Today's Changelog (Sep. 23)
Adding more detailed info on normal moves, including images. (in progress)
Minor changes to special moves section.
Karin revealed at TGS 2015 (SRK)
Gameplay breakdown from Haunts (Capcom-Unity)
Twitter character card:
Vine character card:
If this is too small on your browser, click the V.
VesperArcade moveset breakdown:
Character walkthrough with Nuki:
TGS stream footage:
Developer vs. Mago exhibition:
Will be added to in the future. In the meantime, here's a summary.
Light attacks so far have not been seen to lead into any combos. No cancels, or links outside of counterhit, have been found in videos. Presumably, they will only be useful to push the opponent away on defense, or to set up tick throws or other mixup.
Known cancelable normals: s.MP, s.HP, cr.MP, cr.MK, cr.HP.
Anti-airs: s.HP, cr.HP.
Crush counter: s.HK.
Command normal: f+MK (overhead.)
Known links: s.MP > cr.MP, cr.MP > cr.MK, s.HP xx V-trigger > s.HP.
QCF+K - Sappo. Command dash that either be used for mixup afterward or canceled into either of two followups.
- P - Tenko. Angled upwards strike with one arm, launching the opponent and allowing followups. Using this immediately after Sappo changes the properties of the move in unknown ways.
- Down+P - Orochi. AKA "shoulder." Karin rams into the opponent with her back turned.
QCB+K - Mujin Kyaku. AKA "upkicks." Current speculation is that this move has automatic followups depending on which kick button you used.
- LK has no followup and is probably safe on block.
- MK continues the upkicks into something that resembles Karin's overhead f+MK. It does not fully combo on hit. Properties are unknown, but it may be useful as a frametrap, a high-low mixup, or as part of juggles.
- HK has a longer continuation that fully combos on hit, and is probably your choice meterless combo ender outside of V-trigger, likely unsafe on block.
QCB+P - Ressen Ha. Arcing rainbow palm that hits overhead and knocks down on hit. Has two potential followups:
- Down+K - Senha Kusabi. Sliding kick that hits low.
- Up+K - Hopping grab that works against standing opponents. May be usable to avoid some common punishes/low attacks.
QCF+P - Guren Ken. AKA "rekka." Only available during V-trigger, a chain of variable attacks that can be used as a hitconfirm, or for general pressure or mixup. See below for details.
Guren Ken followups:
It seems like the above movelist card is not thorough in listing all of her possible options at each step during rekka. For the moment I will assume that it's accurate and make the corrections when they've been contradicted by video evidence.
- QCF+P - Guren Ken. The initial rekka hit. Hits twice.
- K - Guren Kyoho. Ends the rekka by backdashing to safety, used to bait counterattacks. Drains a lot of V-gauge. (Input is speculation.)
- P - Guren Hosho. A palm strike that ends the rekka. Can combo into CA.
- Up+P - Guren Senha. Arcing rainbow palm that hits overhead, and allows a link afterwards.
- Up+K - Guren Resshu. Hopping grab that works against standing opponents. May be usable to avoid some common punishes/low attacks. (Listed as step 3, but seen in step 2 during videos.)
- Down+K - Guren Kusabi. Sliding kick that hits low. (Listed as step 3, but seen in step 2 during videos.)
- Down+P - Guren Chochu. Single elbow strike that continues the rekka. Leads to step 3.
- Down+P - Guren Hochu. Karin crosses behind the opponent and strikes their back. Hits crossup. (Input is speculated.)
- Up+K - Guren Resshu. Hopping grab that works against standing opponents. May be usable to avoid some common punishes/low attacks.
- Down+K - Guren Kusabi. Sliding kick that hits low.
This post will be regularly updated with links to new content/information once it's available.