Spam threads.

WhizardWhizard CFN: WhizardJoined: Posts: 472
edited July 2015 in Shoryuken.com Feedback
What are all of these spam threads appearing?

I haven't been to any of the websites but it's clogging up all of the whats new and it's kind of annoying.

I guess there's no way to stop it aside from blocking the profiles individually when they pop up? Has anyone been to any of the sites that have been spammed?

I think they are websites at least...
Post edited by Whizard on

Comments

• Geese PantsGeese Pants RIP Shatta........ Joined: Posts: 20,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • WhizardWhizard CFN: Whizard Joined: Posts: 472
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Super Coffee Fighter V Joined: Posts: 5,174 mod
    Hi.

Every once and a while, bots figure out a way through the registration systems of high volume forums. This is not something unique to us; even Blizzard has big bot problems on their forums before. This is one of those situations of weapons vs armor; sometimes one is stronger than the other. When the weapon is more powerful, heeeeeello spam.

At any rate, we're on invite only registration for the time being to try to deal with the recent influx of Korean bots. Sorry for the spam, we're doing our best to deal with it.

Thanks,
    a bot-killing mod
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
  • VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,829
    how do I get an invite or have someone invited?
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • MrWizardMrWizard Supreme Commander Joined: Posts: 22,133 admin
    every user has 5 invites, you can invite people via your profile page.
    Shoryuken.com
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants RIP Shatta........ Joined: Posts: 20,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/202565/shop-swimwear

I thought the invite only would stop spammers...............unless we got moles up in here.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • MrWizardMrWizard Supreme Commander Joined: Posts: 22,133 admin
    ive reopened it to the public.
    Shoryuken.com
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,398 mod
    Just don't reply to any of them, possibly alerting the botnet, and we should be fine.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    Just a quick semi-related FYI:

If you see a thread with a video posted from the NightshiftSurpeme channel, he's not a bot. He's some loser who is notorious for shit-posting and linking his dumbass videos on various forums.

In other words, feel free to give him "constructive comments" since you aren't alerting a bot net.
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • LightzLightz Bangkok Bastard Joined: Posts: 1,210
    Looks like the Korean Bots have returned...
    Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.
  • BurnYourEgoBurnYourEgo Ishikawa don't care about your weeabullshit avatar. Joined: Posts: 1,983
    I think they've evolved to where marking them as spam alerts them to activity. All hope is lost.
    Steam: BurnYourEgo: Terribly playing KOFXIII and Xrd, want to learn Skullgirls
    Fightcade:Bathtub_Leviathan: ST, maybe 3s
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,398 mod
    @MrWizard any chance we can lock the forum down to invite mode again?
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,829
    While you're at it Wiz, please help me out in the other thread regarding subscriptions. Thanks.
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,272
    Slightly different idea- can you disable or otherwise filter out posting thread titles with non-western alphabet characters?

Wouldn't stop every bot, but would knock down the current plague anyway.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm all about invite-only subs if it stops Korea from blasting us in the ass.
    This is offensive.
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Super Coffee Fighter V Joined: Posts: 5,174 mod
    We're coping with it the best we can for now. I'm sure there will be an update soon.

If you see a bot post, please don't respond to it. Using the spam tag is appropriate.
    Negro, I know how to deal with a bot thread. It's just tedious. Invite-only kept the fuckers at bay.
    This is offensive.
    Registration has been temporarily shut down.
    Who the hell are you?
    This is offensive.
    Why do you care?
    Because I'm lonely and need someone to talk to.
    This is offensive.