KOF XIV General Discussion - feat. Rock Howard! "I battle my destiny! I just can't lose!"

Comments

• hisogahisoga Joined: Posts: 59
    edited April 13
    I keep getting hate over how I play kof. This dude kept saying I have to stop playing this"stop and wait SF noob style."

Just ignore him. Rushdown is just one of many ways to play kof.

Post edited by hisoga on
  • ChaudBlazeChaudBlaze The C is for Chaud Joined: Posts: 447
    I keep getting hate over how I play kof. This dude kept saying I have to stop playing this"stop and wait SF noob style."

A fight is just a fight only you can be satisfied with the way you fight.
  • Legend IILegend II Living Legend sequel. Joined: Posts: 2,345
    I keep getting hate over how I play kof. This dude kept saying I have to stop playing this"stop and wait SF noob style.

Why do you care?

If it's working, then keep doing it. If they keep losing to your tactics, that's none of your business.

Never lose your dignity for anyone.
    KOF 14: Clark, Ryuji, Mai and Kula, Terry, Andy
    Street Fighter 5: Laura, Guile
  • cktckt Joined: Posts: 39
    ckt wrote: »
    Stages I like to see as DLC:

Japan 95'
    kof95-stage-japan.gif
    China 95'
    kof95-stage-china.gif
    Masters 98'
    latest?cb=20100720021911
    Park (Kyo ver.) 99'
    kof99-stage-park3-animate.gif
    France XIII
    KOF-XIII-Paris-France-Stage.jpg

Non-KOF
    Universal Arena (MotW)
    garou-markofthewolves-background-tizoc.gif
    Siesta Cafe (AoF3)
    aof3-siesta-cafe.gif
    Forgotten Forest (Last Blade 2)
    lastblade2-forgotten-forest-stage.gif
    I just LOVE this stage!

What stages do ya want as DLC?
    KOF XIV Teams: Main Team ( Billy, Yamazaki, Geese ), 2nd Team ( Kim, Mai, Rock )

Charater/DLC Wishlist
    KOF XIV: Rock Howard, Yamazaki, Ash Crimson, Shermie, Ninon Beart, Gai Tendou, Kasumi, Shingo
    MvC Infinity
    CAPCOM Jin, Captain Commando, Mega Man Zero, Frost Walrus (MMX3), Talbain, Q Bee, Lady (DMC), Kenji, Tessa, Samanosuke (Onimusha),
    MARVEL Deadpool, Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Loki, Agent Venom, Doctor Octopus, Gwenpool, Kraven the Hunter,
  • samirerresamirerre Joined: Posts: 136
    I wonder how the tier list would look like now with all those changes.
  • TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Mobility Spammer~ Joined: Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    samirerre wrote: »
    I wonder how the tier list would look like now with all those changes.

More or less the same but with more characters in the high/high-mid area.
    Atm I think the S tier isn't there anymore, all the strong characters are more or less the same tier now as the gap isn't enough to make an S tier.
    Mai, Robert and Leona are still beast but they got toned down a bit to make the tier list closer.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
    [Mian/Gang-il/Meitenkun | Ralf/Yamazaki/K' | Kensou/Vice/Geese]
    [Lucky Chloe | Poison Ivy | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]
    [Saiki/Ralf/Vice | PainWheel/Cerebella/Eliza]
    edited April 15
    Is been a while.

More or less the same but with more characters in the high/high-mid area.
    Atm I think the S tier isn't there anymore, all the strong characters are more or less the same tier now as the gap isn't enough to make an S tier.
    Mai, Robert and Leona are still beast but they got toned down a bit to make the tier list closer.

Robert isn't Top Tier anymore.

Jury is still out if he falls in High Tier.
  • HadokingHadoking The ReoGeo Successor Joined: Posts: 1,135
    That feeling when the new update kills the thread instead of revitalizing it.

Anyway, when is Evo again? I remember there was that thing with smash where a dlc character was banned because he was near the tournament date.
    Everyone can have an opinion, only yours doesn't matter.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,712 mod
    It's too early for any characters to be banned at Evo.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

d3v wrote: »

I meant because of how close to Evo they were released. The dlc character I talked about was banned because people didny have rnough time to adapt to what the character could do.
  • BootyWarriorBootyWarrior Joined: Posts: 128
    Lol we ain't smashers.
    KOFXIV: Shun'ei/Kensou/Iori Yagami
    Characters on the side: Kyo, Maxima, Mature, Ryo, K', Whip.
    Alarm wrote: »
    I also listen to the 2001 OST daily.
  • TonberryKingTonberryKing Joined: Posts: 627
    I'm still learning KOF but if anyone wants any games sometime I play KOF98 on fightcade and KOFXIV.

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,712 mod
    Hadoking wrote: »

I meant because of how close to Evo they were released. The dlc character I talked about was banned because people didny have rnough time to adapt to what the character could do.

Again, it's too early for any characters released for KoFXIV to be banned at Evo, since it's still April and Evo is in July.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• Running WildRunning Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane Joined: Posts: 3,162

Didn't Evo let Ibuki and Balrog roll in SFV? And those characters were released right before Evo if I recall.

YouTube Channel - All sorts of random vidya's of fighting games and shit.
    Stream - Watch me bad in various classic fighting games.
    RB2: Xiangfei, Cheng, Mary
    KOF98UM: Mature/Geese/EX-King
    LB2: Yuki, Washizuka, Hibiki
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Mai Goddess Milkshake Joined: Posts: 2,678
    edited April 16
    Okay.
    Whip's 4A. The thing about this move is that it has a somewhat deceptive hitbox. It hits pretty far away. Right? It also combos from 2B which can also be useful in theory. The problem with 4A however is that other characters can punish it, even if it hits successfully at point blank range or even at a slightly further range. For example, Iori's EX Maiden Masher will still collide with Whip if she smacks him with 4A. The best idea is to use 2B and then leave it at that. 2B can cancel into special moves. 4A may have it uses at further distances, if you are trying to play a bit of keep away.

Other options at the midrange range would include 2C, which causes a knockdown state. Obviously it operates like a sweep but it covers quite a bit of range but it also does not hit directly in front of her. The opponent would have to be further away. This can be useful against opponents who like to press buttons from a longer ranges. Whip's jumping light normals are helpful, even if you are trying to go for a combo.

Several days ago, I also realized that you can super cancel the first hit of her 41236C.

Whip gets an easy 500+ damage combo from close C, even in first position. She can also get a bit more if she catches a whiff or performs a punish with 63214B.

Sample:
    63214B *link* close C, 6AAAA Mac close C, 63214AC, 41236C *first hit super cancel* = 500+ damage (half life or a little above half life on most characters).

Another thing the player needs to be careful about is "how" they end their combos. After scoring a light normal or a close C, close D, or 2D, it would probably be wise to end the combo with 6AAAAA or just stop where you are if the opponent is already in the corner. Several of Whip's attacks cause her to change places between herself and her opponent.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Shun / Mai / Beni [Luong, Geese, Sylvie, Kyo, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai[Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: ???
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

Yeah!!!

Both Norcal and Hypespotting have been awesome for KOF this weekend.
  • pat728pat728 The best Doom Joined: Posts: 733
    Anyone else still playing Robert or have thoughts on how to adjust his gameplan now? The universal max mode speed really hurts his max mode conversions. Before the patch the patch his conversions just always worked from everywhere with sloppy timing. It was great. Now you actually gotta adjust based on how far you are. That's madness. If I wanted to do that I would have mained one of the other 53 characters but now I have no choice. Something about getting quick max into far C with Robert just feels sad. Despite all of this I just can't see Robert not still being amazing. He still has his great fireball, amazing normals, amazing anti airs, a real dp, and overhead, a divekick, a command grab, and solid damage. For conversions now sometimes you just have to recognize you can only get 2 lights sometimes or even just 1. At max range s.B he can still convert with max straight into EX tatsu or max into cr.B EX tatsu, although this does lead to less damage than before. The other adjustment is that I think the quick max change hurts him the least on point and the most on anchor so I think he's best towards the start of a team now. Gone are the days of hitting someone with a light attack at any distance and then they gotta catch 500 damage, but this matters the least on point. What do you guys think?
    UMVC3: Morrigan/Doom/Arthur, Morrigan/Vergil/Strider
    Midwest
    Youtube Channel
  • ursulaursula Joined: Posts: 131
    edited April 17

Over here we call the turtles "campers"

Their favourite position: crouching
  • KensouADVKensouADV Joined: Posts: 340
    Is there some youtube footage from NCR or Hypespotting aside from the grand finals? Well, at least, I can download from twitch if not.
    KensouADV wrote: »
    Is there some youtube footage from NCR or Hypespotting aside from the grand finals? Well, at least, I can download from twitch if not.

How do you download something from twitch?

How do you download something from twitch?
    https://github.com/Franiac/TwitchLeecher/releases

Livestreams from twitch works poorly here and VOD are not all that reliable.
  • DiavleDiavle Joined: Posts: 606
    ottomatic wrote: »
    Stopping to grab some breakfast on my way home from NCR. Had a good time getting beasted on stream by Reynald (they misspelled my handle). Shout outs to Laban, good to see you again. Over the course of the weekend I switched Bandeiras and Ralfs placement on my team and I'll be keeping Sylvie as an alt anchor for people who give too much respect and let me close in. Hope you all had a good Easter weekend as well.

I was wondering if that was you, great work against Reynald!

For a moment there I legit thought you would send him to losers.
    Lots of fanart and some original works: http://diavle.deviantart.com/

Have a peek if you have time :)
  • ReijiReiji Joined: Posts: 166
    I love using Terry right now. His rising tackle sucks but the rest is legit.
    You don't deserve to know my name !
    edited April 19
    Well, she's got some damage now:

Also, Hypespotting 6 VOD:

I downloaded every match if anybody want it.
    Well, she's got some damage now:

Also, Hypespotting 6 VOD:

I downloaded every match if anybody want it.

Your link shows nothing.
    edited April 19
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,249
    New mobile game thing.
    SNK has been pumping fuck out of spin-off projects as of late. Their mobile projects are definitely not for me but it's pretty great they've been pushing their franchises so hard as of late (especially KOF which is getting a crap ton of stuff on the side along with the major release/updating of 14).
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • X_SwordX_Sword -+FGs, Art, and Beats+- Joined: Posts: 1,748
    Thanks for the tip from a while ago guys. Got a little better at understanding the game a bit

This game makes me think if this game is tied to MotW in any way. Did Tizoc become KoD before or after this game? After beating beating Andy with Rock, you get a reference quote to Hokutomaru so i'm assuming this is after MotW
    --TurntheHeadphonesUp--
    Steam:X_Sword
    swxrdz.deviantart.com
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,268
    Laban with the heel heat, trolling and thuggery lol

• LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    X_Sword wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip from a while ago guys. Got a little better at understanding the game a bit

This game makes me think if this game is tied to MotW in any way. Did Tizoc become KoD before or after this game? After beating beating Andy with Rock, you get a reference quote to Hokutomaru so i'm assuming this is after MotW

Considering KOF takes place in a timeline that's independent from FF/AOF, the events are unclear
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,021
    edited April 19
    New mobile game thing.
    SNK has been pumping fuck out of spin-off projects as of late. Their mobile projects are definitely not for me but it's pretty great they've been pushing their franchises so hard as of late (especially KOF which is getting a crap ton of stuff on the side along with the major release/updating of 14).

Whoa that game actually looks kinda pretty. Well except for Andy (again)Can we have that artstyle for KOFXV?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • ursulaursula Joined: Posts: 131
    Watch this if you think female characters don't amount to much!

• UkioUkio Old School Noob Joined: Posts: 153
    Hey! At least could buy this game (Yes. I know. My life is kinda sad). Just had time to get one run at the arcade mode (Team Southtown, of course. Geese is an honorable man who cares for the well being of the Southtown citizens, who can't be bothered by Bogard vagabonds and other people of bad reputation).
    It seemed kinda easy, but fun to play. Still too many characters to try.

Sad thing? You can't buy DLC characters on europe. WTF, SNK? Give us effing Yamazaki, right now!
  • TonberryKingTonberryKing Joined: Posts: 627
    After months of grinding I'm finally at a point where I know how to play KOF. It definitely was a hard adaptation process since I'm mainly a SF guy but I can see why so many people have a good time with the kof games. If there was a single compliant I have with the engine it's that it would be really cool if KOF games had 2-button throws. I don't like rolls and how evasive they can make some players, I would rather much see it replaced with 2-button throws which imo would make mix-ups stronger.
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,538
    But you would weaken command throw + normal throw OS mix ups for grapplers and hop reads would blow up throws so hard that the risk and reward for throws would be skewed into not using throws. Just look at a roll and hold forward and a heavy attack, either you throw it or punish the recovery with a normal.
  • ReijiReiji Joined: Posts: 166
    Ukio wrote: »
    Hey! At least could buy this game (Yes. I know. My life is kinda sad). Just had time to get one run at the arcade mode (Team Southtown, of course. Geese is an honorable man who cares for the well being of the Southtown citizens, who can't be bothered by Bogard vagabonds and other people of bad reputation).
    It seemed kinda easy, but fun to play. Still too many characters to try.

Sad thing? You can't buy DLC characters on europe. WTF, SNK? Give us effing Yamazaki, right now!

I live in France and I have DLC characters.
    You don't deserve to know my name !