KOF XIV General Discussion - King of Fighters XIV Arcade Ver. Burn 2 Fight cabinets from Taito!

Comments

• ottomaticottomatic a totally real person who really exists, really Joined: Posts: 268
    Happy New Year.

Hopefully the coming year will bring nerfs to the top tiers, Beni and Iori in particular; buffs to low and mid tiers like Alice, Maxima, and Xanadu; and just plenty awesome tournaments to watch and play in.

See you all in the new year.
  • KensouADVKensouADV Joined: Posts: 460
    edited January 1
    It's a Nintendo game so obviously,
    91865_front.jpg
    KOF'98 20th Anniversary (nerf Eiji and tone down Extra mode) please

hisoga wrote: »
    I just read this from KOF Quick Fixes Excel, but since I a noob, I don't know how to embedded picture or file on the internet, I just copy paste some of it here.. =)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kKyJMtE5aT7tC4hsHy5avNl1WQWxjS8B4sDZtiuOPpQ/edit#
    ****Suggestions removed - debate still open:
    1) Just defend builds more meter / takes no chip damage - Encourages more defensive play
    2) Walk speeds increased for the whole cast - Increases pace of attack, more speed is problematic for netcode and players with lower abilities.
    3) Use 2k2 feature to use max mode meter to make some normals special cancelable.while active - Drastic system change- changes the game completely
    4) Add ability to spend 1 bar of meter to use ex moves while not in max mode -Drastic system change- changes the game completely*****

which is better, fast or slow walk speed?
    for me, i prefer faster walk speed. I hate the walk speed in kof 14. It make jumping even more prevalent in this game. We have to jump more because the walk speed is slow. I prefer the old kof walk speed and we jump only we we have the advantages and already won the ground games.

I like no.3 and 4 suggestions.
    No.3, it can give more option to the gameplay and plan but I don't know if it can add something into the game combos presentation. at least for me, kof14's combos presentation is quite boring and less creative even when comparing it to sf5. at first i thought this suggestion is interesting because it can add just little bit of something into how the combo look like outside or inside the max mode but when I realized that, since max mode is pretty much a bnb combo and player rather use the meter for max cancel than DM when they have less meter, i guess it will not add something new/fresh other than new bnb into the combo presentation all that much unlike 02 or 02UM. :s

I hate how ex moves work or implemented in kof13 except for few like kyo ex-kototsuki yo, vice es-snake arm, takuma ex-hundred punch and few other because of additional option they gives. what I don't like is how some of them has to much invincibility and really fast. just do it. its pretty much solve most of the problems. When SNK said that ex moves will be lock behind max mode, i am very happy because I don't want ex moves to be remove just because older kof doesn't have them. I thought something really powerful like that should be nerf a little but not in directly. So when they lock it behind max mode, i am very happy until I realize many of the returning character from kof 13 ex moves sucks. SNK nerf a lot of ex moves and then lock them behind max mode.. why?? and why some ex moves if not all cannot be super cancel? even worse some low or mid tier like Ralf has bad ex moves. Ralf special moves already suck and too conditionals and doesn't really jive with each other, his ex moves are all useless outside of combo. I am sorry, I a noob and not qualify to talk about any of this, but still, I need to said it.
    Eh, Just Defend not taking chip damage could be interesting but meter is not really a problem in this game. Fast walkspeed would be great but would mess with the balance so have to test it first.

Now Max mode and EX changes are a little too drastic at this point of the game. I would rather encourage to do raw max instead by making the use of EX moves during that kind of activation have no cost. Your Ralf complains are more in line of a "buffs" wishlist than a system change.

By the way,
    Zarina - Make f+D an overhead. Moderate range. 16F Not super cancelable.
    Sylvie - Raw Overhead cancellable to DM/EXDM/Climax (Everyone with overhead should have this tho)
    Can you please decide?

KOFXIV: Kensou/Athena/Nakoruru [Kyo, MuiMui, Sylvie, Whip]
    BlazblueCF: Taokaka [Rachel, Lambda, Tsubaki]
    DOA5LR: Tina [Mai, Sarah]
  • EmerganceEmergance Joined: Posts: 87
    edited January 1
    16F overhead? That's too fast and its not something Zarina needs or deserves. Angel has the fastest OH in the game and that works because of the way Angel functions with her powerful mixups. Fighting Game devs don't trust the player feedback when it comes to buffing and nerfing. Too much bias.

Clearly Zarina lacking an overhead is what the devs intended. Same goes for Kula who kinda ignores this because of the glitch, but her having a strong neutral + strong pressure + many other tools = Low health, slow run speed, slow walk speed and no overhead.

shit. Kims OH that always catches people is 21F then you got Leona with 19F but that grants a HKD. Not a free maxmode conversion.
  • hisogahisoga Joined: Posts: 75
    edited January 2
    KensouADV wrote: »
    please don't.. :s
    Just recently, I am starting to watch some Taiwanese/HK/CHinese games, initially I hate how strong EXTRA mode compared to ADV mode. I like what they did to EXTRA mode but feel too strong and most of japanese videos I watch, player mostly picked EXT or ULT mode with EXT style meter. But when watching some of Taiwanese/HK/CHinese players games, i find that ADV mode is not as weak I thought it'd be. some ADV mode player even beat ET (EXT mode Kim, Brian,Eiji) convincingly. That player even use multiple different characters. I am shocked. Then I remembered that even in japanese ratio matches, different in total point is not that big between EXT mode and ADV mode. 8-10 or 6-8,IIRC.

but maybe just buff adv mode a little bit..? =)

I just read this from KOF Quick Fixes Excel, but since I a noob, I don't know how to embedded picture or file on the internet, I just copy paste some of it here.. =)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kKyJMtE5aT7tC4hsHy5avNl1WQWxjS8B4sDZtiuOPpQ/edit#
    1) Just defend builds more meter / takes no chip damage - Encourages more defensive play
    2) Walk speeds increased for the whole cast - Increases pace of attack, more speed is problematic for netcode and players with lower abilities.
    3) Use 2k2 feature to use max mode meter to make some normals special cancelable.while active - Drastic system change- changes the game completely
    4) Add ability to spend 1 bar of meter to use ex moves while not in max mode -Drastic system change- changes the game completely*****

for me, i prefer faster walk speed. I hate the walk speed in kof 14. It make jumping even more prevalent in this game. We have to jump more because the walk speed is slow. I prefer the old kof walk speed and we jump only we we have the advantages and already won the ground games.

No.3, it can give more option to the gameplay and plan but I don't know if it can add something into the game combos presentation. at least for me, kof14's combos presentation is quite boring and less creative even when comparing it to sf5. at first i thought this suggestion is interesting because it can add just little bit of something into how the combo look like outside or inside the max mode but when I realized that, since max mode is pretty much a bnb combo and player rather use the meter for max cancel than DM when they have less meter, i guess it will not add something new/fresh other than new bnb into the combo presentation all that much unlike 02 or 02UM. :s

I hate how ex moves work or implemented in kof13 except for few like kyo ex-kototsuki yo, vice es-snake arm, takuma ex-hundred punch and few other because of additional option they gives. what I don't like is how some of them has to much invincibility and really fast. just do it. its pretty much solve most of the problems. When SNK said that ex moves will be lock behind max mode, i am very happy because I don't want ex moves to be remove just because older kof doesn't have them. I thought something really powerful like that should be nerf a little but not in directly. So when they lock it behind max mode, i am very happy until I realize many of the returning character from kof 13 ex moves sucks. SNK nerf a lot of ex moves and then lock them behind max mode.. why?? and why some ex moves if not all cannot be super cancel? even worse some low or mid tier like Ralf has bad ex moves. Ralf special moves already suck and too conditionals and doesn't really jive with each other, his ex moves are all useless outside of combo. I am sorry, I a noob and not qualify to talk about any of this, but still, I need to said it.
    Fast walkspeed would be great but would mess with the balance so have to test it first.

Now Max mode and EX changes are a little too drastic at this point of the game. I would rather encourage to do raw max instead by making the use of EX moves during that kind of activation have no cost. Your Ralf complains are more in line of a "buffs" wishlist than a system change.

yeah, it just that if they want to implement no.4, they also need to do something regarding some of characters ex moves. I just using Ralf because that is character that I use and feel like most of his special moves and ex moves doesn't really useful or add anything to his gameplay. most of the time i still use him like in 98/02 series, just button and spacing minus command grab. but not just Ralf.
    In that excel file, they also suggesting for non-max cancel ma mode timer to drain a lot slower. I like that suggestion too. Its work well with suggestion no.4 and buff to ex-moves, I just want to see more playstyle/gameplan variations. and more depth I guess. not just multiple low/jabs into max cancel. but am a noob. :|
    I dont really now whats best for the game and communities :s .

Wishlist for kof 14 v3.00
    - faster walk speed, comparable to the old games.
    - buff mid to low tier.
    - less top tier nerf.
    - make every pretty much tournament viable (even though maybe some of them only viable via character loyalists) =)
    - give Daimon his old runspeed and sound effect back.
    - do something to Daimon's grab super. Why most of the metered bnb always use Konten Otoshi super?
    - fix or remade Kyo, Iori, Andy model and animations.
    - Give Tung fu rue air senpuu ken (normal and ex) additional function. I wish it function more like sf4 series (before USF4) Ryu's air tatsu. better cross up and hitbox, i guess.
    - Make KOD headbutt moves from his final part of ex-rekka a stand alone special. or just make rekka cancel a little bit better. or make his rekka faster(?) so it can be use a lot more in neutral. always feel like his button is not as good as griffon.
    - give Yamazaki lvl 5 Drill (CDM) like in 98UM
    - make Ryo fireball atleast as good as in kof13. feels like sf4 Dan's fireball is better than Ryo's
    - change Ralf CDM name from Ralf Super Phalanx to World's End Galactica Phantom. I can't remember who suggested it and from which forum..
    - add some more special for old returning characters. make the games much more fun. not everything must be tournament only or only have useful special moves. multiple different looking bnb is awesome!!.
    - upgrade the quality of special effect. most of the effect look dull.
    - give ps4 and steam version the same look/style when activating supers. background goes black like in the arcade version.
    - more DLC characters. not just 1 or 2. (please give me new face/USE team or wolfgang/saisyu/Takuma) =)
    - more costumes.
    Post edited by hisoga on
    edited January 3
    I am sorry, double post.
    Post edited by hisoga on
    That's fast. Are there anymore pages?
  • Dark_TzitzimineDark_Tzitzimine Joined: Posts: 95
    Interestingly, is not labeled as Round (Chapter) 2 but 1-2, this chapter is also five pages shorter than the previous one.

thnx. Only 15 pages this time. I guess nothing will happen in the next 2 chapters as its introducing all the teams. And there's a lot of teams in XIV.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Sexy Fighting Game Renaissance Joined: Posts: 3,396
    ... Yuri looks so juicy.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV
    Kyo / Luong / Geese [Mai, Shun, Leona, Terry, Mian, Mui Mui]

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7
    Eliza [Geese, Xiaoyu, Jin, Lars, Lee, Steve, M.Raven]

BBCF
    Hakumen [Azrael, Nine, Makoto]

SFV
    Ibuki [????????]
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ゆうしょう よゆうッチ! MOTHAF**CKA!! Joined: Posts: 3,544
    Props to yuri, looks so thick.

I can't wait to see angel
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Affinity is just a rouge program sent out by the bot program known as Emil.
  • finalshoryukenfinalshoryuken Joined: Posts: 3
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,957
    Leona when?
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    Chapter 1-3. Now it's the veterans turns to appear and the Ikari are the most popular of the veterans team that haven't been shown. Mainly because of Leona.
  • Chizuru_Youko96Chizuru_Youko96 Joined: Posts: 291
    edited January 7
    Chapter 1-2 is officially released today and next: The Gentleman, The Punk and...:
    sfbaJTZ.png

• Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Sexy Fighting Game Renaissance Joined: Posts: 3,396
    THE GOOSE IS LOOSE
    Leona is hotter than Kyo and Iori's flames put together.
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV
    Ibuki [????????]

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,173

KOF 98 (the original one, not UM) now available on Ps4
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    Count me in for more Destiny
  • CriticalHitXVICriticalHitXVI Joined: Posts: 12
    F
  • SeikerSeiker ♡ 眼鏡 ♡ Joined: Posts: 717
    Good job being such a cool bunch of people, guys. Take care! Have an oldie.
    The other day, I saw a shooting star
    I made a wish, and I wished for you
    to get hit by the star.
    Well, this is quite a sad revelation...
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV
    Ibuki [????????]

No..... now where i can read fans discussing kof, sf... most importantly kof.
    not a fan of reddit, discord.
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    F

1438930562488.png
  • KensouADVKensouADV Joined: Posts: 460
    edited January 9
    For one, even if Destiny has been a rollercoaster and, like I said before, would change several stuff of what happened, I'm happy with more. Maybe they can redeem AOF by putting Takuma to blast a space laser cannon later in the NESTS arc.

But the end of this forum is sad. This thread specifically was a crazy ride. Even if I came in the later yers, gentlemen, it has been a privilege posting with you all this time. If nobody comes up with a direct replacement, I'll stick to some Discord like Dreamcancel and places with different kinds of communities like MMCafe besides my usual brazilian ones.

THE GOOSE IS LOOSE
    Leona is hotter than Kyo and Iori's flames put together.
    I guess you need to acquire more refined tastes
    ns9eQnP.png?1
    And need to be reminded who are the real Soldiers of this tournament.
    KOF_004.jpg
    please don't.. :s
    Just recently, I am starting to watch some Taiwanese/HK/CHinese games, initially I hate how strong EXTRA mode compared to ADV mode. I like what they did to EXTRA mode but feel too strong and most of japanese videos I watch, player mostly picked EXT or ULT mode with EXT style meter. But when watching some of Taiwanese/HK/CHinese players games, i find that ADV mode is not as weak I thought it'd be. some ADV mode player even beat ET (EXT mode Kim, Brian,Eiji) convincingly. That player even use multiple different characters. I am shocked. Then I remembered that even in japanese ratio matches, different in total point is not that big between EXT mode and ADV mode. 8-10 or 6-8,IIRC.

but maybe just buff adv mode a little bit..? =)
    Well, for me it's not really about "being strong" or not. It's more that '98 it's not a combo-heavy game with cancels so I don't think the Extra MAXactivation cancel "fits" the game. I'm fine with stocking the bar instead of going right into MAX mode and maybe would be fine if you could activate MAX mode during a combo but without canceling the move.

Fast walkspeed would be great but would mess with the balance so have to test it first.

yeah, it just that if they want to implement no.4, they also need to do something regarding some of characters ex moves. I just using Ralf because that is character that I use and feel like most of his special moves and ex moves doesn't really useful or add anything to his gameplay. most of the time i still use him like in 98/02 series, just button and spacing minus command grab. but not just Ralf.
    In that excel file, they also suggesting for non-max cancel ma mode timer to drain a lot slower. I like that suggestion too. Its work well with suggestion no.4 and buff to ex-moves, I just want to see more playstyle/gameplan variations. and more depth I guess. not just multiple low/jabs into max cancel. but am a noob. :|
    I dont really now whats best for the game and communities :s .

Wishlist for kof 14 v3.00
    - faster walk speed, comparable to the old games.
    - buff mid to low tier.
    - less top tier nerf.
    - make every pretty much tournament viable (even though maybe some of them only viable via character loyalists) =)
    - give Daimon his old runspeed and sound effect back.
    - do something to Daimon's grab super. Why most of the metered bnb always use Konten Otoshi super?
    - fix or remade Kyo, Iori, Andy model and animations.
    - Give Tung fu rue air senpuu ken (normal and ex) additional function. I wish it function more like sf4 series (before USF4) Ryu's air tatsu. better cross up and hitbox, i guess.
    - Make KOD headbutt moves from his final part of ex-rekka a stand alone special. or just make rekka cancel a little bit better. or make his rekka faster(?) so it can be use a lot more in neutral. always feel like his button is not as good as griffon.
    - give Yamazaki lvl 5 Drill (CDM) like in 98UM
    - make Ryo fireball atleast as good as in kof13. feels like sf4 Dan's fireball is better than Ryo's
    - change Ralf CDM name from Ralf Super Phalanx to World's End Galactica Phantom. I can't remember who suggested it and from which forum..
    - add some more special for old returning characters. make the games much more fun. not everything must be tournament only or only have useful special moves. multiple different looking bnb is awesome!!.
    - upgrade the quality of special effect. most of the effect look dull.
    - give ps4 and steam version the same look/style when activating supers. background goes black like in the arcade version.
    - more DLC characters. not just 1 or 2. (please give me new face/USE team or wolfgang/saisyu/Takuma) =)
    - more costumes.
    Eh, I think slower draining would make the opponent stuck to the ground for even more time when facing Andy or Mai with two more bars while in MAX mode. Rework some EX moves to be useful outside of combos and make then not drain the meter during raw MAX would be less drastic but still would change the pace of the game right now.
    Post edited by KensouADV on
    KOFXIV: Kensou/Athena/Nakoruru [Kyo, MuiMui, Sylvie, Whip]
    BlazblueCF: Taokaka [Rachel, Lambda, Tsubaki]
    DOA5LR: Tina [Mai, Sarah]
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,173
    Come join the SRK discord guys - https://discord.gg/CSUEVXC

We'll set up channels for KOF discussions if needed, already have them for SFV, Marvel, Tekken and DBFZ
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Sexy_TerrySexy_Terry Joined: Posts: 86
    What a fucking sadly day :(
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ゆうしょう よゆうッチ! MOTHAF**CKA!! Joined: Posts: 3,544
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Affinity is just a rouge program sent out by the bot program known as Emil.
    edited January 11
    Man, this episode was gold for screencaps

IUPbMdj.png

qcKRJbH.png

atccpUF.png

PLeVOVs.png
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,269 mod
    Models looks to be based on those from KOFXIV, which isn't surprising, probably running on the same engine. That said, what's been written about the gameplay makes it sound like more like Smash with one button specials and items (though it probably isn't).

Four player battles are interesting though.
  • BootyWarriorBootyWarrior One of the few people to play KOF on this site. Joined: Posts: 321
    RIP SRK and that game looks wack as fuck.
    KOFXIV: Iori/Ryo/Kim
    Characters on the side: Kyo, K', Yuri Kensou, Shun'ei, Maxima, Mature, Whip.
    NGBC: Mr Karate/Iori
    KOFXI: Ryo/Iori/K'
    SSVS: Genjuro, Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Mizuki, Rera, Yoshitora.
    DBFZ: Gohan Blanco/Future Trunks/Piccolo
    Alarm wrote: »
    I also listen to the 2001 OST daily.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,269 mod