The Weather Thread

12346»

Comments

• night_of_the_nazgulnight_of_the_nazgul Joined: Posts: 16
    Two hurricanes in less than a month. This is ridik
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,510 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gravity wrote: »
    Rhio2k wrote: »
    Thinking about evacuating to Minnesota crash with my sister...

*Checks Irma status* Still a CAT 5 with sustained winds of 185 mph near the eye, and a hurricane wind field with a 50 mile radius...

Yeah it's time to leave if your in South Florida. I know the latest models have it riding up the Florida east coast, but that can change.

Folks didn't think Katrina would hit New Orleans. Hurricanes do what they want.

Shit. Stayed. Probably too late now. *sigh* If the house isn't destroyed, killing me and the family, I got guns, blades, food, water, and cash to hopefully get through the aftermath. I probably should plywood up the 2 big windows on the front of the house today or early tomorrow (I always hated those damn windows. Why does a house need windows big enough to WALK through? Was security not a concern?). Shit is HELLA backwards here: No homeowners are plywooding their windows. People in TRAILERS are doing it. We got fools in tornado-bait actually planning on staying in those things instead of going to the actual reinforced shelter of a friend or the local church.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,625 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Good luck @Rhio2k. I heard reports that Irma might swerve east and the eye wall will miss land, even so the outer winds are probably going to be category 3 level still.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • rbuniaorbuniao Joined: Posts: 182
    What are the chances someone is going to pull this during Hurricane Irma

...I don't have a flag. :sad:
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,402
    Good luck @Rhio2k. I heard reports that Irma might swerve east and the eye wall will miss land, even so the outer winds are probably going to be category 3 level still.

Nah that ship has sailed. Irma is on track to ride up the spine of Florida Late Sat Night/Early Sun Morning. It will probably be a strong Cat 4 or weak 5 when it makes landfall.
    I hope you're ready Rhio2k. Hopefully you aren't in that hurricane force wind field too long.
    edited September 8
    Damn, this is gonna suck. The worst part is sitting there, hearing shit go to hell, unable to do anything about what's going on around you. I'm heading out to my job later to take home a kitten somebody dumped there last week. The kid has a better chance here.
    edited September 9
    Got the kitten home, and in over 20 years, I have NEVER seen a kitten new to a home not immediately hide under something for 3 or so days. This kid's purring and walking around like she lives here. Other cats aren't too pleased, but in like 17 hours, they'll have bigger concerns.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064
    Going north to northwest now. Then we got Katia, Jose, and Lee...

Some say Jose is going to devestate North Carolina or Virginia
    You saw the Twitch feed on Naples, FL?
    Here we go again... Round 2 with Maria...
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Humid as fuck in NY today
    This is offensive.
    Heard a heatwave today on the east coast...

This is fucked. This is my home town up in flames. Worst fire in California history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is like Joplin after the tornado!
    Just when you thought things are getting better...

https://weather.com/news/news/2017-10-11-northern-california-wildfires-napa-valley-more-structures-burned

Whole towns are now being evacuated

All this weird stuff going on after August 21, 2017 (solar eclipse)...

Wouldn't be surprised if Mt. Raineer or Yellowstone blows within the next 5 years or so...
12346»