KOF XIV General Discussion - KOF XIV: Special Anniversary Edition out in the Americas

Comments

• K_The_SupremeK_The_Supreme TOD expert Joined: Posts: 285
    IAmYagami wrote: »
    I hope the netcode is fixed. Hear loads of people complaining about slow-mo matches and have been overpowered with them. Such a shame that in 2016 people can't get stable connection worldwide.

it's probably going to be better, even though the reviews for the online have been pretty good
    my mains(and your nightmares)

kof xiv:(planned)kyo/iori/angel/geese/gang-il/billy/k'

tekken 7(if i even get into it):kazuya/jin/hwoarang

bbcf:ragna/terumi/naoto/azrael/hazama
  • Allstar_ApologistAllstar_Apologist Joined: Posts: 336
    yeah i tried some matches online felt kind of underwater
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero It's time for Halloween. Where dem succubus functions? Joined: Posts: 3,142
    God damn...!
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Luong / Mai [Beni, MuiMui, Whip, Geese, Shun, Leona, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Nyotengu [Mai]
    Tekken 7: Jin [Xiaoyu, Eliza, M. Raven, Lee, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ??? (Cammy, Menat, Ryu, Bison, Ibuki)
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• Chizuru_Youko96Chizuru_Youko96 Joined: Posts: 271
    Second part of Famitsu interview:
    http://www.mmcafe.com/news/posts/10212.html
    Goodbye those baseless rumor about the new Samsho

P/S: I noticed this in the last interview but what did they mean by "not having the environment to do 3D graphics"?
  • QuixoticNeutralQuixoticNeutral Joined: Posts: 1,254
    Dinosaur-sama lives!
  • AlarmAlarm Joined: Posts: 97
    John Crawley nearly made it in? I'd like to see him make a comeback.
  • DiavleDiavle Joined: Posts: 641
    P/S: I noticed this in the last interview but what did they mean by "not having the environment to do 3D graphics"?

As in they didn't have the tech and staff in place to make games in 3D, especially console level.

So they had to build the team and engine from scratch pretty much.
    Lots of fanart and some original works: http://diavle.deviantart.com/

Have a peek if you have time :)
  • Mycah LeonhartMycah Leonhart The Pope of Bootyism Joined: Posts: 1,028
    So it went from "OMG, Good netcode!" to "OMG this netcode sucks"

Which is true?
    R.I.P. Nate Hunt - Gone but never forgotten.
    Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens.......
    Netplay Fix = http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=214258&p=8269146
  • Sir_Bumble_BeeSir_Bumble_Bee Joined: Posts: 83
    So it went from "OMG, Good netcode!" to "OMG this netcode sucks"

Which is true?

Someone people suspect the game has sync issues. As in, one player will experience a flawless match while the other is playing in bullet time. I've heard that the netcode itself has potential to be great, but SNK has a bit of work to do in order to make it consistent.

In other words, needs more patches
  • digos25digos25 PIMBA PIMBA PIMBA Joined: Posts: 587
    Have people used Antonov? Does he look good and wath moves does he have?
  • Bubba_da_geniusBubba_da_genius Nerd, FGC Scrub, and Genius Joined: Posts: 841
    Buff city for ya boi KoD. Let's got my Dinoboyz.
    Also does anybody know what changed? I won't be able to test stuff out until like 5 in the afternoon
    I'm a Scrub who likes grapplers
    KoFXIV- Leona/Vice/King of Dinosaurs
    SFV- Zangief(Main)/Urien/Mika
    BBCF- Bullet(Main)/ Iron Tager

PSN/Fightcade =BubbaDaGenius
    Get scooped chump
    Buff city for ya boi KoD. Let's got my Dinoboyz.
    Also does anybody know what changed? I won't be able to test stuff out until like 5 in the afternoon

Check out TSS Atma's twitter for details
    https://twitter.com/TSSAtma

But yeah, we're playing with 98 speed now lol
  • TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Mobility Spammer~ Joined: Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 2016
    Fffffffff godamn patch, I was almost done but now I'll have to re-do a lot of sections in the guide video <___>
    i don't like the idea of having footage of old jumps and walkspeeds when it's supposed to show you how to play the current game..
    It's also dumb that there's no patch notes or nothing of the sort, i get that we werent supposed to play the game before the "day 1 patch" but shit let me know what changed at least.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]

[Mian/Ralf/Meitenkun | Ghost Rider/Jedah | Gotenks/#21/Caulifla]
    [Eliza | StarFire | Menat | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]
    I feel like little to no patch notes is a Japanese thing. They want you to play the game and discover things on your own rather than being told (?). Hell, when a new balance update for Smash comes out, they're not even told about it lol
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,403
    With some luck there will be a couple of local players willing to actually play XIV, if only for a few weeks.

Not sure who I'll be picking. Benimaru and Iori are very likely to end up on my team, but I'm uncertain about the 3rd character. Currently leaning on "whoever has the most retarded fireball-game", or maybe Leona. But who knows.
    Edit: kinda ironic considering how this game was supposed to tone KoF down for new players to get into.

There are very, very few post-SF4 fighting games where the developer hasn't said something similar to that about their game, and it turned out completely wrong. Fuck, SF4 itself was probably the worst offender there.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,403
    Laban wrote: »
    Laban wrote: »
    And people are still sleeping on Daimon. They'll see soon enough

what will we see!?!?!

down forward, see

...well played.
  • DiavleDiavle Joined: Posts: 641
    I feel like little to no patch notes is a Japanese thing. They want you to play the game and discover things on your own rather than being told (?). Hell, when a new balance update for Smash comes out, they're not even told about it lol

It's a full on day 1 balance patch, they don't have to detail it tbh in this case because what was playable before this were numerous old builds and a demo.

With the patch it's basically the first legit full version of the game.
    Lots of fanart and some original works: http://diavle.deviantart.com/

Have a peek if you have time :)
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,977
    AOF's ending is definitely the worst I've ever seen in my life...
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 2016
    Magegg wrote: »
    AOF's ending is definitely the worst I've ever seen in my life...

lol yep i feel for Ryo and Butt with that one...

Im a bit confused about the general ending
    36 characters that have died during the kof sagas have been resurrected? how da hell can ash come back he was written out of existence with no one remembering him (except maybe elizabeth???!) Is this gonna be a big retcon?
  • NiiobuNiiobu Arcana Blart 3: LOVE MALL!!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,033
    edited August 2016
    The dark days of Kyokugenryu are upon us. :sad:
    The catalyst is BBQ :sad:
    dn3000 wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused about the general ending
    Pretty sure it's a misunderstanding somehow going around that 36 people were resurrected... watch the Ikari ending, it says "36 hours since people were resurrected"
    About Ash we don't know yet. Nakoruru suggests the existence of Verse was caused by mishaps in time and space, maybe because of the ending of XIII
    Freeobu
    lol I guess Takuma, robert and yuri will quit KOF to run the bbq... can we get a new aof team? Ryo, butt/marco and king...maybe??
  • HussardHussard Joined: Posts: 108
    lol I guess Takuma, robert and yuri will quit KOF to run the bbq... can we get a new aof team? Ryo, butt/marco and king...maybe??

That's what I took away from it. Seems Ryo was left behind even though he became dojo master. Weird turn of events, but it fits with the quirky slice-of-life style this team's story is known for.

Anyway, Marco for XV!
  • FrágmentFrágment Joined: Posts: 536
    I'd like a Robert/King/Butt team.

But for what it looks like, maybe we can have a new Garou Team instead: Jenet, Gato and Butt. Butt could replace Tizoc as the powerhouse character, now that the wrestler has become King of Dinosaurs and I don't think he will resume his good path anytime soon.
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Naeras wrote: »
    With some luck there will be a couple of local players willing to actually play XIV, if only for a few weeks.

I'm trying to generate interest on a local level, but so far the response has been "DOSE GRAPHICS ADKJAKJSHADSFHSJKLDA :dizzy: "

It looks like I'll have to be content playing with the 2002/13 old farts in my area, as usual.
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,558
    Obv new AOF team will be Ryo, Jack Turner, and John Crawley.
  • PendulumSwingPendulumSwing Joined: Posts: 167
  • ToreyBeansToreyBeans I'mma make u buy me lunch later! Joined: Posts: 737
    4neqs wrote: »

I'm trying to generate interest on a local level, but so far the response has been "DOSE GRAPHICS ADKJAKJSHADSFHSJKLDA :dizzy: "

It looks like I'll have to be content playing with the 2002/13 old farts in my area, as usual.

Just show them this:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-king-of-fighters-xiv

My best friend was dead set against there game solely cuz graphics. But then showed him the collector's edition pics and Metacritic and he changed his opinion pretty fast.
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,558
    4neqs wrote: »

Just show them this:

My best friend was dead set against there game solely cuz graphics. But then showed him the collector's edition pics and Metacritic and he changed his opinion pretty fast.

"8.8"

The TP of KOF
    you know what you do when people judge kof xiv with graphics alone?

show them the sfv review and then the kof xiv review.

problem solved

• LarsMastersLarsMasters Joined: Posts: 124
    So LMGTS (Let Me Get This Straight), in this game, some Team's cutscenes becomes limited, only focus on a certain team which plays a major roles in this games (Japan Team, China Team, Official Invitation Team & Another World Team. I dunno if Fatal Fury Team is part of this, despite only make a supporting appearance on China Team story)

Any ideas why?
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.
    so after seeing Mian in action, it seems fighting her is going to be like killing a mosquito... in the dark... at midnight

So LMGTS (Let Me Get This Straight), in this game, some Team's cutscenes becomes limited, only focus on a certain team which plays a major roles in this games (Japan Team, China Team, Official Invitation Team & Another World Team. I dunno if Fatal Fury Team is part of this, despite only make a supporting appearance on China Team story)

Any ideas why?

because quality CGI is expensive... and to remind everyone who's going to be important enough to be in the next game

• jcgonzmojcgonzmo Joined: Posts: 90
    So how is this game? is it better than SFV? How does it compare to other fighting games on the market?
    PSN: jcgonzmo
    XBOX live: jcgonzmo
    MSN Live: jcgonzmo@hotmail.com
  • FrágmentFrágment Joined: Posts: 536
    jcgonzmo wrote: »
    So how is this game? is it better than SFV? How does it compare to other fighting games on the market?
    Yeah, because people can easily determinate that day one of buying, sure.
    jcgonzmo wrote: »

• NiiobuNiiobu Arcana Blart 3: LOVE MALL!!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,033
    Any ideas why?

I guess they only let the "story-important" teams have CGI. I still would've liked to see South America and South Town cutscenes, but they'll probably be more relevant later in this arc.
    Freeobu
  • HussardHussard Joined: Posts: 108

Any ideas why?

Money and time no doubt played a factor. There was a discussion about this same topic for KOF XIII much earlier in this thread (in the first hundred pages), and the general feeling is that SNK's vision often exceeds their resources. It worked out a lot better this time around in XIV, but it's clear that corners were still cut. I would not mind some DLC that rounds out the story in this game before moving on to XV.

Reading that interview with Oda and the rest of the team makes it clear that the game turning out as well as it did is nothing short of a small miracle. It could have just as easily turned into a debacle of Mighty No. 9 proportions.