Cerebrawl - A 2v2 4-player Fighting Game from Zero Dimension

Comments

• JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,330
    Cottoneyes wrote: »
    I wouldn't want a change on her. Glorious ripped witch.

I agree. She looks good and it makes sense for someone with muscles like that to have that physique.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • RouninRounin Joined: Posts: 174
    If you plan on releasing the game in small parts. Do you have any idea how many characters you would start with?.
  • cerebrawlcerebrawl Joined: Posts: 56
    We would like to have an 8 character roster at the very bare minimum.
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,199
    Will it have rollback netcode?
    Smashbro29 wrote: »

Without a doubt. We talked to Seth and the Rising Thunder team at PAX and it looks unlikely that we'll be able to get our hands on GGPO3 so we'll have to use an earlier version or write our own net code.
  • MarLonLonMilkMarLonLonMilk Kid Canada. Joined: Posts: 2,454
    All of this looks very promising! Especially that soundtrack. Cauldron Rave is on repeat.
    PSN & CFN: marlonlonmilk_
    NNID: MarLonLonMilk

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyaKeJSqQXVDwZCmU7av5CA
    cerebrawl wrote: »

Without a doubt. We talked to Seth and the Rising Thunder team at PAX and it looks unlikely that we'll be able to get our hands on GGPO3 so we'll have to use an earlier version or write our own net code.

Why are they holding back on GGPO3?
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,330

Why are they holding back on GGPO3?

Probably because it's their main selling feature and licensing it out cheapena their own game and makes it less special.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • ZageZage Joined: Posts: 43
    God. Why did I have to find about this game so early in it's development? The wait is going to be excruciating.
    Is there a contact email?
    edited October 2015
    Is there a contact email?
    Hit the form on the website and it'll go to our community guy - www.cerebrawl.in
    We just started up our Wednesday afternoon stream for those that may be interested - twitch.tv/cerebrawlin
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,424
    I'm really liking how this project is shaping up so far. I've always liked the idea of team fighting games (i.e. playing with another player on the same team) but outside of SFxT's take on it, I haven't really liked the actual product. A 4 player fighter would be a lot of fun.

Is there going to be 4 player simultaneous play at all, and if so how will that be handled?

I dig the soundtrack too and the character designs are cool and refreshing.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,272
    It upsets me I can't download the three available tracks from your soundcloud.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 600
    edited October 2015
    Game looks very interesting. The music is hype and the gameplay sounds to be on par. I will def keep an eye on this project. Im pretty excited

EDIT- After listening to Cauldron Rave afew times and annoying my coworkers, it def makes me think of charly by Prodigy

Post edited by DEZALB on
    Thanks for the support, guys!

If anyone is interested, Siliconera just put up an interview with the team that goes over some more details about us and the game - http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/24/cerebrawl-is-a-love-letter-to-marvel-vs-capcom-2/
    Is that the new design for the tacknight that on the interview or alternate costume?
    That is the current Tac Knight design. The one on the website is from earlier concept that Eliot did as part of a series. You can see more of it on his website here - http://niwindustries.com/work/niw-industries-tactical-division
    Cool art on the site.
    Just curious, what specs are we going to need to run this on pc?
  • killthevibekillthevibe i'm a marvel/dbz player now Joined: Posts: 661
    i love the designs and i wish the game is as fast and snappy as MvC2.
    DEZALB wrote: »
    Cool art on the site.
    Just curious, what specs are we going to need to run this on pc?

We're not totally sure yet, but it definitely won't be anything crazy. The game is built in a 3D space with high resolution 2D sprites, but all computers post 2010 will probably be able to run it.
  • spudmastaflashspudmastaflash www.punchplanet.com Joined: Posts: 335
    This looks really cool you guys, love the music especially. When do you think we'll see some gameplay footage?
    We're hoping we'll have something to show very soon, probably next month.
  • sharkattacksharkattack Joined: Posts: 73
    Love the spirit of this project and really drawn to the aesthetic.

Let us know how and when we can support you.
  • COALCOAL Joined: Posts: 93
    I'm really, really liking the look of this.
    Shattered dev: Blog - SRK Discussion
    edited November 2015
    Yoooo we need your help! We just launched our Thunderclap campaign to drum up some hype about our fundraising initiative on Nov. 16th - thndr.me/b86dp3
    Update - new track from 2 Mello!
  • phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 8,558
    hmm nice
    youtube mvci/sfv/etc. twitter @delbuster
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,907
    Prototype footage

Yo maybe it's just me but it animates like Vampire Savior with updated graphics. I love it!!!
    edited November 2015
    I like that new track, good stuff.
    I like the alternate colors. Ready for a playable version lol

did the thunderclap thing
    Awesome, thanks guys!
    Lifebar animation from today's stream

http://gfycat.com/DrearyAgonizingBittern
    so the red bar section can regain life? If so do you lose that option if a tag combo is done similar to Tekken Tag?
    We're not entirely sure yet, that's probably a thing that's going to come out of testing. For now, red life can be regained when the character is benched.
  • phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 8,558
    the jiggle is wacky
    youtube mvci/sfv/etc. twitter @delbuster
  • MetroxylonMetroxylon Missing link? Joined: Posts: 2,633
    Prototype footage

I don't think the music matches that background. Maybe the music is for a different stage we haven't seen yet. Seems better fit for a dungeon, mansion, or a cave with a firepit + cauldron and some sort of storm. I hope the production is going well!
    Are you clutch or crutch?
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

https://youtube.com/user/SaveReplayandQuit/videos
    Definitely agree with you - that's the Battle Witch's theme, so it fits her, but we're probably going to put in different music for the released prototype. Just wanted to tease a few things all at once :)