KOF XIV General Discussion - King of Fighters XIV Arcade Ver. Burn 2 Fight cabinets from Taito!

1612613614615616618»

Comments

• CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,163
    edited December 4
    The name implies an update, and the current arcade version as far as I know is exactly the same as the latest home version already. I doubt they will just re-release the game as is.
  • ottomaticottomatic a totally real person who really exists, really Joined: Posts: 263
    I hope for a balance update, but they may wait til shortly after releasing the new girl and whatever else comes at that point (give us Blue Mary). I remember very clearly being smacked around by Reynald's Vanessa at Norcal regionals on stream and him doing raw max after I got dizzied, then following up with (I think) 4 EX parry punches (dp+pp). Pretty sure that's out now. I understand they'd want to have any balance changes come with whatever but they may want to see what we come up with before changing everything up. I'll wishlist some of my sought for changes after work
  • DiavleDiavle Joined: Posts: 643
    edited December 4
    If it's an update then we might get a trailer at Evo Japan.
    Lots of fanart and some original works: http://diavle.deviantart.com/

Have a peek if you have time :)
  • KensouADVKensouADV Joined: Posts: 441
    edited December 5
    Cronopio wrote: »
    The name implies an update, and the current arcade version as far as I know is exactly the same as the latest home version already. I doubt they will just re-release the game as is.
    I think the name is for the tournament and not the game. It will begin in December 16th. If anything is too early for Najd at least.

... Damn. Athena got mad as fuck for a second. She can be pretty damn savage at times.
    Poor guy needs to feed his Dragon Power and he even had to have his powers go through his "NESTS saga character development" a little earlier than he should.
    Also, Orochi Kim is so wrong that I don't even know how to begin with. Can't wait for Orochi Ryo to be easily stomped by Terry.
    KOFXIV: Kensou/Athena/Nakoruru [Kyo, MuiMui, Sylvie, Whip]
    BlazblueCF: Taokaka [Rachel, Lambda, Tsubaki]
    DOA5LR: Tina [Mai, Sarah]
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,327
    edited December 7
    GROUP ATTENTION.

KOF Destiny on deck. *Salutes*

Review coming sometime later.

Based on the last part, I might be... half right about my theory on how Ryo's arc is going to handled, though there is seems to some emphasis on King herself as well, whom is (somehow) possessed of the Orochi Dark Crystals.

... Angry Mai turns me on. Andy don't know what the fuck he doin' cause he all confused and shit.
    Post edited by Great_Dark_Hero on
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV
    Kyo / Luong / Geese [Mai, Shun, Benimaru, Leona, Terry, Mian, Mui Mui]

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7
    Eliza [Xiaoyu, Geese, Jin, Lars, Lee, M.Raven]

BBCF
    Hakumen [Azrael, Nine, Makoto]

SFV ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• Dark_TzitzimineDark_Tzitzimine Joined: Posts: 87
    Destiny has been pretty entertaining, and hey, turns out Rugal is neither blonde nor white haired but a brunette. I sure hope they continue since is obvious by now it will only cover the events of '94. Probably Iori will only show up on the stinger or something like that.

Also, there's a new chapter of the gag manga

• Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,880
    Maid Leona costume for KOF 14 when?
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • BootyWarriorBootyWarrior One of the few people to play KOF on this site. Joined: Posts: 308
    KOFXIV: Iori/Ryo/Kim
    Characters on the side: Kyo, K', Yuri Kensou, Shun'ei, Maxima, Mature, Whip.
    NGBC: Mr Karate/Iori
    KOFXI: Ryo/Iori/K'
    SSVS: Genjuro, Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Mizuki, Rera, Yoshitora.
    DBFZ: Gohan Blanco/Future Trunks/Piccolo
    Alarm wrote: »
    I also listen to the 2001 OST daily.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,327
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

Double post.

KOF Destiny on deck.

KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• Dark_TzitzimineDark_Tzitzimine Joined: Posts: 87
    I wasn't expecting for them to include AOF's story nearly intact
    edited December 14
    I wasn't expecting for them to include AOF's story nearly intact

I sort of theorized it was going to happen...
    BUT...

(EDIT coming soon, still watching).

EDIT:

... Now, there just needs to be the iconic battle between Ryo and the likes of Mr. Big, Geese, and Mr. Karate. What happened here was essentially an interpretation of AOF1. Ryo's beef with others such as Eiji, the Todoh family, and the bosses mentioned above may happen full on in the KOF96 portion of the series which is going to be a while from now. Maybe earlier if the staff members of this show know how to write it in.
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• EmerganceEmergance Joined: Posts: 78
    They changed so much

-King losing her charm in Destiny. No need for the cleavage, you're meant to be pretending to be a man.
    -Mr Big saying "Ryo dis is ur grave" when they only kidnapped Yuri so Takuma won't disobey Geese's orders.
    -Yuri in her Karate uniform when she doesn't take up martial arts until after the kidnapping.
    -The Final Boss of AOF was Mr Karate not King. They really hate Takuma over there.
    -Ryo beat King with no effort then moved onto John Crawley -> Mr Big -> Mr Karate.

Also King is still broke and cant afford her brothers surgery. lol Money is everything even in video games.
  • AirLancerAirLancer Just a touch of Honey Joined: Posts: 829
    Emergance wrote: »
    Also King is still broke and cant afford her brothers surgery. lol Money is everything even in video games.

What, you mean the writing in this might-as-well-be bootleg show is awful? No way...

• EmerganceEmergance Joined: Posts: 78
    AirLancer wrote: »
    Emergance wrote: »

What, you mean the writing in this might-as-well-be bootleg show is awful? No way...

So much sass in this Kula player

5RJZ1Zx.jpg

Shermie needs to come and wrap her legs around these writers and squeeze their heads until they get some common sense

Nah. No she shouldn't. Rugal should just spam Dead End Scream them over 9000 times.
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• KensouADVKensouADV Joined: Posts: 441
    edited 12:34AM
    ... Now, there just needs to be the iconic battle between Ryo and the likes of Mr. Big, Geese, and Mr. Karate. What happened here was essentially an interpretation of AOF1. Ryo's beef with others such as Eiji, the Todoh family, and the bosses mentioned above may happen full on in the KOF96 portion of the series which is going to be a while from now. Maybe earlier if the staff members of this show know how to write it in.
    I think Destiny is stated to be a 24 episode series and we're already on episode 20. Kyo is going to blow Rugal with Black Noah, Goenitz will make a witty comment about how he couldn't control his power, Iori will show up as final fight for Kyo and then close credits for what might or not be a second season.

Even with all the changes to "fit" the "Destiny universe" with things like "nobody cares about Takuma", I liked this episode but the worst offender is telling a sweet story about King, Ryo and Yuri and right after we get the preview episode with the three(plus Robert and Mai) controlled by the Orochi ball.

In other stuff, how far are we from the new characters be available on MUGEN?
    KOFXIV: Kensou/Athena/Nakoruru [Kyo, MuiMui, Sylvie, Whip]
    BlazblueCF: Taokaka [Rachel, Lambda, Tsubaki]
    DOA5LR: Tina [Mai, Sarah]
    ... Fuck.
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???