Rising Thunder - FIGHTING ROBOTS

18910111214»

Comments

• AlexisdabombAlexisdabomb Joined: Posts: 2,528
    People still give a shit about this game?
    "I wish someone would flex in front of the camera and say I'm awesome....

;_; "

Dander.
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,700
    edited November 2015
    I care. Too bad not many people play it online in EU.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,532
    I used to until I realized it was SFIV with robots.
    The low execution barrier is great if you don't have a lot of time though.
    Even the difficult stuff has a reasonable amount of repetition requirements in order to get them down to muscle memory.

Uppercuts shouldn't be in that game though. Used to play Chel and even though I love to make people hate themselves with that character, I feel invincible uppercuts are way too fucking cheap in a game with 1 button specials.
    Playing Chel is like playing a Ryu with the defensive capabilities of a SFIV Zangief. It's fucking dumb.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,766 mod
    Have they optimized the game yet, or does it still chug at 720p and above on a 650?
    I used to until I realized it was SFIV with robots.

This is why I stopped playing. It makes me think that Seth Killian may be responsible for SFIV's shortcoming than I initially thought.
    I used to think that it was just the invul backdashes and FADCs, but it's definitely more than just that. Something about how the game moves and feels makes me think that the game was specifically designed to appeal to SFIV players.
    Uppercuts shouldn't be in that game though. Used to play Chel and even though I love to make people hate themselves with that character, I feel invincible uppercuts are way too fucking cheap in a game with 1 button specials.
    Gonna have to disagree with this. If your gameplan involves betting on the chance that your opponent will fail to do something (e.g. I'm gonna jump in/press buttons and bet that he'll drop the input to reversal), then there's something wrong with your gameplan.
  • AlexisdabombAlexisdabomb Joined: Posts: 2,528
    I think the only way to salvage the game is to:

Rip out all of the Street Fighter 4 shit. FADC, Breaker, back dash invincibility, slow walk speed, etc. Rip all of that out and tell Seth "No!" Just keep his ass out of the design process.

I don't know what you could do about the ground game because one button DP is extremely effective. It's like fighting the A.I. in ST it is rare to score a jump in against a character with a DP. If that's the direction they want to take then they better go the SF5 route and give every character a good move that bypasses fireballs.
    "I wish someone would flex in front of the camera and say I'm awesome....

;_; "

Dander.
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,227
    I think that's going a bit too far. My suggestion:
    • remove KA on block, make it on hit only
    • reduce or remove invincibility/armor on reversal specials.
    • add a glow effect indicating fireball invulnerable and throw invulnerable moves.

I agree on removing back dash invincibility.
    Yeah, there's no real point to having invul backdashes here. SFIV at least had the excuse that it was needed to deal with level 3 focus on wakeup.
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,330
    The reason for invincible backdashes is because the walkspeeds are so slow you can't get OUT of poke range without it. If the walk speeds didn't suck ass, you wouldn't need it. The game would operate like ST, you know, SF4's original concept.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    The reason for invincible backdashes is because the walkspeeds are so slow you can't get OUT of poke range without it. If the walk speeds didn't suck ass, you wouldn't need it. The game would operate like ST, you know, SF4's original concept.
    IIRC, it was already mentioned that they did add it because of unblockable level 3 focus on wakeup.
    d3v wrote: »
    IIRC, it was already mentioned that they did add it because of unblockable level 3 focus on wakeup.

But that's a completely asinine reason because any reversal special move becomes an armor breaker. If that's really why they did it, then Dimps is a worse developer than I thought since they already had a way to deal with that situation.

But that's a completely asinine reason because any reversal special move becomes an armor breaker. If that's really why they did it, then Dimps is a worse developer than I thought since they already had a way to deal with that situation.

Not everybody has a good reversal though and they're still in invulnerable. Hard knockdown in the game takes so long that it's possible to time a level 3 FA so that it'll, at worst, trade with a reversal.

In any case, proximity guard makes "walking out to get out of poke range" somewhat a non-issue since in some of the other SF games, especially the more buttonsy ones, you'd still get caught by proximity guard trying to walk out of some of the pokes in those games if you weren't walking back from the right ranges. In fact, they probably extended the range of the proximity in SFIV due to how invul backdash affected this (not that I agree with this, but there is some sort of twisted logic to it).
    edited November 2015

Not everybody has a good reversal though and they're still in invulnerable. Hard knockdown in the game takes so long that it's possible to time a level 3 FA so that it'll, at worst, trade with a reversal.

In any case, proximity guard makes "walking out to get out of poke range" somewhat a non-issue since in some of the other SF games, especially the more buttonsy ones, you'd still get caught by proximity guard trying to walk out of some of the pokes in those games if you weren't walking back from the right ranges. In fact, they probably extended the range of the proximity in SFIV due to how invul backdash affected this (not that I agree with this, but there is some sort of twisted logic to it).

But you don't need a good reversal to beat a focus attack, you just need it to HIT. Like, most things should beat meaty level 3 focus no problem, you just have to challenge it. And the idea with fast walkspeed is that you would be out of range BEFORE they push the button. That's kinda the point. You walk in to make them think they can push a button and then walk out when they try to react to that range and punish them for it. You can't do that in SF4 because you just simply can't move fast enough, so you need an invincible backdash to get you physically through the poke otherwise you could not challenge midrange buttons.

But you don't need a good reversal to beat a focus attack, you just need it to HIT. Like, most things should beat meaty level 3 focus no problem, you just have to challenge it. And the idea with fast walkspeed is that you would be out of range BEFORE they push the button. That's kinda the point. You walk in to make them think they can push a button and then walk out when they try to react to that range and punish them for it. You can't do that in SF4 because you just simply can't move fast enough, so you need an invincible backdash to get you physically through the poke otherwise you could not challenge midrange buttons.
    But that still happens mostly at long range, ranges you don't really see in SFIV due to the shorter hitboxes. All invul backdashes do is affect the game negatively from the ranges where walking out would still result in you blocking in the older games. It's part of where the game stops being Street Fighter and becomes "Option Select Fighter IV".
  • Omnicide_CutterOmnicide_Cutter Joined: Posts: 6
    RIP Rising Thunder
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,430 mod
    All three of its players are going to be devastated.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,227
    You guys are jerks :(
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    edited March 2016
    That's it? They show this game off and talk about it like it's going to be this big thing and then they just ditch it while it's in alpha?

If they don't even have faith in their creation then why should anyone else? They talk about how they're moving onto a new project, but they've shown they don't care about actually finishing their projects so who could possibly care?
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,315
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    That's it? They show this game off and talk about it like it's going to be this big thing and then they just ditch it while it's in alpha?

If they don't even have faith in their creation then why should anyone else? They talk about how they're moving onto a new project, but they've shown they don't care about actually finishing their projects so who could possibly care?

It got ditched because they got brought by Riot Games and they want them to develop a brand new game.
    http://shoryuken.com/2016/03/08/radiant-entertainment-joins-riot-games-rising-thunder-shutting-down/
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • MajormelisThereMajormelisThere no labels Joined: Posts: 497
    Honestly after it came out, no one really played it that much. It's whatever though.
    Skullgirls: Parasoul, Cerebella
    JOJO HFTF: Polnareff, Iggy, jotaro
    Umvc3: poor spider-man, poor ryu, ok sentinel
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    I thought Rising Thunder was going to be a revolution for fighting games, both with its removal of all execution barriers and true FtP system. Guess if the game itself isn't enticing, then other decisions concerning it won't really change much. I guess with Fightcade, GGPO...people can play many old fighting games on PC for free, so it kind of kills the appeal of Rising Thunder being free (despite being a new game).

If there weren't other free options, Rising Thunder could have maybe attracted a lot of people, FtP usually attracts a ton of people.

• Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,432
    edited March 2016
    Doesn't matter what you do, fighting games will never reach the masses. At least not with multiplayer only (sadly).
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
    One of the problems is after the announcement, there wasn't really any big promotional push for the game. Hard to attract a following if you don't get the word out.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,271
    Never did get a chance to play this...
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,070
    edited July 19
    Huge bump, but a request is needed.

There were specific files unused and held in the first few early versions of the game that might be useful, due to the future patch changes of encryption and removal of such items. There was content, including a training stage video with electronic-animated gridlines shown in the early versions.

Does anyone here happen to have the old versions of Rising Thunder, without performing any updates? (may need the help of those that couldn't get into Rising Thunder for this).
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • sfkingalphasfkingalpha Joined: Posts: 208
    I have the last build before it went down installed.. Possibly the one before that. Never uninstalled it despite the game being killed and thrown in the garbage by Riot.
    I know I'm drunk, and that is proof that I'm sober.
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 761
    I have the last build before it went down installed.. Possibly the one before that. Never uninstalled it despite the game being killed and thrown in the garbage by Riot.

Were there any more updates on that? I saw that tweet that Buktooth heard it was cancelled, but since then I haven't heard anything.
    It's nice to meet you, too.
  • Araragi-kunAraragi-kun Joined: Posts: 346
    Were there any more updates on that? I saw that tweet that Buktooth heard it was cancelled, but since then I haven't heard anything.

0. Riot making SMB modelswaps and fighting prototype screenshots (4:52) on their corporative creative "Thunderdome". They also shout out which fighting arcade cabinets thei have in new office.
    1. Riot buys Radiant.
    2. Almost a year after that Riots had a meeting with ARC system works.

You can speculate now.

• Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dumb question: Is this game playable at least offline/locally by any means?

Thx in advance
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 761

Thx in advance

Correct me if wrong but I'm pretty sure local multiplayer in this game required two PC's.
    It's nice to meet you, too.
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,070
    edited August 5

Thx in advance

Atm, no. Game's encrypted (at least the later version's files that's in an archive format "HTML5UI") to the point where attempting to get a local offline version of it isn't possible... yet.
    Post edited by AceKombat on
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    https://www.reddit.com/r/risingthunder/comments/6vei3f/i_dont_want_to_get_too_many_peoples_hopes_up_but/

Progress: Training mode is playable, and supposedly there is works on a private server.

Also, unused stage from a long while back that was in the very early builds, but couldn't get it in the past until a few weeks ago:

• PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,008 mod
    This is hilarious for a lot of reasons. Would be cool to finally play it though. My computer wasn't good enough during the first go around.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
18910111214»