KOF XIV General Discussion - King of Fighters XIV Arcade Ver. Burn 2 Fight cabinets from Taito!

Comments

• SeikerSeiker ♡ 眼鏡 ♡ Joined: Posts: 716
    Oh uhh I've been meaning to ask. Do you guys have a Discord server? If not, would any of you be up for joining one? Can use it to ask each other for games more easily or just talk and whatnot. Nothing special.

I can make it. I'll even throw a contest for who gets to be mod! ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Kidding, I won't do that. But yeah, SRK KoF Discord server; Yes? No?
    The other day, I saw a shooting star
    I made a wish, and I wished for you
    to get hit by the star.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,327
    You can look up Dream Cancel for Discord servers if you wish. There are a lot of people I know from there that are willing to help folks improve at KOFXIV. There is also KOF98UMFE, KOF02UM, and (now) KOFXIV Ranbats/Online Events between the players there.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV
    Kyo / Luong / Geese [Mai, Shun, Benimaru, Leona, Terry, Mian, Mui Mui]

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7
    Eliza [Xiaoyu, Geese, Jin, Lars, Lee, M.Raven]

BBCF
    Hakumen [Azrael, Nine, Makoto]

SFV ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• shojushoju Joined: Posts: 187
    Bronn wrote: »
    I like Terry a lot. Don't play him, but he seems like a very fun and fluid character.

I think the one suggested change that rubs me the most is....lower damage output. Are you serious? That's one of the best things about the game imo. If I fuck up vs someone with 3+ bars, I expect fireworks.

I hate that sort of thing and with some characters you can do major damage with 2 bars. It gets worse if you can do it off of a 50/50 and then leave them in another guessing game. I also feel that can make some characters a bit one dimensional. Fish for the giant combo.

I like 2002's system. Activating into BC/Max mode is 1 bar but cancelling into it is 2 bars and there's more push back and no automatic run in.
  • LoghornLoghorn Joined: Posts: 304
    edited October 2016
    You can look up Dream Cancel for Discord servers if you wish. There are a lot of people I know from there that are willing to help folks improve at KOFXIV. There is also KOF98UMFE, KOF02UM, and (now) KOFXIV Ranbats/Online Events between the players there.

I'm curious, how can we play against people in KOF 2002: UM the same way that we can play against people on KOF '98 in Fightcade & KOF XIV on PS4?
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,327
    Loghorn wrote: »

I'm curious, how can we play against people in KOF 2002: UM the same way that we can play against people on KOF '98 in Fightcade & KOF XIV on PS4?

Hm. Ask the folks at Dream Cancel and figure it out. They do periodically host small time events for the said game for Steam.
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• DiavleDiavle Joined: Posts: 644
    edited October 2016
    I really, really hope they fix Joe's command normals, at least one of them should be guaranteed against crouchers.

Right now, foward+LK misses against crouchers 100% of the time.

Back+LK hits crouchers but only at very close range. You can easily whiff against crouchers on block and even on hit if the close normal doesn't connect at pretty much point blank range.

Lots of fanart and some original works: http://diavle.deviantart.com/

Have a peek if you have time :)
  • TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Mobility Spammer~ Joined: Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Diavle wrote: »
    I really, really hope they fix Joe's command normals, at least one of them should be guaranteed against crouchers.

Right now, foward+LK misses against crouchers 100% of the time.

Back+LK hits crouchers but only at very close range. You can easily whiff against crouchers on block and even on hit if the close normal doesn't connect at pretty much point blank range.

Yeah I'm disappointed in how Joe turned out. his zoning is better thanks to him having his Dp again and his has b+B but they really killed his blockstrings and juggles (outside of the dumb bakurestuken stun juggle which will probably get patched).

You know Joe is kinda bleh when even Haregoro can't get anything going with him :/
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]

[Mian/Ralf/Meitenkun | MonsterHunter/Jedah | Gotenks/#21/Caulifla]
    [Eliza | StarFire | Menat | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,479
    edited October 2016
    El Rosa for president.

edit: aw dang
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,507
    lol he had it
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Affinity is just a rouge program sent out by the bot program known as Emil.
    That Iori Climax though...
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,967 mod
    What's your reasoning for Kensou in upper mid? He's actually not meh tier for once?

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Hyun SaiHyun Sai Joined: Posts: 530
    Really nice tournament, I especially liked the El Rosa VS Violent Kain match in losers.

Otherwise, as as suspected, optimized Nakoruru and Love are terrifying to see, props to Kyamei showing that.

Ah, I also can't believe how cancerous the chat is. If it's amateurs playing, it's smart ass and snarky remarks. When it's tournament time, it's talking shit non stop about other games. Had to turn it off after a minute.
    Hyun Sai wrote: »
    Really nice tournament, I especially liked the El Rosa VS Violent Kain match in losers.

Otherwise, as as suspected, optimized Nakoruru and Love are terrifying to see, props to Kyamei showing that.

Ah, I also can't believe how cancerous the chat is. If it's amateurs playing, it's smart ass and snarky remarks. When it's tournament time, it's talking shit non stop about other games. Had to turn it off after a minute.

I've been leaving the chat feature off for that very reason. A lot of uneducated opinions among other weird things. And, if you think that is terrible, wait until you see the Green Game Land chat (Korean, High Level Tekken stream).
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,163
    edited October 2016
    Tung is nowhere near as bad as Chang or Sylvie. His shou-ha could use more range but he's a solid character, mid tier IMO. Good easy damage, safe specials, decent corner pressure, good kara normals, super is a great reversal.
  • BronnBronn Joined: Posts: 450
    I think Tung is definitely the poster child of mid-tier, and I'd say Kula dead center upper-mid.
    3s: Alex with the occasional hugo
    SFV: Alex, G.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,134 mod
    Anyone know who's actively making content (combo videos, tutorials, etc.) for KOFXIV? I wanna put more stuff on the front page.
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,507
    lol this Kyamei dude was beasting, he won another 4 tournaments + KOF XIV
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Affinity is just a rouge program sent out by the bot program known as Emil.
    d3v wrote: »
    Anyone know who's actively making content (combo videos, tutorials, etc.) for KOFXIV? I wanna put more stuff on the front page.

Try Gato_Ray. Almost every time I get on twitter, this man is always caught up on some sort of combo video, tech, or specific matches from the Asian region.
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• DiavleDiavle Joined: Posts: 644
    edited October 2016
    d3v wrote: »

This guy is making an intro guide/tutorial for each character: https://www.youtube.com/user/Coliflowerz/videos

This one is working on quick combo guides: https://www.youtube.com/user/13yuux2/videos
    Lots of fanart and some original works: http://diavle.deviantart.com/

Have a peek if you have time :)
  • digos25digos25 SENZU BEAN! Joined: Posts: 623
    Using Geese, Ryo, Iori, do you guys think this is a good order for this team?
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,866
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

I really do think she should be required to use EX reflect to bounce back projectiles that are EX level or super level.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,420
    Reflecting projectile dms is satisfying as hell, should definitely be left in.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • digos25digos25 SENZU BEAN! Joined: Posts: 623
    @Great_Dark_Hero thanks, I started using Geese on point to learn him better since he isn't in alot of Kofs and he is a bit different from other games like FF, CVS or the Kofs he was in, now I know I to use him at a decent lvl and it's true that he can be scary with 3 bars, I might switch him to 2 and Ryo to 1, the good thing about middle Ryo is that he whold have 2 bars to work with when you got to him but Geese might have a better pay off and Ryo with 1 bar can be scary (Geese can to). The prob that I noticed by using middle Ryo is like you said, some match ups can be hard to deal with him, people use middle/anchor chars that Geese and Iori deal with ok or don't struggle has hard.
  • LoghornLoghorn Joined: Posts: 304
    It's ridiculous how people are saying to "nerf Nakoruru" when it has more to do with how the player is using her & has had lots of practice of using her better.
    People complain so much about her yet we don't see her winning everything as people seem to believe. Maybe just maybe some are overreacting... Maybe.
    edited October 2016
    You can't really win everything regardless of how good a character is 2 months into a game. Zero was braindead, easily top tier and easily needed nerfing, but it still took him nearly a year after the second version of Marvel 3 for people to really see the results of what was being said for almost 2 years.

Plus team based games allow more room for lower tiers to win early on. You can just stack one with 2 other good characters as long as you are making good reads and playing well.

Nako clearly needs to be nerfed, but just enough so that she isn't a character that you need almost zero KOF knowledge to win with. Then she'll still be really good but be punished for sloppy play easier.
    It's ridiculous how people are saying to "nerf Nakoruru" when it has more to do with how the player is using her & has had lots of practice of using her better.

SNK themselves have admitted that they fucked up with her.

There's no argument at this point. If the developers who wanted to game to be about "really strong characters" is nerfing her, then she's too strong.
    Post edited by DevilJin 01 on

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

The nerfs necessary for Nako are small, and generally not what people complain about. SNK specifically mentioned her due to all the bitching from inexperiencied players... She's not even the best character, just easy to use for how strong she is.
    Small, big, medium nerfs, she's getting nerfed to some degree, yes.

As should K and Athena hopefully, since they have much stronger bullshit. But people complain about Nako bird cling lol.
  • BronnBronn Joined: Posts: 450
    I hope besides nerfs Athena also gets her classic costume. There's something very delightfully 90's about a psychic girl training for the apocalypse. Kensou too.
    3s: Alex with the occasional hugo
    SFV: Alex, G.
  • Legend IILegend II Living Legend sequel. Joined: Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This weekend's China's KOF tournament Top 8.

Deviljin and Cronopio, I'll get back to you a little bit later. Been busy with work but I'll get back to you on Kensou and Tung.

Take care guys.
    Never lose your dignity for anyone.
    MvCI: Gamora/Thanos, Gamora/Sigma
    KOF 14: Clark, Kula, Mai and Yuri, Ryuji, Terry
    Street Fighter 5: Laura, Abigail, Kolin
  • teddy2142teddy2142 Joined: Posts: 10

SNK themselves have admitted that they fucked up with her.

They specifically cited the bird eating DM projectiles as them having too much fun making moves strong. Coincidentally that's one of the only things I'd change about her since she isn't completely dominating tourneys.