• Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • BetaWolfBetaWolf Eternal Lurker Joined: Posts: 168
    Seven button sticks are going to be the next big thing. I'm calling it now.
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 898
    Edited main post with the information format used in two of my previous threads-
    PS3/PS4 Retail Arcade Sticks List with information/facts/photos/etc -IN PROGRESS-
    Hori Real Arcade Pro Thread for all versions (IN PROGRESS, COULD USE YOUR HELP AND INPUT) v2

As information is released, i'll update the main post. Once it's released and people do mods for it, i'll provide links/credit to those individuals worklog/documentation/photos etc
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,855
    BetaWolf wrote: »

Vewlix-L layout
    maxresdefault.jpg

• General_AwesomoGeneral_Awesomo "Hyouh!" Joined: Posts: 370

That's the Sega Astro player 2 layout. The layout more commonly used by retail sticks is the player 1 layout.

sega1_m.png

The only retail stick that ever had the Astro P2 layout was the Sega Dreamcast Agetec "Green Goblin." That and that Dragoncast stick that was talked about recently here.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/202227/dreamcast-dragoncast-fight-stick

I WISH the Astro P2 layout was more out there.
    Tensho wrote: »
    BetaWolf wrote: »

Vewlix-L layout

I always wondered, what was the purpose of the seventh button? Was it to replicate the NEO-GEO layout on the top row?
    GT: GeneraI Awesomo USFIV Main: Vega
    PSN: General_Awesomo UMvC3 Team: Zero (β) / Taskmaster (α) / Vergil (γ)
    Indeed
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 898
    That's the Sega Astro player 2 layout. The layout more commonly used by retail sticks is the player 1 layout.

I just pulled the info real quick and probably should have paid more attention on which player I posted. Good looking out.
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • jigglypurinjigglypurin official pinkorb princess Joined: Posts: 25
    i kinda like it. if it's inexpensive like the SE was, I might pick one up, have it as a spare.
    hey im tia. open for fightstick commissions if you're interested. psn: jigglypurin
  • xpulsexpulse Ice Ice Baby... Joined: Posts: 372
    If those are 30mm (Sanwa) buttons and a Sanwa joystick, then this could be a pretty nice budget entry stick and even a nice "to go" stick for enthusiasts. IF it indeed is 30mm, yes it's a rather small case. However, I would love to see someone like Art/Tek-Innovations and/or other case makers come up with something where you can simply drop the whole thing into a slightly larger "shell". No need to strip out the parts, just simply "extend" the current housing a bit. Heck, Madcatz could possibly make an official variant. So long as it sits secure inside the extension (doesn't shift, won't break, etc.), I could see people "upgrading" to more surface area. Kind of wish someone had done the same for the SE line.
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when it gets struck by lightning?"
  • pzlatepzlate When's Breakers Joined: Posts: 925
    seeing as it's probably going to be a budget stick, I wouldn't expect it to have Sanwa parts.
  • triple_leitriple_lei Fan of green-mouthed Zangief Joined: Posts: 98
    xpulse wrote: »
    If those are 30mm (Sanwa) buttons and a Sanwa joystick, then this could be a pretty nice budget entry stick and even a nice "to go" stick for enthusiasts. IF it indeed is 30mm, yes it's a rather small case. However, I would love to see someone like Art/Tek-Innovations and/or other case makers come up with something where you can simply drop the whole thing into a slightly larger "shell". No need to strip out the parts, just simply "extend" the current housing a bit. Heck, Madcatz could possibly make an official variant. So long as it sits secure inside the extension (doesn't shift, won't break, etc.), I could see people "upgrading" to more surface area. Kind of wish someone had done the same for the SE line.

I wanted something like that too, but for Hori's non-HRAP sticks. I have a Command Stick PS from the PS1 days and the shell looks exactly like their more recent Wii stick.

The big issue here is clearance for your more popular levers. A JLF would scrape bottom metal plate. A larger drop-in shell would get rid of that problem too, I'd say.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,319
    Hopefully modifying this to accept a quality lever isn't as much work as it is on a Namco.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • MegasizerMegasizer Joined: Posts: 144
    Looks great for people with dexterity problems..
    SFV - Ryu, Vega, Juri.
    Learning Bison, Guile, Laura and Dhalsim

MAYFLASH V2 User
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,390
    Look super-compact, and yet it looks like it takes 30mm buttons (at least), and probably some odd lever or other.

As someone who's spent probably WAY too much time to mod the crap out of mini-sticks (Exar Exaprize and Intec Combat stick), I'd probably get this (and mod it) just to follow that personal trend.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,623
    As someone who's spent probably WAY too much time to mod the crap out of mini-sticks (Exar Exaprize and Intec Combat stick), I'd probably get this (and mod it) just to follow that personal trend.

ive modded 666 EX2's. i think this one will be a piece of cake parts swap,
  • trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 315
    d3v wrote: »
    gahrling wrote: »
    Not convinced about the top panel - it looks like it would be uncomfortable for the wrist.
    Actually, I think the angled corners are there so you have a place to rest your wrists.

Yea, you would have to position your hand in such a way that your wrist must fall on that slant. I tried out a TE like a month ago, and that thing is an absolute wrist haven compared to my old Arcade in a Box stick and clones (but I don't use those on my lap, so it doesn't bother me). Carried the same TE by my wood guy to make an exact replica out of heavy Teak wood, but he hasn't made any progress yet. I can't wait for that to be done.

"Foolish Worm"
    Sharp corner on the front looks super uncomfortable for people that don't play with wide out elbows
  • buyproductbuyproduct Chemist for Hire Joined: Posts: 1,035
    That doesn't look like it would be comfortable for lap play. But the TE 2 is big by normal standards so maybe its not as small as it looks in the pic.
    "weekly 8 on the break tournaments >>> cali majors " skyet
    "Lol, the break is pretty serious when the real players show up, because everyone is a killer! " Dr. Chaos
    8 on the Break weekly thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=194801
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,390
    Wow, looks even smaller than the Exar Exaprize or Intec Combat stick, who were both almost painfully small to begin with.

I want this stick now. :)
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • ZephryseZephryse "Triumph or die!" Joined: Posts: 563

You'll be able to mod it at least. Hopefully it's fairly easy to do.
    CFN: waltzfatali-
    SFV: Bison
  • triple_leitriple_lei Fan of green-mouthed Zangief Joined: Posts: 98
    edited September 2015
    So, which thigh will we be balancing this stick on? I think I'm a right-thigh player.

(Buttons still look Duplo-big to me...)
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,097 mod
    Sharp corner on the front looks super uncomfortable for people that don't play with wide out elbows
    With as small as it is. You'll probably be playing with elbows out, unless you're a fan of carpal tunnel syndrome.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• buyproductbuyproduct Chemist for Hire Joined: Posts: 1,035
    edited September 2015
    The button layout looks altered. Like they raised the jab and short buttons slightly higher so it slightly more "American" in layout. Look at the space between jab and forward. If is not an altered layout, maybe they are using smaller buttons (28 mm).
    Post edited by buyproduct on
    "weekly 8 on the break tournaments >>> cali majors " skyet
    "Lol, the break is pretty serious when the real players show up, because everyone is a killer! " Dr. Chaos
    8 on the Break weekly thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=194801
  • UsinodaUsinoda Joined: Posts: 25
    edited September 2015
    The buttons aren't further from each other it's just an close up shot of a small a stick

madcatzfightstickalpha.png

MCB89480_MCZ_TE2_PS4_002_lg.jpg

Yeah, you must be blind as a bat guy. The buttons are clearly further apart by width. How close the shot is has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

• appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,208
    Usinoda wrote: »
    The buttons aren't further from each other it's just an close up shot of a small a stick

madcatzfightstickalpha.png

MCB89480_MCZ_TE2_PS4_002_lg.jpg

Yeah, you must be blind as a bat guy. The buttons are clearly further apart by width. How close the shot is has absolutely nothing to do with anything.
    C-Sword wrote: »
    COZrk9hW8AE070T.jpg

So small

take a look at the image c-sword posted.
    the first lp,lk buttons seems to be more far away but the m and h buttons have the
    same spacing as the madcatz te stick. and even the light buttons might have the same
    spacing but look different due to the camera angel and lens distortion.

edited September 2015

How is this relevant or positive to the conversation as a whole. Okay there may be a few extra mm gap between LP/LK and MP/MK, which is different than the STANDARD LAYOUTS that all companies have used for years.
    Why is it necessary to call someone "blind as a bat" and how does that provide quality input?

I've told you once to get the fuck out of this thread as I (and everyone else) is sick of you trying to stir up bullshit. Even moderator @d3v told you to "chill the fuck out". This is a sign.

Now...... follow my advice and GTFO.

Back to positive & productive conversation! :-)
  • MonkeyGovernorMonkeyGovernor Joined: Posts: 169
    I just hope this is cheap and easy to padhack into another case. Keepin those fingers crossed.
  • NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 762
    edited September 2015
    I just hope this is cheap and easy to padhack into another case. Keepin those fingers crossed.

A budget stick, sure, but still a stick. It would have to retail for $40 or less to beat out other options, like the commander or the dual shock 4. Just going by the picture, it looks cheap enough, but I don't know that either this or the Pad Pro will be priced in such a way as to be effective padhack fodder. Smaller size in accessories tends to be marketed as a feature, rather than a budget factor.
    Steam ID: NoChart

Well, as long as you like 6-button layouts. Not sure that PCB will have circuits for the two missing buttons.
    edited September 2015
    It's not missing buttons, the L1 L2 are the square buttons on the top and will have circuits
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,862
    Why you even need the 2 extra buttons?
    Very few if any fighter ever use 8 buttons.
    Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.
  • headmasterritualheadmasterritual Joined: Posts: 152
    pretty handy for record/replay settings in training room in several games
    It's not missing buttons, the L1 L2 are the square buttons on the top and will have circuits
    Hah! I didn't even notice those this whole time!
    Darksakul wrote: »
    I think it might be best not to go there in this thread anymore...
    edited September 2015

How is this relevant or positive to the conversation as a whole. Okay there may be a few extra mm gap between LP/LK and MP/MK, which is different than the STANDARD LAYOUTS that all companies have used for years.

Okay then, my point proven. You're the one who whipped out the "know it all" condescending attitude act in the first place; Your actions are in vain. You started with the malicious comments instead of being mature about the matter.

This has nothing to do with "chilling the fuck out" or whatever that means being that i wasn't hyped up in the first place. I'm simply defending my reasonably coherent point and now you're eating your words.

I called him "blind as a bat" for a reason, because it's clearly relevant. He failed to see the difference in the button spacing, obviously.
    NoChart wrote: »

A budget stick, sure, but still a stick. It would have to retail for $40 or less to beat out other options, like the commander or the dual shock 4. Just going by the picture, it looks cheap enough, but I don't know that either this or the Pad Pro will be priced in such a way as to be effective padhack fodder. Smaller size in accessories tends to be marketed as a feature, rather than a budget factor.

I would say 60-80$

Darksakul wrote: »

Why do most pro sticks contain 8 buttons then? Even the Qanba Q1 budget stick has 8. I'm a man of extra features, you'll never know when they will come in handy down the line whether it's setting macros to recording.

d3v wrote: »

http://www.frankcastleaz.com/images/tt/madcatzfightstickalpha.png

There are ways to handle a disagreement without throwing a hissy fit and acting like an idiot.

The use of the phrase "hissy fit" is skewed to hell here.

Why do most pro sticks contain 8 buttons then? Even the Qanba Q1 budget stick has 8. I'm a man of extra features, you'll never know when they will come in handy down the line whether it's setting macros to recording.

Because it's more convenient selling one layout that caters to everyone than bothering to make 6 button 8 button etc, don't like 8? then put 2 button plugs or just disable it, do like 8 then there you go.
    Arcade sticks are a niche market and they won't bother putting out the same stick with different layouts and most will always have 8 buttons to get the most sales from it, if people like 8 they won't be bothered to buy so and so stick that only comes with 6, if someone likes 6 they will not use the extra in the game or use it for the macros or get rid of them altogether to keep it like the arcades, or like Hori sticks use the L3 R3 that Mad Catz doesn't have which I use for macros with my 6 button layout.
    Also sometimes if a layout is requested and popular enough they might sell a metal panel/plexi like Mad Catz did with the TE2 Noir layout.
    edited September 2015

Because it's more convenient selling one layout that caters to everyone than bothering to make 6 button 8 button etc, don't like 8? then put 2 button plugs or just disable it, do like 8 then there you go.

That was a rhetorical question dude. But stop right there! My point proven exactly, and i quote:
    Even if you don't use them, its always nice to have those extra two buttons for whatever reason. If you don't use the extra two, then set them to no function. Simple as that.

Why is everything I said previously being disregarded? We're going in circles here.

EDIT: I'm sensing salty acquiesce.

8491.jpg
    Post edited by Usinoda on
    edited September 2015
    Why is everything I said previously being disregarded? We're going in circles here.
    People are disregarding what you're spouting because you don't have a goddamn clue what you're talking about and are now just generally shitting up the thread. You've added nothing of value to this topic. You've been obnoxious and combative and I for one would appreciate it if you'd kindly fuck off.

>Extreme vagueness, and the hypocrisy couldn't be any stronger.

But i won't elaborate(your key trait here), simply because i'm now labeled as some "shitposter" because I didn't realize something was an inside joke.... Because it was solely an "inside joke".

EDIT: Oh, and did I mention your blatantly impish condescending attitude? You oldposters are ass backwards. Again, I'm now sensing an insufferable amount of salty acquiesce.
  • Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 4,809
    People are disregarding what you're spouting because you don't have a goddamn clue what you're talking about and are now just generally shitting up the thread. You've added nothing of value to this topic. You've been obnoxious and combative and I for one would appreciate it if you'd kindly fuck off.

>Extreme vagueness, and the hypocrisy couldn't be any stronger.

But i won't elaborate(your key trait here), simply because i'm now labeled as some "shitposter" because I didn't realize something was an inside joke.... Because it was solely an "inside joke".

EDIT: Oh, and did I mention your blatantly impish condescending attitude? You oldposters are ass backwards.

Incorrect. You are a shitposter for every single comment you made after having the inside joke explained by to you by multiple people some of whom where even kind enough to use visual aids. Uninformed + combative = shitposter. That said, if you'd kindly explain what you found to be vague about what I was saying I'm all ears.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,097 mod
    edited September 2015
    Quit it!

You've already been jailed, which should have been warning enough. Why you continue to throw a hissy fit because of an inside joke (emphasis on joke) just tells us that you aren't capable of any sort of mature conversation on this board.

EDIT:
    And in case you can't read any PMs.
    Because that initial exchange was fine. If you've been around long enough, you'd note that we mods are usually fine with a bit of disagreement. The moment you took it beyond that however, and continued to act like you did after the joke was explained was where you started to cross the line.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 4,809
    *ahem* So back on topic (at least before Usinoda proves he can't drop this matter and re-registers to keep up the shitposting -_- ), I don't suppose we have any side views of this stick to go with the top and bottom shots?
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 315
    One thing that's nice about the stick is the colour scheme. Looks classy
    "Foolish Worm"
  • PlayDoh003PlayDoh003 Joined: Posts: 583
    The top-down view of all the photos make it kind of hard to tell, and the tapered edges don't help either viewing from that angle, but does anyone think it's tall enough to fit a JLF or LS-32 in there?

If MarkMan says it's moddable, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it is, even if it might be a tight fit. I'll also bet that it'll use budget parts to keep the cost (the price of a DS4 maybe?) down. We may very well be looking at the SE for this generation. :)

I'm just a little confused by the color selection of the buttons? Maybe MarkMan threw a pair of Sanwas in there to prove his point? ;)
    It would be a really bad move if it couldn't even fit a JLF out of all levers, maybe it might even come with one and Sanwa buttons in order for them to raise the price. TE2 $200, last gen TE-S+ $150 and 'budget' Alpha stick with full Sanwa around $100 B)
    If it came with no brand buttons and stick and sold for $60-70 and used QD's that would be great to swap into a case of your choice without having to padhack much.