• NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,346
    6 buttons is Doge, 8 buttons is Cate
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,602
    NENDO wrote: »
    6 buttons is Doge, 8 buttons is Cate

*points to your signature*
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    buuduh wrote: »
    Will this stick come with sanwa parts in it already at that price point?

No.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,808 mod
    Really like this idea. I always have preferred smaller arcade sticks. Like a smaller Namco/Dreamcast Green Goblin stick. The stick I used for 3rd Strike was a custom wooden case Sanwa parts stick that was maybe only slightly larger than this stick. Just doesn't seem as easy to add artwork to.

Smaller stick at decent price point will help get those on the fence about an arcade stick a way to learn without dropping a small investment and then not putting enough time in to learn how they actually work. Get a lot fo people who just knee jerk buy an arcade stick and pray that it will make them better players in a month.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,645
    now im wondering if the joystick mount will only support JLF's?
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,895
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Six buttons is cool, Eight buttons is dick.

Idk man.... with SF5 needing all 6 buttons to taunt, you might want that dedicated button. Or no?

Im gonna taunt people all day, and when they try to taunt back they will mess up and activate v-skill/trigger or something.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,343
    d3v wrote: »
    appomo wrote: »
    official prices and stuff now up
    http://madcatz.com/street-fighter-v-arcade-fightstick/

the new hori cheap entry sticks seems more attractive.
    with its price and 8 instead of 6 button layout.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/11/20/hori-fighting-stick-mini-4-now-available-through-arcade-shock/

edit: the german price difference is a joke on the madcatz ones...

You're talking to the wrong crowd. Most people here prefer 6 buttons to 8.

that might be the case but at the end no matter if you use them or not its a aditional
    option people can use when they want. a eight button layout doesnt hinders you to
    use just 6.

more "options" = more people to attract your product too.
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,499
    Weird.
    Amazon.ca has a listing for this stick, but at $130...
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,452
    edited December 2015
    now im wondering if the joystick mount will only support JLF's?

MarkMan said "It still fits standard Sanwa/Seimitsu parts", so let's hope there's space in there for Seimitsu levers.
    Post edited by PresidentCamacho on
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • NotANoob81NotANoob81 Shinkiro Crackhead Eyes Joined: Posts: 907
    Looks like the Alpha fits Sanwa parts just as poorly as any other shallow depth case.
    Look at the length of the shaft:/
    Rocking a CRT display until something better comes along.
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    Listed at $80 for pre-order price.

I have a lot of updating on the first post to do.
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,645
    im actually excited about this stick, i hope this weighs more than other sticks this size. my biggest issue with the hori mini wasnt really the miniatured parts, but how light it was, doing a hadouken can end up with you lifting the whole thing.
    NotANoob81 wrote: »
    Looks like the Alpha fits Sanwa parts just as poorly as any other shallow depth case.
    Look at the length of the shaft:/

specifically why i asked about seimitsu mounting, ls32/40 might solve the shaft height issue for some
    MarkMan said "It still fits standard Sanwa/Seimitsu parts", so let's hope there's space in there fore Seimitsu levers.

could have meant just buttons :(
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,369
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Six buttons is cool, Eight buttons is dick.

Idk man.... with SF5 needing all 6 buttons to taunt, you might want that dedicated button. Or no?

Im gonna taunt people all day, and when they try to taunt back they will mess up and activate v-skill/trigger or something.

On most capcom games the PS3 and Xbox 360 Taunt is on Select last I checked. Plus who taunt's in a match?
    No one needs 3X Punch or 3X Kick.

Six buttons still stands
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,187
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,346
    Taunt has uses in some games. 3S being one. Plus side there is that Taunt is HP+HK so...
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 551
    MarkMan wrote: »
    BTW, let me know how hard it is to mod the mini-Hori stick with Sanwa parts.

dude. dont even go there. the FS3 & EX2 mods ive done in the past were nightmares. the PCBs were soldered onto the buttons. and lots of dremeling & modding to get a standard JLF to fit. @MarkMan will the alpha be able to fit a full sized JLF?
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
  • CHPrezCHPrez Joined: Posts: 54
    A friend of mine likes these smaller case sticks and is in a need of next gen stick, but he plays on xbone... @MarkMan any chance of an xbone version?
  • LvlUpLvlUp Joined: Posts: 111
    I wish i knew how long this stick was, i'm thinking of getting this stick. Parts can always be modded out for something better.
  • SPECTERLIGHTSPECTERLIGHT METRO CITY NINJUTSU Joined: Posts: 755
    MarkMan wrote: »
    You can still mod it. It still fits standard Sanwa/Seimitsu parts.

It's meant to be an entry level arcade stick. The design idea behind it was because the current market and previous mini-arcade sticks always scaled down the parts as well (lever and buttons). It wasn't intuitive for someone playing on standard size setups and because of this the idea for the Alpha was born. Smaller form factor, compact, easy to travel with -- without sacrificing the true arcade layout.

Also, I thought it might be like a transitional peripheral from controller to stick, and might also be easier for smaller hands, i.e. younger players who may find a regular size stick too heavy & may not want to/or not have money to purchase a TE-sized stick.
    Disciplines: Bushin-Ryu-Ninpo, Street Fighting, Demonology, IGA Ninjitsu, Bushido, Alchemy, English Boxing, Wing Chun, Shaolin Gung Fu, Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Igyo Tenshin-no-Jutsu, SFCQC, Swordplay, Garou Ryū MMA, Kusanagi Ryū Kobujutsu, Yagami M.Arts, Gun Kata...
    “There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.” 武神

RIN-PYOU-TOU-SHA-KAI-JIN-RETSU-ZAI-ZEN
    LvlUp wrote: »
    I wish i knew how long this stick was, i'm thinking of getting this stick. Parts can always be modded out for something better.

http://store.madcatz.com/imgs/SFV89180/sfv-fs-alpha-2-400x400.jpg
    gives aou a better clue about the size when you know the te´s size.
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,514
    Swapping in sanwa buttons and jlf was pretty straight forward. No case modifications needed.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
  • GigazordGigazord Psycho Powered Joined: Posts: 778
    edited January 2016
    @Gummo , you referring to the Alpha or Markmans question about the mini hori? If the alpha, any soldering/desoldering needed or QDs?
    Post edited by Gigazord on
    New Episode: The Power of the Supreme Ruler to Destroy a Ruler. Zerochaku! Danzaiver. -Entry of Magician Alty Al-Lazel-
  • HTXKameleonHTXKameleon Joined: Posts: 21
    Would it be possible to remove the parts from this case and add them to a different one? I'm looking into getting a fightstick that's reasonably priced but the weight and size looks to be discouraging. Sorry for the total noob question.
    Kameleon6969.png
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,738 mod
    Would it be possible to remove the parts from this case and add them to a different one? I'm looking into getting a fightstick that's reasonably priced but the weight and size looks to be discouraging. Sorry for the total noob question.
    Why would you want to use non-Sanwa parts?
    Gigazord wrote: »
    @Gummo , you referring to the Alpha or Markmans question about the mini hori? If the alpha, any soldering/desoldering needed or QDs?

The alpha.

Yes.
    Buttons are 30mm with tabs to fit quick disconnects. Joystick has same size mounting plate.
  • FuryofFrogFuryofFrog Ora Ora! Joined: Posts: 151
    Aw man. This stick is looking sweet as hell. I'm someone whose preferred stick is rtdzign's mini stick so this stick is right up my alley. The box I got must have an LS-33 inside it but this case looks very interesting. I'll most likey grab it and throw in a Hayabusa or an LS-40.
    Do you know the way to San Jose?
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,602
    FuryofFrog wrote: »
    I'll most likey grab it and throw in a Hayabusa or an LS-40.

I highly doubt that either of those will fit.
    edited January 2016
    No way is a Hayabusa going to fit. Give the joystick a chance though. As a jlf clone it's not terrible.
  • Captain_AwesomeCaptain_Awesome Joined: Posts: 58
    edited February 2016
    This was just posted over at NeoGAF:

Dogysamich ‏@Dogysamich Jan 15
    @MarkMan23 @Gummowned I mean, can you just slap sanwa stuff in there or did you have to do extra work?

Matthew Gummo ‏@Gummowned Jan 15
    @Dogysamich @MarkMan23 for the most part yes. Only extra work i did was solder on qd's. It's either that, crimp qds, or solder to buttons.
    0 retweets 0 likes

Dogysamich ‏@Dogysamich Jan 15
    @Gummowned @MarkMan23 not that I do any modding beyond slapping stuff in. I was just curious 'cause I wondered how hard it'd be for those.

Matthew Gummo ‏@Gummowned Jan 15
    @Dogysamich @MarkMan23 it pretty much is just slapping stuff in. The wiring is soldered to the stock buttons.

There is more info in that link as well.

@Gummo has answered most of these questions - just trying to keep everything in one easy click!
  • nesstor001nesstor001 luv(sic) Joined: Posts: 53
    Madcatz uploaded two videos showing off the Alpha in action.

You can tell there is no wrist space. Kinda puts things in perspective on just how small the stick is.
    cvs2: N Yama/Kyo/Cammy
    KOF XIII: EX Kyo/Takuma/Shen
    3S: Makoto
  • CalnaughtonjrCalnaughtonjr Joined: Posts: 24
    I think it is a little too expensive
  • IanskieIanskie Keep Watch Joined: Posts: 575
    Going to wait a while for this one to go on sale to get it. It almost looks too small, it could also be the perfect coffee table stick though. I wonder what the weight is like.
  • Captain_AwesomeCaptain_Awesome Joined: Posts: 58
    edited February 2016
    Ianskie wrote: »
    Going to wait a while for this one to go on sale to get it. It almost looks too small, it could also be the perfect coffee table stick though. I wonder what the weight is like.

From the looks of it, it appears to be slightly heavier than the Hori Mini Fighting stick. It also looks to be of good quality (the Hori one isn't bad at all either)

For right now, I'm pegging this Madcatz Alpha as a "Premium" mini fight stick. Double the price of the Hori, but this nets you the potential to have Sanwa parts, as well as much closer to a full size layout.

Fair?

Post edited by Captain_Awesome on
  • sunbreach87sunbreach87 Joined: Posts: 17
    Gummo wrote: »
    No way is a Hayabusa going to fit. Give the joystick a chance though. As a jlf clone it's not terrible.

Would it be better than the wwe brawl stick clone?
    its better than the one in the brawlstick.
  • stotkastotka Joined: Posts: 40
    So a crown 303 will fit? Guessing a Myoungshin Fanta is out of the question :D
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,452
    stotka wrote: »
    So a crown 303 will fit? Guessing a Myoungshin Fanta is out of the question :D

The 303 requires a pretty deep case.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
    edited February 2016
    Ianskie wrote: »

From the looks of it, it appears to be slightly heavier than the Hori Mini Fighting stick. It also looks to be of good quality (the Hori one isn't bad at all either)

For right now, I'm pegging this Madcatz Alpha as a "Premium" mini fight stick. Double the price of the Hori, but this nets you the potential to have Sanwa parts, as well as much closer to a full size layout.

Fair?

as a pc user i would say its way to expensive. the stick + part price will be higher then a used te1 stick
    and you need the mod tools. for ps4 users on the other hand it might be a nice option...
  • sunbreach87sunbreach87 Joined: Posts: 17
    Gummo wrote: »
    its better than the one in the brawlstick.

can you quantify why?