Arcade Games

Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,865
Wow. Didn't know that arcade games are still being made...

general-discussion

virtua-tennis-4-deluxe-video-arcade-virtual-tennis-game-sega-amusements.jpg

mario-kart-arcade-gp-dx-video-arcade-game-twin-namco.jpg

pacman-arcade-party-classic-video-arcade-game-coin-upright-namco.jpg

xmen-magneto-pinball-machine-stern-pinball.jpg

Found this here and on some Youtube videos:

http://www.bmigaming.com/

Comments

• DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,370
    edited October 2015
    Racing and gun games are huge at places like Dave & Busters, but they also make a lot of amusement games and even have some arcade versions of touch games that come out on iOS.

They have this one horror-themed gun game that you sit in a booth and it's sort of a 4D thing. You wear 3D glasses but the seats jolt, there's mist that comes at you, and if there's an enemy behind you, there's some air that hits your neck. It's a pretty cool game.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • HotobuHotobu Simpsonized Joined: Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What is an Arrr-ccaaade?
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX DBGT non canon > maxxvatar OVA Joined: Posts: 17,873
    Arcade | Arcade stick
    Fightstick | Fightcade

sigh.

So replacing Arcade with FIGHT

Final Fight
    Final Arcade?
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,865
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    Racing and gun games are huge at places like Dave & Busters, but they also make a lot of amusement games and even have some arcade versions of touch games that come out on iOS.

They have this one horror-themed gun game that you sit in a booth and it's sort of a 4D thing. You wear 3D glasses but the seats jolt, there's mist that comes at you, and if there's an enemy behind you, there's some air that hits your neck. It's a pretty cool game.

House of the Dead?
  • Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »

House of the Dead?

The game he's talking about is Dark Escape 4D

"I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
    Rick Ross wrote: »

House of the Dead?

The game he's talking about is Dark Escape 4D

Yeah that's the one! (Although the House Of The Dead series is one of my favorites!)

I usually blow most of my credits playing Dark Escape when I go to D&B xD
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,212
    Yea, Dark Escape 4D is pretty cool. Last time I went to D&B it was all I played.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    Wait, we talking about arcade games, and not discussing the greatest of them all?

Boong-Ga Boong-Ga:

boongga-boonga.jpg

manpoke.jpg
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    Anyone seen or played any new arcade games lately?
  • SleazoidSleazoid Joined: Posts: 4,744
    yeah there are companies that still "make" arcade games. the big players in america are betson and raw thrills.

i put make in parenthesis because you cannot exactly describe what they do as original work. here's a couple of the arcade games they've made in the last few years:

crossy road
    frogger
    galaga
    fruit ninja
    candy crush sage tickets
    dance central
    doodle jump

yeah, these fools basically throw money to get the rights to some shitty thing you can already play somewhere else, and make an arcade version of it.

japan is still doing fairly original stuff, though there are a lot of games that flop, lots of trend following, and lots of games that copy each other or aren't that much different from other games made by the same company.
    New games:

• AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,053
    edited September 12
    Yes, great arcade games are still being made. This one in particular is my favorite:

Aliens Armegeddon(2014). Love this shooter so much!! It's every bit as good as the kind of shooters that would have been released in arcades at it's peak. I only ever see it at Lasertag arcades though.

Man that ending was weak for that Alien game. Reminds me of the weak endings of early Mortal Kombat games. Was this Revision 1.1 or something?

There's this giant galaga, giant pacman, and giant centipede game at the local arcade
  • JGreenJGreen Joined: Posts: 1,666
    Whenever I think of any Alien arcade game, I always remember AVP. So many good memories beating that game as Lyn.
    There's been a trend of barcades opening up around Nashville here. I have at least 3 bars I can go to that have SF2, MvC2, NBA Jam, and or even multigame Mame cabs. It's pretty cool to say the least and some of them are legit great bars/clubs. This is in addition to having Game Galaxy which is a great arcade especially if you like old school fighters.

Still though, this barcade trend is probably the best thing that's come out of people my age getting a couple bucks in their pockets and feeling nostalgic lol
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 457
    Yeah the barcades here are convenient. There's Crazy Taxi, Outrun, Metal Slug 3, TMNT Turtles in Time, SF2CE, UMK3, Terminator 2, and many 80's with Punch Out, Arkanoid, Space invaders, etc.
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,053
    edited September 16
    Man that ending was weak for that Alien game. Reminds me of the weak endings of early Mortal Kombat games. Was this Revision 1.1 or something?

There's this giant galaga, giant pacman, and giant centipede game at the local arcade

No that's the finished game. It's is called Aliens "Armageddon" after all. Meaning earth is fucked.

Anyway, ending aside, the game is otherwise 5-stars all the way. It's every bit as good as classic shooters like House of the Dead and Time Crisis from back in the day. I've only ever seen it at Lasertag arcades though, so that's your best bet if you want to try it out.

The same company also recently made a damn good Walking Dead shooter as well:

Your light guns are shaped like crossbows and you HAVE to get headshots to take down a zombie.

• jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Closest barcade to me is an hour and a half away minimum.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,200
    The only thing I hate about barcades is that it's made the price on cabs go up because of the demand. So it sucks to be a collector now.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

No that's the finished game. It's is called Aliens "Armageddon" after all. Meaning earth is fucked.

Anyway, ending aside, the game is otherwise 5-stars all the way. It's every bit as good as classic shooters like House of the Dead and Time Crisis from back in the day. I've only ever seen it at Lasertag arcades though, so that's your best bet if you want to try it out.

Your light guns are shaped like crossbows and you HAVE to get headshots to take down a zombie.

They have that Aliens game at Dave & Busters too. I played it Friday with my lady friend there.
    The only thing I hate about barcades is that it's made the price on cabs go up because of the demand. So it sucks to be a collector now.

One of my buddies is one of the partners in Game Galaxy arcade here and he was saying the same thing. You used to be able to get SF2 machines dirt cheap and now people want money for them. Guess it's good that they have value again though.
  • Strider2k2Strider2k2 OG FGC Scrub Joined: Posts: 306
    I'm currently vacationing in Wuhan, China (where my wife is from)..and there are arcades in every single mall we've visited. I was pleasantly surprised by how healthy & lively the arcades/game centers are there.

The games we've seen / got to play were racing games (Outrun 2 SP, Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 4/5, etc), fighting games (SSF4:AE, KOF 98, Tekken Tag 2, SF2, Samurai Shodown 2, etc) and rhythm games (some DDR/Stepmania/Bemani clones). Other games that were there were lightgun shooting games, arcade basketball, mini Karaoke machines (which are actually really fun), Ocean King (a really popular tabletop fish catching game), slot machines, crane machines and random touchscreen arcade cabinets for kids.

Out of the the many (~8) arcades I've visited, I noticed that there was a lack of shmups (except for 1 or 2 locations), and Gundam Versus games - which is not too surprising, given how niche both genres are.

Seeing all these arcades in a random (but rapidly modernizing) city in China, kinda give me hope that the arcade scene isn't exactly dead in other parts of the world. Needless to say, I really do miss this aspect of the arcade scene in the States.
    SFV: Chun-Li
    T7: King, Nina
    UMvc3: Morrigan/Dormammu/Trish & Nemesis/Dormammu/Vergil
    USF4: Chun-Li, Decapre, Abel
    3S: Chun-Li, Dudley, Alex
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,200

They have that Aliens game at Dave & Busters too. I played it Friday with my lady friend there.

One of my buddies is one of the partners in Game Galaxy arcade here and he was saying the same thing. You used to be able to get SF2 machines dirt cheap and now people want money for them. Guess it's good that they have value again though.

Real talk. I have two different sf2 cabs that I got in my area for 200 bucks each a few years ago. Now it's difficult to find them for less than 900-1000.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"