SFV FAQ/INFO: BETA is LIVE. Stay up late Tuesday Night. NEW CFN LAUNCHES 9PM PST/12AM EST

Comments

• CapitalistixCapitalistix Joined: Posts: 47
    So how hard are you guys diggin on Juri? I could barely play her the way she was meant in 4 but I love her here
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,857 mod
    So how hard are you guys diggin on Juri? I could barely play her the way she was meant in 4 but I love her here

She seems fun. Only played her a few games.

It seems people who didn't play her a lot in IV like her more than the people who religiously used her in IV who seem to struggle more with the transition. I like that her game is more offensive while still being able to control mid range and still has a lot of room for tech with her v skill and trigger. Air chains look fun too.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• QuarkQuark Joined: Posts: 4,069

That being said, we’re still working on implementing a new, more robust system that will address the issue more completely by early next year.

Hopefully that means ragequits will finally count as losses. Although the fact that they say it will be a "robust system" makes me worry it's going to be something excessively complicated again.

The rest of the news is pretty good. Especially the addition of daily challenges for FM. I can't say any of these changes blow me away, but it's a good sign that Capcom is at least trying to incorporate community feedback.

"Please understand, I never had a secret chart
    To get me to the heart of this or any other matter"
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    So does anyone think they scrapped boss fights?
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • ParryThisParryThis Joined: Posts: 443
    Quark wrote: »

That being said, we’re still working on implementing a new, more robust system that will address the issue more completely by early next year.

Hopefully that means ragequits will finally count as losses. Although the fact that they say it will be a "robust system" makes me worry it's going to be something excessively complicated again.

The rest of the news is pretty good. Especially the addition of daily challenges for FM. I can't say any of these changes blow me away, but it's a good sign that Capcom is at least trying to incorporate community feedback.

I'm starting to worry the same thing. Doesn't clearly state that every RQ will result in LP deductions. <sigh>
    My Mains:
    3rdStrike: Hugo
    SF5: Urien
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,409

prob not cause im the final boss of this game

Nah. Targets went from releasing soon after launch to 7 months after launch, so ex battle mode should be in another month or two. The only thing they've legit scrapped is Zenny which isn't even a mode.

• FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,430 mod
    The fuck is EX battle mode
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,827 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 2016
    Froztey wrote: »

A series of CPU boss fights, with special conditions, or something like that.
    @Froztey first post has more info in the basics of it

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931

I'd imagine it would function close to MKX boss mode but with more variables. Shit was a dumb broken mess in MKX.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,107

mode where all moves are EX
    even normals
  • loopizloopiz Joined: Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    any place online (i hoped it would be in this thread) where the "battle styles" are explained (balanced, defensive etc) ? And what about those diagrams at the end of games that try to hightlight what you mostly did (the three values seem to be projectile, punch and something else) ? anyone tried to decipher those ?
    www.streetfighter-fr.com
  • shimotoshimoto Joined: Posts: 1
    This may have been answered, but at what point, from searching for a match to actually getting into a match, will you get marked for disconnecting?
    I was banned a few days ago after a string of internet-related disconnects. Some happened during the match, some after finding an opponent but prior to the match starting, and it seemed like some happened during the search.

just want a better uunderstanding of wwhat Capcom is looking at and what sscenarios im being punished for.
    shimoto wrote: »
    This may have been answered, but at what point, from searching for a match to actually getting into a match, will you get marked for disconnecting?
    I was banned a few days ago after a string of internet-related disconnects. Some happened during the match, some after finding an opponent but prior to the match starting, and it seemed like some happened during the search.

just want a better uunderstanding of wwhat Capcom is looking at and what sscenarios im being punished for.

Not sure, but I would imagine that it would be at the point you are seeing the VS screen until you go back to the search screen. Basically, if you have connection issues you should work those out before going online if you don't want to risk getting locked out. The system is not going to save you because your disconnects are malfunction related.

• AbbelboxeAbbelboxe Joined: Posts: 122
    Quark wrote: »
    Hopefully that means ragequits will finally count as losses.

Whoever drops out of the game should lose...
    A Feature Warcraft 3 from 2001 got right. And probably even games before that.
    USF4: Seth (and Sakura and Dhalsim)
    SF5: M.Bison

Always play the evil Asshole!

Some of my Matches. Feel free to watch... or not.
    Season 2 Matches
    Just so everyone knows, if you're low on fight money the first Double FM event happens this weekend. Supposedly its ranked match only.

Double FM Event

Double Fight Money is happening! We appreciate your support for Street Fighter V, so we’re giving you the chance to double your FM earnings in Ranked Match! We will hold our first Double FM Event on the weekend of September 2-4th. Please stay tuned for more details!

• itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,107
    edited August 2016
    honestly
    even double would still be slow
    but it's better than nothing
  • AbbelboxeAbbelboxe Joined: Posts: 122
    edited August 2016
    Just so everyone knows, if you're low on fight money the first Double FM event happens this weekend. Supposedly its ranked match only.

Double FM Event

Double Fight Money is happening! We appreciate your support for Street Fighter V, so we’re giving you the chance to double your FM earnings in Ranked Match! We will hold our first Double FM Event on the weekend of September 2-4th. Please stay tuned for more details!

Yay. Now I have to win only 1.000 fights for a new character. Thank you soooooo much Capcom. My vocabulary lacks the necessary superlatives to express my appreciation for this awesome event. And that goes for my native language, too.
    USF4: Seth (and Sakura and Dhalsim)
    SF5: M.Bison

Always play the evil Asshole!

Some of my Matches. Feel free to watch... or not.
    Season 2 Matches
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,280
    For how is written it seem it will last only few days "We will hold our first Double FM Event on the weekend of September 2-4th"
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
    Most have seen in the game already, but the double FM for ranked starts Friday at 4PM PST/7PM EST.

More news on Urien update coming soon.

Bout to start soon (5 hours). Kick back, get dat fight money, watch Daigo win

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,646
    Abbelboxe wrote: »

Double FM Event

Yay. Now I have to win only 1.000 fights for a new character. Thank you soooooo much Capcom. My vocabulary lacks the necessary superlatives to express my appreciation for this awesome event. And that goes for my native language, too.

I'm not sure of your skill level but your best bet is probably to use your lowest level characters. That's another 1000 FM per level. Hmm does the double FM apply to leveling up too?
    Its just fight money AFAIK.

• EasilynEasilyn Inactive. Joined: Posts: 1,405
    I like how Xrd and uniel handled the fight money tbh.

Cuz sfv is basically 80-120$ if you get premium costumes and season pass.

Doa 5: Random Select.
    Ultra: Makoto/dudley/hugo/Oni/Cody/Guy/Honda/Poison.
    Mvc2: Random Select.
    Sf5: All the odd ones, no main
  • coconutz50coconutz50 Joined: Posts: 132
    Sorry if this information has been posted within the thousands of posts that have been made here since it was announced but does this also mean you will lose twice as much FM if you lose?
  • JoeyTonesJoeyTones Joined: Posts: 1,079
    edited September 2016
    coconutz50 wrote: »
    Sorry if this information has been posted within the thousands of posts that have been made here since it was announced but does this also mean you will lose twice as much FM if you lose?
    Nope, you can't lose Fight Money. You're thinking LP points, which will be unaffected by this event. You won't rank up faster, you will earn Fight Money faster.

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,646
    Its just fight money AFAIK.

That's BS then. You get Fight Money when you level. If it's Double FM weekend you should get double fight money when you level.
    JoeyTones wrote: »
    Nope, you can't lose Fight Money. You're thinking LP points, which will be unaffected by this event. You won't rank up faster, you will earn Fight Money faster.

Thank you for that info Tones. Now let's make some money.
    Is it only me, or did anyone else here earn 0 fight money last night? I was online last night from 8 pm to 930 pm EST "earning" over 300 LPs with the vast majority being fight wins and gained no FM. WTF? This expensive capcom beta program continues to confuse.
    I believe you only earn fight money in ranked when your character levels up. It's a bonus for leveling up. They must be doing this only for ranked as some test since ranked is about the slowest way to earn fight money in the game.

• KodoshinKodoshin Joined: Posts: 6
    Certainly experienced no such problems with the fight money accounting. Have been experiencing seemingly random disconnects though. Shit happening at times that make no sense, like right after the first round begins or right when we are starting the 3rd match of a 2 out of 3. Makes me not want to play the game because I've no idea who is getting tagged with the quit markers. I wonder if the game is buckling under the increased server traffic.
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce In Makoto I Trust Joined: Posts: 3,099
    edited September 2016
    The only thing doubled was my piss off level,still waiting minutes for a single match, then 3 out of 4 were against USA players when I'm in Europe. I would prefer an improvement in matchmaking and a damn region filter,but seems impossible to get by Capcom and his lonely employer working at the server. Smh, they keep remember me why I didn't play online this game.
    I believe you only earn fight money in ranked when your character levels up. It's a bonus for leveling up. They must be doing this only for ranked as some test since ranked is about the slowest way to earn fight money in the game.

Sorry, I forgot to mention it was during ranked matches (thought that was understood). Did capcom say the double FM was the result of leveling up? I will try tonight to see if double FM exists.
    edited September 2016

Sorry, I forgot to mention it was during ranked matches (thought that was understood). Did capcom say the double FM was the result of leveling up? I will try tonight to see if double FM exists.

I knew you were talking about ranked.

Actually from what I hear you're supposed to get 100 FM after every win in ranked (normally you only get 50). Play ranked some more and let me know if you are getting your 100 FM after a win.

You do also get a 1,000 FM bonus for leveling up, but I don't know if that will get doubled or not.

I knew you were talking about ranked.

Actually from what I hear you're supposed to get 100 FM after every win in ranked (normally you only get 50). Play ranked some more and let me know if you are getting your 100 FM after a win.

You do also get a 1,000 FM bonus for leveling up, but I don't know if that will get doubled or not.

I think you missed the point. I did not receive any FM. Not 100 or 50. I usually get FM after I win a match. After all those wins, my FM remained the same. Nothing Nathin Nodda. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Nah haven't experienced that yet, but I'll check again and see if I do.