KOF XIV General Discussion - Congratulations to ET, the winner of KOFXIV at EVO2017!

Comments

• Chizuru_Youko96Chizuru_Youko96 Joined: Posts: 211
    edited July 17
    Now that i've looked at it again, is that the same model from XIV?

EDIT: If Geese's theme is remixed once again, they'd re-name it: "Tekken for Geese"
  • JulianKPrimeJulianKPrime Joined: Posts: 111

EDIT: If Geese's theme is remixed once again, they'd re-name it: "Tekken for Geese"

It's probably not the same model, I kind of remember KOFXIV Geese's arms being very long (random I know).

Together with the additional pot SNK threw in for EVO and the Tekken 7 DLC, hopefully SNK gets some surge of interest in the game.
    edited July 17

It's probably not the same model, I kind of remember KOFXIV Geese's arms being very long (random I know).

Together with the additional pot SNK threw in for EVO and the Tekken 7 DLC, hopefully SNK gets some surge of interest in the game.

I'm looking at the skin and i can tell it's sort of familiar, Namco could add in further detail like the popping nerves. And the arm is depend on perspective imo, some characters are smaller in XIV but are bigger when their models got ripped to another 3D games and i'm not talking about how their camera is being handled either.

And it'd be better if SNK themself has done something to show for it. You can't get people interest in nothing? There's so much this type of "HYPE!!! guest character" can do when you yourself as a company didn't have anything else going on.
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,063
    The models do look sort of similar, with massively superior texturing, shading and clothing animation in Tekken's case.
  • BootyWarriorBootyWarrior Joined: Posts: 203
    Iron Fist for Geese? I think it'll be Soy sauce or another Chinese related dish, maybe a Japanese dish, maybe if we're lucky we'll get a Kiss for Geese. lul
    KOFXIV: Yuri/Iori/K'
    Characters on the side: Kyo, Kensou, Shun'ei, Maxima, Mature, Ryo, Kim, Whip.
    Alarm wrote: »
    I also listen to the 2001 OST daily.
  • EmerganceEmergance Joined: Posts: 36
    lol Tekken players don't even know who Geese Howard is, if you're born into the 2000's era I guess KOF and Fatal Fury will go over your heads.
  • ChaudBlazeChaudBlaze The C is for Chaud Joined: Posts: 459
    What in the world is Namco up to??
    Even if they don't know him they'll want to play as him because he's an excellent character and stands by himself. But he will also draw people from the SNK and Capcom crowds so it's all a win. The response to the trailer has been overwhelmingly positive.
  • EmerganceEmergance Joined: Posts: 36
    edited July 17
    Cronopio wrote: »
    Even if they don't know him they'll want to play as him because he's an excellent character and stands by himself. But he will also draw people from the SNK and Capcom crowds so it's all a win. The response to the trailer has been overwhelmingly positive.

Everything about this post is right. But I only said this based on the comment section of Geeese's trailer either on Max's channel or on the official Bamco channel. He may not be popular to non-fighting game or Tekken players, but the FGC loves him. The crowd reaction at Evo was something special, everyone recognised the intro to Soy Sauce on Geese and started screaming.

The best part of the trailer is Geese sidestepping Claudio's knockoff burn knuckle then hitting him away, something Geese failed to do in the first fight against Terry. Also the counter montage from the XIV trailer never gets old. I didn't know Geese was Harada's favourite fighting game character either.
    Appparently Harada just likes SNK a lot. He talked about wanting to do something with Samsho too, before. Would be great to see a new Samsho with their help, or a Soul Calibur crossover.
  • MonpochiMonpochi Gallery Dweller | Casual FG fan Joined: Posts: 134
    Sexy_Terry wrote: »

OMFG!!
    I was not expecting this guest appearance at ALL, I thought it'd be more BEWBS. May there be knowledge sharing on Harada's part to SNK with this, coz it would seriously be beneficial for the latter imo.

ps. Also, initially I am greatly enamoured by Geese's model in that trailer (I'm a sucker for half naked men okay, villain or hero...) but once I simmered into it, he now reminds me of a Trump male family member. :s I seriously need an alternate IRL look alike to focus on to erase this thought from my brain....
    "When people say evolution is a theory I just yell SO IS GRAVITY and then I push them out of a window."
    - teaorcoffee

Stuff I did :3 ... > http://matsunoki.deviantart.com
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,451
    so is SNK going to promote SSV Special more? Didnt they say the SSV Special PS4 beta was gonna be at EVO? it's releasing this summer, and in my opinion, the full complete uncensored release of SSV Special is greater news than a SSVII/VIII announcement, cause a sequel would be hard pressed to live up to SSV Special's standards, and we get to own and play that masterpiece this summer!!

maybe SNK could cross promote and give like free KOFXIV DLC for those that buy SSV Special on PSN.
    and SSV Special PS4 version could be added to next EVO tournament.

right now, SNK should market SSV Special more, whether they have a new Samurai Shodown in the making or not, cause if they want Samurai Shodown series to be more relevant, it's gotta get more glorification of its greatest game, SSV Special, so that would earn more fans on the way towards a new game.

KOFXIV is still around and hyped, but we know the general consensus already have their opinion about it and KOFXIV is stuck in a mediocre level of acceptance among consumers (the PC sales numbers were embarrassing and too low. it got high rating, but read it only got visual novel sales numbers. )
    and I say Samurai Shodown franchise has more potential to make greater numbers and greater fanbase. So I don't think a new SS will be announced until SSV Special has room to shine, or maybe they will double promote the classic as well as a new game. Overall, their experience with KOFXIV should not make Samurai Shodown like that, SS is its own thing, so it should be more like SSV Special instead of a reskinned KOFXIV.
    plus now with added experience they can improve their modeling and eye candy, so the next gen Samurai Shodown is more enticing to the mainstream. average graphics just ain't gonna cut it for a 3D / 2.5D fighting game these days. Smash gets approved because it's cartoony anyways, but Samurai Shodown is more towards realism and detail, so the next one should look gorgeous that its visuals alone would convince the masses. and of course blood and gore should be standard.

especially when SSV Special is going to introduce newcomers that just started playing SNK games with KOFXIV, a new Samurai Shodown has to live up to SSV Special flavor of brutality and gameplay flow. SS isn't a prize fighting sport, it's kill or be killed, so SNK gotta make sure to not mix KOF style with Samurai Shodown.
    Samurai Shodown always has a more adult and raw survival view about fighting (with the exception of SSVI, but that was a festival parody that doesn't count.)
    Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
    They've been doing crossovers a lot after XIII, I remember reading an article where the Chinese company they're under wanted the SNK characters to be in more stuff. Not to mention other companies being interested in doing so, simply because the characters are so likable(see Harada liking SNK classics such as FF and Samsho).

If I put their last names in its because there's another link in there.

The King of Fighters '98 Online - Haomaru, Nakoruru, Ukyo
    Venus Eleven Vivid - Kula Diamond(Diana, Foxy, Candy(or maybe the actual sweets), K' and Maxima gets mentioned), Mai, Athena
    Core Masters - Kyo, Iori, Athena
    Valkyrie Connect - Kyo, Iori, Athena, Mai, Omega Rugal
    Crash Fever - Kyo, Iori, Mai, Athena, Terry, Benimaru, Yuri, Andy, Joe, Yamazaki, Kim
    Dai Shingeki RPG! Sister Quest - Kula, Mai
    Lord of Vermilion RE: 2 - Kyo, Iori
    Dead or Alive 5 - Mai
    Xuan Dou Zhi Wang(Chinese Fighting Game) - Terry Bogard, Benimaru Nikaido
    Granblue Fantasy - Haohmaru + Sword , Nakoruru + Mamahaha
    Tekken 7 - Geese

The interesting ones are Xuan Dou Zhi Wang, Dead or Alive and Tekken.
  • JetKinenJetKinen Joined: Posts: 570
    I'm pretty sure XDZW was before all of this.

In fact you can't play as them anymore in that game.
    edited July 19
    I don't mind SNK to do crossover, especially for characters but what i, and i'm sure everyone here wanted from SNK is undoubtedly, game. All these crossovers mean to promote your IPs and spread their presence and popularity worldwide. But for what? For your games, no point in doing crossover/licensing if you can't get/direct people to buy what you created. Thats why i'm against any kind of crossover game tie directly to SNK themself as a whole at the moment.

Like a poll between FF/KOF/CVS/SVC/T7 for where do you know Geese Howard from? I bet the majority will know from the crossover but it also doesn't mean they'd track down and buy/play the game he's originated from. You need something from the present or recently so people can easily refer to (like KOFXIV) and you need to prove/show people what your game is made of with it. It'd be much better if that crossover (be it a character or a game) is different from the type of game u yourself are making. Mai & Geese in a full-fledged 3D game helped SNK crossover to the 3D audience but at the same time, it lets them see what's necessary to learn from these devs who are creating "their" characters. It's killing two birds with one stone.
    Post edited by Chizuru_Youko96 on
    edited July 17
    Like a poll between FF/KOF/CVS/SVC/T7 for where do you know Geese Howard from? I bet the majority will know from the crossover but it also doesn't mean they'd track down and buy/play the game he's originated from.

so this is what "the truth hurts" feels like.
    edited July 17
    So is NAMCO going to say eff it and make our CVS3 dreams a reality, because that's what I am seeing!
    edited July 17
    Y'know the most ironic thing about these 5? That's Fatal Fury is more recognizable than KOF because it follows your usual routine seen in FGs that even Harada know about Geese. That doesn't mean KOF isn't as popular but it's a weakness that tie to SNK themself: KOF's a crossover game itself, a celebration of SNK's IP, Orochi Saga is popular because that's when SNK's more active, lively and when those IPs are still fresh and relevant. But after 2000 and the change in owner, they continue forward with KOF while slowly leaving the others behind which in turn make the notion of KOF being a crossover lose part of it's charm.

Crossover game with more than one IP is usually meant to be a celebration between franchise/company but when you're too focus on it. It'd be just a poetic way of saying: "A collection of Dead IPs". At least in KOF's case, it's it's own set of characters/universe for moving forward to be natural but that doesn't meant SNK should neglect part of why KOF's great in the first place.
    edited July 18
    KOF is not looked upon as a crossover series, it's the mainline timeline that Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting and others merged into as its own canon reality universe.

it started as a crossover game, but then it established itself as its own real timeline and core fighting series for SNK,

why you think KOF has more games, as well as more original exclusive story arcs/sagas than Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting combined?
    at this point only the dreammatch games are considered "crossovers" since like NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, they are their own self contained games.

KOF is above the crossover aspect, and it's own thing. just like how Ninja Gaiden and DOA merged, and DOA is still DOA despite including Ninja Gaiden and guest characters.

KOF is the successor, evolution and transcending essence of Fatal Fury and AOF series, and others, and become much more than a fanservice crossover series.

MOTW proved Fatal Fury is not as profitable like KOF is. and too shallow compared to the variety, depth, perspectives, and scope KOF has.
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,304
    It would be funny if Geese confused Leo for Rock in his Tekken appearance.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • AmedoS310AmedoS310 Joined: Posts: 113
    edited July 18
    affinity wrote: »
    so is SNK going to promote SSV Special more? Didnt they say the SSV Special PS4 beta was gonna be at EVO? it's releasing this summer, and in my opinion, the full complete uncensored release of SSV Special is greater news than a SSVII/VIII announcement, cause a sequel would be hard pressed to live up to SSV Special's standards, and we get to own and play that masterpiece this summer!!

maybe SNK could cross promote and give like free KOFXIV DLC for those that buy SSV Special on PSN.
    and SSV Special PS4 version could be added to next EVO tournament.

right now, SNK should market SSV Special more, whether they have a new Samurai Shodown in the making or not, cause if they want Samurai Shodown series to be more relevant, it's gotta get more glorification of its greatest game, SSV Special, so that would earn more fans on the way towards a new game.

KOFXIV is still around and hyped, but we know the general consensus already have their opinion about it and KOFXIV is stuck in a mediocre level of acceptance among consumers (the PC sales numbers were embarrassing and too low. it got high rating, but read it only got visual novel sales numbers. )
    and I say Samurai Shodown franchise has more potential to make greater numbers and greater fanbase. So I don't think a new SS will be announced until SSV Special has room to shine, or maybe they will double promote the classic as well as a new game. Overall, their experience with KOFXIV should not make Samurai Shodown like that, SS is its own thing, so it should be more like SSV Special instead of a reskinned KOFXIV.
    plus now with added experience they can improve their modeling and eye candy, so the next gen Samurai Shodown is more enticing to the mainstream. average graphics just ain't gonna cut it for a 3D / 2.5D fighting game these days. Smash gets approved because it's cartoony anyways, but Samurai Shodown is more towards realism and detail, so the next one should look gorgeous that its visuals alone would convince the masses. and of course blood and gore should be standard.

especially when SSV Special is going to introduce newcomers that just started playing SNK games with KOFXIV, a new Samurai Shodown has to live up to SSV Special flavor of brutality and gameplay flow. SS isn't a prize fighting sport, it's kill or be killed, so SNK gotta make sure to not mix KOF style with Samurai Shodown.
    Samurai Shodown always has a more adult and raw survival view about fighting (with the exception of SSVI, but that was a festival parody that doesn't count.)

No one at Evo cared about SSVS. The booth was mostly empty throughout the event. Hell, the SSVS games got replaced for more XIV setups at the end of Saturday night.
    Post edited by AmedoS310 on
    Same roles, different actors.
  • ReijiReiji Joined: Posts: 198
    Y'know the most ironic thing about these 5? That's Fatal Fury is more recognizable than KOF because it follows your usual routine seen in FGs that even Harada know about Geese. That doesn't mean KOF isn't as popular but it's a weakness that tie to SNK themself: KOF's a crossover game itself, a celebration of SNK's IP, Orochi Saga is popular because that's when SNK's more active, lively and when those IPs are still fresh and relevant. But after 2000 and the change in owner, they continue forward with KOF while slowly leaving the others behind which in turn make the notion of KOF being a crossover lose part of it's charm.

Crossover game with more than one IP is usually meant to be a celebration between franchise/company but when you're too focus on it. It'd be just a poetic way of saying: "A collection of Dead IPs". At least in KOF's case, it's it's own set of characters/universe for moving forward to be natural but that doesn't meant SNK should neglect part of why KOF's great in the first place.

Real Bout FF is awesome.
    You don't deserve to know my name !
  • PhinxPhinx Joined: Posts: 122
    edited July 18
    Reiji wrote: »

Real Bout FF is awesome.

Real Bout FF and Garou MOTW.

I can agree with most of what Affinity is saying because right now I can say that we are more concerned about the storyline of KOF but only when certain characters appear we refer to another series and cross reference as if KoF is the main timeline.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,704
    So how come Geese in T7 has Rashomon as his Rage Art but it's not in KOFXIV?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    So how come Geese in T7 has Rashomon as his Rage Art but it's not in KOFXIV?

Yea I kinda hate that because it's lidderly the same form ish as heihachis demon breath rage art. But it's just cooler because it's geese.

Considering the guy's dead before he get to see his son grow up so no chance
    And thanks a lot, Terry.
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,799
    I wonder if a Team Tekken or Team DOA are coming to KOF XV or KOF XIV as DLC.
  • CrimsonMoonMistCrimsonMoonMist Joined: Posts: 478
    hey, was the KOFXIV tournament played on PS4 or PC? A lot of people wanna know.
    It could determine whether SNK has more faith in PC or PS4 for their products.

that is messed up no one at EVO was interested of the SSVSpecial booth. and they call themselves fighting game fans, who would ignore a Samurai Shodown at EVO? especially the Samurai Shodown that for so long was rare and censored on consoles?
    these days the FGC is too occupied with latest gen eye candy and graphics. well at least KOFXIV got attention, but it's absurd it's gonna take a new gen Samurai Shodown before people start acknowledging the series.

though maybe the PS4 and Vita scene will have a fanbase for SSV Special.
  • LoghornLoghorn Joined: Posts: 272
    edited July 18
    ChaudBlaze wrote: »
    So is NAMCO going to say eff it and make our CVS3 dreams a reality, because that's what I am seeing!

I highly doubt that we'll ever see a Capcom Vs. SNK 3, especially with Capcom having a bad relationship/partnership with SNK (not to mention that Capcom doesn't even have the talent like they used to have with fighting games back in '91-2001).

More likely, we'll possibly see something like this in the future instead:

http://nichegamer.com/2017/07/17/snk-dev-ponders-arc-system-works-vs-snk-crossover-fighter/
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero You will become a slave to your pleasu- erm... Functions. Joined: Posts: 2,850
    Geese and Susanno in the same game is just terrifying...
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai [Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, M. Raven, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

Considering the guy's dead before he get to see his son grow up so no chance
    And thanks a lot, Terry.

OBJECTION! According to what timeline???!!
    Both. His appearance in T7 quote Geese's from Fatal Fury and from that timeline, he's dead. If it's KOF, Rock's still a kid and he'd just like any other blonde kid Geese come across before stating his identity.

P/S: No, his appearance in XIV doesn't count because it's non-canon
  • LoghornLoghorn Joined: Posts: 272
    Except that Geese doesn't die in the KOF timeline.

If anything, it's teenaged Rock's appearance that's non-canon, especially since KOF XIV is the beginning of the 4th saga & that he's still a child in KOF.
  • MMakerMMaker Joined: Posts: 671
    Some crazy/strange skin MOD's in the PC ver.

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,763 mod
    Loghorn wrote: »
    ChaudBlaze wrote: »

I highly doubt that we'll ever see a Capcom Vs. SNK 3, especially with Capcom having a bad relationship/partnership with SNK (not to mention that Capcom doesn't even have the talent like they used to have with fighting games back in '91-2001).

More likely, we'll possibly see something like this in the future instead:

http://nichegamer.com/2017/07/17/snk-dev-ponders-arc-system-works-vs-snk-crossover-fighter/

Most vets probably wouldn't want a CvS3 anyway since there's little chance we can get a game that plays like CvS2. No way are we getting something like Roll Cancelling back, nor the same old grooves - the systems of both companies games have changed so much since then.
    affinity wrote: »
    hey, was the KOFXIV tournament played on PS4 or PC? A lot of people wanna know.
    It could determine whether SNK has more faith in PC or PS4 for their products.

that is messed up no one at EVO was interested of the SSVSpecial booth. and they call themselves fighting game fans, who would ignore a Samurai Shodown at EVO? especially the Samurai Shodown that for so long was rare and censored on consoles?
    these days the FGC is too occupied with latest gen eye candy and graphics. well at least KOFXIV got attention, but it's absurd it's gonna take a new gen Samurai Shodown before people start acknowledging the series.

though maybe the PS4 and Vita scene will have a fanbase for SSV Special.

PS4 is the tournament standard.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • TonberryKingTonberryKing Joined: Posts: 702
    I wouldn't want a CVS3 for the same reason I'm not to fond of the CVS series in general, and that reason is that capcom doesn't know how the SNK characters work and as a result botches them.

• MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,799
    Not to mention it would be like 18 characters in the "initial roster" and then other 10 as DLC. Damn Capcom...
    Geese with Rashomon in XIV would probably go up a tier with kara f+B as in RB2. I'd get rid of counter super and make Raging Storm a super, then add Rashomon as a Climax.
  • Be4rBe4r Joined: Posts: 302
    If CvS3 is made I have no faith that it would be anything different that what we have seen with capcoms recent games. Maybe TvCVs I rather have Harada making a 3 way fighter since has respect for the fans and his work is quality
    edited July 19
    So are Fatal Fury characters being whored out to every company/fighting games now that their franchise hasn't moved a muscle since Garou Mark of the Wolves?

• Rugal 3:16Rugal 3:16 Weisinger's disciple Joined: Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Has anyone watched the FT10 between Reynald and ET,

The video wasn't finished i was wondering if anyone knew who won and what the score was at the end, thanks.
    Kurt Buseik: I am a Marvelite at heart, and I like Thor. So it did pain me to see Thor go down. However, in the depths of my heart, I knew this was the way it should turn out. Not because Superman is THE icon, but because even a post-Crisis Superman would win. Many will bring up Thor's ability to create vortexes and all of the other neat tricks Mjolnir can do, but Thor's history is to head in fist and hammer first, and unless he is on the ropes, Thor rarely utilizes his other abilities. I did find Superman's recognition of Thor as maybe his single greatest opponent an appeasement in light of Superman having died at the hands of Doomsday.

"As for Superman and Thor, it's like he said -- where he comes from, the dials go up to eleven. Superman is stronger and faster, which is probably more about the scales of power in the universe he comes from, but it was enough to let him win a very tough battle. If they fought again tomorrow, it might go the other way. Since being more powerful doesn't make you a better character, I don't see it as a slight on Thor, just as the way things are..."
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,704
    I wouldn't want a CVS3 for the same reason I'm not to fond of the CVS series in general, and that reason is that capcom doesn't know how the SNK characters work and as a result botches them.

There's always a chance for SNK vs Capcom 2
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    It all comes down to what people really want to see, another game made by Capcom? That's impossible because bleeding talents aside, they've lost the ability to make their own game. Another one from SNK? Given how negative the first one is, the majority wouldn't want to support it and since SNK just got back, you can bet that they'll focus all their resource on strengthening their brand and IPs; past interviews showed their staffs coming up with various new idea/project they wanted to create for themself. Neo_G joined SNK because he wanted to create a new game and with his interest include Samsho, he might involve in that game too if it's ever got announced.

So neither companies are up to the task, which leave to a third party. Who'd want to fund AND develop a project that either of these two companies deem non-profitable and with zero reward. Bamco? They couldn't even make TvS right now, meanwhile their last main game got holed up these many years for nothing before coming to other platforms but ended up lackluster all the same. ASW? I'm sure they're too busy with all these upcoming announcement and if that article is true, they want no part of Capcom. The rest? I just can't see it.

Other way it could happen is through a crossover that isn't necessarily involve one or two companies, like PxZ but that isn't about the current subject anymore, it's about wanting these characters to appear in a same game no matter the cost and a game like that to me would be the same as if it was non-existent.

Of course, i'd want no part of it because i support SNK and want them to get up on their own two feet. You could say crossover, be it char or game, is like a crutch, it can help you walk to a certain degree but it's all depend on you to have the will and to take a step forward. SNK need to develop, announce, release and revive a lot of their titles for any of these crossovers to worth a damn. And this isn't just for their sake, it's also for others sake as well.
  • AirLancerAirLancer Just a touch of Honey Joined: Posts: 786
    edited July 19
    Maybe SNK's getting these FF characters out there not for KOF's sake, but because they're planning a new Fatal Fury...

Even that 3D KOF series seems to be centered around Fatal Fury.
    KOF XIV: Iori/Sylvie/Geese
    PSN: AirLancer
    Hit me up (when the patch drops).