BlazBlue Central Fiction

1235»

Comments

• javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,140
    Has Carl Clover been buffed in this version? He's always been a difficult to play character for the hardcores, but don't remember seen such domination of at least the american metagame. His pressure does compare to the one of Zato and Millia where it's not a question of whether he can open you up or not, but when. When is the best moment to jump away or counter? Looks like he could keep you blocking forever with some good alternation between him and Ada.
  • AirkAirk Joined: Posts: 1,024
    javert wrote: »
    Has Carl Clover been buffed in this version? He's always been a difficult to play character for the hardcores, but don't remember seen such domination of at least the american metagame. His pressure does compare to the one of Zato and Millia where it's not a question of whether he can open you up or not, but when. When is the best moment to jump away or counter? Looks like he could keep you blocking forever with some good alternation between him and Ada.

He did receive some buffs, yes. But I don't think he's super dominant in this game - if only because the game has several other super crazy powerful characters (Looking at you, Arakune, Izayoi, Nine, Izanami). The "not whether but when" pressure has basically been a thing for all kinds of characters throughout BlazBlue's history - I'd go so far as to state that it's the meta for BB. The defining feature of top tier BB characters historically has been "if they can get a hit and put you in the corner, you will be forced to block and your odds of blocking successfully are not good."

As for how to get away from Carl, he DOES have a meter for his doll, and his pressure is pretty forgettable if he's not using her. So keep half an eye on that meter. If he is actually using Nirvana intensely, doesn't actually take that long for it to reach the point where he's going to have to decide to either stop using her, or do one more doll move and be FORCED to stop using her (or, I guess, burn overdrive to keep her going, but I don't see this happen very often). Once he lets the doll go idle, you have a pretty good chance of getting out. Also, it's actually not that hard to counter-assault him as long as you aren't predictable about it, and as long as the CA hits, Ada will deactivate.
  • shotoreplicantshotoreplicant NO. 3 Joined: Posts: 49
    WOWWW.
    Sim Wit Sin.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine Veteran of the Fireball Wars Joined: Posts: 7,925
    I'm totally new to BB (at least his PvP aspect) and I have a question: is there a defined reversal window in this game? Many times I try to tech roll and use Cutting Shear with Bullet but I get tagged with a counter hit instead. It might be a missinput but I wanted to make sure what I'm doing wrong.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
1235»