KOF XIV General Discussion - KOF XIV: Special Anniversary Edition out in the Americas

Comments

• DwinDwin The Lily Warrior Joined: Posts: 597
    Other than balance changes and the leniency thing, what do you thing they'll fix in next month's patch?
    Okay, I was wrong.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,005 mod
    Dwin wrote: »
    Other than balance changes and the leniency thing, what do you thing they'll fix in next month's patch?
    They need to make it so that P1 and P2 have different cursors on the post fight screen, and that Order Select and Member Select get priority (should be Member Select > Order Select > Rematch).
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,872
    ^ godlike
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,005 mod
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    Make it so I don't have to pick my 3rd character order because it's dumb.
    I'm assuming that they made it so you have to pick your third character in order select so you can back out and cancel out of it
  • AmedoS310AmedoS310 Joined: Posts: 121
    Maybe verse's ending is canon along with some of the others and the next Kof finals will be in Australia.
    Same roles, different actors.
  • BronnBronn Joined: Posts: 436
    the real villain of kof14 is pachinko and gambling
    3s: Alex with the occasional hugo
    SFV: Alex, maybe urine
    KOF14: whoever, Ralf, Daimon
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,330
    d3v wrote: »
    I'm assuming that they made it so you have to pick your third character in order select so you can back out and cancel out of it

Okay well then give me back press start to pick my team in the order I selected them because I don't wanna push team order buttons.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,123
    d3v wrote: »

Okay well then give me back press start to pick my team in the order I selected them because I don't wanna push team order buttons.

First time I've heard a FG player say they DON'T want to press buttons. :coffee:
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,991
    I hope after KOF's big return to popularity, Namco and Capcom consider producing a game like this...

• NeloVergilNeloVergil Joined: Posts: 3,032
    Magegg wrote: »
    I hope after KOF's big return to popularity, Namco and Capcom consider producing a game like this...

Feng vs Gato is a thing that happens in my heart.

For people who don't know Feng:

PSN: NeloVergil8909
    CFN: KingII

"Growth creates repulsion, accelerate the growth!
    edited September 2016
    So far, KOF is crossing over with DOA, and I think also Virtua Fighter since some VF characters were in DOA. Hey, that's at least something...

But I hope Capcom and SNK can agree in doing a new CvS or SvC game.

I think I read KOF XIV producer said the next game will feature a third-party company team.

And Harada once said his dream was to make a game that crosses over as many fighting franchises as possible. Seeing that TKxSF is stalled and KOF is in its best shape in a decade, I hope he gives it a shot...

Capcom vs SNK 3 nah.
    Tekken x Street Fighter nah.
    Capcom vs SNK vs Namco would have like a bigger appeal and would be an instant buy because of being something so large we have never seen before.

I mean, fuck it. Bring Geese or Rugal into the next Tekken iteration. We already have Akuma, so bring it on!!
    I don't think SFvsTvsKOF can ever happen. Too many characters would have to be cut out from the roster is it would reach a retarded level of 70+ characters, that's just unrealistic
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    I don't think SFvsTvsKOF can ever happen. Too many characters would have to be cut out from the roster is it would reach a retarded level of 70+ characters, that's just unrealistic
    If it's done by SNK it wouldn't be a problem. They have added 52 characters to a brand new game, and they already have lots of models they can recycle.
    If it's done by SNK it wouldn't be a problem. They have added 52 characters to a brand new game, and they already have lots of models they can recycle.

Only if they are given proper refinements and the engine gets updated for the next game (whenever that's coming out), because right now some of the models looks straight up fucking awful
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• FrágmentFrágment Joined: Posts: 536
    Only if they are given proper refinements and the engine gets updated for the next game (whenever that's coming out), because right now some of the models looks straight up fucking awful
    Game's still well-received and selling.

Crossover fighting games have never been remembered for featured new and updated graphics, they recycle the most they can. See Capcom vs SNK 2 with A3 Sagat and DS3 Morrigan. See Street Fighter x Tekken.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,430
    edited September 2016
    Frágment wrote: »
    Game's still well-received and selling.

Crossover fighting games have never been remembered for featured new and updated graphics, they recycle the most they can. See Capcom vs SNK 2 with A3 Sagat and DS3 Morrigan. See Street Fighter x Tekken.

SFxT really can't even be compared to other crossovers when it comes to visuals.
    CvS2 merely had some mismatched aesthetics; the shoto/SNK character sprites were usually nice, but the Alpha-sprites and Morrigan didn't fit with that at all, and then they put that on 3D backgrounds so it looked really weird. However, at least this was functional.

Even though I'm one of the three people that actually still like SFxT, that game was... well. That.
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,781
    Hyun Sai wrote: »

Kyamei tier list popped too

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cs83X4qXEAA1SB3.jpg:large

SS : Nakoruru / K'
    S : Kim / Leona / Athena / Robert / Mature /Mai / Benimaru / Zarina
    A+ : Geese / Verse / Love Heart
    A : Iori / Chin / Shun Ei / Dinosaur / Mian / Luong / Kukri

I am really curious about the Verse tech. I have seen some koreans use him randomly and nothing great so I want to see.

I also want to see the reasoning about Robert. I wonder why they put him so high.

As for the rest, with the exception of Nakoruru, I agree.

And Kim is Top Tier again for sure. While not as strong as his 13 self, he ain't that far off and his cancel game is ridiculous from his options. And I agree with most of the rest. Once this stupid blackout situation goes away, I'll update shortly.

Robert is just a tool box. Command grab, solid zoning, Good damage overall, nice DP, good supers for zoning control, decent MAX Mode conversions.

If you have no idea who to put in your team you can throw in Robert and it's generally going to be a good idea.
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
  • Legend IILegend II Living Legend sequel. Joined: Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Good series between Madkof and Vash.

Best Kyo and Leona of the world against KOF's random select. Good series between them.

Never lose your dignity for anyone.
    KOF 14: Clark, Kula, Mai and Yuri, Ryuji, Terry
    Street Fighter 5: Laura, Abigail, Kolin
  • DiavleDiavle Joined: Posts: 642
    Good series between Madkof and Vash.

Best Kyo and Leona of the world against KOF's random select. Good series between them.

Thanks!

Lots of fanart and some original works: http://diavle.deviantart.com/

Have a peek if you have time :)
  • javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,241
    I dunno. For all the bullshit Nakoruru is supposed to be I've seen a surprisingly low amount of her in tournaments. Is this a gentlemen's agreement
    about not picking her? K's way more abundant than her.

It is going to feel that the Nakoruru nerfs were more about hating the top tier waifu than achieving balance. Since her getting boned by SNK developers is a fact at this point, I hope they have some nice surprise buffs at the ready for Sylvie, Clark, Daimon and Vice [/grappler bias]
  • Legend IILegend II Living Legend sequel. Joined: Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 2016
    EmblemLord wrote: »
    Robert is just a tool box. Command grab, solid zoning, Good damage overall, nice DP, good supers for zoning control, decent MAX Mode conversions.

If you have no idea who to put in your team you can throw in Robert and it's generally going to be a good idea.

I'm comparing notes and while Robert is certainly the best he's ever been in this series since 97, Kyamei has Robert as Top 10 and #6.

Currently I have them as K', Leona, Athena, Geese, Mature, Mai, Benimaru, Nakoruru, Kim, Chin, Andy and Goro all as Top Tier, then Robert as Upper Mid and #12. I think that's a good place for him and he certainly is very solid but to rank him as close to Top 5, maybe I'm overlooking something.

And I think Robert is best at the middle. His Level 3 is whatever and Max conversions for the most part allow for one successful combo conversion. Also, nothing really abusable from his EX like Mature so second is the ideal place for him. He's a good point as well but at second he has those RR at the ready which make him more of a threat.

I still want to see Verse in action and preferably against good competition. Very curious about his placing.
    Never lose your dignity for anyone.
    KOF 14: Clark, Kula, Mai and Yuri, Ryuji, Terry
    Street Fighter 5: Laura, Abigail, Kolin
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,815
    The general consensus I've been hearing so far about playing Verse is DON'T.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,149
    Some good players are placing him high in tier lists lately so maybe people found something good for him.
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,558
    Verse is not a bad character, he's kinda like Sagat but with that armor far D that kinda good. He has basic oki which is just hitting rdp+A then getting a safe hop set up into high/low back into itself. Damage can output thanks to OTG super. My friend Solacracy found some cool corner reset stuff using EX Bubble for a pretty ambiguous left/right mix up. His buttons are alright, and it's kinda cool he can cancel f.B into stuff as he touches the ground so you can air to air or low crush someone into rdp+A.

I don't think he's anywhere near ST Akuma to say don't, and doesn't dominate the cast in a way like how abundant 3s Chun is; but he's not bottom tier either and people on week 1/2 who put him there are really dumb.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,123
    I think it's about time I join the battle. It's been far too long. I just have to somehow get to a store.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • LoghornLoghorn Joined: Posts: 298
    edited September 2016
    I hope Capcom and SNK can agree in doing a new CvS or SvC game.

Only if SNK is in charge behind the development & not Capcom. Otherwise, fuck that.

Capcom will heavily nerf the SNK characters to high heaven just in order to make their characters "much stronger than SNK's" just like with the entire Capcom Vs. SNK series. And they'll also make SNK's characters look incredibly ridiculous just like with both the Street Fighter IV series & SF V.

I agree. Now that they have made 50 characters (& another Kyo skin) in 3D, SNK should really take the time to get more experience in 3D graphics so that they can update the models, add lighting, etc. for the returning characters as well as for other characters that they'll add for KOF XV just so that people won't be saying something like, "This game has "PS2 graphics" just like XIV," etc.
    Post edited by Loghorn on
  • CriticalHitXVICriticalHitXVI Joined: Posts: 11
    edited September 2016
    My only gripe with this game is the lack of recovery on everything. You know how people say Guile would be broken if he wasn't a charge character? That's pretty much most of the fireballs in this game. And I hate how people can completely whiff a jump in and then still immediately grab you after landing.
    EDIT : Dumb comment. I just need to level up at KOF lol
    Post edited by CriticalHitXVI on
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,558
    but fireballs ain't even as good as 98 or 02
  • Chizuru_Youko96Chizuru_Youko96 Joined: Posts: 280
    @Miðgarðsorm Thanks for the translation, man :)

• Bubba_da_geniusBubba_da_genius Nerd, FGC Scrub, and Genius Joined: Posts: 841
    Frágment wrote: »
    If you could add:
    1) A new team (a pre-existing one in the KOF mythos)
    2) Three random characters

Which ones would you choose?
    My choices would be:
    1) Agents team - Mary, Vanessa, Seth
    2) Mary, Adelheid, Ash

1) New faces/Orochi team- Yashiro, Chris, and Shermie
    2) Duck King, K9999, and B. Jenet
    I'm a Scrub who likes grapplers
    KoFXIV- Leona/Vice/King of Dinosaurs
    SFV- Zangief(Main)/Urien/Mika
    BBCF- Bullet(Main)/ Iron Tager

PSN/Fightcade =BubbaDaGenius