Rashid General Thread: Desert Storm - second new character

MindMind Beat your MindJoined: Posts: 74
edited February 2016 in Rashid
On 9/11 Capcom revealed the second new Street Fighter V character at the Dubai Games2015. His name is Rashid and he looks (from the footage so far) to be a fast playing character with a mix of guy/rolento/ibuki. More info soon.

For now here's the first footage

Video

Image VS screen
11_rashid02.jpg
Post edited by jchensor on
Beat your mind!

Comments

• Zen.MasterZen.Master Take the poison. Joined: Posts: 62
    This guy is looking crazy on the mixups
  • KunikuKuniku Joined: Posts: 351
    From the terrible video of the trailer, this guy looks pretty awesome!
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,349
    I hope his v trigger is Oozaru mode.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,071
    Wow, so Capcom followed Namco in creating a middle eastern character, like truly middle easter and not a joke character like hakan?

Not a bad idea though. Kinda ironic that they'd release it on 9/11, but hey, looks like an interesting character.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • Heat_SleepHeat_Sleep Everything you do is a balloon. Joined: Posts: 1,743
    Does he have T. Hawk's condor dive/spire? That's what it looks like.

It looks like his tornado can be a pressure tool since it is very active.
  • MindMind Beat your Mind Joined: Posts: 74
    edited September 2015
    First gameplay footage (short).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=15&v=LWM2xo6xSvI
    Beat your mind!
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 7,049

It's that giant tornado.
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,190

It's that giant tornado.

In that case, his v-trigger works a lot like aegis then. Not helping Urien's chances.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 7,049
    otori wrote: »

It's that giant tornado.

In that case, his v-trigger works a lot like aegis then. Not helping Urien's chances.

I believe Urien is in, but they are going to redesign him. Aegis was only good/fun in 3s because of unblockables and charge partitioning. Take that out and you get something boring.
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,349

It's that giant tornado.

ice_cube_wtf.gif
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,190
    otori wrote: »

It's that giant tornado.

I believe Urien is in, but they are going to redesign him. Aegis was only good/fun in 3s because of unblockables and charge partitioning. Take that out and you get something boring.

Oh damn I hope not. What made Urien for me was exactly the game play (execution and unblockables), if you remove that he's a dude on his underpants. I'd rather have another character honestly.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,735 mod
    So does this mean that the leaked character list is right so far? Rashid was on one of the lists I saw.
  • CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,078

Only a short 15 sec clip but what a got.

= His crouch short looks like it has good range...

= EX projectile goes in a weird ass angle (Reminds me of Ram's qcf+A I think from GGxrd)

= V-Trigger is that huge Tornado. Basically Yoga Catastrophe or Psycho Stream with a hitbox that basically cuts off a chunk of the screen

= He does an action right after his V-Trigger... A drop kick, no idea if it's part of his V-Trigger or his own move

= Also his animations look kinda sick... need to see more
  • CaptainGinyuCaptainGinyu Choppin Bricks Like Karate Joined: Posts: 1,978

= EX projectile goes in a weird ass angle (Reminds me of Ram's qcf+A I think from GGxrd)

= V-Trigger is that huge Tornado. Basically Yoga Catastrophe or Psycho Stream with a hitbox that basically cuts off a chunk of the screen

= He does an action right after his V-Trigger... A drop kick, no idea if it's part of his V-Trigger or his own move

Ramlethal doesn't have a qcf A.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”-Jimi Hendrix
    Take the Raw Vegan challenge! Lol nah fam, I don't even do this shit anymore.

SFV: Zangief Sub: Juri
    GGXRD Revalator: Ramlethal Valentine
    KOF XI: Terry/Oswald/Gato | KOF 14: Terry/NAK/KOD, Terry/Yamazaki/KOD

PSN: CaptDeepThot

• Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,073
    edited September 2015
    I'lll be the first party pooper; I don't like his design at all. I was hoping for something cooler :(

Mostly, even though it's nitpicky, I cant take a character wearing sandals seriously at all. It just looks derpy. Who the fuck wears sandals to a fight aside from naruto. He'd look way more combat ready with military boots or something, as of now he looks to me like hes ready to go to the beach.

Ramlethal doesn't have a qcf A.

w/e that weird upward projectile is
  • Angerfist62Angerfist62 Joined: Posts: 986
    edited September 2015
    So, he have that spinning kick that Chun-Li has in the first build, with Kan Ra/Al Rashid/Fakir/Pullum Tornado, Juni/Juli Kick, Storm's moves and an Omen like fireball.

But I don't care, he looks cool (not as cool as Shaheen) and I'm glad he isn't a parody like Rufus.
    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 4,025
    edited September 2015
    Terrible design XD

And the gameplay, well...

215168589a74d2560911495355bd8ed29f53c99a.jpg

No one can say it's not cool :D

But his animations remind me of El Fuerte all along.
    Froztey wrote: »
    So does this mean that the leaked character list is right so far? Rashid was on one of the lists I saw.
    The leaked list didn't mention Vega, for example. But yeah, Zen and Laura should be coming this way.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,200
    Now to wait for that HD 1080p 60fps trailer. Hopefully they drop it today
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • RedVegaRedVega Joined: Posts: 863
    I think he looks really great.
    Fuerte was more goofy, Rashid's animation look straight badass. His design and moveset go well together. I'd say more comparable to Adon but way cooler.

IMO, regardless of how cool his animations might be, I can't see past the goofiness of what looks like an 80's cartoon stereotype with a saiyan scouter and sandals.
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,645
    Between the Tornado V Trigger and the EX Tornado thing that goes straightup, I'm getting a serious Guile/Remy vibe on top of his rushdown.

And I think his design looks great, even if he hasn't learned to detect energy yet.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,725
    Looks dope, what's up with the el fuerte yahoo though... It seems out of place.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 2015
    Edit: nevermind. Angerfist beats me to it. lol.
    Another booty English VA smh...
  • john4pjohn4p Joined: Posts: 817
    60fps version:

• BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 5,091
    edited September 2015
    I'lll be the first party pooper; I don't like his design at all. I was hoping for something cooler :(

Mostly, even though it's nitpicky, I cant take a character wearing sandals seriously at all. It just looks derpy. Who the fuck wears sandals to a fight aside from naruto. He'd look way more combat ready with military boots or something, as of now he looks to me like hes ready to go to the beach.[/quote

Doesn't Akuma wear some type of sandals?
  • Soul7Soul7 Joined: Posts: 485
    edited September 2015
    He looks x10000000000000 better than Shaheen & Shaheen looks pretty dope!
    MY NEW MAIN!
    No one else can pick him.

HD TRAILER:

Want Arika (a.k.a SF EX) characters in SF5?
    Like this page: https://www.facebook.com/ArikaCharactersForStreetFighterV
    Or Sign this Petition: https://www.change.org/p/yoshinori-ono-team-street-fighter-v-petition-arika-characters-for-street-fighter-v
    Petition for Capcom to buy the Arika characters' license in order to hopefully include some as DLC in SFV.

Mostly, even though it's nitpicky, I cant take a character wearing sandals seriously at all. It just looks derpy. Who the fuck wears sandals to a fight aside from naruto. He'd look way more combat ready with military boots or something, as of now he looks to me like hes ready to go to the beach.

Akuma uses sandals. i also think he looks better with sandals than if they were to put boots on him.

Yep, I was never a fan. I could get around his rope sandals in IV because it's actual martial arts tradition, but rashid's sporting the kind of hi-tec/CAT sandals that you see weary backpackers wearing, which looks infinitely derpy to me.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,200
    john4p wrote: »
    60fps version:

Funny how they used English VA for Rashid here but Ryu has Japanese one
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...