No Mans Sky, explore 16 quintillion planets!!! Release date, August 2016

Comments

• yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,083
    Ppl keep saying the developers were vague about the game, no they just flat out lied and did lots of backpeddling upon release

No Mans Sky was literally on every nighttime talk show, appealing to the 20 something Jimmy Fallon watching Comedy Central demographic in Southern California. They hyped it up to be big shit and when the hype started busting at the seams they snuck in a few white lies and it really came back to fuck them.

Like I said I really want Ubisoft to get nailed to the fucking cross if Watchdogs isn't what they claim it will be.

I have literally dreamed of the day where there was a rebellion against the videogame media that sell lies and market lackluster titles at AA prices.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,083
    I haven't been keeping up with Watchdogs 2 but lolz...
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,181
    I'd go with $15 myself, but yeah, if it were available at a much cheaper price point I think I'd try it myself. Dev misleading aside, it doesn't seem like a bad time waster for a few hours, just there's not really enough there for me to justify a $60 purchase.

Of course that assumes they ever even fix the PC version, I dunno if their recent patches addressed the issues on that side.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,744 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Pertho wrote: »
    All this talk makes me wanna play this game. Dick around exploring stuff sounds so relaxing.aybe it isn't 60 dollars but at 20 it could be a great buy. All you gotta do is get some good whiskey/beer, put on some good music and just go around exploring and looking at cool things.

I would say no higher than 20. I would only do it if that 20 is burning a hole in your pocket and you simply have your fingers itching to buy something. Not even one cent higher than 20, and not even before November since maybe it'll have some patches one it around Thanksgiving that might just make it worth 20.

If you haven't already seen a few videos, invest your time there. Might change your mind one way or the other.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
  • VASagaVASaga Not Yet Strange! Let Them Wait Joined: Posts: 1,607
    hello out there....... *echoes & crickets*

Guess the best discussion this game could have had was about how bad it is/was lol
    R.I.P
    "I must have ascended to a higher plane of thinking than most because I play Dr Strange"
    I can't finish playing now. I've named so many planets that if you run into anything that starts with,"Deadly Raver ..............." It was almost certainly me. I even did the damn harambe thing, and if my sins were not enough, I fed......................The penis dog. I can't even look in the mirror anymore. I cannot even go near my friends, lest they also learn of my shame. I must wait for the VR GAWD of REZ Infinite to arrive and cleanse the terrible stench of fail from my system and my soul.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
  • IrondiksmasherIrondiksmasher Joined: Posts: 445
    edited September 2016
    The only reason I wanted to get the game is cause they said they were going to have multi player online, but this mother fucker. Guess im not buying it. This game could have been so much better, they could have added online battles and tons of multiplayer modes.

They also could have added like single player stuff like, you know having a goal. Like trying to save a planet from being enslaved, and freeing the slaves, having bosses, colonizing plants and defending them from other aliens. Or having space battles, and then landing your ship inside the main battleship and fighting aliens inside and blowing it up.

Theres so much more they could have done with this game.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,174 mod
    I'd go with $15 myself, but yeah, if it were available at a much cheaper price point I think I'd try it myself. Dev misleading aside, it doesn't seem like a bad time waster for a few hours, just there's not really enough there for me to justify a $60 purchase.

Of course that assumes they ever even fix the PC version, I dunno if their recent patches addressed the issues on that side.

I bought Flower on PS3 and that was just a really beautiful game to play through. Like yeah, it wasn't this ever expanding game with the most action and adventure, but god damn did it feel like I was playing something that was next gen. I guess the difference is that Flower was around 15 and this is 60.

Yeah that 60 sounding mighty bad.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • ManxManx Something is wrong... Joined: Posts: 22,400 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    VASaga wrote: »
    NMS has 1% of its player base left on PC.
    on PC this game has less players than Spore....
    Let that sink in... LOL It actually increased the sales of a 2008 game people also thought dissappointed.

I hear now people are looking to play and finish Superman 64.

ok I'm done kicking this dead horse.

The world is strange. The evolution of this meme is no less strange.

:tup:
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Did the price drop yet guys? Might buy it for my nephew once it goes down to $5. He is 8 or 9 so he too will be easily impressed by this game.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,872
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Did the price drop yet guys? Might buy it for my nephew once it goes down to $5. He is 8 or 9 so he too will be easily impressed by this game.

You might as well wait for until it's given away via PS Plus Instant Game Colelction
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    Wheres the online multiplayer I was promised?
    lol-gif-36.gif
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,782
    lol-gif-36.gif

Of all things to complain, OL Mult was one of the things that they said it the game wasnt.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Pretty sure he said it was going to be online

• HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,782
    Every time they said that the game was not about MP, yes, he kept it vague, but anyone expecting mp when he said every fucking time that it was unlikely was setting them selves for a dissapointment by their own hand.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,837
    lol-gif-36.gif

Right after someone makes a good joke, you make a lame one
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,181
    edited September 2016
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Every time they said that the game was not about MP, yes, he kept it vague, but anyone expecting mp when he said every fucking time that it was unlikely was setting them selves for a dissapointment by their own hand.

Kept it vague? Every time Multiplayer was brought up he said "yes, you can meet other players, but the chances are rare because of the size of the universe," or just said "yeah it's there."

Not once did he deny Multiplayer. Let's go through some of these examples, shall we?
    Interviewer: "Will you be able to play with your friends?"

Sean: "Yeah."
    Sean: "You can see other characters, and they can see you."
    Sean: "The only way to see what you look like is for someone else to see you."

Interviewer: "Can you run into other people, other players on the game?"

Sean: "Yes, but the chances of that are incredibly rare due to the size of what we're building."

You get the idea. That's not being vague about it, he's saying it's there. He lied and never took it back, even when the two streamers met each other on the same exact planet at the same exact spot and couldn't see each other.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
    It is kind of funny how he always said yea u can mp but the universe is so big ull prob nvr find anyone

And day one everyones like SO SUP W THE MULTIPLAYER
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    edited September 2016
    When most online games have about 2 million players or more when they come out, you are bound to find someone, why even say the game is going to be online and have multiplayer if the game is so big its going to hard to find someone? Why even talk about multiplayer? Why even talk about online in your game in your interviews, he should have just said this game is going to be single player.
    angelpalm wrote: »

I say wait till Christmas. should hit free to play on PSN.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
  • Brightside6382Brightside6382 It can't be helped Joined: Posts: 950
    Hecatom wrote: »

So you are actually trying to argue that consumers should not expect what is advertised? Where do you work? Is it Hello Games by any chance?

On a brighter note, who else is ready for Star Citizen? I can't wait for this entire fiasco to happen all over again.
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,272
    How long are you guys willing to wait for the "building" feature to be added in?
    Or any extra features that they said like freighters?
    Would you guys be willing to spend $$$ if it was released on DLC?

Honestly
    Hello Games cashed in big on this one and from a market perspective it was pretty fucking good for them
    With the amount of money split among a team of 10 or 14 or whatever, I don't think they give a shit lol
    Id buy dlc for this game with a smile on my face
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    How long are you guys willing to wait for the "building" feature to be added in?
    Or any extra features that they said like freighters?
    Would you guys be willing to spend $$$ if it was released on DLC?

Honestly
    Hello Games cashed in big on this one and from a market perspective it was pretty fucking good for them
    With the amount of money split among a team of 10 or 14 or whatever, I don't think they give a shit lol

I'll probably check back and forth to see if anything worthwhile gets added. Looks like they finally caught on to the time warp trick to get double items, but it's too late. I already got dat ship baybee!!

I've kinda exhausted my fun in going around starting shit with sentinels a lot earlier than I thought I would. Might still push it just to say I destroyed over 1000 of them.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.