Mr. Robot

Comments

• DarkGeneralDarkGeneral Joined: Posts: 4,467
    Am I the only person questing if Elliot is the dominant personality?

Also, Tyrell is gdlk. He'll fuck anybody in the ass to get what he wants, figuratively and literally.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,259
    Well he can't really be the dominant personality since Fsociety had to have been created before we came along and before Eliot himself was aware of it.

Honestly they need to not drag the reveal too long. The Fight Club thing has been done enough for most to see it coming, and while it's a great interpretation of it, we need to start getting things moving.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • DarkGeneralDarkGeneral Joined: Posts: 4,467
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Well he can't really be the dominant personality since Fsociety had to have been created before we came along and before Eliot himself was aware of it.

Honestly they need to not drag the reveal too long. The Fight Club thing has been done enough for most to see it coming, and while it's a great interpretation of it, we need to start getting things moving.

Good point about F Society. Back in episode...3? Was it when he woke up in the hospital the nurse had said that he asked them to call his shrink and his neighbor, Shayla I think her name is. There's a few clever camera tricks that shows Elliots personality changing between Mr Robot and Elliot. It reminds me of some of the shots in Persona by Bergman.

I watched episode 3&4 last night (barely had free time to watch them) and I literally just finished episode 5 about 20 minutes ago.

• white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    po pimpus wrote: »
    That Evil Corp CEO nigga is boss as fuck... The fastest way to psychologically break a bitch is to turn down the pussy.

This dude is all about the mindgames... Which is why he's a perfect psychopath.

Virtually synonymous, I know, but it felt like it had to be done. Psychopathic couples, what a scary sight, esp. that preggo bitch drinking the wine covertly lol.

This is why I think a screening system for psychopaths and sociopaths would do the world a helluva lot of good. Weed out the parasites.
    mIRC wrote: »
    Still loving this show but if there is one blemish it's Darlene's bullshit. It's not enough that I'm annoyed but I'm just so indifferent to whatever the fuck is going on with her.

But that's kind of the problem right now...well maybe not a problem considering the narration delivery and the fact that it's early in the show but...we don't have reason to care about a lot of characters so far. Certainly no one in Fsociety.

The Muslesbian girl was kind of developing last episode. So far she's the only character that's remotely likeable.

I wonder what brought the older black dude into the fold. His personality and overall demeanor doesn't fit the recklessness of F Society.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,332
    edited July 2015
    I like how the brotha, in traditional brotha fashion, is always calling out all the dumb shit the white people are doing, and staying far the fuck away from it.

"This Elliot nigga is a druggie... I SEEN'T IT."

"Here, you take this and sweat these withdrawals out... Am I staying? HELL NAW. You a crazy white boy, Elliot."
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That Evil Corp CEO nigga is boss as fuck... The fastest way to psychologically break a bitch is to turn down the pussy.

This dude is all about the mindgames... Which is why he's a perfect psychopath.

Virtually synonymous, I know, but it felt like it had to be done. Psychopathic couples, what a scary sight, esp. that preggo bitch drinking the wine covertly lol.

This is why I think a screening system for psychopaths and sociopaths would do the world a helluva lot of good. Weed out the parasites.
    mIRC wrote: »
    Still loving this show but if there is one blemish it's Darlene's bullshit. It's not enough that I'm annoyed but I'm just so indifferent to whatever the fuck is going on with her.

But that's kind of the problem right now...well maybe not a problem considering the narration delivery and the fact that it's early in the show but...we don't have reason to care about a lot of characters so far. Certainly no one in Fsociety.

The Muslesbian girl was kind of developing last episode. So far she's the only character that's remotely likeable.

I wonder what brought the older black dude into the fold. His personality and overall demeanor doesn't fit the recklessness of F Society.

psychopaths are needed in society, but they need to be regulated (like that's possible) :lol:
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
    This is going to be one long ass day for Eliot.
    Getting women involved in shit always leads to trouble... Maybe Elliot can hack his way outta this somehow.

But I don't forsee a happy ending...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Getting women involved in shit always leads to trouble... Maybe Elliot can hack his way outta this somehow.

But I don't forsee a happy ending...

Well the obvious goal for Vera is, get out of Jail, put a bullet in Eliot and Shayla's heads and then go about his business.

I can't really blame Eliot for this one. The bastard needed to go down, it was just unfortunate he was smart enough to realize that Eliot had something to do with it.

Idk what he could do here, without having a free moment to hack the two underlings under their noses.
  • ZeonTheUnbornZeonTheUnborn The One IX Joined: Posts: 2,726
    Tyrell's wife is just as insane as he is. Those two are out of their minds. I'm glad to see that plot is adding a subplot to sustain itself. The action was getting a little dull.
    I will win! I won't stop until I get them!

Work him! Yes! Him! Him right there! Work. Him!
    Yeah the Tyrell family are two complete, utter sociopaths... No empathy or remorse at all in those two.

The perfect power couple.

This would be a perfect time for Mr. Robot to come out and handle some shit.
    No, the wife is MORE insane than him. It honestly feels like he's just a tool for her will. At least he shows mild unnerving over some of the shit they do.

And look, Mr. Robot is here. They're not even TRYING to hide it anymore.
    Aww... now the little nigga got some bass in his voice...
    Damn, I literally thought of the "Have shit set up to take Vera's ass down if Eliot dies" 5 minutes before he said that plan.

Idk if it'll go anywhere near that easy though.
    Aww... now the little nigga got some bass in his voice...

Son came up with the 1 pixel come back. Wong factor activated.

Honestly, I don't think Mr Robot is fake. I believe Mr Robot is a real person, remember, even when Eliot was ON his stuff, he saw Mr Robot. Mr Robot has interacted with the real world before. There's no way he can be fake.

Honestly, I don't think Mr Robot is fake. I believe Mr Robot is a real person, remember, even when Eliot was ON his stuff, he saw Mr Robot. Mr Robot has interacted with the real world before. There's no way he can be fake.

You mean like how Tyler Durden fought against people while Eliot watched on? Or how they both seemed to be having discussions in front of other people?

Eliot never said the Morphine took away his delusions. Just took away his pain.
    edited July 2015
    MAH NIGGA™.

This nigga Elliot done turned into fucking Batman...
    Even still though. Mr Robot and Eliot have both been seen having conversations with the same person. And interacting with the world at the exact same time. I think there is a little more to it than that, and this show is smarter than that.

Even still though. Mr Robot and Eliot have both been seen having conversations with the same person. And interacting with the world at the exact same time. I think there is a little more to it than that, and this show is smarter than that.

No they're not. They've been in the same room but they're not actually interacting with the world at the same time. At every point so far, Mr. Robot could easily be just a part of his psyche.

The show is smarter than that because it's not actually trying to hide it. They know very well everyone can see it coming so they're hiding it less and less. Don't mistake what you want to be with what is.
    MAH NIGGA™.

This nigga Elliot done turned into fucking Batman...

You can do a lot when you're about to get shot in the face. He got lucky though. This dissension probably just saved his, Darlene and Shayla's life.
    Eliot turned into muh fucking batman. It's time son!

And there's the twist... as if we didn't see that nigga getting got the minute his betrayal came to light.
    Like I said...I didn't see this ending well and it didn't.
    I have a feeling that Vera is going to come back and bite Eliot in the ass. This man is dangerous, but I have a feeling Tyrell is a far greater evil. This fool Vera is on some aztec shit.

Oh no. Oh no. Oh my....no. Vera just played Eliot....

Yeah I figured it would play out like that... Vera is fucked up, yo...
    Eliot just unleashed far greater evil than anything he's ever seen. I have a feeling that he's going to have to team up with Tyrell in order to shove all the evils he released back into Pandora's box. But for whatever reason...I'm still more afraid of Tyrell than I am of Vera. Tyrell is evil with far reaching power. He has the ability to sweep anything under the rug. Vera on the other hand is just chaos incarnate. Vera will end up burning himself out.

Simply put everyone underestimated him. He seems like a moron but he's actually way too damn smart. He knew exactly how to manipulate everything. He lost his business...but he got revenge on the people who wronged him and he's in the wind, never to be seen again.
    Nah. Someone with Eliot's connections and skills, he'll find Vera again. This time though, I think Eliot will be sure to put Vera in the ground instead of locking him up.

This nigga pulled a Luffy at Impel Down, and got about the same results. Maybe Darlene can help him deal with Vera if it comes to it, but no one teams with Tyrell and comes out okay.
    Nah. Someone with Eliot's connections and skills, he'll find Vera again. This time though, I think Eliot will be sure to put Vera in the ground instead of locking him up.

Nah, again, you're underestimating Vera. His operation is done and he knows it. He also has firsthand proof of Eliot's skills. He'll find ways to avoid getting caught.

Anyway, fellas...I need some happy after this. Like...something uplifting and quick.
    I'm not under-estimating Vera. I think that Eliot, given proper motivation, can do just about anything. Provided the boy is drugged up and distraught.

• mIRCmIRC GOD OF SMPTE Joined: Posts: 7,445
    I can't wait for all the women in refrigerators whining that will happen now.
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,115 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    DEM FEELZ :astonished:
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Vera's biggest mistake was to let Eliot live, but his unhinged ass sees a part of himself in him (like Tuco saw in Heisenberg from BB). It doesn't matter if it will take this season or a couple more, Eliot is going to get him, even if it means selling his soul to do so.

No, the wife is MORE insane than him. It honestly feels like he's just a tool for her will. At least he shows mild unnerving over some of the shit they do.

And look, Mr. Robot is here. They're not even TRYING to hide it anymore.

His wife is certainly far more cunning and manipulative, but when you don't weild actual power that's what it takes. Even real life dictators like Ceausescu were slaves to their wives' whims.

And to further clarify, most psychopaths aren't insane, they're completely lucid and calculating, more than the average person could ever imagine. They do nothing without reason, while normal people will follow their emotions and moral compass even if it doesn't lead to reasonable payoff.

What I really want to see are the consequences of the breakout. The chance of "collateral damage" is quite high here with so many escapees on the lam.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX BLACK-GOKU-HAX Joined: Posts: 18,024
    During Steel Mountain starting, they are ignoring Slater, as if he's not there

New episode teaser, Slater is there, interacting alone with the Black Panther guy.

-then he's the earpiece in the van, the other guys aren't relaying instructions outside of when called on to act, can't really call it, not going to go to absolutes here

Nice pushback from the CTO candidate, when you expected him to be a square, actually checking Tyrell. Hilarious dialogue, pullyodick out, I just drank 6 glasses of water. Shitted on his condo, private driver. This watch is worth more, alone.

too much ey y u so stupid, stupid, from the 2-bit drug crew, ended up being more connected than they seemed-which was a leap, you didn't see Vera with barely anyone before, or figured he was pretty low on the totem pole. Elliot sure meets lots of sociopaths. (heater Red LED was part of a scene recap to start one episd)
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• mIRCmIRC GOD OF SMPTE Joined: Posts: 7,445
    edited July 2015
    Rewatching the latest episode, since I rewatch every episode of this show. Less than six minutes in there is a shot from the back of the car as it pulls up to Elliot's apartment. Pointed directly on a decal of a frog giving the peace sign, it pans out while everyone exits the vehicle including Elliot. Elliot steps out then turns to the driver, the shot is still from behind the car, and says "Where's Shayla?"

One big happy happy.
    Post edited by mIRC on
    edited August 2015
    Damn it, I hate the origin story after death thing...T_T

EDIT: And we got time skips...
  • TragedyKhadaafiTragedyKhadaafi ☆☆ not the pappy ☆☆ Joined: Posts: 1,341
    damn get choked out to some fka twigs
  • RodimusRodimus You can win if you Dare! Joined: Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Jees this guy is beyond ruthless
    Okay Eliot...think you told a little TOO much truth.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file