SFV FAQ/INFO: BETA is LIVE. Stay up late Tuesday Night. NEW CFN LAUNCHES 9PM PST/12AM EST

Comments

• JackSherakJackSherak Joined: Posts: 14
    Thanks guy's think I may take the risk over subjecting myself to Sony's call center, will inevitably pre order at some point anyway.
    I pre ordered but can't seem to pay for it
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,706 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah, the other guy earlier in thread was having a similar issue where he could pre order it but wasn't letting him pay. Not sure if that will effect your ability to play in the beta or not.

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

• purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,625
    On the listing for SFV on the PSN, if you scroll down at the bottom to "Other Items" or some shit like that, you can see the listing for the SFV beta there. See if it shows you as already owning it and if you can download it.
    Will check but I initially asked the question because I read that capcom had removed the beta access pre order incentive after the problems with the first beta test and just switched it to application (which I did a few week ago, since closed). I saw what the other guy said but I had funds in my account. Will try again later and look for that beta on the other items page but from memory before I'm pretty sure it wasn't showing on my system.
  • TiberiousTiberious Oh noes! Teh FURRY! Joined: Posts: 1,066
    Seeing that this beta period is for PC as well, I pulled the trigger just now on the prepurchase on Steam. I should be able to get in on it since I have it 'bought', right? Also, will the game run on Windows 7? I'd hate to have to move to Win10 just to play this thing.
    I write about games. Current post about the PS3's hacking.
    http://one-step-back.blogspot.com/
    You should be fine with Windows 7. Its a steam game so should be fine. Killer Instinct is the only upcoming PC fighter I know of that requires Windows 10 since all Xbone games are run through their online gaming service.

If you pre ordered you should be good to go.

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

• GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 2,952
    I'm not sure about which version of Windows you need, but what sucks is pc guys will get less time with the game than console it seems, or did that change due to backlash?
    CFN: Dmen05
    PSN: davmen05
    edited October 2015
    GenUser! wrote: »
    I'm not sure about which version of Windows you need, but what sucks is pc guys will get less time with the game than console it seems, or did that change due to backlash?

If there's anyone whos going to stand up to backlash its Capcom and overall PC players seem way too content for Capcom to budge. There isnt a flood of people being irate on twitter or anything. Lot of people who want to play this game already have PS4s.

PC master race only gets 2 days. Have to hold dat L. I have both PS4 and master race and honestly Karin is the only character I want to play so I really can't "play" until Saturday regardless. If you have a PS4 but only want to play Karin or Rashid its gonna feel long either way.

Heres the system requirements. Long as you have 64 bit Windows 7 you're good.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.6 GHz
    RAM: 6 GB
    Video: Nvidia GTX 480 or higher
    Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card or onboard chipset
    DirectX: Version 11
    Internet: Broadband connection required

And here's what you'll need to hadouken a guy in the junk really hard:
    Recommended specs below
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @3.50GHz
    RAM: 8 GB
    Video: Nvidia GTX 960
    Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card or onboard chipset
    DirectX: Version 11
    Internet: Broadband connection required

• ClawwwClawww Joined: Posts: 519
    yeah it sucks to have 2 days, but it's hard to be mad in the long run since they're going for crossplay.
    your 09er is showing
    I've plumped for steam version, company offering 30% off for a steam key and guaranteed beta access sealed it, plus get to use my fightstick, 2 days is crapper but when I first read about the beta they said PC wasn't getting one so little victories n all...
  • BunkeiBunkei AlphaISM or bust Joined: Posts: 256
    2nd BETA Details: Combofiend's details http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2015/10/07/street-fighter-v-beta-2-details

DevilJin's Breakdown: Next beta is set for October 22nd-25th worldwide (Thurs-Sun). You'll get the weekend to play this so if you're off on weekends good for you. PS4 beta will be available all 4 days while PC beta will only be available on Saturday and Sunday (24th and 5th). As for the characters Ken (sighhh), Necalli, R.Mika and Vega will be available from day one. Rashid will be available on Friday the 23rd and Karin will be available on Saturday the 24th. Meaning if you like Karin you only got 2 days to crack it out with her. This will be done to test the downloading service.

DevilJin .. please update with the new changes to the beta schedule per:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2015/10/19/sfv-beta-2-information-update

Beta 2 schedule (subject to change):

10/21/15 18:00 PST (10/22 02:00 BST/10:00 JST) – The second SFV beta begins for PS4 users. Characters available: Ken, Necalli, Vega, R. Mika
    10/22/15 14:00 PST (22:00 BST/ 10/23 06:00 JST) – Servers down for scheduled maintenance for 12 hours.
    10/23/15 02:00 PST (10:00 BST/18:00 JST) – Servers back online. Rashid unlocked.
    10/23/15 09:00 PST (17:00 BST/ 10/24 01:00 JST) – The second SFV beta begins for both PC and PS4 users (cross-platform play).
    10/23/15 17:00 PST (10/24 01:00 BST/09:00 JST) – Karin unlocked.
    10/24/15 04:00 PST (12:00 BST/20:00 JST) – Servers down for scheduled maintenance for 10 hours.
    10/24/15 14:00 PST (22:00 BST/ 10/25 06:00 JST) – Servers back online.
    10/25/15 16:00 PST (10/26 0:00 BST/ 08:00 JST) – Beta 2 concludes.
    ^ this means more time for PC users (Fri evening - Sunday evening instead of just Saturday and Sunday) .. EXCELLENT NEWS INDEED!!!!!
    edited October 2015
    Good looking out. Looks like the PC people get a bit of extra time. Looks like the beta technically starts Wed night and Karin should be available by Friday night. Gonna be chasing home on Friday

Ill update after the Eagles probably lose tonight

Man they are having some really weird times for maintenance. And wtf maintenance takes that long.
    purbeast wrote: »
    Man they are having some really weird times for maintenance. And wtf maintenance takes that long.

I think it's necessary given that their testing out a bunch of new stuff in this build and given what happened when the beta first came out, I can't blame them.
    Bunkei wrote: »

I think it's necessary given that their testing out a bunch of new stuff in this build and given what happened when the beta first came out, I can't blame them.

Yeah I am not sure what they are actually doing during maintenance, but it just seems the timing of it is like peak hours. But I guess when the beta is literally going on across all parts of the world, all times will be bad for someone.

Also if you haven't snagged the free mobile SF5 guide that is in my sig, grab it in time for the beta as it has all the beta characters in it (as well as ones that aren't in the beta).
    Updated first page with accurate scheduling of beta.

Making a list of playable times for beta and a revised list that is more US time zone friendly.

Playable times:
    Wednesday 6PM PST / 9PM EST until Thursday 2PM PST / 5 PM EST (then shuts down)
    (reopens)
    Friday 2AM PST / 5AM EST until Saturday 4AM PST / 7AM EST (then shuts down)
    (reopens)
    Saturday 2PM PST / 5PM EST until Sunday 4PM PST / 7PM EST (beta closes)

Wednesday 6:00PM PST / 9:00 PM EST The second SFV beta begins for PS4 users. Characters available: Ken, Necalli, Vega, R. Mika. Beta playable until...
    Thursday 2:00PM PST / 5:00 PM EST Servers down for scheduled maintenance for 12 hours. Beta reopens at...
    Friday 2:00 AM PST / 5:00 AM EST Servers back online. Rashid unlocked.
    Friday 9:00 AM PST / 12:00 PM EST The second SFV beta begins for both PC and PS4 users (cross-platform play).
    Friday 5:00 PM PST / 8:00 PM EST Karin unlocked
    Saturday 4:00 AM PST / 7:00 AM EST Servers down for scheduled maintenance for 10 hours
    Saturday 2:00PM PST / 5:00 PM EST Servers back online
    Sunday 4:00 PM PST / 7:00 PM EST Beta 2 concludes

Updated first page with accurate scheduling of beta.

Making a list of playable times for beta and a revised list that is more US time zone friendly.

Playable times:
    Wednesday 6PM PST / 9PM EST until Thursday 2PM PST / 5 PM EST (then shuts down)
    (reopens)
    Friday 2AM PST / 5AM EST until Saturday 4AM PST / 7AM EST (then shuts down)
    (reopens)
    Saturday 2PM PST / 5PM EST until Sunday 4PM PST / 7PM EST (beta closes)

Wednesday 6:00PM PST / 9:00 PM EST The second SFV beta begins for PS4 users. Characters available: Ken, Necalli, Vega, R. Mika. Beta playable until...
    Thursday 2:00PM PST / 5:00 PM EST Servers down for scheduled maintenance for 12 hours. Beta reopens at...
    Friday 2:00 AM PST / 5:00 AM EST Servers back online. Rashid unlocked.
    Friday 9:00 AM PST / 12:00 PM EST The second SFV beta begins for both PC and PS4 users (cross-platform play).
    Friday 5:00 PM PST / 8:00 PM EST Karin unlocked
    Saturday 4:00 AM PST / 7:00 AM EST Servers down for scheduled maintenance for 10 hours
    Saturday 2:00PM PST / 5:00 PM EST Servers back online
    Sunday 4:00 PM PST / 7:00 PM EST Beta 2 concludes

Don't forget the thread title :)
    Bit of update on getting the beta if you pre order, I pre ordered yesterday, gave me no option to pay, did not deduct money from wallet and just gave me the 400+ days timer.

I just looked on PS Store on my PC at work, went to it in the store and it said "pre ordered" against it, as it did yesterday from my PS4, there was a link under it thou saying download, I clicked it and it added it to my PS4 download queue. So looking good for beta access even thou no money has been taken.
  • Soul7Soul7 Joined: Posts: 485
    JackSherak wrote: »
    I just looked on PS Store on my PC at work, went to it in the store and it said "pre ordered" against it, as it did yesterday from my PS4, there was a link under it thou saying download, I clicked it and it added it to my PS4 download queue. So looking good for beta access even thou no money has been taken.

I tried that a while ago. It gets stuck on the download queue. I mean it doesn't download at all, actually. can't even hit %1.
    Want Arika (a.k.a SF EX) characters in SF5?
    Like this page: https://www.facebook.com/ArikaCharactersForStreetFighterV
    Or Sign this Petition: https://www.change.org/p/yoshinori-ono-team-street-fighter-v-petition-arika-characters-for-street-fighter-v
    Petition for Capcom to buy the Arika characters' license in order to hopefully include some as DLC in SFV.
  • SlizzardSlizzard Joined: Posts: 1,402
    edited October 2015
    All I know is it's gonna be hype when the game starts, 27 hours until we're good to go.

I'd like to record my games to share, dunno if anyone wants to watch me play or not though. Maybe you guys could make fun of my play. Then again maybe you'd like my play, who knows. I tested it with ultra sf4 so I can do it, was fiddling with it a few days ago with twitch.
    Slizzard wrote: »
    All I know is it's gonna be hype when the game starts, 27 hours until we're good to go.

I'd like to record my games to share, dunno if anyone wants to watch me play or not though. Maybe you guys could make fun of my play. Then again maybe you'd like my play, who knows. I tested it with ultra sf4 so I can do it, was fiddling with it a few days ago with twitch.

I wouldn't like your play but show it to me anyways

• RandomBSRandomBS Joined: Posts: 772
    I sure hope theres a preload for PC, dont want to waste possible gametime by having to download the game while the beta is active
    I'm so hype about the fact that the beta is starting in about 24 hours! LETS START SOME SHIT!
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,811
    Since we will have CFN functions do you think the name we choose tomorrow will be the one we end up having during release?
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • melflomilmelflomil Above Average Fighter Joined: Posts: 2,813
    Nah they gonna reset every thing
    SF5 = Laura
    UMvC3= X-23, Chris Redfield & Dante
    PSN= melflomil
  • Dat_NiggaDat_Nigga Joined: Posts: 99
    The beta is currently up.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,811
    Dat_Nigga wrote: »
    The beta is currently up.

Don't do this to me
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • BixHDBixHD Semi-lurker Joined: Posts: 193
    cant wait for all the Ken mirrors on day 1

oh yeah, I think the share button wasn't disabled when I entered in one of the random times they opened it up this week so you might be able to stream/record.

if I get in in time before it closes tonight, I will check
    not really active anymore
    usually playing Yang, Ryu, and Cammy in every SF

Hampton Roads VA FGC info:
    Facebook group
    Discord server
    the usual hub, That Game Store is relocating (again) to get away from the increasing crime in the area.
    I'm playing. Can still only play Vega or R.Mika. Like the new training recording functions. Can set up to 5 recordings and choose which one you want to play back. I'll probably just switch up between Ken, R.Mika and Vega until Karin gets unlocked. That's all I really wanna play.

I can't get in any matches, been in training for like 30 minutes now.

I thought Ken and Necali were supposed to be at the start?
    edited October 2015
    I can't get in any matches, been in training for like 30 minutes now.

I thought Ken and Necali were supposed to be at the start?

This is a stress test I think. The beta isn't even supposed to start till Wednesday. It's kinda like an extra freebie test as it still only has Vega and R.Mika like the previous "stress test". Definitely not an official beta test.

I got one match in that was an R.Mika mirror. She's pretty fun.

• DaleruDaleru Joined: Posts: 76
    Do you think they will reset the user accounts once the game is properly released? After trying countless variations of the name I wanted, I entered a gibberish name assuming something was broken on Capcom's end and it took it. Looking back, I wonder if my desired name didn't accidentally trigger some sort of profanity filter, since it contained the word "Assist"
  • FeiWrongFeiWrong Joined: Posts: 358
    So who do I have to fuck to get a ps4 key :o ?
  • GojiraGojira Watch out KOF here I come Joined: Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well, I think it just finally went down for maintenance. Was able to get in a couple of hours somehow.
    HEY EVERYONE LET'S DO THE TAE KWAN DO THANG
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,806 mod
    sfOmar wrote: »
    Did you pre-order the game?
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    d3v wrote: »
    Did you pre-order the game?

I'm in Europe, so it doesn't matter. I have, however, gotten myself an American account, so if I just can get a hand on a beta key, that would be great. Of course I am willing to pay (not too much, tho - I'm not desperate).
  • HejinHejin Hyper Combo Finish! Joined: Posts: 66
    edited October 2015
    I happened to be up super late and found the beta online with Vega and Mika.

Played some matches, lost horribly, but damn, Mika is so much fun. Can't wait to actually play all night after 9pm tonight.

EDIT: Also got to try Rashid, he and Necalli were put in an update, guessing it's not permanent though.
    SFV: R. Mika

USFIV: Juri/Poison

3S: Alex
  • Soul7Soul7 Joined: Posts: 485
    I guess they would've sent the beta codes from the enrollment on the SFv site by now.
    Guess ill have to wait for the game to come out to try it. :cry: :crybaby:
    Want Arika (a.k.a SF EX) characters in SF5?
    Like this page: https://www.facebook.com/ArikaCharactersForStreetFighterV
    Or Sign this Petition: https://www.change.org/p/yoshinori-ono-team-street-fighter-v-petition-arika-characters-for-street-fighter-v
    Petition for Capcom to buy the Arika characters' license in order to hopefully include some as DLC in SFV.
    Soul7 wrote: »
    I guess they would've sent the beta codes from the enrollment on the SFv site by now.

I feel you, bro!
    Soul7 wrote: »

Man I'm with you, you were right and when I got home there was nothing happening on my PS4 :( im on the PC beta but Im going away friday till Monday so will miss it :( :( :(
    Beta is randomly live again. Only 3 of the 4 characters are playable for me (Vega, Mika, Necalli)

• BixHDBixHD Semi-lurker Joined: Posts: 193
    edited October 2015
    Pre beta has now been closed. Official beta will open in ~10 hours

EDIT: its been opened again...
    not really active anymore
    usually playing Yang, Ryu, and Cammy in every SF

Hampton Roads VA FGC info:
    Facebook group
    Discord server
    the usual hub, That Game Store is relocating (again) to get away from the increasing crime in the area.
    edited October 2015
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EynGiN9it10MLvN_L88G9Eu-4nzjGxgMO9FIElG-pK4/edit

Updated SFV basics document with info on the V systems and the combo system. Explains you can create true one/just frame links.

Playing now!
  • TiberiousTiberious Oh noes! Teh FURRY! Joined: Posts: 1,066
    So, when I get the beta downloaded onto my system, I'm going to try copying off any files from the 'BGM' directory... With luck, it's some kind of CRI Middleware format like it was in IV.

Has anyone been seeing any logos come up during the boot process that might help me out in advance?
    I write about games. Current post about the PS3's hacking.
    http://one-step-back.blogspot.com/
    @DevilJin 01 But is the beta the latest build?
    I've been in training mode since that post I made saying I was playing now, no opponents heh. Kinda want to play someone.
    edited October 2015
    @DevilJin 01 But is the beta the latest build?

It seems up to date with what people were playing at SCR. Especially since Necalli's shoulder charge special is charge, his dp went back to motion and R.Mika can't do any lights to mediums other than target combo.

Which means Ken probably won't be able to do the Maximilian bnb (c.LK, s.LK, c.LK shoryu IIRC)