KOF XIV General Discussion - King of Fighters XIV Arcade Ver. Burn 2 Fight cabinets from Taito!

Comments

• ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,218
    I guess having an arab is all the rage these days. Whats next? a Jew which a massive nose that sucks up all your money as a super?
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,333
    I guess having an arab is all the rage these days. Whats next? a Jew which a massive nose that sucks up all your money as a super?

You are angry about an Arabian character being in fighting games...?
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV
    Kyo / Luong / Geese [Mai, Shun, Benimaru, Leona, Terry, Mian, Mui Mui]

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7
    Eliza [Xiaoyu, Geese, Jin, Lars, Lee, M.Raven]

BBCF
    Hakumen [Azrael, Nine, Makoto]

SFV ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• Be4rBe4r Joined: Posts: 316

I know in capcoms case they were looking for money but what’s the problem? I know I like more diverse characters and more fans mean more money right
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,333
    Cronopio wrote: »
    I guess being an edgy dick about other nationalities is all the rage these days.

I think it is time for Geese Howard to rise up from his seat, cross his hands to gather all the ki energy he can find, position his mighty hands upward and thrust them down to unleash a RAGING.... STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!!!
    LqwjnOE.gif
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,218
    No im all for different races actually I just think theres some sort of fad going on at the moment.
  • Dark_TzitzimineDark_Tzitzimine Joined: Posts: 87

What a great tournament. InfernoKong's Dino and Cristina's Angel were the standouts for me.
  • AirLancerAirLancer Just a touch of Honey Joined: Posts: 832
    A "fad" called "we want those Riyals/Dirhams/Dinars."

Holy shit, playing against dudes who literally only play online is such a trip. There's just no concept of any kind of defense whatsoever, it's hilarious.
  • MMakerMMaker Joined: Posts: 675
    edited November 21
    More information about the new Saudi Girl:
    Text translated from the new character draft by her creator

Najd (Character Name)

Although we live in the 21 century with all advancements in our world, the stories of geniuses are still haunting us.
    We see our 21 years old university girl got a special training since her childhood along with another girls same age as her in order to get "Halek" Abaya (Abaya is a full-length, sleeveless outer garment worn by some Muslim women), Halek is a stubborn genie that isn't easy to control and Najd was the most deserving one to wear "Halek" Abaya.
    Najd is calm most of the time, cause controlling Halek requires a lot of concentration and if she loses control of it, it will harm her and her surroundings.
    She's a student at morning and a justice guardian at night duet to her night stealth abilities.

Appearance:

We find a saudi girl dressed in a black gulf dress trimmed with silver engravings. She looks strange as she has a special power, where her dress is haunted by a genie named Halek -as in extremely black-. Halek can materialize and take shape through the cloak and then disappear.
    She wears a pair of modern leather gloves and boots for protection. The boots are long so that her legs are covered when the dress is lifting during combat.
    She wears a hood(I think) on her head, but during powerful attacks or intense combat it temporarily falls off. In addition to this, she wears gold accessories with blue sapphires for appearances.
    The dress should be loose for freedom of movement and her limbs are usually covered by the cloak during crouching and are shown during movement.

Concept idea:

After much though I decided to shy away from the stereotypical saudi design in the sword wielding black haired saudi man* and popular designs for saudi women and decided to design the character of a modern saudi woman in an inventive way to reflect the current evolution the kingdom is currently experience with the intent to conserve the traditions of the past and the islamic identity.

Video statements from the SNK team

Eisuke Ogura:
    The thing I was most surprised with was the style and quality of the submissions. Personally I have a very limited understanding of Saudi Arabia, but I felt a resemblance in style and character design to the Japanese style. We received a lot of great submissions and we enjoyed seeing them all.

Nobuyuki Kuroki:
    Stay tuned for our upcoming projects, which will definitely meet your expectations. The thing I personally liked most was the design for Fahd(loosely translated to panther or leopard or some other wildcat), having this hybrid of a mysterious and strange kid with a monkey caught my attention

Yasuyuki Oda:
    For this occasion I would like to offer my greatest thanks to the Saudis character drawing contest in which a lot of Saudis came forward and so I would like to offer my thanks again. From the characters that were submitted, the femme fetal Najd(I think this is an arabic name) took first place. The uniqueness of this character couldn't have come from us Japanese, and we believe that the likes of this character would be the reasons for SNK's success in Saudia Arabia and the middle east.

Sources:

https://www.neofighters.info/forum/showthread.php?17758-The-King-of-Fighters-XIV-Special-Anniversary-Edition-(PS4-PC-ARC)/page316
  • BootyWarriorBootyWarrior One of the few people to play KOF on this site. Joined: Posts: 308

What a great tournament. InfernoKong's Dino and Cristina's Angel were the standouts for me.

I'm not sure on Cristina but InfernoKong is going to EVOJapan. People exaggerated Verse's nerfs but Kong and a few others continue to play the character and shit on people. If only K' got that same treatment, he's been nerfed far too many times but he's still a High Tier. There's 54 characters in the game so being high tier wont mean you'll show up a lot when, Yuri and Robert are much more solid pics and have reliable Meterless combo's unlike K' where his crB -> crB -> Ein Trigger -> Fireball doesn't always connect.
    MMaker wrote: »

Najd (Character Name)

Although we live in the 21 century with all advancements in our world, the stories of geniuses are still haunting us.
    We see our 21 years old university girl got a special training since her childhood along with another girls same age as her in order to get "Halek" Abaya (Abaya is a full-length, sleeveless outer garment worn by some Muslim women), Halek is a stubborn genie that isn't easy to control and Najd was the most deserving one to wear "Halek" Abaya.
    Najd is calm most of the time, cause controlling Halek requires a lot of concentration and if she loses control of it, it will harm her and her surroundings.
    She's a student at morning and a justice guardian at night duet to her night stealth abilities.

Appearance:

We find a saudi girl dressed in a black gulf dress trimmed with silver engravings. She looks strange as she has a special power, where her dress is haunted by a genie named Halek -as in extremely black-. Halek can materialize and take shape through the cloak and then disappear.
    She wears a pair of modern leather gloves and boots for protection. The boots are long so that her legs are covered when the dress is lifting during combat.
    She wears a hood(I think) on her head, but during powerful attacks or intense combat it temporarily falls off. In addition to this, she wears gold accessories with blue sapphires for appearances.
    The dress should be loose for freedom of movement and her limbs are usually covered by the cloak during crouching and are shown during movement.

Concept idea:

After much though I decided to shy away from the stereotypical saudi design in the sword wielding black haired saudi man* and popular designs for saudi women and decided to design the character of a modern saudi woman in an inventive way to reflect the current evolution the kingdom is currently experience with the intent to conserve the traditions of the past and the islamic identity.

Eisuke Ogura:
    The thing I was most surprised with was the style and quality of the submissions. Personally I have a very limited understanding of Saudi Arabia, but I felt a resemblance in style and character design to the Japanese style. We received a lot of great submissions and we enjoyed seeing them all.

Nobuyuki Kuroki:
    Stay tuned for our upcoming projects, which will definitely meet your expectations. The thing I personally liked most was the design for Fahd(loosely translated to panther or leopard or some other wildcat), having this hybrid of a mysterious and strange kid with a monkey caught my attention

Yasuyuki Oda:
    For this occasion I would like to offer my greatest thanks to the Saudis character drawing contest in which a lot of Saudis came forward and so I would like to offer my thanks again. From the characters that were submitted, the femme fetal Najd(I think this is an arabic name) took first place. The uniqueness of this character couldn't have come from us Japanese, and we believe that the likes of this character would be the reasons for SNK's success in Saudia Arabia and the middle east.

Sources:

https://www.neofighters.info/forum/showthread.php?17758-The-King-of-Fighters-XIV-Special-Anniversary-Edition-(PS4-PC-ARC)/page316

This is nice and all. But have they mentioned anything about a balance update? I care more about that than 1 character(who probably wont see much play) + 1 stage.
    KOFXIV: Iori/Ryo/Kim
    Characters on the side: Kyo, K', Yuri Kensou, Shun'ei, Maxima, Mature, Whip.
    NGBC: Mr Karate/Iori
    KOFXI: Ryo/Iori/K'
    SSVS: Genjuro, Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Mizuki, Rera, Yoshitora.
    DBFZ: Gohan Blanco/Future Trunks/Piccolo
    Alarm wrote: »
    I also listen to the 2001 OST daily.
  • KensouADVKensouADV Joined: Posts: 442
    edited November 21
    MMaker wrote: »

Najd (Character Name)

Appearance:

Concept idea:

Eisuke Ogura:

Nobuyuki Kuroki:

Yasuyuki Oda:

Sources:

Huh? Why are you citing me as source at Neofighters when I posted this here two pages ago? The other one is from Cyberpunk at that neo(?)neogaf forum.

This is nice and all. But have they mentioned anything about a balance update? I care more about that than 1 character(who probably wont see much play) + 1 stage.
    Who says she won't be a fusion of Iori and Benimaru making sure SNK learned from Vanessa and goes back to their "XIII style" DLC character practices.
    KOFXIV: Kensou/Athena/Nakoruru [Kyo, MuiMui, Sylvie, Whip]
    BlazblueCF: Taokaka [Rachel, Lambda, Tsubaki]
    DOA5LR: Tina [Mai, Sarah]
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,042
    Do you guys we'll get any new characters along with the arabian waifu? Or a balance patch?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    It seems like only the Arabian woman is going to be made available. Realistically, something like Blue Mary would be plausible. I liked playing her in 02UM. There are a lot of characters I want to see. A lot of them is a dangerous understatement.

(Heidern, Lin, Betty/Elisabeth, Duo Lon, Ron, Shermie... I can keep doing this. Yet, putting all characters in like that would be unrealistic).
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

I think they’ll update it. It’s a good chance to breathe some more life into the game
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,166
    edited November 21
    We'll probably be getting the other characters from the data mining (Heidern, Hinako, Mary, Oswald, Shingo, Jubei).

Also who knows, maybe they will do other contests like this one?
  • DiasFoxDiasFox The Sleepy Fox Joined: Posts: 505
    I'll just wait for Shermie. (If she ever be getting into the game)
    Scrub artist : http://diasfox.tumblr.com/
    SFV:ChunLi | Tekken7:Alisa | DOA5LR:Kokoro | GGXRDRev2:Dizzy | KoF14: Angel

if we got the orochi team and USA team I would fucking die
    SNK would be wise to use EVO Japan to unveil Nadj's character trailer and anything else they might have in the works.
    Rugal makes his grand entrance

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,042
    Rugal makes his grand entrance

So mature was Rugal's bitch?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • BootyWarriorBootyWarrior One of the few people to play KOF on this site. Joined: Posts: 308
    She had feelings for Rugal yes. That's why if Verse beats Mature, Rugal will speak to her tempting her to join him again. They also have a special intro against each other in KOF '98. Vice gives two shits about him and his 2 other secretaries probably didn't either but they were more loyal than Vice and Mature who were working under Goenitz.

Now that the active and recovery frames are available, I can finally put XIV normals next to the past versions. Praise this button.
    yVLBr9q.png
    ... Damn. Athena got mad as fuck for a second. She can be pretty damn savage at times.
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,941
    Where does one go for matches? Can they be had consistently? Am I mostly looking for player matches, no ranked matches?

Waiting for my system to be delivered but I want to be on in a week. In the U.S.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
    Femto wrote: »
    Where does one go for matches? Can they be had consistently? Am I mostly looking for player matches, no ranked matches?

Waiting for my system to be delivered but I want to be on in a week. In the U.S.

There is a dream cancel discord where you can challenge people.
    https://discordapp.com/invite/0X8lg0bSkbGAt4O5
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,941
    Joined. Handle is lowroll. Kept giving me reply error messages. Just NOW got my PS4 delivered, was hoping I didn't have to use a third party app but those are the breaks....

"Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • EmerganceEmergance Joined: Posts: 78
    Looking forward to the MANGA, not MANHWA. This is a Japanese FG series it shouldn't have taken this long. KOF is basically a glorified tournament arc, the most basic shonen manga arc that people love.
    The last KOF manga was way back in the 90's I think, I'm talking about the KOF Kyo ones not the fanservice KOF girls one.

Who's the artist it looks kinda similar to OPM's artist.
  • Araragi-kunAraragi-kun Joined: Posts: 350
    edited November 27
    Emergance wrote: »
    Looking forward to the MANGA, not MANHWA. This is a Japanese FG series it shouldn't have taken this long. KOF is basically a glorified tournament arc, the most basic shonen manga arc that people love.

I want to dump my piece of mind. Feel free t disagree just thing to think about.

What is main entertaining things in shounen genre? Awesome and intriguing battles (or contests or other stuff) with high stakes. Watching aspiring heroes grow and rise to the top. Originality. You need to be an exception to have none of that and be good (One Punch Man would be a good example because it shifts its focus to comedy and it is basically a deconstruction of shounen genre).

I feel worried that KoF setting HAVE NONE OF THAT and no aces in the sleeve either. All important outcomes are predetermined, main characters are on top for several KoF tournaments untill they switched for new "main characters" and you need to stand on your head to make something original out of established cannon (which people are accustomed to). Manga could switch focus on events between tournaments but nothing of same value as god punching happens there.

I'm worried that it could be "good recreation of tournament events" at best. So new people could learn stuff and old fans could have a nostalgia boner. But I kinda want it to be the best thing ever. But I can't justify a possibility of that even for myself.
    God damn it. I'd be in trouble if it were me in Japan...

I have a Mian, Whip, Yamazaki, and a Terry. But, damn.
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

Damn that's really harsh. Basically if you pick Kyo, Iori and Benimaru you got to use the trashy ass characters on the bottom.
    Hold on Mians there? Nevermind.
  • umgogoumgogo The Memory Protector Joined: Posts: 241 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hmm... would I run Yamazaki - Angel - Robert or bite the bullet and go Xanadu - Clark - Robert?
    Hello, child. Shall we continue your lessons?
    Geese looks sick

THE GOOSE... IS LOOOOOOSE!!!

And, in addition to that, we have KOF Destiny on the deck!
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,166
    Hm, so we can expect a rebalance then?
    When it comes to SNK its best to not have any expectation at all.
    Depending on when this cabinet is released I guess it might be possible to include Nadj.