Cerebrawl - A 2v2 4-player Fighting Game from Zero Dimension

Comments

• cerebrawlcerebrawl Joined: Posts: 55
    edited October 2015
    Smashbro29 wrote: »
    Is there a contact email?
    Hit the form on the website and it'll go to our community guy - www.cerebrawl.in
    We just started up our Wednesday afternoon stream for those that may be interested - twitch.tv/cerebrawlin
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,339
    I'm really liking how this project is shaping up so far. I've always liked the idea of team fighting games (i.e. playing with another player on the same team) but outside of SFxT's take on it, I haven't really liked the actual product. A 4 player fighter would be a lot of fun.

Is there going to be 4 player simultaneous play at all, and if so how will that be handled?

I dig the soundtrack too and the character designs are cool and refreshing.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,624
    It upsets me I can't download the three available tracks from your soundcloud.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 558
    edited October 2015
    Game looks very interesting. The music is hype and the gameplay sounds to be on par. I will def keep an eye on this project. Im pretty excited

EDIT- After listening to Cauldron Rave afew times and annoying my coworkers, it def makes me think of charly by Prodigy

Post edited by DEZALB on
    Thanks for the support, guys!

If anyone is interested, Siliconera just put up an interview with the team that goes over some more details about us and the game - http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/24/cerebrawl-is-a-love-letter-to-marvel-vs-capcom-2/
    Is that the new design for the tacknight that on the interview or alternate costume?
    That is the current Tac Knight design. The one on the website is from earlier concept that Eliot did as part of a series. You can see more of it on his website here - http://niwindustries.com/work/niw-industries-tactical-division
    Cool art on the site.
    Just curious, what specs are we going to need to run this on pc?
  • killthevibekillthevibe i'm a marvel/dbz player now Joined: Posts: 619
    i love the designs and i wish the game is as fast and snappy as MvC2.
    DEZALB wrote: »
    Cool art on the site.
    Just curious, what specs are we going to need to run this on pc?

We're not totally sure yet, but it definitely won't be anything crazy. The game is built in a 3D space with high resolution 2D sprites, but all computers post 2010 will probably be able to run it.
  • spudmastaflashspudmastaflash www.punchplanet.com Joined: Posts: 324
    This looks really cool you guys, love the music especially. When do you think we'll see some gameplay footage?
    We're hoping we'll have something to show very soon, probably next month.
  • sharkattacksharkattack Joined: Posts: 73
    Love the spirit of this project and really drawn to the aesthetic.

Let us know how and when we can support you.
  • COALCOAL Joined: Posts: 93
    I'm really, really liking the look of this.
    Shattered dev: Blog - SRK Discussion
    edited November 2015
    Yoooo we need your help! We just launched our Thunderclap campaign to drum up some hype about our fundraising initiative on Nov. 16th - thndr.me/b86dp3
    Update - new track from 2 Mello!
  • phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 8,557
    hmm nice
    youtube sfv
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,696
    cerebrawl wrote: »
    Prototype footage

Yo maybe it's just me but it animates like Vampire Savior with updated graphics. I love it!!!
    edited November 2015
    I like that new track, good stuff.
    I like the alternate colors. Ready for a playable version lol

did the thunderclap thing
    Awesome, thanks guys!
    Lifebar animation from today's stream

http://gfycat.com/DrearyAgonizingBittern
    so the red bar section can regain life? If so do you lose that option if a tag combo is done similar to Tekken Tag?
    We're not entirely sure yet, that's probably a thing that's going to come out of testing. For now, red life can be regained when the character is benched.
    the jiggle is wacky
    youtube sfv
  • MetroxylonMetroxylon Missing link? Joined: Posts: 2,628
    Prototype footage

I don't think the music matches that background. Maybe the music is for a different stage we haven't seen yet. Seems better fit for a dungeon, mansion, or a cave with a firepit + cauldron and some sort of storm. I hope the production is going well!
    Are you clutch or crutch?
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

https://youtube.com/user/SaveReplayandQuit/videos
    Definitely agree with you - that's the Battle Witch's theme, so it fits her, but we're probably going to put in different music for the released prototype. Just wanted to tease a few things all at once :)
    Alright guys, we finally decided to do our own fundraising campaign without Kickstarter involved. You can read all about it here: http://www.cerebrawl.in/donate

Thanks to everyone that reached out to ask how they could support us!
  • liero116liero116 #rumblepack Joined: Posts: 203

Hey so, I've been sort of watching this for a while now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are doing this in Unity right?
    Yep, Unity 5.
    Cool yeah I figured. I asked because a while back, I started using Unity 5 for a fighting game. I'm still working on it, but I also worked on an interesting way to have real-time lighting on sprites. You've probably seen something like it before, but here's what I came up with:

If you are at all interested, I'd be more than happy to share with you how it was done.
    can i back for a demo key AFTER i've seen footage of the demo from others? after dec.14th?
    youtube sfv
    You can back any time! The page will be up indefinitely. We're also archiving all of the podcast episodes so you'll get access to all episodes as soon as you back the project.
    liero116 wrote: »
    Cool yeah I figured. I asked because a while back, I started using Unity 5 for a fighting game. I'm still working on it, but I also worked on an interesting way to have real-time lighting on sprites. You've probably seen something like it before, but here's what I came up with:

If you are at all interested, I'd be more than happy to share with you how it was done.

Nice! Yeah we're using Sprite DLight to generate normal maps for the sprites and then using our own custom toolset/shaders for everything else like palette swapping.
    Nice! Yeah we're using Sprite DLight to generate normal maps for the sprites and then using our own custom toolset/shaders for everything else like palette swapping.

Haha yeah that's pretty much exactly what I'm doing too. Awesome stuff man.

anything new? hope so, I liked that last song
    Sorry guys, late on an update!

Version 0.1c is out now! Bunch of stuff on the backend was added including body boxes, new input menu that can take damn near any controller ever, and a bunch of other stuff. We're putting together a teaser gameplay vid right now and will post again when that's ready! You can see exactly what we're working on here: https://trello.com/b/OgXoKtVq/cerebrawl
    DEZALB wrote: »
    anything new? hope so, I liked that last song

Not yet! Maybe soon. Mello is in Japan right now! We'll definitely post as soon as there's a new track.
  • Bubba_da_geniusBubba_da_genius Nerd, FGC Scrub, and Genius Joined: Posts: 841
    I think this game has already one me over in the character department. Both the battle witch and the little wrestler girl seem super cool
    I'm a Scrub who likes grapplers
    KoFXIV- Leona/Vice/King of Dinosaurs
    SFV- Zangief(Main)/Urien/Mika
    BBCF- Bullet(Main)/ Iron Tager

PSN/Fightcade =BubbaDaGenius
    Get scooped chump
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,696
    Glad ya still at it.
  • TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Mobility Spammer~ Joined: Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This looks dank. I was on board as soon as saw 2 Mello's name. So far what I can see is it's a 2v2 that's a MvC2/Skullgirls sort of style gameplay-wise. So far so good.

Looking forward to seeing more character designs. A knight with Swat gear is amazing :rofl:
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
    [Mian/Gang-il/Meitenkun | Ralf/Yamazaki/K' | Kensou/Vice/Geese]
    [Lucky Chloe | Poison Ivy | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]
    [Saiki/Ralf/Vice | PainWheel/Cerebella/Eliza]
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,624
    Supers gonna be unblockable. That's an interesting direction to go for a Marvel style game.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    Supers gonna be unblockable. That's an interesting direction to go for a Marvel style game.

That's actually a bug getting fixed in the next build. Unblockable supers would be bananas.
  • KwyjiboKwyjibo Joined: Posts: 476
    This sounds amazing. Assuming you plan to release on PS4 and PC, how likely is there to be crossplatform play?
    Yep - PS4 and PC are the likely candidates for release. Not sure about crossplatform, that's a thing we would have to work out with Sony and Valve probably and we're not at that point yet. It's definitely a thing we'd like to look into though!
    Getting the main menu and combat UI implemented this weekend

• FulgrateFulgrate Joined: Posts: 87
    Awesome, the game is turning out really well.
    Playing with our WIP juggle system today, need to tweak velocities because this happens: