BlazBlue Central Fiction

Comments

• javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,233
    Has Carl Clover been buffed in this version? He's always been a difficult to play character for the hardcores, but don't remember seen such domination of at least the american metagame. His pressure does compare to the one of Zato and Millia where it's not a question of whether he can open you up or not, but when. When is the best moment to jump away or counter? Looks like he could keep you blocking forever with some good alternation between him and Ada.
  • AirkAirk Joined: Posts: 1,024
    javert wrote: »
    Has Carl Clover been buffed in this version? He's always been a difficult to play character for the hardcores, but don't remember seen such domination of at least the american metagame. His pressure does compare to the one of Zato and Millia where it's not a question of whether he can open you up or not, but when. When is the best moment to jump away or counter? Looks like he could keep you blocking forever with some good alternation between him and Ada.

He did receive some buffs, yes. But I don't think he's super dominant in this game - if only because the game has several other super crazy powerful characters (Looking at you, Arakune, Izayoi, Nine, Izanami). The "not whether but when" pressure has basically been a thing for all kinds of characters throughout BlazBlue's history - I'd go so far as to state that it's the meta for BB. The defining feature of top tier BB characters historically has been "if they can get a hit and put you in the corner, you will be forced to block and your odds of blocking successfully are not good."

As for how to get away from Carl, he DOES have a meter for his doll, and his pressure is pretty forgettable if he's not using her. So keep half an eye on that meter. If he is actually using Nirvana intensely, doesn't actually take that long for it to reach the point where he's going to have to decide to either stop using her, or do one more doll move and be FORCED to stop using her (or, I guess, burn overdrive to keep her going, but I don't see this happen very often). Once he lets the doll go idle, you have a pretty good chance of getting out. Also, it's actually not that hard to counter-assault him as long as you aren't predictable about it, and as long as the CA hits, Ada will deactivate.
  • shotoreplicantshotoreplicant NO. 3 Joined: Posts: 48
    WOWWW.
    Sim Wit Sin.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,880
    I'm totally new to BB (at least his PvP aspect) and I have a question: is there a defined reversal window in this game? Many times I try to tech roll and use Cutting Shear with Bullet but I get tagged with a counter hit instead. It might be a missinput but I wanted to make sure what I'm doing wrong.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)
  • PurplePonyArcadePurplePonyArcade Pretentious Android Joined: Posts: 257
    I am so very happy to have Jubei finally. I just wish ASW would fix the PC port or just can it and make a new one.
    The world needs more folk metal
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,603
    does anybody know the match of a tager and clover that happened yesterday? or know the tagers name for that matter? im trying to find it
    I am so very happy to have Jubei finally. I just wish ASW would fix the PC port or just can it and make a new one.

Why though? They fixed basically everything in the PC version afaik.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
  • HadokingHadoking The ReoGeo Successor Joined: Posts: 1,278
    edited July 18
    I'm so hype for the rebalance. Nine got toned down and ribcage isnt ridiculous anymore.
    Everyone can have an opinion, only yours doesn't matter.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,583
    edited July 18
    "The cat-samurai-sensei is making his way to arcades with the patch on August 3rd" + BBCF 2.0 version changes
    http://shoryuken.com/2017/07/18/blazblue-central-fiction-2-0-patch-notes-rebalance-the-cast-add-jubei-to-arcade-release/

just as a reminder his trailer
    Oh god they gave back to Bullet the gatlings into D AND from overhead! Earlier heat increase means she might be able to do the follow-ups as long as D moves hit.
    Overall they seem to be trying to make her drive relevant again which is not a bad thing.
    I wonder if the higher launch on 2C means she will get better oki after Afterburner or maybe even combo into Snap Hand Fist?
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
  • UkioUkio Old School Noob Joined: Posts: 199
    At least bought the game (Now I must finish doom to get enough free space on the hdd to play it).
    Any mayor changes in bang mechanics since Chronophantasma? And Hakumen?
    PSN: ShotgunSolutions CFN: Abogalypse

SFV: Ken, Alex, trying Zeku
    KoFXIV: Geese, Andy, Kula
    GG: I-No, Chipp
    BBCF: Bang, Azrael
  • DarkphyreDarkphyre single-minded Joined: Posts: 1,585
    Ukio wrote: »
    At least bought the game (Now I must finish doom to get enough free space on the hdd to play it).
    Any mayor changes in bang mechanics since Chronophantasma? And Hakumen?

Bang lost 5A (or was it 5B) confirms or something in CF, idk I don't play Bang.
    Hakumen got a new counter that dashes forward.

Upcoming CF 2.0 changes for both characters:
    Bang wrote:
    - 6A: you can use it up to 2 times during a blockstring; 6A > 5B gatling added
    - 6C: now a Fatal Counter
    - 3C: floats less on CH; unable to emergency tech; hitbox increased upwards
    - D moves: prorate buffed
    - 5D: hitbox increased downwards
    - 2D: opponent floats the same height as normal hit on CH
    - Explosion during Drive: Bang doesn't jump as high after explosion; you can't move while descending but you land faster doesn't hit multiple times on block (only hits once now); fixed a bug where the sprite would last on screen
    - j.623B: inwards hitbox increased
    - Bumper: the bumper's scarf changes as you use its charges; it'll always set up a bumper on screen when used in the corner
    - j.22A: removed height limitation; can be used right after jumping
    - 236236D: able to grab opponents who've just started jumping/landing; less recovery on whiff (ground ver. only)
    Hakumen wrote:
    - Dash: inertia effect for moves when hopping has increased
    - 6A/6B: can be canceled into 632146C
    - j.C: only cancelable on hit; hitbox increased upwards
    - Drive: special cancelable when activated against projectiles
    - Drive: damage reduced, but now special cancelable
    - 5D: emergency untech time reduced
    - j.D: jump inertia won't be stopped anymore; landing recovery increased; now catches lows untech time decreased on successful counter; can use jump normals/specials when descending on successful counter your jumps reset (you can jump twice/airdash again)
    - Backthrow: follow-up time is universal for all characters
    - 236B: visual effect on 2nd hit changed (no changes to hitbox)
    - j.214C: guard crush time increased
    - 214D: hitbox will activate regardless of actually countering or not; on a successful counter the special you cancel into has invul, spends 2 magatama
    Steam/PSN: Shaniril
    SFxT: Juri, Asuka, Lili, Nina, Alisa
    BBCF: Izayoi, Es
    Koihime: Gakushin
    SFV: Fuck SFV.
    www.youtube.com/Darkphyre
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,182
    These Bullet changes look nice, might try her out.

Nine gets toned down a bit, but she should still be pretty strong. So I am fine.
  • grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Looking forward to trying out Jubei, testing Amane's drills, Bullet, Celica and Susanoo.
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
    GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.
    edited July 21
    What about Noel? Will the changes make her kinda playable again?
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
  • UkioUkio Old School Noob Joined: Posts: 199
    Tried it at least (deleted Killing Floor 2 :_( )
    There's any way to unlock Susanoo and others or you have to buy them?
    PSN: ShotgunSolutions CFN: Abogalypse

SFV: Ken, Alex, trying Zeku
    KoFXIV: Geese, Andy, Kula
    GG: I-No, Chipp
    BBCF: Bang, Azrael
    Ukio wrote: »
    Tried it at least (deleted Killing Floor 2 :_( )
    There's any way to unlock Susanoo and others or you have to buy them?

You have to beat story mode
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,729
    - When overdrive is being activated, the player is unaffected by outside

This change here sounds quite dumb imo
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,182
    Hecatom wrote: »

I don't even understand what it means.
    Neclord wrote: »
    Hecatom wrote: »

I don't even understand what it means.

It means that you cant be affected by outside forces. For example, tager cant pull you in during your overdrive startup.
  • javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,233
    Comment's on Izayoi? I'm suspecting SKD's planned to sandbag at EVO since the beginning and it paid out.
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,290
    javert wrote: »
    Comment's on Izayoi? I'm suspecting SKD's planned to sandbag at EVO since the beginning and it paid out.

Hard to imagine her not remaining high/top tier. Izanami looks like she'll stay pretty strong also potentially. Every other top tier got some pretty drastic nerfs so questionable how strong they will stay.

Nine could stay mid mid-high potentially but she's going to have some bad matchups now against the more dedicated zoning characters Lambda/Nu.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
    edited August 11
    Jubei will cost $7.99
    Release on Jap Consoles 31.08.17

"This patch is just for the PS3 and PS4 versions of BBCF, with Arc System Works stating that the PC patch will come sometime in the near future."
    http://shoryuken.com/2017/08/10/blazblue-central-fictions-jubei-dlc-will-launch-august-31st-in-japan/
  • GrieversGunbladeGrieversGunblade Joined: Posts: 331
    Will there be an English translation for that video?
    Ultra Street Fighter IV: Vega, Blanka, Decapre
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Dante, Zero, Wolverine
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,880
    What it sounded like is that the NA Console patch will come out the same day. Just...potentially way later in the same day because of like time zones and stuff.
  • FulgrateFulgrate Joined: Posts: 89
    edited August 15
    Really enjoying this game, it plays incredibly. Naoto is my new favorite character, managed to learn a few of his good combos. Did it on a PC gamepad since I've never owned a stick in my life.
    7Bcc8f5.gif

Another gif, but it came out psychedelic, basically the version of the combo that works on smaller characters, does about 3499.

http://imgur.com/c8qP4pW

Do any high level players use a gamepad or are all tournament winners stick players?

Naoto is such a boss, I hope they bring in Raquel as well, she would probably play like a faster, more melee oriented version of Rachel or a different style of zoning, with a similar wind based Drive, depleting meter differently, based on how long the drive button is held? Tons of possibilities. She's got a single sprite in-game already.
    WmcWAgU.png

• MylziletoMylzileto Joined: Posts: 25
    I believe I saw one at evo top 8 earlier this year, and the button configuration is definitely very pad friendly, so I don't imagine that top-level pad play is unheard of, even if it's rare. As for Raquel, I doubt she's getting in. 2.0 is coming this month, alongside Jubei, and with Cross Tag Battle coming next year, I don't think we're getting any more dlc fighters besides him. Plus, just having a sprite in the game doesn't do a character much good, especually when it's just of them sitting on someone's back.
    @Mylzileto Awesome, do you know what gamepad he was using? My biggest gripe with gamepad controllers is that the little plastic cross inside keeps breaking, and once it does, it becomes hard to do even DP inputs.

I see your point, speaking of new characters, I've seen people on other forums talking about somebody named Cajun being a DLC character next.
  • MylziletoMylzileto Joined: Posts: 25
    Couldn't tell, it was at a weird angle and I'm not terribly familiar with them, I usually just use what comes with the console. That said I've heard good things the stock ps4 pad, and I'm sure a bit of digging could find you something that's a bit more durable if that's what you're already using. I hear (but but have not tested, don't have it) that the specialized Pokken controller works on ps3 and pc.
    edited August 16
    I see. Anyways, I'm using a PC gamepad that happens to work on PS3, although I hear that BBCF tournaments are ran on PS4, so I'm trying to figure out what to do: get a PC to PS4 converter or just buy a new controller for PS4, even though I don't own the system. It's a cheap Tomec controller, but has the best dpad I've ever used, as well as being extremely lightweight.

If this had a 4 button face version, I would have gotten it, since I hear good stuff about it:
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAD2K5AU1955&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-PS4+Accessories-_-9SIAD2K5AU1955&gclid=CjwKCAjw2s_MBRA5EiwAmWIac6Zouda2lAJXOOrIG-ejh0_qBd2kxF8-s29SPgbh2Cbf5rDBIK8JJhoCy2EQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

There was even a Blazblue limited edition version of it:
    Bundle_thumbnail_1024x1024.jpg?resize=400%2C500
    Post edited by Fulgrate on
  • DarkphyreDarkphyre single-minded Joined: Posts: 1,585
    Fulgrate wrote: »
    I see. Anyways, I'm using a PC gamepad that happens to work on PS3, although I hear that BBCF tournaments are ran on PS4, so I'm trying to figure out what to do: get a PC to PS4 converter or just buy a new controller for PS4, even though I don't own the system. It's a cheap Tomec controller, but has the best dpad I've ever used, as well as being extremely lightweight.

If this had a 4 button face version, I would have gotten it, since I hear good stuff about it:
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAD2K5AU1955&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-PS4+Accessories-_-9SIAD2K5AU1955&gclid=CjwKCAjw2s_MBRA5EiwAmWIac6Zouda2lAJXOOrIG-ejh0_qBd2kxF8-s29SPgbh2Cbf5rDBIK8JJhoCy2EQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

There was even a Blazblue limited edition version of it:

Can vouch for the quality of the fighting commander pads, they're good stuff. As for the face buttons, not really sure why you'd be against having another L1/R1 option? Unless you've got giant hands I can't see them ever getting in the way or pressed accidently with the way the pad is designed...
    Steam/PSN: Shaniril
    SFxT: Juri, Asuka, Lili, Nina, Alisa
    BBCF: Izayoi, Es
    Koihime: Gakushin
    SFV: Fuck SFV.
    www.youtube.com/Darkphyre
    edited August 17
    Well, I'll give the only 6 faced buttoned gamepad I have a chance again, I just can't combo properly the last time I tried it. My index fingers handle the left and right triggers for instant grabs or the left which has a four button press mapped to it. That leaves the thumb for handling four buttons on its own, so with six face buttons, I keep hitting the R1 and R2 buttons with my thumb, as well as the fact that my thumb wouldn't be able to handle 6 buttons all at once by itself if I fully mapped it.

Anyways, I found the missingno level, anybody else seen this?
    isnt he out with the update for consoles already? no one with a first impression of the update?
    New Hibiki is fun as shit, does that count?
    I ended up getting this controller 3 weeks ago. The non-BB version of it though.

It turned out to be the best gamepad I've used. So far, the dpad hasn't broken yet like with previous controllers, and I'm able to input commands with a 100% rate(other controllers, due to the broken dpad, would only register commands at a rate of 30% to 60%, which would lead to a lot of losses.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,386
    LivewireX wrote: »

WTF did they do to Hibiki?
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    LivewireX wrote: »

WTF did they do to Hibiki?

Some of the things they did to him include:

- changing some properties of his j.D attacks
    - giving him an aerial version of his DP
    - letting him do j.214A out of 236A's leap thing
    - letting him do 236AB, 236AC, and 236AD in the air, with j.236AA becoming his j.214A instead of the knives
    - 236AC/j.236AC (Izuna drop) does more damage the higher up you are)

Letting him do his 236A series in the air is huge as it lets him do say j.236AB off of the first hit of 6C midscreen, or after j.6D in corner for example.

As well, it lets you do things such as "AA 2C>sj>j.B>j.C>jc>j.B>j.C>j.236AC" and the like, though some routes require using say 5C as well or instead.