Fantasy Strike - easy to execute fighting game

Comments

• DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,704
    Tbqh this game looks pretty dope from a depth perspective.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Remy77077Remy77077 futility fighting Joined: Posts: 350
    tataki wrote: »

I just came here to post about that!

Free weekend this coming weekend, everyone should give it a try :D
    http://www.agoners.com My gaming website
  • LordxMugenLordxMugen FIGHTAN GAHMS!!! Joined: Posts: 552
    So Lum and Argagarg are the only "first series" characters we dont have yet? did Sirlin ever say when they would be available? I would totally love to play them both whenever they come. Then all it would leave us is the Shadows characters which are also on the way at a later date. I believe i remember talk of preliminary work being done on Sirus Quince and how his "Truth Mirror" ability would work in the game. look forward to seeing THAT. in the meantime, cant wait to play it.
    *silently waits for Darkstalkers 4*
  • doctorfedoradoctorfedora A Road in Kyoto Joined: Posts: 42
    Lum is in kind of a weird limbo state, because he's absolutely playable but looks SUPER janky because he has exactly zero non-placeholder animations or visual effects. The previous Patreon build had playable Lum (who plays like a crazy combination of Blanka and Faust), so presumably Lum's the next character to be added to the game if they're successful on Fig.
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,545
    I backed this on Fig. Game looks fun, hope they make the target.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,364
    So far everything seems interesting

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited July 28
    From an East Coaster to my fellow West Coast brothers and sisters, Id personally like to tell you guys this. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE level up to the Eastern Standard time. We are 3 hours ahead of you for a reason: We live in the future, therefore we are BETTER. So PLEASE accept our Timezone so that silly devs dont have to constantly handicap us future people for yall living in the past. and no, Im not saying this because i want to play the game NOW, Im simply saying it in the hopes youll stop living in a backwards timeline. thank you.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,762
    edited July 28
    Can you get into the game right now? It takes ages to connect to servers on PC.

edit: apparently there's an issue with the demo version. They're working on a fix atm
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)
    even just playing arcade with Geiger and Rook for half an hour this game is fire! and the computer puts up some good challenge too! Having a jump button didnt bother me all that much, but it does make button placement look kinda awkward on my arcade stick. Still, it took like no time to adjust and the only things i needed to know where the basic moves and then off i went. It really does make the game more about tactics than just "I know what BNBs to use at this particular moment in time" thats really what i like. Even Rising Thunder was still guilty of that despite wanting to lower the barrier to entry with specials (which have started to become intolerable BS as the genre has aged). It just feels fun to learn your character a bit, then get right into the mindgames and high level conditioning that is tantamount to proper tournament level fighting games. And BOY does it look SOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER than when they first showed it off too! anyways, im digging it and hopefully the server issue will be fixed and and i can body slam some people with a real rock man.
    I managed to play arcade and a couple quick matches. Game looks pretty gorgeous tbh, cell shading do all sorts of magic. It seems fun too despite being so simple.
    Last arcade boss is cheap AF though, damn.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,061
    Well I'm a fucking believer. Spent about 2-3 hours online and had a blast.
  • Remy77077Remy77077 futility fighting Joined: Posts: 350
    I managed to play arcade and a couple quick matches. Game looks pretty gorgeous tbh, cell shading do all sorts of magic. It seems fun too despite being so simple.
    Last arcade boss is cheap AF though, damn.

Glad you're liking it!
    And yeah "Boss Midori" with his cheaty extra health and Super regen is really annoying at times. You have to play extra extra careful to beat him. In older Patreon builds there was an unfinished "extra boss" you got if you got through Arcade without losing a round, and the amount of times I would get to Boss Midori and lose ONE darn round was crazy ... I still loved the challenge though :)
    http://www.agoners.com My gaming website
    Remy77077 wrote: »
    Glad you're liking it! And yeah "Boss Midori" with his cheaty extra health and Super regen is really annoying at times. You have to play extra extra careful to beat him. In older Patreon builds there was an unfinished "extra boss" you got if you got through Arcade without losing a round, and the amount of times I would get to Boss Midori and lose ONE darn round was crazy ... I still loved the challenge though :)

I can ONLY GUESS who that was. ;)

P.S. yes i know the FS/Yomi lore.

P.P.S. No one with a decent connection wants to fight my rockman a second time. :(
  • Spooty WhiteboySpooty Whiteboy I must break you! Joined: Posts: 2,774
    I've been playing for the past few hours. I've only played Geiger, and I am having fun. I wish he had a couple more basic attacks, but he is functional as-is. I keep messing up and trying walk-up flash kick, which is just not a thing. It's so hard for me to remember though, since specials are just a button press.
    Live Tag: Spootz
    PSN: SPTwhte

"There's a complicated answer to that question. You see, I think we could all know Batman in our hearts, if we just intensely and obsessively study all of his comics, tv shows, movies...and..
    No. I don't really know Batman." - Dr. McNinja
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,699
    I've been playing for the past few hours. I've only played Geiger, and I am having fun. I wish he had a couple more basic attacks, but he is functional as-is. I keep messing up and trying walk-up flash kick, which is just not a thing. It's so hard for me to remember though, since specials are just a button press.

After b+A you can hit confirm and link a C.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    edited July 29
    Yessss soon all the world will see why the folks who have played it have been so enthusiastic about this game

We shall be unstoppable

One of ussss one of usssss
  • Spooty WhiteboySpooty Whiteboy I must break you! Joined: Posts: 2,774
    tataki wrote: »
    After b+A you can hit confirm and link a C.
    For sure you can combo into flash kick, but I keep trying to walk forward and anti-air with it.
    On counter hit you can link neutral-A after b+A, then cancel it into a special move.
    Live Tag: Spootz
    PSN: SPTwhte

"There's a complicated answer to that question. You see, I think we could all know Batman in our hearts, if we just intensely and obsessively study all of his comics, tv shows, movies...and..
    No. I don't really know Batman." - Dr. McNinja
  • UlrikUlrik Joined: Posts: 28
    edited July 29
    They now have the mac build online, so if you've been waiting for that, now is the time!

Also, us windows users got a new build (which we have to d/l)

edit: links now updated on http://www.fantasystrike.com/freeweekend
    it plays better and is more balanced than whats currently on offer. he aint wrong about that.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,777 mod
    LordxMugen wrote: »
    it plays better and is more balanced than whats currently on offer. he aint wrong about that.

Sounds like the requirements for the best of all time

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

The game is fine but you're getting a little excited there lol.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,173
    edited July 29
    How do I play the demo with Arcade Stick?

Edit: Nevermind, got it
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Juri, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine

>>> My Top 10 Waifu list <<<
    I still can't find good opportunities to use Grave's supers, and when I look for opportunities I play worse. On the other hand neutral A without canceling is great and I should start applying it more. + on block and guarantees another nA on counter hit.
    Former account:
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,131
    edited July 29
    But yeah, if what people wanted is a return to the old ways of ST (obviously with more varied playing characters than ST had)

A return to the ways of Yie Ar Kung-fu maybe.
  • HadokingHadoking The ReoGeo Successor Joined: Posts: 1,278
    I'm having a bit of trouble trying to get the game to a reasonable frame rate. I've already put the graphics level on low and turn off V-sync. Any suggestions?
    Everyone can have an opinion, only yours doesn't matter.
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,173
    Wanted to cancel match search. Halfway through the cancel I get a match and join immediately.

HELLO GAME? CAN YOU ASK ME FIRST?
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Juri, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine

>>> My Top 10 Waifu list <<<
    Hadoking wrote: »
    I'm having a bit of trouble trying to get the game to a reasonable frame rate. I've already put the graphics level on low and turn off V-sync. Any suggestions?

What are your specs?
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,777 mod
    Neclord wrote: »
    Wanted to cancel match search. Halfway through the cancel I get a match and join immediately.

HELLO GAME? CAN YOU ASK ME FIRST?

It's a free beta. Give the steak man a chance.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,281
    Add that the game still is at alpha level of developement.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    “Unfinished game is Unfinished.”
    A work in progress guide for all characters. Currently has 5 out of 8 characters.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PpEna_htGHitwWtAxEpMI94rlnSWKBwnt7r4hmIANck/edit
    Former account:
  • kedawakedawa . Joined: Posts: 399
    edited July 30
    Game says it's out of date, and I have to pay $10 on patreon to get the update.
    Some open beta this turned out to be.
    kedawa wrote: »
    Game says it's out of date, and I have to pay $10 on patreon to get the update.
    Some open beta this turned out to be.

http://www.fantasystrike.com/freeweekend
    They changed the build to fix some issues and extended the free weekend. Try downloading again.
    Former account:
  • kedawakedawa . Joined: Posts: 399
    Bah. Link was out of date.
    Now the game runs, but doesn't respond to any of my controllers.
    edited July 30
    kedawa wrote: »
    Bah. Link was out of date.
    Now the game runs, but doesn't respond to any of my controllers.
    go to options, button config, click the right arrow on Combat Moves. should bring you to "Other Controls". click on controller setup button and off you go!