No Mans Sky, explore 16 quintillion planets!!! Release date, August 2016

Comments

• caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    axeman61 wrote: »
    To be honest, the scandal is more interesting than people legitimately enjoying the game anyway.
    With the scandal, you have something new coming out almost every 3 days about how the guy lied or the fallout from those lies.
    With people enjoying the game, you get "hey guys, I found a new planet" or "I'm still having fun" with no explanation (and what feels like Stepford Smile).

So true. I don't play anymore, but all of the stories post release are very entertaining. Not to mention the memes surrounding the game are hilarious.
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
  • VASagaVASaga Not Yet Strange! Let Them Wait Joined: Posts: 1,607
    Eskills wrote: »
    >People come to post in thread ONLY to shit talk and redundantly point out the game's flaws, whether they're real or not
    >Wonders why people enjoying the game are sick of it

Black-Guy-Mme-Question-Marks-Que-02.jpg

Someone talking shit about something you like has no effect on your enjoyment! :rofl:

I never said it did....?

I do like to actually discuss things I enjoy with other people, though. As of right now this thread is the only place I can do that. And as of right now any semblance of that is being drowned out by an overwhelming amount of shit posting. Its probably my fault for coming back in here at all though and hoping these sad ass dudes who didn't even buy the game would move on. Props to all the guys who actually gave valuable insight as to why they might not have enjoyed the game, though.

"Lol, I heard this game doesn't even have x or y in it lol you all got screwed!1!1!!"

^I wonder how many times I've seen this type of post just in the last 5 pages alone. Dudes admitting that they're literally coming up in here with NO knowledge of the game, haven't even tried it themselves yet, and still apparently want to drop by and contribute nothing but salt and vitriol. This is the exact shit I'm talking about. Salty ass @VASaga straight up hit Nick with a WTF just because he made a post saying he enjoyed the game. But nah, stay trying to convince me the large majority of you mooks ain't acting like sad ass little kids in grown men's bodies.

Seems like dudes get REAL sensitive and REAL defensive REAL quick once any of this energy gets thrown back at them. :rofl:

But anyway, back to NMS.

I'm not salty at all lol I'm all smiles.
    I don't want to take away someone else enjoyment of the game if they like it. I just find this whole situation funny and entertaining.
    No reason for people to be mean spirited to one another over a game, whether they like it or hate it. Its honestly not serious at all.

"I must have ascended to a higher plane of thinking than most because I play Dr Strange"
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Is the water only an inch deep?

Nah. nearly drowned a few times because that bullshit ass enhancement only gives you abou 100 seconds per enhancement, then you either refill or start running out of oxygen. What I would do to avoid it is boost over the water until you get RIGHT over the area you want and then sink to it. after that, boost your ass up and out the way you came.

I've run into a few of those damned monoliths that look like you should be walking through them, but nothing is happening. anybody else dealt with them and figured it out already?

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,083
    edited August 2016
    Someone please dig up the asuras wrath thread I couldn't have been crying this harD

EDIT: Found it!
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/116859/asuras-wrath-japanese-god-of-war/p1

I miss my grahh grahh account
    Post edited by yah yaahh b*tch! on
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    edited August 2016
    >People come to post in thread ONLY to shit talk and redundantly point out the game's flaws, whether they're real or not

Black-Guy-Meme-Question-Marks-Que-02.jpg

you are acting like this thread is your safe space.

how much of a white woman/millenial socially active black person are you
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,083

It's a lot easier to diffuse a tense debate if you can be honest with yourself aside from Nick Rocks I think most ppl who have the game tried to reverse troll the hate by making the game seem better than what it was.

Meanwhile Abzû was 3 hours of basically beautiful NOTHING and was only 20 bucks...
    How long do you guys think they need to lay low before coming out with another game (if that's possible)?

Wait until around the PS5/XBOXTWO/etc comes out in 2020 or so. The internet has a long memory and liars and charlatans are not easily forgiven nor forgotten.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
    One thing I completely neglected is underwater exploration.

Just as a suggestion on the av, I think the afro would make it even better.
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    ShogunZ wrote: »
    Hmm nothing else really to be said but, damn..bad vibes.

You people really are some sad pricks. Whatever holes you have in your lives, get that shit patched up. Or save a ton of time and resources and kill yourselves.

Oh yea
    Some small group made MILLIONS off of vague answers, lies, and lack of content
    YOU are supporting this guy

But we the pricks for pointing it out and hopefully deterring others from buying this pos

Yea we da pricks

Oh yea
    He also plans to CHARGE for content

Content that he previously said would be free. http://www.gamesradar.com/no-mans-sky-free-dlc/

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,857

Black-Guy-Mme-Question-Marks-Que-02.jpg

Someone talking shit about something you like has no effect on your enjoyment! :rofl:

I never said it did....?

I do like to actually discuss things I enjoy with other people, though. As of right now this thread is the only place I can do that. And as of right now any semblance of that is being drowned out by an overwhelming amount of shit posting. Its probably my fault for coming back in here at all though and hoping these sad ass dudes who didn't even buy the game would move on. Props to all the guys who actually gave valuable insight as to why they might not have enjoyed the game, though.

Who's more sad:

A) People that bought into the hype, lies, false advertisement and purchased a 60$ resource mining simulator

or

b) People who don't give a shit about the game itself, and occasionally come in here to have fun and laugh at people from group A) ?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,386
    Definitely option B.

I found a completely purple planet yesterday. Every bit of its surface is covered in lush purple grass and giant floating landmasses. The trees and plant life are all vibrant and colorful as fuck, it all looks really cool and I haven't even seen one lifeform oddly enough. I'll have to take a screencap when I get back home, it's probably the coolest looking atmosphere I've seen so far.

This galaxy in general has actually been really neat all around, I've been staying in this star system for almost 2 weeks now and I'm still finding goodies. It's really neat too because you can pretty much see every planet from every planet, sometimes you can just look up in th sky and there's 3 or 4 sitting up there.

Also I'm noticing that this particular section of space seems REALLY heavily populated by Gek, so much so that I can almost completely understand their language now from all the ruins and technologies I've found. My standing with them is "best friend", not sure how high up the tier list that ranks but pretty much every time I find a Gek they agree to donate a bunch of materials or something to me. Still sitting on around 16Million credits, not sure what I'm gonna use them on yet since I have yet to find a new ship that interests me.

@regulate in regards to your question, I've moved about 7 star systems away from where the game started me. Thinking about just blowing a ton of cash of resource materials and making enough Warp Drives to just say fuck it and move down like 10 or 15 star systems once I'm done with this area. Should be interesting. :flushed:
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,857
    But my copy is digital.... :anguished:

uhh...

BURN YOUR HDD!
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,575
    Starhammer wrote: »

Content that he previously said would be free. http://www.gamesradar.com/no-mans-sky-free-dlc/

-Starhammer-

So... All the shit that was supposed to be in the game from the start anyway? R.I.P.
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
  • NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,818
    What a dangerous precedent for steam to commit as well.
    Breaking their own refund policy, thats gonna come back to bite them in the ass. And forget the whole "its only for this game!" Bs before you even start it we all know thats not how these things work
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,091
    I still want proof that someone with 50hrs or more got a refund. Feels like some meme shit people are accepting as fact.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
    Ur arguing for the orecedent. So now consumers can use projected game length as an argument to get money back after sinking weeks into it? Lol
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    NMS will be a historical game in that it will be the game remembered for starting "anytime refunds" bet money
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,137
    NickRocks wrote: »
    Ur arguing for the orecedent. So now consumers can use projected game length as an argument to get money back after sinking weeks into it? Lol

You missed the point entirely.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
    There is no point this is why steam was supposed to have a refund policy in the first place
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,137
    To be fair, you have to be on some next level retard if it takes you 50 hours to realize NMS is bad.

I agree that even 30+ hours is probably too much, and as Eskills said:
    I still want proof that someone with 50hrs or more got a refund. Feels like some meme shit people are accepting as fact.

But I can still see the argument of having a lot of hours with this game and still getting a refund. Not because of the perceived amount of time one would spend with the game, but how the game is built and what the devs promised with trailer footage and promotions vs what we actually got, as I explained above. It's not like Aliens: Colonial Marines where it only really takes a couple hours (if that) to see the game isn't what was promised.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
    Also it's kinda funny people are up in arms when steams refund policy isn't concrete. They even say if you fall outside the guidelines they will still review it and may grant it. :rofl:
    edited September 2016
    Steam even made a special note of NMS store page.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/275850

"The standard Steam refund policy applies to No Man's Sky," the post reads. "There are no special exemptions available. Click here for more detail on the Steam refund policy."

Yeah I have a hard time believing people are getting these "50 hour refunds".
    Forget the amount of time put into it. How's about the lies and deception? Besides that, I'm sure that people who Pre-ordered from PSN are just stuck no matter how long they played it for. It's not that the game is garbage, but just how badly so that is causing the uproar. This game is NOT worth what was paid for it. That you can argue with. That it has NO Multiplayer and that it was said to have it can NOT be argued. You are welcome to try this shitty style at any other business. I only hope you have fire insurance.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    Also it's kinda funny people are up in arms when steams refund policy isn't concrete. They even say if you fall outside the guidelines they will still review it and may grant it. :rofl:

Well if its in the policy im okay with ppl getting refunds then :3
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Forget the amount of time put into it. How's about the lies and deception? Besides that, I'm sure that people who Pre-ordered from PSN are just stuck no matter how long they played it for. It's not that the game is garbage, but just how badly so that is causing the uproar. This game is NOT worth what was paid for it. That you can argue with. That it has NO Multiplayer and that it was said to have it can NOT be argued. You are welcome to try this shitty style at any other business. I only hope you have fire insurance.

-Starhammer-

You should try buying prints from ashley wood with that attitude :rofl:
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    edited September 2016
    NickRocks wrote: »

-Starhammer-

You should try buying prints from ashley wood with that attitude :rofl:

Buying from Ashley Wood.........................

Charlton%20Heston%20Laugh_zpseqhtrpn1.gif

I don't even like that name.

Who would run off with your cash and not give you your shit? Ashley wood!
    Who would make some wack shit and charge you a high price to buy it? Ashley wood!
    Who would fuck up an order so bad that it would make NickRocks lose his hype? Ashley wood!

Nah. I don't think I'll step into that jungle.

-Starhammer-
    Post edited by Starhammer on

AV by Rick Ross.
    *crickets*
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty