BlazBlue Central Fiction

Comments

• LarsMastersLarsMasters Joined: Posts: 127
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Mai Natsume is here

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201608/16113161.html
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.
  • AceKillahAceKillah behind the scenes Joined: Posts: 15,813
    slightly interested in bb again.

which i havent been since cf got announced lol
    "Smash is the Walmart of fighting games. There's nothing inherently wrong with Walmart, but damned if I don't want 95% of its clientele to burn to death." -Vynce
  • AirkAirk Joined: Posts: 1,024

yay.

z.z
  • HadoukieHadoukie K-UGER! Joined: Posts: 428
    I approve of this, as do my tightening pants
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,884
    Hadoukie wrote: »

You know Mai pretty much is only a girl because "magic changed her from a guy to a girl", right?
  • HadokingHadoking The ReoGeo Successor Joined: Posts: 1,278
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Hadoukie wrote: »

You know Mai pretty much is only a girl because "magic changed her from a guy to a girl", right?

Doesn't mean that's she not still a girl.

Everyone can have an opinion, only yours doesn't matter.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,873
    edited August 2016
    Trans post op by magic.
  • HadoukieHadoukie K-UGER! Joined: Posts: 428
    She/he becomes a full girl by the end of the manga, so it's all good
  • iminthenet2iminthenet2 Joined: Posts: 494
    Es Gameplay Video. Though it's an off-screen camera quality.

Aksys Games says BBCF may not have English Dub voice acting.

I wish there was a dislike option here because while I'm glad you shared that...I certainly can't like it or agree with the idea, lol.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/24/blazblue-central-fiction-limited-edition-announced-dlc-details/

At the comment section Danny Miscevich, Sales and Marketing Manager for Aksys Games, commented on the lack on English dub saying:
    Yeah no dub is disappointing, but would you have rather waited 6-8 months for a US release w/ a dub?

Personally............I would've waited.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    Yeah, I know. For me personally? I would've bought the import for PS3 in November, and then bought the NA version with dub for PS4 in April. I know I'm not everyone and people would be going "what the hell, buying it twice?" but...that's just me speaking.
  • DeeQueDeeQue Can't Kill Kawaii Joined: Posts: 278
    edited August 2016

Did this really surprise anyone? People were predicting this months ago when the first batch of new characters were revealed.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/24/blazblue-central-fiction-limited-edition-announced-dlc-details/

At the comment section Danny Miscevich, Sales and Marketing Manager for Aksys Games, commented on the lack on English dub saying:
    Yeah no dub is disappointing, but would you have rather waited 6-8 months for a US release w/ a dub?

Personally............I would've waited.

I would have waited too... Which is why I'm going to wait and hope the dub shows up in Blazblue: Central Fiction EXTEND!
    Honestly, I never liked English dub in BlazBlue. No English Dub in BBCF is good news to me.
    edited August 2016
    Honestly, I never liked English dub in BlazBlue. No English Dub in BBCF is good news to me.

Good for you...........however I liked that there was an option to have English or Japanese audio.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • AKZuMAKZuM "Frustration Filter" Joined: Posts: 149
    Well, I guess there's no storymode for me this time. Arksys is crazy as hell if they think I'm gonna sit through 40+ hours worth of cut-scenes without english, I had enough of that with Revelator. I'm probably just going to read the synopsis online or something.
  • verdant0verdant0 Joined: Posts: 49
    No english VA is not a deal breaker for me but it disappoints me. While in the main story they acted good but the gag reels made me fell in love with them. I also played Xblaze so I was curious who was going to do the english dub for Es but oh well.
    Yeah............I enjoyed the story mode and gag reels in English.
    Since there is no English audio I canceled my pre-order...............I'll probably get the game when it's discounted.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    Huh. What's the big deal? Read the text while you play story mode, yo.
    Airk wrote: »
    Huh. What's the big deal? Read the text while you play story mode, yo.

Doing something text heavy with voices that aren't...how do I put it, text appropriate is just odd overall. Like, it's different in a game say...like 999 where there's no voice acting at all, but say, for its sequel, VLR, when so much of the gameplay IS the interaction, the idea of not having matching voices is weird.
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Doing something text heavy with voices that aren't...how do I put it, text appropriate is just odd overall. Like, it's different in a game say...like 999 where there's no voice acting at all, but say, for its sequel, VLR, when so much of the gameplay IS the interaction, the idea of not having matching voices is weird.

Dunno, it's as natural as breathing to me. I've been watching various sorts of subtitled movies for decades and I can never once remember thinking "geez, this is weird, why aren't they speaking English?" or something?
  • DeeQueDeeQue Can't Kill Kawaii Joined: Posts: 278
    I will say in the context of a visual novel, it's not as "important" to have English voice acting. The main reason I prefer dubs is because my eyes aren't stuck on the text at the bottom of the screen. In a movie I like to see what's going on. This SHOULD be a non-issue with visual novel style storytelling. The only thing your missing out on is some of the scenes where audio cues add to the story. Like in P4 arena where Labrys's accent plays a roll in revealing her origins. The accent is harder for a non-Japanese speaker to pick up, and isn't pointed out until much later in the story. Outside story mode, Blazeblue always took character interactions during the fights seriously. Hearing Ragna swear at Terumi or demand Hakumen were really cool touches that non-Japanese speakers will miss out on.
    https://www.facebook.com/patrickseitzfanpage/posts/10154563285294875

Patrick Seitz speaks about the lack of English dub in BB:CF............and I agree with him that the BB English voice cast was one of the best.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • verdant0verdant0 Joined: Posts: 49
    edited August 2016
    Wow that post was awesome. I smiled when he made a note of how BB's story can be quite confusing. Just like others have said, reading doesn't bother me but having something and taking it away just sucks for those who enjoyed it.
    I confess, I am going to miss the English BATTLE voices. Because there are no subtitles for those, and a lot of the dialogue there is clever, funny, or both.

Also, Angry English Tsubaki in CP is way better than "sounds pretty much the same as before" Japanese CP Tsubaki.
  • CelciusCelcius Joined: Posts: 946
    There's a petition to add English dubs to BBCF: https://www.change.org/p/aksys-games-support-the-dub-for-blazblue-central-fiction
    Already over 500 signatures and it just started yesterday afternoon.
    Victory means nothing, the fight means everything!
    .......signed.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    .......signed.
    Thanks, we're now closing in on 1300 signatures!
    Looks awesome
    It is not clear to me what you are asking them to do in that petition.

How many people would throw a temper tantrum on the internet if Aksys came back in 6 months and said "DLC English voices! $10!" (Answer: A lot)
    The petition has over 2,000 signatures. BBCF might not get delayed. English dub would be DLC.

http://shoryuken.com/2016/08/29/fans-rally-behind-a-petition-for-english-dubbing-in-blazblue-central-fiction/
    Oh shit, nice. That reminds me, I've gotta make an account and sign that tonight for sure.
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,413
    Just add it in later as DLC.

I just wanna break niggas' faces with every stage already. I need The Power of Science in my life.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,813
    Signed that petition. The dub is amazing and I'd hate to see it go.
    PSN: rayplay
    Best widowmaker in North Korea.
    "He's gonna switch to wireless mid greed sever."
    Over 2500 signatures now!
    I'd pay for it as DLC if necessary. Although I'm waiting on the eventual PC release anyway so I'm ok with waiting...
    Hell if they can throw in English VA as DLC...............I'd buy it.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    New BBCF Trailer!