Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

KOF XIV General Discussion - feat. "Gay Kick" Oswald, no first name Heidern, best waifu and Not Najd

Comments

• LarsMastersLarsMasters Passing Bystander Joined: Posts: 150
    It’s pretty predictable who the 3 other W2 DLC are:
    Heidern, Mary, Najd

The two formers has their poses reused from the previous KOF sprites there (Heidern’s X-arms up & Mary’s finger pistol) + based on previous datamine (Heidern in case is listed as HDR, in case someone don’t know), while Nadj has a noticable shadowy outfit design like in the Arabian character concept contest art.

Sometimes I always got a feeling that 4.00 might be next year for the last/3rd Wave. With these characters, only left for W3 are:
    Yamada, Shingo, Hinako, & either last new character, or surprising old character from either previous SNK or KOF games
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.

https://larsmasters.deviantart.com/gallery/
  • hisogahisoga Joined: Posts: 77
    If really is Heidern for DLC, i wish it is closer to 02um version than 98/98umfe
  • LarsMastersLarsMasters Passing Bystander Joined: Posts: 150
    X-Kira’s datamine confirms it, the leaks really are true, though albeit not having 2 new characters on the DLC listing (the last newbies is currently unclear whether it’ll also be brand new or happens to be oldies from either previous SNK games or main KOF games).
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.

https://larsmasters.deviantart.com/gallery/
  • umgogoumgogo The Memory Protector Joined: Posts: 249 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ottomatic wrote: »
    umgogo wrote: »

He did have an Irish Whip in XI.

I haven't played XI in quite some time, I thought it was Tizoc who had an Irish whip style command throw, but I suppose Ramon could've had one as well that I forgot. I do remember Ramon being able to cancel the d,d+p pickups into qcb+A in that game and a special variation on his LDM, but not much else for him really.

Tizoc/Griffon had one in Garou, '03 and XI - Hercules Throw; it allowed for juggles but was slower/shorter than the Justice Hurricane.

Ramon's was called Rope Kaeri and was a bit slow but could - at least - lead to the Savage Fire Cat "off-the-wall" DM.
    Hello, child. Shall we continue your lessons?
  • YugoloYugolo Joined: Posts: 3

Fuck.. i prefer this rumor that Snk Heroines Game..
  • EmerganceEmergance Joined: Posts: 96
    The rumour was hilariously bad. From the garbage roster, to the edgy fanfic of Maxima dying and Kula being tramutized so she cut her hair short and K' went more edgy, constantly bringing up Capcom games(SFV and Marvel), then the whole SNK is trying to appeal to the Americans. Using Geese being in XIV as an example ignoring the fact that Oda has a massive boner for the Fatal Fury franchise. Look at XIV's roster vs the past KOF games.

The only time they took the Americans thoughts into consideration when it comes to characters is Athena back in '94.

"We often hear complaints from fans who wanted her to have her original sailor suit uniform. The reason we didn’t use that outfit is because of our concerns for the overseas market. And we thought it might look like we were pandering too hard with the fanservice. But we did include a little bit of fanservice, maybe, in her animation when she enters the battle."

I prefer SNK Heroshit over the disaster NGBC2 could've been if real. The hype surrounding NGBC was odd, that game was not a smash hit.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU RIP Mahvel 2017-2017 Joined: Posts: 11,286
    sigh

I guess I'll see you in KOFXV:
    - Gato
    - Rugal
    - Chizuru
    - Shingo
    - Seth
    - Shermie
    - Takuma
    - Elizabeth
    Fighting Game Mains:
    - USFIV - Fei Long
    - SFV - Ryu
    - UMVC3 - Akuma/Iron Fist/Ghost Rider
    - KOFXIV - Ryo/Geese/Kim
    - Xrd - Ky & Kum
    - DBFZ* - Trunks/Yamcha/Gohan
    - UNI[ST]* - Enkidu
    - Tekken 7 - Hwoarang & Kazuya
    *to be purchased
  • Chizuru_Youko96Chizuru_Youko96 Joined: Posts: 313
    edited January 31
    NGBC2 itself is a bad idea all-around, even if it came and equipped with all the goodness in the world then, what's it supposed to do? And what comes after that for these niche ips? NGBC was a love letter, a parting gift for Neo Geo fans. The Neo Geo era is dead. Most of SNK's IPs are stone dead and are not getting new games so it's unthinkable that they would decide to make a sequel of NGBC out of all of their franchise, especially in the fighting genre, with no other series act as a support to promote, them being fgs or not.

SNK Heroines is more effective because first, it is a small game yet the range of the cast is broader and more neat, which only covers the females from their respective series. Secondly, the main theme being "magical girl" and then go to the extra with sexualization/waifu/whatever... customization + artstyle, meaning that it's perfect and also present SNK the chance to try out "anime", which we see in the gameplay with airdash. Lastly, the title, which is easier to relate to SNK in the present than the former in the past.

P/S: There is also the platform it's available on so i wonder, does anybody here even own a Switch?
    One person is made up of two people.
  • LoghornLoghorn Joined: Posts: 315
    edited January 31
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    sigh

- Gato
    - Rugal
    - Chizuru
    - Shingo
    - Seth
    - Shermie
    - Takuma
    - Elizabeth

But in order for Shermie to be back in KOF, Chris & Yashiro will also have to be back, too. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

This isn't Gals' Fighters, NeoGeo Battle Coliseum or SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy as to where she can easily be in a game without her teammates.
    Post edited by Loghorn on
  • Araragi-kunAraragi-kun Joined: Posts: 356
    edited January 31
    Am I only one who thinks that Yamada is a not a great choice for DLC character?
    You can find much more popular or interesting characters from F.F. (or KoF or specifically Garou:MotW for that matter).
  • ottomaticottomatic a totally real person who really exists, really Joined: Posts: 282
    edited February 1
    Am I only one who thinks that Yamada is a not a great choice for DLC character?
    You can find much more popular or interesting characters from F.F. (or KoF or specifically Garou:MotW for that matter).

Do you mean Jubei? From FF2 and FFS? If so I agree, as much as I enjoyed tossing senbei and people left and right, I don't feel he'd get any extra people to play. If that isn't who you're talking about I got no idea, I can't recall any other Yamadas in SNK's character library.
    edited February 1
    ottomatic wrote: »
    Do you mean Jubei? From FF2 and FFS? If so I agree, as much as I enjoyed tossing senbei and people left and right, I don't feel he'd get any extra people to play. If that isn't who you're talking about I got no idea, I can't recall any other Yamadas in SNK's character library.
    Of course im talkig about Jubei. Isnt his name was datamined from KoF 14 long ago?
    After 1st DLC pack of characters it was not clear if SNK will make more DLCs. Now, we pretty much sure that there will be one more character pack (if nothing goes wrong).
    But presumed content of this pack (Jubei, Shingo, Hinako, ???) is not most hyped thing ever.

Personally, I would like to see Shingo if they do something good with him.
    I do not feel like Hinako is a good choice because most people picked her only in 2002UM due to gameplay reasons and she is a Moe\cute character that may look weird in 14.
    Jubei is just Jubei. I stuck with weird NG games selection in my time so I have no nostalgic connection with him. I player RBFF Sp (we had it and 3) and I do not get why KoF need a character that was dropped even by his own series. I'm just looking at "Debug/Menu/FS_ymd.obm" and wish it would be anything else.

Jubei would be great IF they were give him most/all of his old throws. He is almost unique in that he is a grappler with charge commands and a projectile (preceding Chrome Dome in TMNT: Tournament Fighters).
    Jubei would be great IF they were give him most/all of his old throws. He is almost unique in that he is a grappler with charge commands and a projectile (preceding Chrome Dome in TMNT: Tournament Fighters).
    I'm not so positive about that.
    Aren't he could not even utilize his combination of throws and projectiles at the same time? Aren't we will get 2 (maybe 3) charge\semi-charge characters in 2nd DLC? Heck, and probably we will get Hinako. So why even bother?

Forums is not dead yet? Where you will go after SRK forums go down?
  • AirLancerAirLancer Just a touch of Honey Joined: Posts: 843
    P/S: There is also the platform it's available on so i wonder, does anybody here even own a Switch?

It's going to be available on PS4 too.
  • ottomaticottomatic a totally real person who really exists, really Joined: Posts: 282
    I had forgotten about that x-kira leak. Whatever the case I've no problem with reintroduction of older characters so long as there is a crowd to be drawn in from doing so, but I don't know what audience is waiting for Jubei to get back into SNK games nor do I see a substantial amount of people who he could usher in.
    Forums is not dead yet? Where you will go after SRK forums go down?

Forums will stay alive, they're supposed to start some premium options so people can opt to assist in funding. I don't recall the announcement thread but I'm sure you should be able to search for it.
  • Dark_TzitzimineDark_Tzitzimine Joined: Posts: 114
    So a bunch of news

-Neogeo's ports for switch have sold a million of copies

-The beta for KOF Destiny has ]five millions of registrations

-Footage of the aforementioned KOF:Destiny

Is like a love letter to 90's beat em ups. It actually looks pretty fun.

-The gag manga that inspired SNK Heroines continues

-KOF Fans baffle me at times

• rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ゆうしょう よゆうッチ! MOTHAF**CKA!! Joined: Posts: 3,573
    Gunsmith needs to STFU already
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Affinity is just a rouge program sent out by the bot program known as Emil.
    edited February 1
    I'm not so positive about that.
    Aren't he could not even utilize his combination of throws and projectiles at the same time? Aren't we will get 2 (maybe 3) charge\semi-charge characters in 2nd DLC? Heck, and probably we will get Hinako. So why even bother?

I don't quite understand what you mean by "at the same time", and I'm not saying him being a charge character is GOOD, just unusual for a grappler.

But as for why he would make a good addition, he is a Judo practitioner with a grab-bag (sorry) of cool throws and tricky setups with his projectile, dash-grab and slide. I'm all for Hinako, but she has been in twice as many games (more recent ones, at that), and XIV already has plenty of teenage girls, but only two senior citizens (Tung and Chin).

• Virtua_LeonVirtua_Leon Gal me seeeerious Joined: Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I love jubei but lets be honest here he was in a game that was 20 years ago.
    I think it's hard to bring back such a unique chracter, how many throws and command grabs that dude have? i swear its like over 8 lol, im not sure how such a chracter translates into a game like kof14.

I'm not sure if it would be a good idea, i mean who really gives a shit about jubei? just old guys like us who used to use him back in the day, lets face it guys like us ( guys or girls of a certain age or who liked a certain type of chracter that these days a deemed frooty or freaks or just uncool like chin choi chang jubei sokaku bash necro oro sodom) don't matter any more we are not really the demographic most of these companys are aiming for these days.

i don't wanna end on such a negative note, despite all it's faults i still enjoy and will continue to enjoy kof14, it's still my fave fighter of this current generation by some distance and i'll continue to support it hopefully the next snk game aint to far off (please dont mention snk heroines i'm already on hari kari watch lol)

AAAAAAAAS WE ENTER!
    edited February 3
    Loghorn wrote: »
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    sigh

- Gato
    - Rugal
    - Chizuru
    - Shingo
    - Seth
    - Shermie
    - Takuma
    - Elizabeth

But in order for Shermie to be back in KOF, Chris & Yashiro will also have to be back, too. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

This isn't Gals' Fighters, NeoGeo Battle Coliseum or SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy as to where she can easily be in a game without her teammates.

It really doesn't matter that much, don't you think? Because *cough* DLC *cough*, or just make Shermie an unlockable/secret character and problem solved.
    AirLancer wrote: »

It's going to be available on PS4 too.

Yeah, i notice that but since it's Nintendo and all, so i can't help but wondering how many own the Switch? Given KOFXIV only first released on PS4 so having SNK's Heroines on multiple console might be something? And to start it off, i don't have one.

Edit: Speaking of SNK Heroines, NIS America update the silhouette:

bg4.png
    Post edited by Chizuru_Youko96 on
  • BootyWarriorBootyWarrior One of the few people to play KOF on this site. Joined: Posts: 330
    The KOF Destiny game looks really good for a mobile game. I'm impressed.

KOFXIV: Iori/Ryo/Kim
    Characters on the side: Kyo, K', Yuri Kensou, Shun'ei, Maxima, Mature, Whip.
    NGBC: Mr Karate/Iori
    KOFXI: Ryo/Iori/K'
    SSVS: Genjuro, Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Mizuki, Rera, Yoshitora.
    DBFZ: Gohan Blanco/Future Trunks/Piccolo
    Alarm wrote: »
    I also listen to the 2001 OST daily.
  • ChaudBlazeChaudBlaze The C is for Chaud Joined: Posts: 471
    edited February 3

I love Snk, seriously, capcom PLEASE TAKE NOTES!

I have everyone I’ve ever wanted in KOF except maybe Saisyu and Takuma.
    edited February 3
    I love Jubei but lets be honest here he was in a game that was 20 years ago.
    I think it's hard to bring back such a unique character, how many throws and command grabs that dude have? i swear its like over 8 lol, im not sure how such a chracter translates into a game like kof14.

I'm not sure if it would be a good idea, i mean who really gives a shit about Jubei? just old guys like us who used to use him back in the day, lets face it guys like us (guys or girls of a certain age or who liked a certain type of character that these days a deemed frooty or freaks or just uncool like Chin, Choi, Chang, Jubei, Sokaku, Bash, Necro, Oro, Sodom) don't matter any more we are not really the demographic most of these companies are aiming for these days.

How did you know I love all of those characters (except Chin and Chang)? ^_^ You forgot Hon-Fu, though. xD

With Oswald confirmed, XIV already has most of the "cool" KOF characters (sans Elisabeth, Shen Woo, Seth and Heidern, all of whom I would admittedly welcome back), and it REALLY doesn't need more "semi-clone" characters like Shingo, Saisyu, Takuma or even Adelheid. IMO Duck King, Eiji and Raiden are just as goofy as anyone you mentioned, and they made it into XI/XII all the same, so....

Jubei could have his cookie projectile, dash-throws and Neko Jarashi throw from FFS, plus the df+C Tawara Nage and b+D Tomoe Nage as counters (he's a judoka!) and the Ooizuna Otoshi and uf+C Kuma Goroshi (chokehold) as (S)DMs. The f+D shin kicks could be one of his normal throws. His Climax could include a reference to his "demon" title.
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,235
    Jubei in FFS is fucking awesome and I expect him to turn out good since there's Fatal Fury people on board. Give me EX cookie loops, command throw setups and his awesome slide AA and I'm happy. He's a very unique character. Too bad that in any case we will have to wait till the next DLC batch to play him.
    bg4.png

Seems like there's just 11 girls on the logo so if indeed there's just 14 characters, there's three we don't know anything about.

Y'know, i suddenly recall that i brought up something similar to SNKH before, like, a game with only female chars and some are rule 63. The first condition is already fulfilled beyond expectation, with the game being console; the latter, however, is still up in the air but people are already expecting it:

Gosh, i will never see these guys in the same light again.
    bg4.png

Seems like there's just 11 girls on the logo so if indeed there's just 14 characters, there's three we don't know anything about.

There's a silhouette between Leona and Yuri, which brings that picture to 12. The other 2 are Athena and Kula who show up in the foreground image (bg5.png on the NIS site)
    edited February 5
    A New Chapter is up:
    LDRWSc6.png
    Since y'all have already know where to read it, there'll only be one panel posted from here on
    Post edited by Chizuru_Youko96 on
  • BootyWarriorBootyWarrior One of the few people to play KOF on this site. Joined: Posts: 330
    So much effort put into the manga. They even left the Nakoruru Team out since A)They weren't invited and B)Nakoruru didn't know anything about KOF

http://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/teamstory/another.php
    KOFXIV: Iori/Ryo/Kim
    Characters on the side: Kyo, K', Yuri Kensou, Shun'ei, Maxima, Mature, Whip.
    NGBC: Mr Karate/Iori
    KOFXI: Ryo/Iori/K'
    SSVS: Genjuro, Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Mizuki, Rera, Yoshitora.
    DBFZ: Gohan Blanco/Future Trunks/Piccolo
    Alarm wrote: »
    I also listen to the 2001 OST daily.
  • Mr_BladeMr_Blade Joined: Posts: 330
    I strongly disagree with Another World team being left out the manga. I hope they are a late entry just as the tournament about to begin or appear in the place of another match. Otherwise why did SNK even bother with them in the first place?
    Mary for Street Fighter V

My Blog:http://darkonyxe.blogspot.com/
    edited February 6
    Mr_Blade wrote: »
    I strongly disagree with Another World team being left out the manga. I hope they are a late entry just as the tournament about to begin or appear in the place of another match. Otherwise why did SNK even bother with them in the first place?

I think that I can think of one of the reasons why:

Love Heart herself. SNK sold the SkyLove IP to another pachislot company earlier. So chances are, she's another K9999 from this point on forward in which she won't be making anymore future appearances.

Plus like BootyWarrior mentioned, Nakoruru didn't know anything about KOF, nor were they invited.
    Or they're crashing the Torunament uninvited.
  • KensouADVKensouADV Joined: Posts: 472
    edited February 7
    Oh, KOF is not at EVO this year. I expected that but what I did not was the board be demoted like that.

About Another World Team, I thought they would steal the American Sports invitation. Love Heart is in a weird situation since she's still featured in the silly manga and some items in SNK Heroines are named after her. But it's nice to see the teams interacting even in this line up with Kim eyeing Chang and Choi, Angel probably recognizing Sylvie, Kula staring at K' and... Leona right beside Vice?

But we'll be right into the fights? I hoped to see some backstory of the teams like or besides the text in the official website.

Oh, and a trailer from the Korean mobile game
    KOFXIV: Kensou/Athena/Nakoruru [Kyo, MuiMui, Sylvie, Whip] | KOF'98(UM): Kensou/Athena/Shermie [Kyo, Kasumi, (EX)Blue Mary, Brian]
    BlazblueCF: Taokaka [Rachel, Lambda, Tsubaki]
    DOA5LR: Tina [Mai, Sarah]
    DBFZ: Yamcha/Tenshinhan/#16 [Trunks, #18, Hit]
  • ReijiReiji Joined: Posts: 277
    edited February 7
    KensouADV wrote: »
    Oh, KOF is not at EVO this year. I expected that but what I did not was the board be demoted like that.

About Another World Team, I thought they would steal the American Sports invitation. Love Heart is in a weird situation since she's still featured in the silly manga and some items in SNK Heroines are named after her. But it's nice to see the teams interacting even in this line up with Kim eyeing Chang and Choi, Angel probably recognizing Sylvie, Kula staring at K' and... Leona right beside Vice?

But we'll be right into the fights? I hoped to see some backstory of the teams like or besides the text in the official website.

The sprites are nothing short of amazing. I wouldn't mind a KOF XV like this.

Still no news about the DLC characters ? No new trailer ?
    You don't deserve to know my name !
  • KensouADVKensouADV Joined: Posts: 472
    Reiji wrote: »
    KensouADV wrote: »

The sprites are nothing short of amazing. I wouldn't mind a KOF XV like this.

Still no news about the DLC characters ? No new trailer ?
    The trailers were always on thursdays every week until the release of the DLCs:
    20/02 - announcent
    08/03 - Whip
    15/03 - Yamazaki
    22/03 - Vanessa
    29/03 - Rock
    06/04 - Release

But now we're like a month earlier with that April release window. So bi-weekly (which means tomorrow) maybe?
    KOFXIV: Kensou/Athena/Nakoruru [Kyo, MuiMui, Sylvie, Whip] | KOF'98(UM): Kensou/Athena/Shermie [Kyo, Kasumi, (EX)Blue Mary, Brian]
    BlazblueCF: Taokaka [Rachel, Lambda, Tsubaki]
    DOA5LR: Tina [Mai, Sarah]
    DBFZ: Yamcha/Tenshinhan/#16 [Trunks, #18, Hit]
    The American Sports Team has been long forgotten.

If there were to be a USA Team, it would be better to come up with three new characters (& better designs) in which people would be more fond of.