Omen of Sorrow, new fighting game for Windows and PlayStation 4

2»

Comments

• PurplePonyArcadePurplePonyArcade Pretentious Android Joined: Posts: 253
    I hope they make more development out of it. I feel it'll be something different than Darkstalkers.

It needs more development at all to be really appealing but I maintain high hopes for it. Well, as much as a cynic can muster.
    The world needs more folk metal
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,823 mod
    I hope they make more development out of it. I feel it'll be something different than Darkstalkers.
    From the gameplay alone, you can tell it's very different from Darkstalkers. The latter is a "grounded" anime game with mostly short chain combos and a heavy focus on oki. This game we have here feels closer to MK.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,417
    edited July 12
    The game will be playable at Evo this year
    http://gematsu.com/2017/07/classic-horror-inspired-fighting-game-omen-sorrow-playable-evo-2017

New vids

The size of the stage is insane. They didn't go to a corner once in that match.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,450
    This game am stink

Nono the gameplay. Worst fight I never heard of
    edited July 13
    Does this nigger Gabriel really have straight up exports of Captain Corridor and Burn Knuckle? Christ, it's like no one can do anything original anymore
  • AlegrettoAlegretto The King of Breakfast. Joined: Posts: 411
    The game will be playable at Evo this year
    http://gematsu.com/2017/07/classic-horror-inspired-fighting-game-omen-sorrow-playable-evo-2017

New vids

The size of the stage is insane. They didn't go to a corner once in that match.
    Huh. So it seems like it plays a lot different than I was expecting it to. Looking forward to trying it out.
    MBAA: C-Ryougi/H-Loa

;_; it's been so long since I've played MBAA
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Im a bit sad it will not have an XOne port. But oh well.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,104
    Huh.
    Looking at the stuff, reminds me of a funny mix between MK and Killer Instinct.
    Am going to be on the mild lookout on this. Really do need more fighting game IPs.

And if the stages are so wide... why not just get rid of the corners altogether and make a 2D plane infinite scrolling stage? Been a long time since we've had a 2D fighter that had such.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,160
    Overall the animations look jankier than MK (awkward poses, bad center of gravity, etc.). I watched the match footage in slowmo and found lots of weird instances of animations popping during transitions. I.E. the end of special moves, hurt states, etc. Hopefully, the game gets more animation polish.
    It looks like Gabriel's moves are heavily derived from Rock Howard of KOF. Is he a vampire though? I would have thought you would reference Dimitri from Vsav...
    The 3D models, textures, and environments look pretty great. It could use a bit more contrast between characters and environment. Maybe add some rim lighting to the characters to make them pop.
    Overall the gameplay looks pretty derivative of SF/KOF, doesn't look like my cup of tea.
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,073
    The main problem I see here is the physics. Characters seem to slide along the ground and if they were walking on ice, there's some really weird inertia going on everything. Hitstop is strange, sometimes looks as if it didn't have any and sometimes looks as if there was too much. Stun animations are wonky, fall trajectories are weird and sudden. Such long stages is not a good thing, reduces the odds of being corneres and with that a big part of screen positioning goes away. The guy with the burn knuckle keeps dashing for a long time for no reason when he's blocked.

Also there doesn't seem to be much contrast between the characters and the backgrounds, everything kind of mixes together. The developers should probably take a look at how other fighters deal with physics to improve the game.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,831 mod
    edited July 14
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    Does this banned Gabriel really have straight up exports of Captain Corridor and Burn Knuckle? Christ, it's like no one can do anything original anymore

I'm just quoting this so Preppy can body you extra hard.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • toddler316toddler316 Drunk Shit Hustler Joined: Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Russell Crowe: This is Tianamen Square. Lots of good fightin' has gone on here throughout the years.These China men can grow to over five feet tall, and in a fight, are known to kick with their legs.

As the infamous Bruce Lee said: "To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Im a bit sad it will not have an XOne port. But oh well.
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,031
    I see so many indie fighters with janky animations.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,837
    Pertho wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    Does this banned Gabriel really have straight up exports of Captain Corridor and Burn Knuckle? Christ, it's like no one can do anything original anymore

I'm just quoting this so Preppy can body you extra hard.

A black guy must of boned Josh's animated girlfriend or some shit.

Remind me to shit on his game any chance I get.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    edited July 14
    Oh no, I have once again been thoroughly shreked by the long arm of california justice, now my avatar is behind these bars that don't really do anything whatsoever and some guy is going to say mean thing about my game, I should have checked my White Privilege Even Though I'm Hispanic
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,837
    You wack as fuck josh. Go play in traffic
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    edited July 15
    then they gon have to bring da amber lamps
    Post edited by PSYCH0J0SH on
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,073

Good animation takes time and money. Indies tend to lack that so it's not surprising.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,104
    Cronopio wrote: »

Good animation takes time and money. Indies tend to lack that so it's not surprising.

Plus doing animations that look right in a fighting game is hard.
    You either make up a style and stick with it or try to do like most of the others and get it to look at least as visually appealing as possible.

The developers of MK and Injustice obviously goes with their own style, and look how often people do talk mess about how their animations look.
    And yet most other fighters that work off of the Japanese design, even if they're meh worthy (lol Street Fighter V), the animations are usually on-point.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,637
    I think that i am on the minority that doesn't really like the SFV animations.
    Don't get me wrong, they are well done for what they are trying to do, but imo they feel that they lack any real impact, they feel kind of weak imo.
    Plus aren't the most inspired thing out there.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
2»