Madcatz Street Fighter V Fightstick Alpha

12346»

Comments

• adrian9118adrian9118 Really wanna start playing again. Joined: Posts: 47
    RDRKT69 wrote: »
    Hi! I just bought 2 Mad Catz Alpha (this is my first Fightstick). 1 doesn't have a problem at all but the other 1 has.
    The circle button feels different than the other buttons. when I press it a bit higher it feels stiff but when I press on the center or lower it feels fine that's why I want to change the buttons.

I don't have experience in soldering and crimping, So is it possible to just buy 10 Connection 22 AWG .110" Ground Daisy Chain Wire and 16pc 22 AWG Wire with .110 Quick Disconnect on Focus attack to avoid soldering and crimping? Sorry for my bad english.

That won't work. You can avoid crimping but you can't avoid soldering and only one end of the wires can add the quick disconnects.
  • Kata8884Kata8884 Joined: Posts: 1
    Can I check with the brothers here if I can swap Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK and OBSF-30 into the Mad Catz Fightstick Alpha? Thank you very much.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,874
    yes
    Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.
  • KillaFoxKillaFox I wish a nigga would on every candle. Joined: Posts: 2,171
    How tf do you even open this stick?
    KillaFox wrote: »

Screw driver. Sometimes screw holes are covered by rubber feat and even the "Warranty voided if this is broken" sticker.
    Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
  • busta.rhymesbusta.rhymes Joined: Posts: 7
    edited March 2016
    I would want to use a sanwa octonal gate and a sanwa Bat top...
    Is it straight forward putting them in the alpha?
    Post edited by busta.rhymes on
  • KillaFoxKillaFox I wish a nigga would on every candle. Joined: Posts: 2,171
    Darksakul wrote: »
    KillaFox wrote: »

Screw driver. Sometimes screw holes are covered by rubber feat and even the "Warranty voided if this is broken" sticker.

Yea one was covered with a sticker. Ty

• adrian9118adrian9118 Really wanna start playing again. Joined: Posts: 47

Is a bat top just screwed onto the top like a ball top? If yes then yea octo gate and bat top will go in fine
  • RagsTheGoatRagsTheGoat Joined: Posts: 5
    Changed out the stock lever for a Link. feels better.
  • Principlesof98Principlesof98 Joined: Posts: 19

Hey man. New here, but i got the alpha amd wanted to try an octagon gate. It looked like the sanwa gate so i ordered it to see. Dont know of its just variations in parts, but everything is near exactly the same with the gate, except the lock tabs are just slightly off enough it wont for. BUT, the small octagonal ring insert DOES fit. I dod have to very lightly sand the stock restrictor plate to fit bit it does fit very nice. So for a couple bucks i have an 8 way gate in my alpha
  • RDRKT69RDRKT69 Joined: Posts: 2
    edited March 2016
    can I just cut the wires connected to the button and use a butt connector to connect 10 Connection 22 AWG .110" Ground Daisy Chain Wire and 16pc 22 AWG Wire with .110 Quick Disconnect to the original wires? (sorry for my bad english)

Oh never mind. I've found a video in youtube and he did what exactly I'am thinking.

Thank you guys!
    and Thank you random person who post a video on youtube!

Post edited by RDRKT69 on
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,083
    So are the buttons/stick junk that has to be replaced with real parts?
    I'm making a fighting game! http://www.disturbingtheverse.com/
    The SRK thread, the Discord server.
  • MazzaMazza Joined: Posts: 16

Did you just drop in a Link without using a JLF? Interesting...

Would anyone know if we can mod a Neutrik usb to this as well?
  • IanskieIanskie Keep Watch Joined: Posts: 556
    edited April 2016
    Just noticed these are on Amazon for $54 and are Prime eligible.
    Post edited by Ianskie on
    Mazza wrote: »

Did you just drop in a Link without using a JLF? Interesting...

The Link can work not just with the Sanwa JLF but any JLF clone and the Hori Hayabusa.

Mazza wrote: »
    Would anyone know if we can mod a Neutrik usb to this as well?
    To the Street Fighter Alpha? Is there room to mount om the rear or the sides something than needs a 24mm hole?
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    Has anyone been able to get this stick to work on PC SFV?

I downloaded the MadCatz driver from here: http://madcatz.com/downloads/ , called Fight_Stick_Alpha_PS4_7_0_54_5_x64_Full.zip

And it installed without any issues, and afterwards the stick was picked up in Joy.Cpl as "XBox360 Wired Controller", but when I launched SFV I still couldn't navigate the menus with it. I tried the LS, RS, and DP settings, but none worked.
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
  • FalkentyneFalkentyne Joined: Posts: 576
    edited May 2016
    @Feargus001100 :
    Did you click the "Xinput" option in the windows taskbar?
    It's right in the readme txt file.
    @Falkentyne , derp on me for missing that step :loser: , works like a charm now, thanks!!!
  • FalkentyneFalkentyne Joined: Posts: 576
    Enjoy!
    Falkentyne wrote: »
    Enjoy!

Enjoy complete, now wondering if any of the usual TT mad scientists have taken one of these bad boys apart and found the TP Key on the PCB.

I have no electrical skills but I can rip this thing open and my PS4 TE S+ to compare PCBs if that helps =)
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 896
    how easy is it t swap this pcb in to another 6 button stick??

is there qd's for start select and home?

i dont want anything that needs a firmware upgrade and i am not capable pad hacking
  • TizTozBriBruTizTozBriBru Joined: Posts: 253
    I was afraid to bump this but anzhar did it for me B)

Anyway @anzhar the PCB has a couple ribbon cables coming out of it, so if you wanted to avoid soldering to the PCB, you could cut off the ribbon cables where they lead to, strip & tin the ends of those wires, and boom, Ken's youtr uncle.

......So a Hayabusa joystick does fit in this it seems. No mods or drilling right? Looks like people have dropped in JLF without problem which is definitely promising. It looks pretty shallow though so are there any 30mm buttons I should avoid or will whatever I want fit in this thing.

thanks bros.
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,917
    edited January 3
    anzhar wrote: »
    how easy is it t swap this pcb in to another 6 button stick??

Easier than a regular pad hack.
    is there qd's for start select and home?

There are no quick disconnects in an Alpha stick. All the buttons are soldered or connected via JST's.

......So a Hayabusa joystick does fit in this it seems.

You sure about that? I wouldn't risk it tbh.
    It looks pretty shallow though so are there any 30mm buttons I should avoid or will whatever I want fit in this thing.

Sanwa RG buttons won't fit, Sanwa OBSF and snap-in Seimitsu buttons should be fine.
    Thanks man. I read something about a JLF fitting in these so I thought a Hayabusa might fit. No go for a LS56 then i assume? Thanks again for your help!
    ok cool, these go for under £25 sometimes so im thinking of snagging one

i have not got a ps4, but i end up at places where it is the platform being used......
    Thanks man. I read something about a JLF fitting in these so I thought a Hayabusa might fit. No go for a LS56 then i assume? Thanks again for your help!

A JLF could fit but it's a difficult and ugly fit. You have to mod the JLF it self to make it work.
    An LS-56 could work, you will have to ditch the Mount plate, dremel the underside of your Hori EX2 smooth and drill holes from the top to mount the LS-56

A JLF could fit but it's a difficult and ugly fit. You have to mod the JLF it self to make it work.
    An LS-56 could work, you will have to ditch the Mount plate, dremel the underside of your Hori EX2 smooth and drill holes from the top to mount the LS-56

this threa is for the Mad Catz fightstick Alpha, a very poor copy and paste job sir !!!!!
  • DarksideHazukiDarksideHazuki Joined: Posts: 2
    JLF and Seimitsu PS-15s fit without any issue. OBSFs also fit, but you'll have to bend the terminals. LS-56 will fit with the KOWAL converter plate if you remove a single mounting peg from the case, but you may be endangering the stick's structural integrity.
    edited January 3
    JLF and Seimitsu PS-15s fit without any issue. OBSFs also fit, but you'll have to bend the terminals. LS-56 will fit with the KOWAL converter plate if you remove a single mounting peg from the case, but you may be endangering the stick's structural integrity.

Thanks for that. Damn, I thought the Hayabusa would fit if the JLF would but is there really not enough room in there for the Hayabusa's blocky structure? Hell i would even be willing to cut up the Hayabusa plastic to make it fit in one of these controllers...

If @Darksakul advice was for this stick and not the EX2, i would be willing to do the necessary modding to fit my LS56 in it...

If LS56 and Hayabusa REALLY won't work I'll just get a damn JLF....
    Dude, a Hayabusa is significantly bigger than a JLF. For fucks sake they barely fit inside an original TE arcade stick and they have a huge amount of space.

Wouldn't a LS-56 fit in an Alpha fine as long as it came with an MS mounting plate? I don't think it would be necessary to get a Kowal mounting plate..
    Ok, sorry. I've never seen a JLF in person. I own half a dozen joysticks and never once a JLF... Will give it a try with my LS 56 when i get it.
  • hyp36rmaxhyp36rmax Joined: Posts: 121
    I can't wait to see someone strip all the internals and add a Brooks UFB and silent Sanwa parts, heavier spring, and phreakmods QD stick. for an ultimate portable stick.
  • DarksideHazukiDarksideHazuki Joined: Posts: 2
    Challenge accepted? Trying to figure out how the UFB will fit in the case...
  • hyp36rmaxhyp36rmax Joined: Posts: 121
    Challenge accepted? Trying to figure out how the UFB will fit in the case...

Ohhhh yea! Do you plan on gutting the Alpha and basically just using the chassis with the UFB or just integrating with the existing PS4 control panel? Take lots of pictures of the process.
    Do these sticks have a faulty pcb ? I'm seeing quite a few on eBay that say the square button does not work, even after replacing the button?

Was thinking of sniping a bargain.....
    Do these sticks have a faulty pcb ? I'm seeing quite a few on eBay that say the square button does not work, even after replacing the button?

They're part of the new generation of MadCatz sticks, so probably.

But without someone taking a proper look at them then who knows?
  • ReeceBobReeceBob Joined: Posts: 2
    Has anyone removed the SFV branding in the bottom right corner? If so, what did you use?
    ReeceBob wrote: »
    Has anyone removed the SFV branding in the bottom right corner? If so, what did you use?

I would suggest a very mild abrasive

Toothpaste, a slightly damp sugar cube, a Mr Clean magic eraser.
  • ReeceBobReeceBob Joined: Posts: 2
    ReeceBob wrote: »

I would suggest a very mild abrasive

Toothpaste, a slightly damp sugar cube, a Mr Clean magic eraser.

Nice one, thank you.
    That said, I am not sure what gives you the best results.

Go slow and take your time. You only want to lift the paint off, go at it too hard and you smooth out the plastic texture around the branding and you see a after image.

Be careful with any solvents, you only want to lift the paint not melt the plastic. So no nail polish remover.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 646
    Removing a Tampo/pad printed logo (without fucking up the surrounding plastic) is gonna be a bitch. Good luck...
    jopamo wrote: »
    Removing a Tampo/pad printed logo (without fucking up the surrounding plastic) is gonna be a bitch. Good luck...

It can be done, I done it to older cell phones in the past.
    Its when there is a texture involved when it becomes a pain in the ass
  • platynumxplatynumx Lost in my own world Joined: Posts: 44
    jopamo wrote: »

It can be done, I done it to older cell phones in the past.
    Its when there is a texture involved when it becomes a pain in the ass

I don't know if it would be applicable to this stick but in the past I've used a nickel to remove carrier logos off of cell phones. Keep the flat edge down and gently scrape. Never roughed up the phone itself.
12346»