Karin General Thread: Elegant offense for a more civilized age.

1585960616264»

Comments

• itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,100
    edited July 27
    Birdie vs Karin is 5-5 matchup imo
    5.5-4.5 at worst to me
    Once she's in it's really her to get her off unless I use resources but birdie heavily relies on his resources
    One of those resource options being heavily - on block
    It's not hard to get in either
    I lost to a Karin player named ChrisSenpai 2 sets final score 6-3 but those 6 were very convincing dominations
    I actually came in here to request for a good Karin player to practice against for the rest of the week to prepare for my local this weekend
    players on Eventhubs seem to think the Karin Birdie matchup is 5.5?
    lol Do they even play Karin?

That's a joke. It's probably her worst match-up. Anyone have any tips against Birdie? I'll usually just use Necalli but that doesn't help in ranked when I get matched up blindly.

We can practice any night for the rest of the week just hit me up
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,291

Eventhubs is full of shit tbh.
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,100
    mykka wrote: »

What do you think the matchup is then?
    itzpookiie wrote: »

What do you think the matchup is then?

6-4. But its not just about this matchup, EH in general has stupid tier lists that arent reliable.
  • MomohimechanMomohimechan Joined: Posts: 41

6-4. But its not just about this matchup, EH in general has stupid tier lists that arent reliable.

Yeah it definitely seems that way to me too!~ :3
    SFV Karin, Sakura. Tekken 7 Xiaoyu

Artist and lover of all things cute
    aad7dce50ff7f6855e3e70db005ffdc4.jpg?v=202200
  • HeavensCloudHeavensCloud Joined: Posts: 781
    Hot damn, she's a Geisha.
    edited August 17
    I absolutely love Karin's new traditional style Furisode Kimono

For those of you who may not be too familiar with this style of Japanese clothing
    Karin is wearing what is called a Ko-furisode (ko meaning small) it's usually worn paired with hakama, for graduation ensembles. They have the shortest among furisode sleeves.

However, this could also be a Chu-Furisode, It’s usually worn by girls during coming-of-age ceremony (at age 20), and at weddings of close relatives.

Either way i really like it and hope it has a nice set of alternate colors to compliment the outfit even more~ ; u ;
    Post edited by Momohimechan on

• handa711handa711 Joined: Posts: 156
    Another $4 out of my bank account.
    Wish they reduced the size of her hands, if only for those profile pics.
    How do you guys hit confirm cr.mk? I see pros use cr.mk xx light dash xx punch, but why not use the negative edge of cr.mk?
    Do whatever works for you. You don't have to single confirm off cr.mk all the time. Not even the pros do it a lot. Personally I do it off counterhits occasionally but mostly two hit confirm into specials.
  • fohstickfohstick Joined: Posts: 339
    edited October 7
    Confirming off cr.MK is barely practical. I spent many hours in training mode trying to consistently confirm from cr.MK but haven't had any success. Like mentioned previously, cr.MK feels like it can be confirmed reasonably if it's a counter-hit from my experience. I'd like to see if someone could verify this.

anyways, i came to this dead forum to say that karin's charged v-skill loop is crazy good. It can be manually timed as a meaty (~+2 on block) if you activate v-skill slightly after the opponent touches the floor upon soft or hard knockdown. This means you don't have to depend on any previous setup to get the timing right. The active frames on her VS is large so there is some leniency on its meaty timing. On block, opponents have a high tendency to think it's negative on block so you can counter-hit jab them into a combo. On hit, you can go for another manually timed meaty v-skill to continue your pressure

For opponents that vary their wake-up with either quick rise or roll rise, the manually timed v-skill will still cover both options if you delay the meaty timing further. However, you'll only get the frame advantage on block if they do a roll rise.

some people will do meaty shoulder as an alternative but i find the timing much harder than meaty v-skill. Plus, the recovery on an accidental whiff shoulder is greater and can be punished. Both deal 80 damage so meaty v-skill is the better choice
    Post edited by fohstick on
    edited October 10
    fohstick wrote: »
    Confirming off cr.MK is barely practical. I spent many hours in training mode trying to consistently confirm from cr.MK but haven't had any success. Like mentioned previously, cr.MK feels like it can be confirmed reasonably if it's a counter-hit from my experience. I'd like to see if someone could verify this.

anyways, i came to this dead forum to say that karin's charged v-skill loop is crazy good. It can be manually timed as a meaty (~+2 on block) if you activate v-skill slightly after the opponent touches the floor upon soft or hard knockdown. This means you don't have to depend on any previous setup to get the timing right. The active frames on her VS is large so there is some leniency on its meaty timing. On block, opponents have a high tendency to think it's negative on block so you can counter-hit jab them into a combo. On hit, you can go for another manually timed meaty v-skill to continue your pressure

For opponents that vary their wake-up with either quick rise or roll rise, the manually timed v-skill will still cover both options if you delay the meaty timing further. However, you'll only get the frame advantage on block if they do a roll rise.

some people will do meaty shoulder as an alternative but i find the timing much harder than meaty v-skill. Plus, the recovery on an accidental whiff shoulder is greater and can be punished. Both deal 80 damage so meaty v-skill is the better choice

One downside is that it's slow so the opponent has time to react with a reversal.
    edited October 10
    Now that Arcade Edition has been announced i keep wondering what Karin's 2nd V-trigger could possibly be?
    I think she could really benefit from having armor added to some of her attacks and maybe even a command grab? idk?!

(Also, still holding out for the possibility of a new v-skill/v-reversal and CA)
    Post edited by Momohimechan on

Now that Arcade Edition has been announced i keep wondering what Karin's 2nd V-trigger could possibly be?
    I think she could really benefit from having armor added to some of her attacks and maybe even a command grab? idk?!

(Also, still holding out for a the possibility of a new v-skill/v-reversal and CA)

Karin doesn't really need anything right now, but she might need something after the balance and system changes.
    handa711 wrote: »

Karin doesn't really need anything right now, but she might need something after the balance and system changes.

I still would like to know what they could give her? Just for curiosity sake ; 3 ;
    Looking at the screenshots for Ken and Chun-li, both have like mini supers from previous games
    maybe it'll be something along the lines of like her Kanzuki Ryuu kou'ou ken(super Ressenha from alpha 3)

edited October 10
    What about looking at Karin's Alpha 3 incarnation? What I'm hoping is they give her a counter as a 2nd V-trigger since that is sorely missing from her move set and a lot of Karin players weren't happy about it.
    What about looking at Karin's Alpha 3 incarnation? What I'm hoping is they give her a counter as a 2nd V-trigger since that is sorely missing from her move set and a lot of Karin players weren't happy about it.

I personally think that would be better suited for a v-skill. (fingers crossed for new v-skills) >.<

• fohstickfohstick Joined: Posts: 339
    her 2nd v-trigger better be fucking good. Her current v-trigger is practically a locked subset of her move list
  • Ren_HibikiRen_Hibiki Joined: Posts: 8
    Her current v-trigger is super gimmicky! I'd take a 3 bar v-trigger anyway day if it made her play less linear! fuck her current v-trigger! >:)
    New costume

22519143_484253528624215_1672607066981665945_n.jpg?oh=3a78f9b84417c6556c0d84ce574c977d&oe=5A679BDE
    Waaaah!~ So perfect, it really suits her! >w<