KOF XIV General Discussion - Epsiode 1 and 2 of THE KING OF FIGHTERS: DESTINY is out now!

Comments

• Be4rBe4r Joined: Posts: 303
    Magegg wrote: »
    There's a difference between a stylish Anime look which KOF 13 has and I really dig that, and generic teenager Anime style which was shown in the trailer. Can't stand that
    I think it's not so much about the sprites but the spirit of KOF. One of the great features of KOF has always been that the graphics exude personality and charisma for all their characters, but these graphics are the completely opposite: They look like hollow, plastic dolls, like mannequins, with zero expression, zero personality, even the Neo Geo Pocket Color sprites are more pleasing than this piece of bullshit, this looks just terrible all around.
    There are 3D games with personality but this one looks like the worst of all. This is not KOF, this is not fucking KOF, this is just a pile of bullshit.

Yea thats the biggest thing I used to enjoy about KOF it always had personality Iori and Kyos interactions are way more interesting than Ken and Ryu, plus KOF supers always have style. That being said I just hope they do something. I dont mind it being pushed back to 2017 I just want it to be quality.
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 759
    I really hope its good despite its visuals because I was looking forward to trying it and SFV doesn't look like my kind of game.
    It's nice to meet you, too.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 9,984
    Metroxylon wrote: »

Really though, I don't think there'd be such objection over the trailer if it had displayed at the bottom "Images are from a game currently in development and subject to change."

Because developers use that as end excuse for underdelivering on the game, whether it comes to core mechanics, visuals etc
    And knowing in what position SNK is right now, AND the release date set to early 2016 (which probably equals somewhere to late winter-early spring) - the graphics in this game are NOT gonna improve, they have to change the whole fucking visual style right now because this shit is not acceptable, I can barely deal with these anime faces in RPGs (hence why I never touched Tales of or Star Ocean or Xenoblade...), but to deal with them in fighting games? Fuck that

And before anybody counters this, at least Guilty Gear and BlazBlue, while being 100% anime, at least have some style to them

Well I don't mean to counter you, but KoF is visually pretty much an anime-styled game. I'm not defending how it looks, I'm just not that annoyed by the visuals.

And I'm anticipating a May-June release for this.

There's a difference between a stylish Anime look which KOF 13 has and I really dig that, and generic teenager Anime style which was shown in the trailer. Can't stand that

You're on some shit if you don't think Kyo and Iori (and like 70% of the KoF cast) are generic looking anime characters.

And you completely missed my point, congrats
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • TheDoorMouseTheDoorMouse Joined: Posts: 45
    http://www.geeksnack.com/2015/09/18/dear-snk-youre-not-favors/

Couldn't have said it better myself. Such disappoint.
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    U know how even with KOFXIII, it was hard to find people to play with? KOFXIV is going to be a ghost town, even if the gameplay is gold, will be tough to find anyone to play it with considering how it looks.

• JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,326
    blufang wrote: »
    U know how even with KOFXIII, it was hard to find people to play with? KOFXIV is going to be a ghost town, even if the gameplay is gold, will be tough to find anyone to play it with considering how it looks.

It doesn't matter if it was the best looking game ever, people still wouldn't play it. You ever try to find matches in Xrd online? It's like the same 20 people and that's it. KoF has less of a fanbase in the US than GG does so it was bound to not do very well anyways.

The graphics are now just the excuse people will use to justify not playing the game.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,170

To be fair, the console netcode was abysmal and the game had a premature death because of lack of continued support: additional storyline videos, stages, some balance patches (as much as people hate them) or fixes (like fixing the HD combos that turned off a lot of people) and the game could have stayed in the tournament spotlights for a lot more time. Without anything new released, it just became stale and died unceremoniusly.

I would rather have ground KoFXIII matches in my X360 while my SF4 disk gathered dust if the netcode were good, even if the community were the size of 3S OE.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,101
    JohnGrimm wrote: »

It doesn't matter if it was the best looking game ever, people still wouldn't play it. You ever try to find matches in Xrd online? It's like the same 20 people and that's it. KoF has less of a fanbase in the US than GG does so it was bound to not do very well anyways.

The graphics are now just the excuse people will use to justify not playing the game.

No the justification is that even to this day SNK has not given a rat's ass about building even a SLIGHTLY proper netcode. It's 2015 (and will be 2016 when this comes out). People aren't going to go through the work of trying to build a local scene just to play one game when there will be plenty of quality games out at the time with solid-good netcodes so they can play with a lot more people. It could be the greatest fighting game of all time, not having a solid netcode is no longer justifiable or defendable. If you don't have one, you don't deserve to be played, especially if you're going to abandon the arcades.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    I bought KOF XIII, I bought KOF 98 UM FE, and KOF 02 UM all for Steam. KOF 98 UM FE, is one of my favorite games I've ever played, but the netcode is poor and waiting 10 minutes to play one person (usually on a poor connection) is awful. What happens, is a bunch buy these games on release, and u can usually find a match, but the netcode is poor. Within 2 weeks games are dead. If the netcode was awesome I'm sure more would stick around. Cause it is definitely true, bad netcode is going to turn people away regardless of the quality of game.

Also this supporting this or that company is absolute nonsense (as others have pointed out). I'll support quality work, I won't support garbage. As far as charity, yeah I'd rather help feed starving children or cure diseases than give it to a gaming company just so they can continue to make games.

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,057 mod
    javert wrote: »

To be fair, the console netcode was abysmal and the game had a premature death because of lack of continued support: additional storyline videos, stages, some balance patches (as much as people hate them) or fixes (like fixing the HD combos that turned off a lot of people) and the game could have stayed in the tournament spotlights for a lot more time. Without anything new released, it just became stale and died unceremoniusly.

I would rather have ground KoFXIII matches in my X360 while my SF4 disk gathered dust if the netcode were good, even if the community were the size of 3S OE.
    Yet Marvel 3 stays alive despite having these same issues.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    I bought KOF XIII, I bought KOF 98 UM FE, and KOF 02 UM all for Steam. KOF 98 UM FE, is one of my favorite games I've ever played, but the netcode is poor and waiting 10 minutes to play one person (usually on a poor connection) is awful. What happens, is a bunch buy these games on release, and u can usually find a match, but the netcode is poor. Within 2 weeks games are dead. If the netcode was awesome I'm sure more would stick around. Cause it is definitely true, bad netcode is going to turn people away regardless of the quality of game.

Also this supporting this or that company is absolute nonsense (as others have pointed out). I'll support quality work, I won't support garbage. As far as charity, yeah I'd rather help feed starving children or cure diseases than give it to a gaming company just so they can continue to make games.

The 98UMFE netcode is perfectly fine and passable. Play people even remotely close to you and you shouldn't have problems. The 02UM netcode on the other hand is a different story, but more work went into 98 and it plays much better. The connections you get with people are poor because randoms in ranked don't live close to you because no one plays the game anymore.
    d3v wrote: »

Marvel 3's netcode is sadly better than any non-Steam effort SNK has put out. That's not me praising the Marvel 3 netcode, obviously that netcode was trash too.

Also Marvel has the benefit to being its own entity, only really replicated by earlier hallmarks in the series. Ironically enough other games to match it (well, the Marvel series in general as these games were long since released before Marvel 3) would've been KoFXI and NGBC due to their systems but again, bad timing more than anything.

You also have to take into account competing against yourself. KOFXIII has to compete against, well, KOF 98 and 02 which are both playable on GGPO/Fightcade with a TON of players. Hell you see 97 manage quite a few. So XIII had to compete against that as well. Eventually someone who wants the KOF fix, will want to go to equal/superior in quality games on much superior netcodes. Now I'm not saying that the two actually cannibalized the XIII playerbase because that's obviously not the case at least initially. But it factors more, later into a game's lifespan. Marvel 3 doesn't have to worry about it because the only game in its own series that people would play over it, is Marvel 2 and due to that whole licensing thing it's a ghost town online and obviously doesn't have a MAME equivalent. You stick with it just like people stuck with Marvel 2, because there isn't an equivalent (and in Marvel 3's case, the equivalent/superior game is a lot harder to actively get games for).
    Saitsu wrote: »

Marvel 3's netcode is sadly better than any non-Steam effort SNK has put out. That's not me praising the Marvel 3 netcode, obviously that netcode was trash too.

Also Marvel has the benefit to being its own entity, only really replicated by earlier hallmarks in the series. Ironically enough other games to match it (well, the Marvel series in general as these games were long since released before Marvel 3) would've been KoFXI and NGBC due to their systems but again, bad timing more than anything.

You also have to take into account competing against yourself. KOFXIII has to compete against, well, KOF 98 and 02 which are both playable on GGPO/Fightcade with a TON of players. Hell you see 97 manage quite a few. So XIII had to compete against that as well. Eventually someone who wants the KOF fix, will want to go to equal/superior in quality games on much superior netcodes. Now I'm not saying that the two actually cannibalized the XIII playerbase because that's obviously not the case at least initially. But it factors more, later into a game's lifespan. Marvel 3 doesn't have to worry about it because the only game in its own series that people would play over it, is Marvel 2 and due to that whole licensing thing it's a ghost town online and obviously doesn't have a MAME equivalent. You stick with it just like people stuck with Marvel 2, because there isn't an equivalent (and in Marvel 3's case, the equivalent/superior game is a lot harder to actively get games for).
    And Marvel 3 has to compete against Marvel 2. Yet the community seems to have no problem with the idea that, even if 2 is the superior game, 3 needs to be supported since it's the one that more new people will be playing.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO

And Marvel 3 has to compete against Marvel 2. Yet the community seems to have no problem with the idea that, even if 2 is the superior game, 3 needs to be supported since it's the one that more new people will be playing.

Way to completely ignore an entire paragraph.

It's not viable to support Marvel 2 because it's a lot harder to get games for. Because of licensing it's no longer sold on the marketplace, hell I don't even know if it's able to be played online anymore on Live/PSN. And unlike other games, Marvel 2 has no way to play it on MAME or anything so no GGPO, no Fightcade. Marvel 3 doesn't have to compete with it because it's impossible for Marvel 2 to get any new blood anymore. Doesn't matter how good a game is if no one can play the damn thing. Only now instead of a netcode issue, it's the ability to play the game at all.
    edited September 2015
    You can play mvc2 online if you bought it before it was taken off psn and xbox live. But yeah the problem is you can no longer buy it.

It's not viable to support Marvel 2 because it's a lot harder to get games for. Because of licensing it's no longer sold on the marketplace, hell I don't even know if it's able to be played online anymore on Live/PSN. And unlike other games, Marvel 2 has no way to play it on MAME or anything so no GGPO, no Fightcade. Marvel 3 doesn't have to compete with it because it's impossible for Marvel 2 to get any new blood anymore. Doesn't matter how good a game is if no one can play the damn thing. Only now instead of a netcode issue, it's the ability to play the game at all.

You forget that even up until the release of Marvel 3, Marvel 2 had a large, thriving competitive scene. You're ignoring that fact that somewhere along the line, a bunch of players basically said "hey, this is our game moving forward now, let's support it regardless of whether or not we think that MvC2 is a better game," because they recognized that supporting 3 was better for the scene in the long run (thanks in part to alot of new players coming in).

What happened to KoF is almost the same thing that happened to Smash, where a large group of players still refuse to move on from Melee, even is Smash 4 might actually be a competitively viable game.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,129
    All the talk about bad SNK netcode, yet what in the blue balls of hell happened to their use of awesome netcode that was Neo Geo Battle Coliseum?!?!

Out of all the SNK games I played online on console, that one not only gave you NUMERICAL latency instead of stupid bars, but from the few matches (around the time of when the game was released on the Xbox 360), the connections were PERFECT.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN

You forget that even up until the release of Marvel 3, Marvel 2 had a large, thriving competitive scene. You're ignoring that fact that somewhere along the line, a bunch of players basically said "hey, this is our game moving forward now, let's support it regardless of whether or not we think that MvC2 is a better game," because they recognized that supporting 3 was better for the scene in the long run (thanks in part to alot of new players coming in).

What happened to KoF is almost the same thing that happened to Smash, where a large group of players still refuse to move on from Melee, even is Smash 4 might actually be a competitively viable game.

Yes but Marvel 2 didn't have to compete with anything. Marvel 2 was without comparison even to its older games. You weren't getting a taste of that style of game anywhere else.

Most people playing Marvel 3 right now legitimately enjoy the game. All the people who were only playing it "for the scene" have left. People who only play games "for the scene" never stick around which is why I'm adamantly against such a practice. Newer games don't need such a boost because plenty of new blood will come in droves anyway.

People should play what they want, not play what they think is best for the community. It's that same attitude that honestly fucked over Skullgirls.
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,860
    edited September 2015
    The most important thing here is:
    The general belief of the SNK Playmore is shattered to piece, and I mean the classic "OK, SNK Playmore doesn't have any money and they're producing pachislots and crappy spinoff games only to fund the next awesome KOF game!"

Well, it seems just no. It's so damn bullshitty they're investing more money and creating more ambitious products with their pachislot games, for example the "grim and gritty" reboot update for the Fatal Fury series:

or the Samurai Shodown pachislot, that at least have great aesthetics and artistic direction for the cutscenes:

I mean, it's not the same producing some nicely looking cutscenes and producing actually playable graphics, but creating a Fatal Fury reboot demands much more brains and ambition, same goes for the paint job done to Samurai Shodown, that at least looks awesome.

Meanwhile, "KOF XIV" receives the worst graphics I've seen in a game in a decade, terrible artistic direction and zero ambition, simply Kyo and Iori with recycled soundclips and extremely bland new costumes; there's zero innovation here, zero aesthetic proposal, zero everything, this is just a crap title all around. And I bet gameplay is going to be shit and mediocre as well, because no good reputation producer would agree to be part of a game that gives such an ass budget to a "high profile" fighting game entry while Playmore is flooding in money with their pachislot games.

This is a complete insult all around, it has insult written on their forehead. They have even gone to say: "We want the video game players to become pachislot gamers". They only care about the money, they only care about the casino machines business, and now even their "jewel of the crown" franchise has went to, while pachislots receive the focus, pachislot games receive the highest budget, scope and artistic direction.
    The myth has been completely wrecked, now their "big production" titles are the pachislot games, while their "main line video games" receive the budget and attention of the crappy spin-off titles, they're just treated like that.

What a terrible load of crap over the SNK rights... Whoever is now in charge of the company doesn't care at all about SNK's legacy. It's just IMPOSSIBLE to support a company like this. IMPOSSIBLE.
  • The_AdventurerThe_Adventurer Joined: Posts: 147
    edited September 2015
    You do understand tha non playable cinematic cgi is going to look better then real time gameplay graphics, yeah?
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,913
    You do understand tha non playable cinematic cgi is going to look better then real time gameplay graphics, yeah?

In the case of Samurai Shodown trailer, they certainly used some assets from Samurai Spirits Sen
    too slow!
    edited September 2015
    I already stated that above, but I mean, not even the art of the official website has any kind of acceptable quality, they're aiming to very low standards, and I wouldn't even be surprised if the game doesn't even feature cutscenes/CGI opening. This looks not ambition at all, and if they had the guts to show this around TGS and still boast that they're doing "next generation graphics" with this, I can't expect nothing but cheap fail.

In contrast, Samurai Shodown and Fatal Fury pachislots at least feature better art direction, and with Fatal Fury they're even doing a sort of reboot, it's clear they had a bigger ambition with those "games" than whatever they're trying to do with this new KOF installment, and that's just stupid, they're treating the main KOF game series as if they were budget crappy spinoffs and giving the better focus to their pachislots... I think no one can say the opposite to the statement that this new KOF XIV trailer was nothing but a huge embarrassment for everyone...

You know, I don't even think they care about KOF XIV not selling any unit, it's clearly such a low budget game they won't lose anything if it bombs, and at least they'll make some quick cash with their sponsors.

You saw the shit tons of banner ads in the stage from the trailer...? Yeah, when it was long ago reported that "10 international companies are involved in the game", everyone though we would have multiple video game studios producing a AAA title... but it was only the crappy SNK Playmore asking for produce placement.
    I wouldn't even be surprised if the only reason they showed such a terrible trailer near to TGS was so they could fulfill some legal deal by advertising their sponsors (like "Look! Your brand is going to be shown next to the most important video game in Japan!"). If the terrible "pre-beta footage" was only going to generate negative comparisons (given in TGS you have the best of the best in matters of game quality) and terrible publicity for their potential buyers? Why didn't they just show a logo and release date? Because they don't even care if the game sells or not, they only cared about showing the ads!!

The only thing they care about is pachislots, that's why they recently said in an interview they wanted video game players to become pachislot players. KOF XIV is nothing but a terrible commercial hustle designed to cashgrab money from sponsors, they don't care at all about quality and gameplay, this is going to completely destroy KOF's good name. And we shouldn't support that.
    Post edited by Magegg on
    edited September 2015
    I don't even think they care about KOF XIV not selling any unit, it's clearly such a low budget game they won't lose anything if it bombs, and at least they'll make some quick cash with their sponsors.

You saw the shit tons of banner ads in the stage from the trailer...? Yeah, when it was long ago reported that "10 international companies are involved in the game", everyone though we would have multiple video game studios producing a AAA title... but it was only the crappy SNK Playmore asking for produce placement.
    I wouldn't even be surprised if the only reason they showed such a terrible trailer near to TGS was so they could fulfill some legal deal by advertising their sponsors (like "Look! Your brand is going to be shown next to the most important video game in Japan!"). If the terrible "pre-beta footage" was only going to generate negative comparisons (given in TGS you have the best of the best in matters of game quality) and terrible publicity for their potential buyers? Why didn't they just show a logo and release date? Because they don't even care if the game sells or not, they only cared about showing the ads!!

The only thing they care about is pachislots, that's why they recently said in an interview they wanted video game players to become pachislot players. KOF XIV is nothing but a terrible commercial hustle designed to cashgrab money from sponsors, they don't care at all about quality and gameplay, this is going to completely destroy KOF's good name. And we shouldn't support that.
    Post edited by Magegg on
    edited September 2015
    Magegg stop talking about what you know nothing about. We get it, you're mad, but feel free to stop talking out of your ass whenever.
    So, you have a better explanation to the extremely crappy graphics despite of the alleged cooperation of half a dozen companies in the game, and also presenting such a terrible trailer just next to the TGS, where it can nothing but gain negative feedback?

Let's just accept it, you're such an SNK fanboy you will never acknowledge their now so crappy business tactics.
    Magegg stop talking about what you know nothing about. We get it, you're mad, but feel free to stop talking out of your ass whenever.
    So, you have a better explanation to the extremely crappy graphics despite of the alleged cooperation of half a dozen companies in the game, and also presenting such a terrible trailer just next to the TGS, where it can nothing but gain negative feedback?

Let's just accept it, you're such an SNK fanboy you will never acknowledge their now so crappy business tactics.

Have you even looked up the names on those "ads"? They aren't real. You're so quick to shit on the game you don't even bother to do research and end up making things up and proclaiming these massive assumptions. And once again, you aren't on the development team, you haven't SEEN the development team, you don't know anything about the situation the game is in. Stop talking about it like you do. You're just talking out of your ass about things you know nothing about and it makes you look like an idiot.

And yes, I am an SNK fanboy, but I have and will continue to acknowledge every time they fuck up and make a mistake, like I have been doing. What I won't do is make up bullshit to fit my narrative that this is somehow a mischievous cash crab to push pachinko games somehow. If the game sucks, the game sucks. Let's leave it at that and not bring in these conspiracy theories that make no sense. Also, calling me a fanboy doesn't negate my claims or make anything I say null. You're not making an argument.
    Maybe it will be like SF4 four where the first character models they produced (arcade release, 17 characters) look like shit, then they did a little better with the console character (but still bad), then when super sf4 came out they were making actual decent models.

Anyway it seems they may have been developing this for 2-3 years now(based on all the rumors and employment ads) so... well see. Hope it uses rollbacks....
    The fact is, you're failing on connecting the dots simply because you don't want to. Terrible quality game but lots of product placement, isn't that it? Easy stuff, man.
    edited September 2015
    Anyway it seems they may have been developing this for 2-3 years now(based on all the rumors and employment ads) so... well see. Hope it uses rollbacks....

Rumors mean nothing. If you look at their employment ads, they started looking for a 3D graphics artist in August of 2014, so roughly a year ago. When they found someone for that position, we don't know. After that ad though, there was an increase in Pachinko game production. I believe after that is when they made the Fatal Fury pachinko, and then later on they made the Samurai Shodown pachinko. It's safe to assume given the timeline of releases that the 3D graphics artist was not working on a KoF game at this time, but instead these pachinko games.

Early in 2015 SNK put out ads looking for consumer psychology specialists, statistics and analysis specialists, and western market planners. This was back in March. Later in the year they started looking for a game development planner, specifically listing a KoF game as the main project in mind. I believe that was in July. With all of these things compiled, I'd be very surprised, given this timeline, if the game had been in development further beyond the concept stage for more than about 6 to 9 months. It doesn't make sense that they would start the project with no one to actually make the thing.
    The fact is, you're failing on connecting the dots simply because you don't want to. Terrible quality game but lots of product placement, isn't that it? Easy stuff, man.

Tons of product placement for products and companies that DON'T EXIST? Strange way of doing business.

Wer're not failing to connect dots, you're manufacturing dots wholesale.
    You are right, I've been being an idiot :(

So embarrassing, I'm just going to leave the thread as an apology U.U

Look man, I get it. You're not happy about how 14 is turning out right now. I don't even blame you for that and you're totally right to have that opinion. But don't assume things about the development because you're mad about how the graphics look. That's all it would take for me to not have a reason to argue with you.

Look man, I get it. You're not happy about how 14 is turning out right now. I don't even blame you for that and you're totally right to have that opinion. But don't assume things about the development because you're mad about how the graphics look. That's all it would take for me to not have a reason to argue with you.
    Thanks, man, really sorry for insulting you and the others. Bye.
    Very unnecessary thread.
    Agreed. Merging this with the actual KoFXIV thread.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • FulgrateFulgrate Joined: Posts: 87
    edited September 2015
    I'm going to guess SNK wanted to show what they had so far, so it might still be in it's early stages. They will put the effort they made with the Pachinko games into the graphics for XIV.

I rememeber when the new version with the updated sprites came out, but the NESTS saga characters where missing: "No K'? No Pay!" "No Kula? No Mula!"

In all seriousness, I do hope they show another trailer showing the gameplay. KoF has been among the best fighter's I've ever played. The 90's version of the series turned out to be really awesome.

Although, they probably need to stop killing off good characters like Shermie and Yashiro. Just have the antagonists defeated, and retreat to fight again another day.
    .... aaaaaand meanwhile... here's a better trailer :P

21556129-holder-da55608dd824edaee395fe5757ac046f.jpg 21556122-holder-2aac14e4c67d758c4c7bd7057df11d00.jpg 21556121-holder-d8cd38918ecfc36c1e4a75d1f6526351.jpg
  • FulgrateFulgrate Joined: Posts: 87
    Fighting Days is a crossover with KoF. It looks to use the previous KoF engine. Anyway, perhaps the reason for the "bad graphics" in XIV is that they actually look good when shrunk down to the standard size for fighting for character to screen ratio?
  • BurnYourEgoBurnYourEgo Ishikawa don't care about your weeabullshit avatar. Joined: Posts: 1,994
    Fulgrate wrote: »
    Fighting Days is a crossover with KoF. It looks to use the previous KoF engine. Anyway, perhaps the reason for the "bad graphics" in XIV is that they actually look good when shrunk down to the standard size for fighting for character to screen ratio?

How does that account for the bad artstyle?
    Steam: BurnYourEgo: Terribly playing KOFXIII and Xrd, want to learn Skullgirls
    Fightcade:Bathtub_Leviathan: ST, maybe 3s
    Fulgrate wrote: »
    Fighting Days is a crossover with KoF. It looks to use the previous KoF engine.

It does not use any KoF engine. It's running on the same engine that a couple other Tencent browser beat em ups use.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,353 mod
    edited September 2015
    Fitting of magegg to say he's going to leave and then post again 2 posts later.

He and PsychoJosh are the resident trolls of the character thread on the SFV forum and go back and forth at each other there. It's funny to watch. I think you're cool overall magegg, just saying.

I have no words for KOF ATM...

Well ok I found some words. I figured they would go 3D but I don't want another Maximum Impact looking game. Sucks that they prided themselves so damn much with KOF12 and KOF13 on retaining high quality sprites, then don't even make an attempt to go GGXrd style with sprite style 3d models or anything. Seems like a big excuse to just throw out something to say "HEY DONT FORGET ABOUT KOF!!"

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

Sony or Capcom or ArcSys need to fucking buy SNK already, at least that way we'll know for sure the series doesn't die or turn into a shitty mobile game
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    Sony or Capcom or ArcSys need to fucking buy SNK already, at least that way we'll know for sure the series doesn't die or turn into a shitty mobile game

Yeah, instead it'll be alive and won't play like KoF at all, sounds awesome.

Would you rather have no KOF games at all should KOF 14 become a (commercial) failure?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Would you rather have no KOF games at all should KOF 14 become a (commercial) failure?

Yes. If SNK isn't making the KoF games, I would absolutely rather there not be KoF games because I don't trust any other developer to make them. And I feel like anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves, specifically referring to the trusting another dev part of that comment. You don't care about how a KoF game made by Capcom would actually turn out, you just want the characters to keep existing in a new fighting game, but to me if the game was completely wrong it would be the same as if the franchise was dead. On top of that, absolutely no other developer would know and understand how to balance a game like KoF. They can't even balance their own games properly and I'm supposed to trust them with KoF, a game where a slight tweak to one move can make it busted or worthless? Nah I don't think so. No one balances like SNK does, just look at the XIII track record, every update they ever put out for the game improved it significantly and made it a better game. Look at every update for SF4 and wonder what the fuck Capcom was thinking for 90% of the changes, most of the time it feels like they changed shit just to say they changed shit whether it helped the character or not or made the game better or not. Look at every update for Blazblue, where ASW was constantly turning the tiers upside down and they couldn't even figure out what the damn system mechanics were supposed to be, they kept going back and forth between a combo timer and proration, kept changing how bursts worked and how many you could get, they included tech rolls in the game but had to revamp them like 3 times because they didn't know what the fuck they were doing, it was a mess.

I'm supposed to trust these developers with KoF? Fuck no. ASW could make the game look pretty and that's it. Capcom could make the game popular and that's it. Neither of them would do the game justice. Would it be a good game? Maybe, but it wouldn't be KoF, and that's the most important thing.
    Capcom made Capcom vs SNK. One of the better KoF-like games. I'd trust them to do a KoF game justice.
    edited September 2015
    Capcom made Capcom vs SNK. One of the better KoF-like games. I'd trust them to do a KoF game justice.

I don't know if you're just not very familiar with the intricacies of KoF or what, but CvS wasn't even close. Persona 4 is closer to a KoF game than CvS was, Capcom couldn't even make most of the SNK roster retain their playstyles from KoF let alone make them feel like KoF characters. They're KoF characters trapped in SF mechanics.

Also let's not ignore the fact that none of the people who worked on CvS still work at Capcom. A new game from Capcom would be made by Dimps, and they can't even make a Street Fighter game without having their hand held throughout the entire process. Even with dudes like Combofiend working there, do I trust Combofiend to make a KoF game? No, not really. He'd make CvS2, which as previously stated, is like KoF if you looked at KoF through a Capcom colored lens.