Madcatz Street Fighter V Fightstick Alpha

1234568»

Comments

  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    Dude, a Hayabusa is significantly bigger than a JLF. For fucks sake they barely fit inside an original TE arcade stick and they have a huge amount of space.

    Wouldn't a LS-56 fit in an Alpha fine as long as it came with an MS mounting plate? I don't think it would be necessary to get a Kowal mounting plate..
  • TizTozBriBruTizTozBriBru Joined: Posts: 253
    Ok, sorry. I've never seen a JLF in person. I own half a dozen joysticks and never once a JLF... Will give it a try with my LS 56 when i get it.
  • hyp36rmaxhyp36rmax Joined: Posts: 122
    I can't wait to see someone strip all the internals and add a Brooks UFB and silent Sanwa parts, heavier spring, and phreakmods QD stick. for an ultimate portable stick.
  • DarksideHazukiDarksideHazuki Joined: Posts: 2
    Challenge accepted? Trying to figure out how the UFB will fit in the case...
  • hyp36rmaxhyp36rmax Joined: Posts: 122
    Challenge accepted? Trying to figure out how the UFB will fit in the case...

    Ohhhh yea! Do you plan on gutting the Alpha and basically just using the chassis with the UFB or just integrating with the existing PS4 control panel? Take lots of pictures of the process.
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 1,033
    Do these sticks have a faulty pcb ? I'm seeing quite a few on eBay that say the square button does not work, even after replacing the button?

    Was thinking of sniping a bargain.....
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    anzhar wrote: »
    Do these sticks have a faulty pcb ? I'm seeing quite a few on eBay that say the square button does not work, even after replacing the button?


    They're part of the new generation of MadCatz sticks, so probably.

    But without someone taking a proper look at them then who knows?
  • ReeceBobReeceBob Joined: Posts: 7
    Has anyone removed the SFV branding in the bottom right corner? If so, what did you use?
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,721
    ReeceBob wrote: »
    Has anyone removed the SFV branding in the bottom right corner? If so, what did you use?

    I would suggest a very mild abrasive

    Toothpaste, a slightly damp sugar cube, a Mr Clean magic eraser.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • ReeceBobReeceBob Joined: Posts: 7
    Darksakul wrote: »
    ReeceBob wrote: »
    Has anyone removed the SFV branding in the bottom right corner? If so, what did you use?

    I would suggest a very mild abrasive

    Toothpaste, a slightly damp sugar cube, a Mr Clean magic eraser.

    Nice one, thank you.
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,721
    That said, I am not sure what gives you the best results.

    Go slow and take your time. You only want to lift the paint off, go at it too hard and you smooth out the plastic texture around the branding and you see a after image.

    Be careful with any solvents, you only want to lift the paint not melt the plastic. So no nail polish remover.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,377
    Removing a Tampo/pad printed logo (without fucking up the surrounding plastic) is gonna be a bitch. Good luck...
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,721
    jopamo wrote: »
    Removing a Tampo/pad printed logo (without fucking up the surrounding plastic) is gonna be a bitch. Good luck...

    It can be done, I done it to older cell phones in the past.
    Its when there is a texture involved when it becomes a pain in the ass
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • platynumxplatynumx Because I have willed it. Joined: Posts: 146
    Darksakul wrote: »
    jopamo wrote: »
    Removing a Tampo/pad printed logo (without fucking up the surrounding plastic) is gonna be a bitch. Good luck...

    It can be done, I done it to older cell phones in the past.
    Its when there is a texture involved when it becomes a pain in the ass

    I don't know if it would be applicable to this stick but in the past I've used a nickel to remove carrier logos off of cell phones. Keep the flat edge down and gently scrape. Never roughed up the phone itself.
1234568»
Sign In or Register to comment.