No Mans Sky, explore 16 quintillion planets!!! Release date, August 2016

Comments

• StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Pertho wrote: »
    They haven't even attempted to patch this? Holy fucking nuts.

not gonna lie, wish I could try it out for a bit. Seems like it'd be really relaxing to play.

Ya'll ain't gonna believe this...................................

Really? Since I got stuck with the damn game anyways, I'll see if there is anything to it when and if the DLC hits. I don't know how in the hell they will be able to make ANYTHING that will make up for the shit that has happened, but I'll look into it when and if it happens.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
  • Brightside6382Brightside6382 It can't be helped Joined: Posts: 948
    http://www.no-mans-sky.com/foundation-update/

More specifics on the update. Somebody turn the game back on and tell us if its lit.
  • ShogunZShogunZ You Jelly? Joined: Posts: 1,820
    http://www.no-mans-sky.com/foundation-update/

More specifics on the update. Somebody turn the game back on and tell us if its lit.

The QOL improvements alone seem to be worth it. There's more...polish in this update. Feels less game-y. There's more layers to what's going on. I just started a new Skyrim playthrough but I'll come back to this from time to time and give more detailed thoughts. Like what I'm seeing so far though.
    PS4 Now Playing: Persona 5, Injustice 2, Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • The MartianThe Martian We're All Squanched. Joined: Posts: 12,143
    The update is live already? Neat.

Gonna try this out when I get home.
    "You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you."
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,557
    Im very interested in this
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    edited November 2016
    Starhammer wrote: »
    Went to the gamestop today. No Man's Sky is on sale for $49.99

The one near my house is selling it for 30. Where the hell do you live?

In a place that actually thinks that they're going to get someone to buy this shit for 49.99.

well, it loaded and I played for a little bit. Now I'm stuck trying to get a new mining laser (Protip: you can always just grenade the minerals if need be.) and some new plans. I've got one of the gek working for me, but he needs me to get him some elements before he can do anything. the sad part is that for the ten minutes I've played, the stacking thing isn't really doing shit. Those items that take up one whole slot? now you can stack them. No luck on the other stuff. :mad: Still no multiplayer that I can see, and you still have to grind like a bitch to make sure your ship doesn't run out of stuff to get around. there are a few new things that you'll need like the advanced mining laser and the haz mat gloves, but so far this has been one snore filled DLC. Looks like Dolphin face murray strikes again.

EDIT: Sorry. Forgot to mention that now the cross pad is far more usefull than before. tap up and you'll see new options to explore when you get the stuff you need for them.

-Starhammer-
    Post edited by Starhammer on
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
    Most notable/useful features in the update:

- The lighting is much improved and makes everything look better. Being on a rocky planet in the daytime now looks hot and dry as it should.
    - terrain color scheme and geography generation is better. From what I can tell, when they change the algorithm completely it does a better job at creating variation than the algorithm itself. I'm thinking maybe they should do that from time to time server side.
    - terrain is far more interesting now, but so are animals. And now I see them attack and kill each other (one of the promised features that people bitch about). A much larger percentage of animals attack the player as well meaning a much less pedestrian experience on most planets
    - Quality of life stuff is invaluable for people who actually play the game. Acquiring things like the Atlas Stones or Gravitino Balls no longer take up unnecessary space in your inventory, but stack on themselves. Likewise, the quick menu is welcomed as well

I haven't touched base building yet but what I've seen already out of the changes damn near make it a different game. The multiplayer people are dying to get so bad is probably incoming as well since they'v added the ability to leave messages for other players ala Souls games. I like the changes, but I have renewed faith in the games' potential.
    Went to the gamestop today. No Man's Sky is on sale for $49.99

The one near my house is selling it for 30. Where the hell do you live?

In a place that actually thinks that they're going to get someone to buy this shit for 49.99.

well, it loaded and I played for a little bit. Now I'm stuck trying to get a new mining laser (Protip: you can always just grenade the minerals if need be.) and some new plans. I've got one of the gek working for me, but he needs me to get him some elements before he can do anything. the sad part is that for the ten minutes I've played, the stacking thing isn't really doing shit. Those items that take up one whole slot? now you can stack them. No luck on the other stuff. :mad: Still no multiplayer that I can see, and you still have to grind like a bitch to make sure your ship doesn't run out of stuff to get around. there are a few new things that you'll need like the advanced mining laser and the haz mat gloves, but so far this has been one snore filled DLC. Looks like Dolphin face murray strikes again.

EDIT: Sorry. Forgot to mention that now the cross pad is far more usefull than before. tap up and you'll see new options to explore when you get the stuff you need for them.

-Starhammer-

Apparently there are more free major updates planned in the future so this is the "foundation" for the the rest of them per say. Maybe come back in a year or two and the game might be worth the money we invested into it.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Too Many Waifus Joined: Posts: 20,887
    Personally I wonder if this'll be too little too late. It is good to see them finally breaking silence and adding stuff, but a lot of people got burned pretty badly already.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Laura
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX C.JACKOBE > David Sirloin Joined: Posts: 17,687
    Pay 60 + tax day 1

But only play it in a few years. Got it.

Store page download size kinda shows you how much game you were getting.
    Its no 41 GB MLB the Show! Damn that's double the 2013 size, that was broken up into 2 download parts.
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• The MartianThe Martian We're All Squanched. Joined: Posts: 12,143
    *still plays this game*
    "You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you."
    axeman61 wrote: »
    ShogunZ wrote: »
    To those that still have the game, definitely check out the pathfinder update. There's a lot of new features, and as seems to be par for the course with these updates, several quality of life improvements for people who have been playing consistently since release. Algorithm seems to be further tweaked for even more detailed and varied terrain. Fuckin land vehicles and finally the ability to name your weapons and ships (was a big deal to me, could be a big deal to some). Combat seems to have changed a bit and instead of randomly receiving blueprints, you receive a new currency whereupon you can buy the blueprints that you want. Another huge step for this game, and as the updates keep coming the haters get quieter and quieter.

You talk like there was an active gang of people still hating on this game.
    Everyone knows this game is a joke.
    All the haters and jokers just left because it's practically dead.
    Really, you guys need to find something else.
    Sean Murray is going to take until the next presidential election to get you the game you were promised on launch.
    !

There was, actually.

But they are less and less. Still as many comments and likes, but the ratio is more and more positive.
    odin wrote: »

Haters BTFO
  • ExposedDExposedD Persona 5 Joined: Posts: 6,265
    Haters BTFO

nWLYMG3YSE31N.jpg
    Persona 5
    edited March 10
    odin wrote: »
    Probably boosted by the Steam popup on startup weekend Sale that doesn't say the price/discount.

Still over 50% retail MSP

Still over 72,769 negative reviews. HATER NATION

dEPPUW9.jpg

^^^
    & that homebrew guy renamed his game. Still another 3 word title in that vein.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/lost-world-zero

"LONE WOLF HORIZON" > no Man's sky
    Post edited by WTF-AKUMA-HAX on

• VASagaVASaga Not Yet Strange! Let Them Wait Joined: Posts: 1,606
    Hecatom wrote: »
    And yet you are here hating.

I was more confused as to why this got bumped to the top in general discussion.

"I must have ascended to a higher plane of thinking than most because I play Dr Strange"
    Ya'll are really truly some cocksuckers.

But obviously the reason the thread got bumped was because the game received a substantial patch that adds a ton of content. that is news relevant to the fuckin NMS thread.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,199
    So this game is the SFV of exploration games?
    A whole lot of nothing with expensive DLC?
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,745
    So this game is the SFV of exploration games?
    A whole lot of nothing with expensive DLC?

All dlc is free bruh
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    ShogunZ wrote: »
    Ya'll are really truly some cocksuckers.

But obviously the reason the thread got bumped was because the game received a substantial patch that adds a ton of content. that is news relevant to the fuckin NMS thread.

How much is a lot of content in the grand scheme of the universe?
    "I must have ascended to a higher plane of thinking than most because I play Dr Strange"
    edited March 11
    Another news blurb was very recent.

Hello Games trying to collect funds, some very secretive no details collective to help others make voxel/procedure games too. Like we don't already see enough of those, and who would trust them to both hold or funnel money, by putting in more money into bad money, effectively those people who have bungled it?!

• yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,050
    Why the fuck is this games still 40 bucks and One Piece Burning Blood is 19.99 at Gamestop?
    Anyway.

Pathfinder Update is a good reason to come back if you own the game and put it down, waiting for updates.
    so they wait until I finally give up on it and delete it, and NOW it's got fans? You know, when we says,"Git gud scrub!" we usually are referring to a bad player, not the game itself. Not really feeling like sitting through all that DLC time again plus now it seems there will be even MORE DLC to go with the previous. Meh. Guess I'll at least stay tuned to this thread for now.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,149
    Still waiting for it to hit the bargain bin.

I'd be surprised if their faith holds out much longer. amazon's got it on sale for 24 and change if you're interested.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.

You sure you don't mean the trash bin? I think you'll find plenty of copies behind Gamestop.
  • ExposedDExposedD Persona 5 Joined: Posts: 6,265
    edited March 13
    VASaga wrote: »

You sure you don't mean the trash bin? I think you'll find plenty of copies behind Gamestop.

It's not like he's gonna buy it. Pablo is just gonna take a shit in the bargain bin once the game is in there.
    Persona 5
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,149

I get what this dude is saying though. I enjoyed the next gen Fallouts and now Skyrim due to the fact that a lot of the game is just exploring certain areas at your own pace. It's very relaxing to me.