Mr. Robot

Comments

• SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,894
    edited September 2016
    Wait you're shitting me, Eliot got put in prison for that shit with Krista's dude?

EDIT: And shit, he got an 18 month sentence reduced to less than 3.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,793
    Elliot is losing his shit... Well, more than usual.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I was worried i wasnt going to be satisfied by the end of the season but I am.

I hope its like The Wire where it comes back even better season 3.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Honestly... Im just kind of like, "What the fuck has the point of Season 2 been about?"

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    Honestly... Im just kind of like, "What the fuck has the point of Season 2 been about?"

The aftermath of 5/9 is all. The issue was that they just left the plot disjointed for a bit too long.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    But whats really been the fallout? Life has gone on, ECorp has managed to position its bitcoin currency in a position of power (how did they manage that after losing the public trust?), no real damage has been done to them, all we know is the crew is being mopped up.

And with Elliot being the one who planned Stage 2... it has to be basically something to do with the bitcoin currency, theres been too much going on with crypto currency this season for it to be a coincidence

e$ports
    But whats really been the fallout? Life has gone on, ECorp has managed to position its bitcoin currency in a position of power (how did they manage that after losing the public trust?), no real damage has been done to them, all we know is the crew is being mopped up.

And with Elliot being the one who planned Stage 2... it has to be basically something to do with the bitcoin currency, theres been too much going on with crypto currency this season for it to be a coincidence

That's the point. Of course there's no real fallout. In the end it's to show what FSociety did ultimately amounted to nothing but making things harder for the people they were trying to "save". They stepped over thousands of corpses, all in order to just chip at the 1%.
    I guess it comes down to was Stage 2 planned before or after the 5/9 hack failed to actuall make a difference... excited to find out

e$ports
    Dom is the Queen of Dodging Bullets.
    Goddamn, I have no idea what the fuck is going on at some points... It's like only HAX can fully understand the intricacies of this show.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • MajormelisThereMajormelisThere no labels Joined: Posts: 497
    Tonights episode was so fucking lit my niggas
    Elliot kissing angela was the one of the best scenes this season. Shit felt like a superhero moment tbh. Also, RIP darlene and cisco :c
    Skullgirls: Parasoul, Cerebella
    JOJO HFTF: Polnareff, Iggy, jotaro
    Umvc3: poor spider-man, poor ryu, ok sentinel
    edited September 2016
    Elliot kissing angela was the one of the best scenes this season. Shit felt like a superhero moment tbh. Also, RIP darlene and cisco :c

There's a reason the shot was zoomed out, and we couldn't see their faces.

Methinks another okie-doke is in store.
    po pimpus wrote: »

There's a reason the shot was zoomed out, and we couldn't see their faces.

Methinks another okie-doke is in store.

It's not really an okie, there's no way in hell that they would kill them off right before the finale.
    That was the finale sir.
    Nope. 2 more eps to go.
    Really? Last season was 10 eps wasnt it?
    Really? Last season was 10 eps wasnt it?

This isn't last season and exactly what struck that as a finale to you?

No, the finale is being split into two episodes and starts next week.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What I really found interesting was how the Mrs. Tyrell's bodyguard got all chummy with Elliot so quickly. I guess he saw this him as a resourceful guy and earned his respect.

Also I don't see any way Cisco is making it past the next episode. Even if he survived the shootout the Dark Army wouldn't look out for him. The sister is safe because of Elliot's importance to the plan.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    I dunno man that gunfire didnt look to discriminate lol I have a feeling Darlene is dead (oh well, wasnt a big fan!).
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX DBGT non canon > maxxvatar OVA Joined: Posts: 17,937
    http://hothardware.com/news/vicious-usb-kill-drive-slaughters-any-pc-in-seconds

$56 ?!

worse than EMP grenades
    worse than mr robot

darlene had big character growth
    Therefore following walking dead style killoffs maybe! /got off that ride.

uzi man from fast and furious, 2001

certainly aimed a lot at her side of the booth.

Nice stop and pop, accuracy Gummer.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Goddamn, I have no idea what the fuck is going on at some points... It's like only HAX can fully understand the intricacies of this show.
    when cisco? shaw?
    darlene's BF
    got stuck with the needle for asking about the plan from his connects in Dark Armynot just liquid, nanomachines, tracking device huh.

He didn't tell anybody, like a mark. But had the idea-no Darlene did about he could be bugged/prosthetic leg guy, carrying out the DC plot on her command.

but Cisco didn't remember he was plugged, his fingers stayed the same or cleaned up quick?
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

"HAVE YOU EVER CRIED DURING SEX"

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuck esmail
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,400
    I had no idea what the fuck was going on with Angela until a certain someone showed up.

• white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gravity wrote: »
    I had no idea what the fuck was going on with Angela until a certain someone showed up.

I thought the whole thing was some kind of hallucination that girl was her younger self, only to find out it was all real. So trippy.

Autistic FBI chick finally showing some real vulnerability. I think it's a miracle she's alive. I was honestly expecting an assassin to come after her once she made it home. She twice interfered with the Dark Army, so only plot armor is logically keeping her alive.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    So, is the survivor she mentioned probably Darlene? Makes sense, I doubt the dark army would leave their actual target alive.

Also FBI chick has the good graces of time dude/chick liking them, much like Angela is under elliots protection.

Kind of a crazy episode, so many long, drawn out scenes and shots like the FBI girl trying to cyber her amazon echo

e$ports
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 2016
    I cried during last fucking episode :crybaby:
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX DBGT non canon > maxxvatar OVA Joined: Posts: 17,937
    edited September 2016
    Long in bed scene, expected the same, Golgo 13 about to take care of business, but guess they did plenty of knocks on the door at home. Back to back, Beard Tech + Darlene. (And back at season 1 end Tyrell at Elliots apartment)
    Autistic FBI chick finally showing some real vulnerability. I think it's a miracle she's alive. I was honestly expecting an assassin to come after her once she made it home. She twice interfered with the Dark Army, so only plot armor is logically keeping her alive.
    Great at her job Terrible at regular life archetype.

FBI guy a step above her, like nobody gives a shit about how many of them got iced in the China hotel.

Saw some promo posters, had to do this.
    wq4kRZB.png
    rGl2bLY.png

Couldn't get the same C even when I had the same K in one font.
    Post edited by WTF-AKUMA-HAX on

edited September 2016
    Got the SEGA font 'Neon Line'
    Made another

2KDPuri.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/MrRobot/comments/3h3l31/mr_robot_font_to_download/

didn't sign up to dropbox and get this guys.
    But I wonder if he fixed the lines inside the letters thickness to be the same. Looks like it isn't.
    Post edited by WTF-AKUMA-HAX on

• Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Even though I don't watch the Emmy's..............congrats on the win.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    Rock you know damn well I, as well as most of SRK don't give a shit about award shows... Most of us only sat through the Oscars to see Leo finally get the W he's deserved for decades.
    I love the show... but I think its hillarious that he managed to win over Bob Odenkirk and Kevin Spacey, and those are the only 2 other shows I saw out of all the nominees. Definitely doesn't strike me as best actor material.

e$ports
    I love the show... but I think its hillarious that he managed to win over Bob Odenkirk and Kevin Spacey, and those are the only 2 other shows I saw out of all the nominees. Definitely doesn't strike me as best actor material.

You're really underselling Rami Malek's ability and range as Elliot. It isn't exactly easy to portray an awkward introvert while still having some level of charisma and emotion connection to the audience. Spacey is a great actor, but he's not really stretching himself on HoC.

If anything, Bob Odenkirk got robbed... Dude is the most underrated actor on TV.
    edited September 2016
    Rami Malek deserved the win IMO. This is the kind of character that has never been portayed before. Weve seen plenty of flawed lawyers and Better Call Saul is a slight disappointment despite a solid turn from Odenkirk. Maybe the season where he finally turns well see Odenkirks best work yet and he will deserve the win. Kevin spacey is just doing his thing (which is awesome, dont get me wrong.) and we know hell get it at one point. I think Mr Robot will never achieve the greatness that achieved in season one and in large part due to Rami as Elliott. Id say hes probably the best self narrator/main character that there has been on television.
    The FBI knew...the entire time...
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,400
    That last scene......no loose ends.
    Well, stage 2 was successful, which is more than I can say for the entirety of Season 2

e$ports
    Yeah honestly I'll say it outright...Season 2 sucked. Too much attention was paid to Elliot's unreliable mind. While it paid off with the whole Tyrell scene, other than that it made it really easy to just tune out his segments because...why bother if you can trust absolutely nothing of what you see?

Plus a lot of the season felt like it was trying too hard to be thought provoking and artistic and cryptic rather than telling an actually well executed story. It definitely felt like a season with a director and producer feeling themselves too much and going head first into Oscar (or I guess Emmy) Bait territory.
    I think people think season 2 sucked only because it's something that had to be watched week by week, which makes it pretty easy to forget some subtle details.

I'm gonna re-watch this season on a binge watch sometime soon.
    tyrell and angela telling each other how much they love elliot was kinda weird but ok
    Rock made 1 post the whole season 2 in here, why ya'll getting trolled
    with his want to be an online weirdo spoiler-getting off on that in public in front of ya'll online dudes, gross, this time since he didn't have nothing on the show, he had to go outside the show to something they tell you in the commercials now anyway.
    He ain't make no fucc da world posters. :mad:

That answers an old question in here that 'is Tyrell just a figment of Elliot's imagination?' (Elliot was still believing that) but not why Mr Robot told him he's dead (I shot him + don't worry about it?) and big memory loss by Elliot. Still against innocents dying in these major building exploitative hacks.

I had to look up a site with a script (weak, unofficial though, over there writing down the recaps the show starts with the scene jumping around and lots missing anyway) on that rundown on Xun and tapping White Rose superhackphone. To see that Dark Army was interested in the femtocell too. So Dom found it, after alluding to knowing and seeing Angela drop in on that floor, and going to find out why.

So when did they tap their IRC channel with "Sam Sepiol"

Less interesting is how Angela knows Tyrell.

Might need to watch again to see how much they had up for Tyrell Wellick on the whiteboard.
    Anything on him after the 5/9 hack.

Season 2?
    Too much Joanna

Too little on what White Rose's dream is.

Thought it was gonna be a bitcoin/e-coin hack and wealth redistribution, not building implosion Fight Club again