Madcatz Street Fighter V Fightstick Alpha

245678

Comments

  • UsinodaUsinoda Joined: Posts: 25
    edited September 2015
    Usinoda wrote: »
    Well you can obviously observe my profile and tell that I don't use these fourms that often, all it takes is a quick click bud. Also, how the f*ck would I know if it's a joke if it's "within" the "SRK TT community". Oh gee I totally would of guessed that first try. You're basically hoping on my ass over an inside joke, that's how dumb this is.

    @Usinoda you need to chill the hell out bro. Just because someone posts something informative that seems to disagree with what you say doesn't mean you need to get defensive and take it personally like it's some type of attempted attack.
    If I make an OPINION that happens to be an inside joke, EVEN IF YOU DON'T KNOW IT'S A JOKE, there's still no reason for you to give me attitude over because you disagree.

    I'm not taking things personal, now you're blowing things out of proportion. My point is that 8 buttons is the most optimal hands down regardless if it was a joke or not. Also nice way of dealing with my "attitude" by combating me with attitude(a condescending one at that, which just files the fire), and assuming that I'm actually mad or hyped up therefore I need to "chill out".

    Secondly, where's the source where MadCatz and others actually state that the buttons NEEDS to be that far apart? From what I see that's technically just their preference that they've established. Despite them being the quintessential stick manufacturers. I've seen stick with various button lengths. The fact that the Alpha stick in the picture has a wider button spread, and the fact that you said " almost" all sticks proves me right.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,884
    edited September 2015
    The buttons aren't further from each other it's just an close up shot of a small a stick, look at your current stick next to the photo close enough where the buttons are the same size and you'll see they are same width apart from each other. Also Mad Catz Hori and other companies use Noir, Vewlix etc layouts and yes they are all standard layouts, squishing more buttons on this tiny stick would be much too cramped and leave problems if you ever wanted to use screw-in buttons and probably uncomfortable.

    Also 8 buttons aren't optimal, they are preference, one isn't better than the other. Many top players use a mix of 1 to 5 fingers on the most popular fighting games and many use 6 buttons because they are used to training the in arcades where 8 buttons doesn't exist and using the 2 extra buttons wouldn't give them a game play advantage.

    I wish my local tournaments were that hype lol
  • UsinodaUsinoda Joined: Posts: 25
    Usinoda wrote: »
    Well you can obviously observe my profile and tell that I don't use these fourms that often, all it takes is a quick click bud. Also, how the f*ck would I know if it's a joke if it's "within" the "SRK TT community". Oh gee I totally would of guessed that first try. You're basically hoping on my ass over an inside joke, that's how dumb this is.

    EDIT - Usinoda hit that "Disagree" button, as if anything I stated above wasn't fact. LOL! The new blood knows it all.

    Yeah champ. I hit the disagree button because I did not agree with your first paragraph. Oh wow a person decided to actually share how he feels about the matter... Hey bud keep blowing things out of proportion drama queen.

  • UsinodaUsinoda Joined: Posts: 25
    Tensho wrote: »
    The buttons aren't further from each other it's just an close up shot of a small a stick, look at your current stick next to the photo close enough where the buttons are the same size and you'll see they are same width apart from each other. Also Mad Catz Hori and other companies use Noir, Vewlix etc layouts and yes they are all standard layouts, squishing more buttons on this tiny stick would be much too cramped and leave problems if you ever wanted to use screw-in buttons and probably uncomfortable.

    Also 8 buttons aren't optimal, they are preference, one isn't better than the other. Many top players use a mix of 1 to 5 fingers on the most popular fighting games and many use 6 buttons because they are used to training the in arcades where 8 buttons doesn't exist and using the 2 extra buttons wouldn't give them a game play advantage.

    I wish my local tournaments were that hype lol

    Hm.. Then where are the 2 button te2's at? Exactly. The extra 2 buttons are very optimal for competive use and while you're in the lab. Even if you don't use them, its always nice to have those extra two buttons for whatever reason. If you don't use the extra two, then set them to no function. Simple as that.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,884
    edited September 2015
    Exactly, optional not optimal thanks for agreeing. No clue what you meant by 2 button TE2's though, would be pretty dumb for a company to make a 2 button stick when games use 4-6 buttons(And junk weird games like that robot beta one uses 8) Like I said many top players Do Not use 8 buttons other than for training to use as a dummy recorder/play back.

  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    edited September 2015
    lol also 2 double posts in 3 hours in same thread

    facepalm0atk.gif
    FVoNaeV.gif

    I feel like I should remake the thread now since the first page has so much garbage on it. :-/

    @d3v what's your opinion? Just let it go and chalk it up to the usual new blood talking out their ass?
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • UsinodaUsinoda Joined: Posts: 25
    edited September 2015
    Tensho wrote: »
    Exactly, optional not optimal thanks for agreeing. No clue what you meant by 2 button TE2's though, would be pretty dumb for a company to make a 2 button stick when games use 4-6 buttons(And junk weird games like that robot beta one uses 8) Like I said many top players Do Not use 8 buttons other than for training to use as a dummy recorder/play back.

    Sorry that was a typo obviously you condescending idiot. I meant where are the 6 button te2's you tool. Also i never proved your point right at all, i'm saying that even if you don't use 8 buttons you should still consider getting 8 button sticks just in case the time comes around; Who knows, maybe you'll find use for those 2 buttons along the lines.
    NENDO wrote: »
    Usinoda wrote: »

    Yeah champ. I hit the disagree button because I did not agree with your first paragraph. Oh wow a person decided to actually share how he feels about the matter... Hey bud keep blowing things out of proportion drama queen.

    You're an idiot. In case you misunderstand, THAT was a popoff.

    You're an idiot actually. In case you *misunderstood* I stated that he's "trying" to popoff on me. I never said that he actually was

    EDIT: Conclusion, this thread is filled with condescending pricks.
    Post edited by Usinoda on
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,990
    Yo dat new fight pad tho... I might pick one up for myself
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

    Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • BetaWolfBetaWolf Eternal Lurker Joined: Posts: 168
    Seven button sticks are going to be the next big thing. I'm calling it now.
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    Edited main post with the information format used in two of my previous threads-
    PS3/PS4 Retail Arcade Sticks List with information/facts/photos/etc -IN PROGRESS-
    Hori Real Arcade Pro Thread for all versions (IN PROGRESS, COULD USE YOUR HELP AND INPUT) v2


    As information is released, i'll update the main post. Once it's released and people do mods for it, i'll provide links/credit to those individuals worklog/documentation/photos etc
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,884
    BetaWolf wrote: »
    Seven button sticks are going to be the next big thing. I'm calling it now.

    Vewlix-L layout
    maxresdefault.jpg

  • General_AwesomoGeneral_Awesomo "Hyouh!" Joined: Posts: 372

    That's the Sega Astro player 2 layout. The layout more commonly used by retail sticks is the player 1 layout.

    sega1_m.png

    The only retail stick that ever had the Astro P2 layout was the Sega Dreamcast Agetec "Green Goblin." That and that Dragoncast stick that was talked about recently here.

    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/202227/dreamcast-dragoncast-fight-stick

    I WISH the Astro P2 layout was more out there.
    Tensho wrote: »
    BetaWolf wrote: »
    Seven button sticks are going to be the next big thing. I'm calling it now.

    Vewlix-L layout

    I always wondered, what was the purpose of the seventh button? Was it to replicate the NEO-GEO layout on the top row?
    GT: GeneraI Awesomo USFIV Main: Vega
    PSN: General_Awesomo UMvC3 Team: Zero (β) / Taskmaster (α) / Vergil (γ)
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,884
    Indeed
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    That's the Sega Astro player 2 layout. The layout more commonly used by retail sticks is the player 1 layout.

    I just pulled the info real quick and probably should have paid more attention on which player I posted. Good looking out.
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • jigglypurinjigglypurin official pinkorb princess Joined: Posts: 26
    i kinda like it. if it's inexpensive like the SE was, I might pick one up, have it as a spare.
    hey im tia. open for fightstick commissions if you're interested. psn: jigglypurin
  • xpulsexpulse Ice Ice Baby... Joined: Posts: 372
    If those are 30mm (Sanwa) buttons and a Sanwa joystick, then this could be a pretty nice budget entry stick and even a nice "to go" stick for enthusiasts. IF it indeed is 30mm, yes it's a rather small case. However, I would love to see someone like Art/Tek-Innovations and/or other case makers come up with something where you can simply drop the whole thing into a slightly larger "shell". No need to strip out the parts, just simply "extend" the current housing a bit. Heck, Madcatz could possibly make an official variant. So long as it sits secure inside the extension (doesn't shift, won't break, etc.), I could see people "upgrading" to more surface area. Kind of wish someone had done the same for the SE line.
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when it gets struck by lightning?"
  • pzlatepzlate When's Breakers Joined: Posts: 928
    seeing as it's probably going to be a budget stick, I wouldn't expect it to have Sanwa parts.
  • triple_leitriple_lei Fan of green-mouthed Zangief Joined: Posts: 104
    xpulse wrote: »
    If those are 30mm (Sanwa) buttons and a Sanwa joystick, then this could be a pretty nice budget entry stick and even a nice "to go" stick for enthusiasts. IF it indeed is 30mm, yes it's a rather small case. However, I would love to see someone like Art/Tek-Innovations and/or other case makers come up with something where you can simply drop the whole thing into a slightly larger "shell". No need to strip out the parts, just simply "extend" the current housing a bit. Heck, Madcatz could possibly make an official variant. So long as it sits secure inside the extension (doesn't shift, won't break, etc.), I could see people "upgrading" to more surface area. Kind of wish someone had done the same for the SE line.

    I wanted something like that too, but for Hori's non-HRAP sticks. I have a Command Stick PS from the PS1 days and the shell looks exactly like their more recent Wii stick.

    The big issue here is clearance for your more popular levers. A JLF would scrape bottom metal plate. A larger drop-in shell would get rid of that problem too, I'd say.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,471
    Hopefully modifying this to accept a quality lever isn't as much work as it is on a Namco.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • MegasizerMegasizer Joined: Posts: 147
    Looks great for people with dexterity problems..
    SFV - no main.

    MAYFLASH V2 User
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,528
    Look super-compact, and yet it looks like it takes 30mm buttons (at least), and probably some odd lever or other.

    As someone who's spent probably WAY too much time to mod the crap out of mini-sticks (Exar Exaprize and Intec Combat stick), I'd probably get this (and mod it) just to follow that personal trend.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

    Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,649
    As someone who's spent probably WAY too much time to mod the crap out of mini-sticks (Exar Exaprize and Intec Combat stick), I'd probably get this (and mod it) just to follow that personal trend.


    ive modded 666 EX2's. i think this one will be a piece of cake parts swap,
  • trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 326
    d3v wrote: »
    gahrling wrote: »
    Not convinced about the top panel - it looks like it would be uncomfortable for the wrist.
    Actually, I think the angled corners are there so you have a place to rest your wrists.


    Yea, you would have to position your hand in such a way that your wrist must fall on that slant. I tried out a TE like a month ago, and that thing is an absolute wrist haven compared to my old Arcade in a Box stick and clones (but I don't use those on my lap, so it doesn't bother me). Carried the same TE by my wood guy to make an exact replica out of heavy Teak wood, but he hasn't made any progress yet. I can't wait for that to be done.


    "Foolish Worm"
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,884
    Sharp corner on the front looks super uncomfortable for people that don't play with wide out elbows
  • buyproductbuyproduct Chemist for Hire Joined: Posts: 1,035
    That doesn't look like it would be comfortable for lap play. But the TE 2 is big by normal standards so maybe its not as small as it looks in the pic.
    "weekly 8 on the break tournaments >>> cali majors " skyet
    "Lol, the break is pretty serious when the real players show up, because everyone is a killer! " Dr. Chaos
    8 on the Break weekly thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=194801
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,528
    Wow, looks even smaller than the Exar Exaprize or Intec Combat stick, who were both almost painfully small to begin with.

    I want this stick now. :)
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

    Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • ZephryseZephryse "Triumph or die!" Joined: Posts: 563


    You'll be able to mod it at least. Hopefully it's fairly easy to do.
    CFN: waltzfatali-
    SFV: Bison
  • triple_leitriple_lei Fan of green-mouthed Zangief Joined: Posts: 104
    edited September 2015
    So, which thigh will we be balancing this stick on? I think I'm a right-thigh player.

    (Buttons still look Duplo-big to me...)
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,117 mod
    Tensho wrote: »
    Sharp corner on the front looks super uncomfortable for people that don't play with wide out elbows
    With as small as it is. You'll probably be playing with elbows out, unless you're a fan of carpal tunnel syndrome.
  • buyproductbuyproduct Chemist for Hire Joined: Posts: 1,035
    edited September 2015
    The button layout looks altered. Like they raised the jab and short buttons slightly higher so it slightly more "American" in layout. Look at the space between jab and forward. If is not an altered layout, maybe they are using smaller buttons (28 mm).
    Post edited by buyproduct on
    "weekly 8 on the break tournaments >>> cali majors " skyet
    "Lol, the break is pretty serious when the real players show up, because everyone is a killer! " Dr. Chaos
    8 on the Break weekly thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=194801
  • UsinodaUsinoda Joined: Posts: 25
    edited September 2015
    Tensho wrote: »
    The buttons aren't further from each other it's just an close up shot of a small a stick

    madcatzfightstickalpha.png

    ...

    MCB89480_MCZ_TE2_PS4_002_lg.jpg

    Yeah, you must be blind as a bat guy. The buttons are clearly further apart by width. How close the shot is has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

  • appoappo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 4,772
    Usinoda wrote: »
    Tensho wrote: »
    The buttons aren't further from each other it's just an close up shot of a small a stick

    madcatzfightstickalpha.png

    ...

    MCB89480_MCZ_TE2_PS4_002_lg.jpg

    Yeah, you must be blind as a bat guy. The buttons are clearly further apart by width. How close the shot is has absolutely nothing to do with anything.
    C-Sword wrote: »
    COZrk9hW8AE070T.jpg

    So small

    take a look at the image c-sword posted.
    the first lp,lk buttons seems to be more far away but the m and h buttons have the
    same spacing as the madcatz te stick. and even the light buttons might have the same
    spacing but look different due to the camera angel and lens distortion.

Sign In or Register to comment.