Ken General Thread: Go with the Flow

TonyyyTonyyy Joined: Posts: 108
edited February 2016 in Ken
what do you guys think, I think his moves and what not look cool; I just think he looks really bad, whats up with his face and the clothes looks like they're trying to appease to zelda fans
Post edited by jchensor on

Comments

• MetroxylonMetroxylon Missing link? Joined: Posts: 2,627
    He looks great. and I'm glad his gi isn't monotone anymore. He seems a lot like a KoF character with the same combo and reset potential as Evil Ryu.
    Are you clutch or crutch?
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

https://youtube.com/user/SaveReplayandQuit/videos
  • NightmareGeeseNightmareGeese Joined: Posts: 11
    Dude Andy Bogard is in street fighter v, i love that guy
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    He's less of a shoto for sure, something I think we have all been dying for. He looks great (except that Legolas hairstyle is weird, needs getting used to).
  • ProjectjusticeProjectjustice Psycho Denji Joined: Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2015
    I need to see more, they didnt show enough to know if hes cool or not. At the end they showed a face, it looked like Akuma to me.

Edit: just watched some of his gameplay. Dude looks fucking awesome!
    Fightcade, Steam and XBL tag: Projectjustice
    PSN: Projectjustice77
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,715
    Looking amazing, I guess this is post-Street Fighter III.
    edited July 2015
    Akuma or Oni?

original.jpg?w=600&h
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,472
    moveset looks great, was hoping they went really radical though.. I mean like no fireball type stuff
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • p1nkt1t5p1nkt1t5 Joined: Posts: 616
    blanka
    SFV: Cammy, Yun
    SF4: Yun

1HC to Super Makes SFV Satisfactory

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-TOpukQ

When I Miss, Salt >:(

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-miss-Y4J9bL
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    Akuma or Oni?

neither, and wrong thread

Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    Put it in the OP, OP.

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,472
    is... is.. is that a dive kick by any chance :o
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,110
    edited July 2015
    Yes ex air tatsu seems a lot like a divekicks

He looks very mobile, I like it so far
  • TonyyyTonyyy Joined: Posts: 108
    I don't think his design looks good at all, they've given him this stupid man bun haircut which a bunch of hipsters have nowdays...just a fail on the design really.
  • DashumDashum Joined: Posts: 48
    I like everything I'm seeing except for his atrocious hair.

Looks like his j. MK crosses up, similar to Ryu and Nash. I hope his air tatsu does as well since Ryu's doesn't. His V-Skill looks sweet, kind of like a Roman Cancel from GG and like Nash's V-Trigger except without the air mixups and teleport.
    Still lamenting over my lost account of 10+ years :'( .
    21335300cb5a336f6fd522ca5ce7a6c00b594c8f.jpg
    I like his v-skill the most so far. It's so versatile
  • I<iShiDoI<iShiDo MVP Joined: Posts: 161
    Ok I have my main... But only if Adon or another new and awesome Muay Thai fighter won't be announced

• WargameWargame Joined: Posts: 99
    Dude looks awesome need to see some actual gameplay butt I am happy my favorite character is in.
    can someone explain to me how these v-triggers are unique? all they seem to do is increase hits and damage...
  • FrozteyFroztey That British Dude Joined: Posts: 8,005
    edited July 2015

HNNNNNNNNGGGGG HE LOOKS SO COOL. They gave him back his brown eyes! And a nice design overall, really doesn't look like a "clone" any more, that gameplay had me spinning. Sorry Chun, but now Ken's been revealed I'm gonna have to rethink which 3S main I want to play.

Things to take note of -
    Lots of jab short links, so he looks as if he's going to be a quick rushdown pressure character with some good close options to confirm into.

That V-Trigger...was it a dash cancel? I'm unsure, but it looks like some form of dash?

CRAZY KICKS AHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Step-kick looks like it travels full fucking screen.

A DIVEKICK, WHAT?

He looks as if he has the same M - H punch target combo, with a new double kick target combo to boot.

Super small detail, but a lot of his normals give him a fire effect under his feet as he performs them, which looks SO cool.
    Tonyyy wrote: »
    can someone explain to me how these v-triggers are unique? all they seem to do is increase hits and damage...
    What a surprise!

His seems very combo oriented. He can link stuff after activating, can juggle his light tatsu, etc. Doesn't seem to help neutral at all like the other characters.

Apart from improving mobility, what else could they really do that gives an edge? There aren't a ton of options outside of that which would make V-Skills/Triggers unique, they'd just turn out shittier than the rest.

• Gross_IndecencyGross_Indecency S Nocturnal Joined: Posts: 1,019
    edited July 2015
    I think, physically, he looks hideous. His eyebrows reached to the tickness of a moustache, the hair just doesn't suit him. His face really seems ugly to me.
    Post edited by Gross_Indecency on
    I think, physically, he looks hideous. His eyebrows reached to the tickness of a moustache, the hair just doesn't suit him. His face really seem ugly to me.

Yea if you cant have sex with the character its a no go for you!
    edited July 2015
    I think, physically, he looks hideous. His eyebrows reached to the tickness of a moustache, the hair just doesn't suit him. His face really seem ugly to me.

I'm digging it myself..this is probably my favourite Ken design yet, mainly because they decided to change his design and make him really stand out as his own character which I've been waiting for them to do for a while. I should probably note that I DO think the detail in his design looked bad in that trailer, I just really like the overall character design. Details aren't quite there though.
  • Gross_IndecencyGross_Indecency S Nocturnal Joined: Posts: 1,019

Where did you see "sex" or "no go" in my post lol? I just said he doesn't look good physically. Chill.
    edited July 2015
    Oh dear god. That portrait :/
    CJf-xuRUYAAQCM1.jpg:large

Oh dear why does his jawline looks so freaky and general head shape.

he looks REALLY bad, I think they literally read that post from Cestus and just chucked him together. I get the whole being different from shotos thing... He almost looks middle eastern facial feature wise
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,799
    Great update of a classic design in ALL regards. He remains iconic as Ken but differentiated from Ryu, leaving Ryu as the traditionalist and Ken as the innovator in both clothing and combat.

Excellent job, Capcom.
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • MetroxylonMetroxylon Missing link? Joined: Posts: 2,627
    Wowwwww you Social Justice Warrior cretins need to stop thinking a character has to be good looking to be appealing. I'm sure 99% of you go to the bathroom with the lights off.
    Are you clutch or crutch?
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

https://youtube.com/user/SaveReplayandQuit/videos
    Metroxylon wrote: »
    Wowwwww you Social Justice Warrior cretins need to stop thinking a character has to be good looking to be appealing. I'm sure 99% of you go to the bathroom with the lights off.

Also, its just dumb to attack the looks of a character when the game isnt final. Character models will continue to get tweaked. Its just dumb.

Where did you see "sex" or "no go" in my post lol? I just said he doesn't look good physically. Chill.

Well you was going off like it was the end of the world, fully knowing this game wont be out for another 9 months.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,466
    he looks REALLY bad, I think they literally read that post from Cestus and just chucked him together. I get the whole being different from shotos thing... He almost looks middle eastern facial feature wise

Stop the whining or i send my Capcom minions to punish you

Welcome to my world, bitch :D

Jokes aside, being a fan of my own ideas i like new chara design :D

Exectuion is kinda strange but they have a lot of time to make it look good, see how they improved Charlie's face since first appearance

As now i just like that green hair/azure eyes SF4 Ken is dead, welcome back Ken Masters
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire
  • Heat_SleepHeat_Sleep Joined: Posts: 439
    Grandpa Ken looks like Jetstream Sam with blonde hair.

Holy fuck.
  • Soul7Soul7 Joined: Posts: 485
    I'm glad Ken is back. :)
    Used him a lot in SFIV.I think i'll invest more time on him this time around. :)
    His moves look really cool! I'm pumped! :smiley:

Also,it's refreshing to see him changing appearance. But what's with that hair.....Oh well i'll live with it. :)
    Want Arika (a.k.a SF EX) characters in SF5?
    Like this page: https://www.facebook.com/ArikaCharactersForStreetFighterV
    Or Sign this Petition: https://www.change.org/p/yoshinori-ono-team-street-fighter-v-petition-arika-characters-for-street-fighter-v
    Petition for Capcom to buy the Arika characters' license in order to hopefully include some as DLC in SFV.
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    Many people were mad when I said if Akuma and/or Ken are in they need to be very different. Now that the different and kickass Ken appeared who isn't 95% Ryu has appeared, everyone loves him. If Akuma makes it in he also needs a dramatic rework. Ryu deluxe edition would be lame.

edited July 2015
    PLEASE dude, I hope they bring bring back the Purple Gi in one of his alternates. I want my favourite colour to be available for Ken again! The blue colour looks nice too though, that what I'm rocking in SFIV.

Gameplay

That step kick fake looks ridiculously quick.

• SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    how will quick step kick being a v-skill affect kara throws, if at all?
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    edited July 2015
    blufang wrote: »
    Many people were mad when I said if Akuma and/or Ken are in they need to be very different. Now that the different and kickass Ken appeared who isn't 95% Ryu has appeared, everyone loves him. If Akuma makes it in he also needs a dramatic rework. Ryu deluxe edition would be lame.

I'd like it if they made the comparisons to a demon a lot more clear in both his moveset and design, they seem to have hit the nail on the head with the Ken design with the Japanese Gi with the more western thermal for a chest piece.

No idea how you'd make the comparison to a demon happen, but it'd be nice to see that contained and perfectly controlled rage and lust for battle Akuma has all manifested into his design.

SoVi3t wrote: »
    how will quick step kick being a v-skill affect kara throws, if at all?

Step kick could be still be a command normal, all ComboFiend said was that you could cancel into it through his V-Skill.

• fistoftheryustarfistoftheryustar Joined: Posts: 2,170
    Like the redesign. But his hair looks like Trixie Kong from DKC3
    My drawing:
    Mai cheats on Ryu - "Shin Shoryuken!"

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=7115525&postcount=252
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,201
    edited July 2015
    Glad he have the Run he deserves it.

I hope they make it the Roll for V-skill. :(

Making him evasive and fast.

and I thought he would have V-trigger like Nash.

I hoped they change his LK Tatsu to something different. But keeping his MK the same

I hoped they would change his crouching normals Kicks act differently:
    1. like making crouching MK similar to a crouching HK but faster and shorter range. same with wolverine in MSH.
    2. like making his crouching HK like an anti-air.
    3. Maybe its time to change his HP not as Uppercut.

That would be awesome evolution. THAT WOULD BE A REALLY DIFFERENT. Special Moves is done very good.

I liked this costume alt karate Gi

Ken_Masters_(Alternate_Costume).png

or somewher near SFEX's Allen Snider

images.jpeg

I think its time for Ken to have shoes.

Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Jill or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older Doronjo version)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,268
    Great moves, disgusting face.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge MAD STRUGGLE Joined: Posts: 16,107
    The greatest bringer of Hatred and Salt has returned. Our savior Ken Masters. I like the costume a lot. I like the even more relaxed active stance. I like Shoryu Reppa being the EX SRK. The hair looks ridiculous and his face is odd but not surprising after what they did to Ryu. I noticed the KD on tatsu now. Nice.

I'd want his air throw back but I didn't see Cammy or Chun Li with theirs.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."