BlazBlue Central Fiction

1235»

Comments

• javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,149
    Has Carl Clover been buffed in this version? He's always been a difficult to play character for the hardcores, but don't remember seen such domination of at least the american metagame. His pressure does compare to the one of Zato and Millia where it's not a question of whether he can open you up or not, but when. When is the best moment to jump away or counter? Looks like he could keep you blocking forever with some good alternation between him and Ada.
  • AirkAirk Joined: Posts: 1,024
    javert wrote: »
    Has Carl Clover been buffed in this version? He's always been a difficult to play character for the hardcores, but don't remember seen such domination of at least the american metagame. His pressure does compare to the one of Zato and Millia where it's not a question of whether he can open you up or not, but when. When is the best moment to jump away or counter? Looks like he could keep you blocking forever with some good alternation between him and Ada.

He did receive some buffs, yes. But I don't think he's super dominant in this game - if only because the game has several other super crazy powerful characters (Looking at you, Arakune, Izayoi, Nine, Izanami). The "not whether but when" pressure has basically been a thing for all kinds of characters throughout BlazBlue's history - I'd go so far as to state that it's the meta for BB. The defining feature of top tier BB characters historically has been "if they can get a hit and put you in the corner, you will be forced to block and your odds of blocking successfully are not good."

As for how to get away from Carl, he DOES have a meter for his doll, and his pressure is pretty forgettable if he's not using her. So keep half an eye on that meter. If he is actually using Nirvana intensely, doesn't actually take that long for it to reach the point where he's going to have to decide to either stop using her, or do one more doll move and be FORCED to stop using her (or, I guess, burn overdrive to keep her going, but I don't see this happen very often). Once he lets the doll go idle, you have a pretty good chance of getting out. Also, it's actually not that hard to counter-assault him as long as you aren't predictable about it, and as long as the CA hits, Ada will deactivate.
  • shotoreplicantshotoreplicant NO. 3 Joined: Posts: 48
    WOWWW.
    Sim Wit Sin.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 8,744
    I'm totally new to BB (at least his PvP aspect) and I have a question: is there a defined reversal window in this game? Many times I try to tech roll and use Cutting Shear with Bullet but I get tagged with a counter hit instead. It might be a missinput but I wanted to make sure what I'm doing wrong.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • PurplePonyArcadePurplePonyArcade Pretentious Android Joined: Posts: 252
    I am so very happy to have Jubei finally. I just wish ASW would fix the PC port or just can it and make a new one.
    The world needs more folk metal
  • GhostTearGhostTear Abyss Walker Joined: Posts: 1,875
    does anybody know the match of a tager and clover that happened yesterday? or know the tagers name for that matter? im trying to find it
    I am so very happy to have Jubei finally. I just wish ASW would fix the PC port or just can it and make a new one.

Why though? They fixed basically everything in the PC version afaik.
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
  • HadokingHadoking The ReoGeo Successor Joined: Posts: 1,255
    edited July 18
    I'm so hype for the rebalance. Nine got toned down and ribcage isnt ridiculous anymore.
    Everyone can have an opinion, only yours doesn't matter.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,712
    edited July 18
    "The cat-samurai-sensei is making his way to arcades with the patch on August 3rd" + BBCF 2.0 version changes
    http://shoryuken.com/2017/07/18/blazblue-central-fiction-2-0-patch-notes-rebalance-the-cast-add-jubei-to-arcade-release/

just as a reminder his trailer
    Oh god they gave back to Bullet the gatlings into D AND from overhead! Earlier heat increase means she might be able to do the follow-ups as long as D moves hit.
    Overall they seem to be trying to make her drive relevant again which is not a bad thing.
    I wonder if the higher launch on 2C means she will get better oki after Afterburner or maybe even combo into Snap Hand Fist?
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
  • UkioUkio Old School Noob Joined: Posts: 164
    At least bought the game (Now I must finish doom to get enough free space on the hdd to play it).
    Any mayor changes in bang mechanics since Chronophantasma? And Hakumen?
  • DarkphyreDarkphyre single-minded Joined: Posts: 1,577
    Ukio wrote: »
    At least bought the game (Now I must finish doom to get enough free space on the hdd to play it).
    Any mayor changes in bang mechanics since Chronophantasma? And Hakumen?

Bang lost 5A (or was it 5B) confirms or something in CF, idk I don't play Bang.
    Hakumen got a new counter that dashes forward.

Upcoming CF 2.0 changes for both characters:
    Bang wrote:
    - 6A: you can use it up to 2 times during a blockstring; 6A > 5B gatling added
    - 6C: now a Fatal Counter
    - 3C: floats less on CH; unable to emergency tech; hitbox increased upwards
    - D moves: prorate buffed
    - 5D: hitbox increased downwards
    - 2D: opponent floats the same height as normal hit on CH
    - Explosion during Drive: Bang doesn't jump as high after explosion; you can't move while descending but you land faster doesn't hit multiple times on block (only hits once now); fixed a bug where the sprite would last on screen
    - j.623B: inwards hitbox increased
    - Bumper: the bumper's scarf changes as you use its charges; it'll always set up a bumper on screen when used in the corner
    - j.22A: removed height limitation; can be used right after jumping
    - 236236D: able to grab opponents who've just started jumping/landing; less recovery on whiff (ground ver. only)
    Hakumen wrote:
    - Dash: inertia effect for moves when hopping has increased
    - 6A/6B: can be canceled into 632146C
    - j.C: only cancelable on hit; hitbox increased upwards
    - Drive: special cancelable when activated against projectiles
    - Drive: damage reduced, but now special cancelable
    - 5D: emergency untech time reduced
    - j.D: jump inertia won't be stopped anymore; landing recovery increased; now catches lows untech time decreased on successful counter; can use jump normals/specials when descending on successful counter your jumps reset (you can jump twice/airdash again)
    - Backthrow: follow-up time is universal for all characters
    - 236B: visual effect on 2nd hit changed (no changes to hitbox)
    - j.214C: guard crush time increased
    - 214D: hitbox will activate regardless of actually countering or not; on a successful counter the special you cancel into has invul, spends 2 magatama
    Steam/PSN: Shaniril
    SFxT: Juri, Asuka, Lili, Nina, Alisa
    BBCF: Izayoi, Es
    Koihime: Gakushin
    SFV: Fuck SFV.
    www.youtube.com/Darkphyre
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 3,773
    These Bullet changes look nice, might try her out.

Nine gets toned down a bit, but she should still be pretty strong. So I am fine.
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine
  • grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Looking forward to trying out Jubei, testing Amane's drills, Bullet, Celica and Susanoo.
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
    edited 3:10PM
    What about Noel? Will the changes make her kinda playable again?
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
  • UkioUkio Old School Noob Joined: Posts: 164
    Tried it at least (deleted Killing Floor 2 :_( )
    There's any way to unlock Susanoo and others or you have to buy them?
  • HadokingHadoking The ReoGeo Successor Joined: Posts: 1,255
    Ukio wrote: »
    Tried it at least (deleted Killing Floor 2 :_( )
    There's any way to unlock Susanoo and others or you have to buy them?

You have to beat story mode
    Everyone can have an opinion, only yours doesn't matter.
1235»