No Mans Sky, explore 16 quintillion planets!!! Release date, August 2016

Comments

• ShogunZShogunZ Speed and Weight Joined: Posts: 1,763
    Just pre ordered on PSN specifically so I get no in game bonuses. Game like this needs to be fully experienced without pre order crutches. That would be like getting 10K blood echoes as a preorder bonus in Bloodborne. And especially for players brand new to the game, where is the fun in that?

That said, with the new gameplay footage, the hype is absolutely through the roof. I will be playing this for YEARS.
    PS4 Now Playing: Horizon Zero Dawn, Rise of the Tomb Raider, No Man's Sky
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 19,673
    10k Blood Echoes in Bloodborne would get you almost no where lool. Thats like 5 level ups or a couple of useful items :rofl:

I get your meaning tho. Whenever i start DXHR i always get a free teanq rifle, shotgun, and like 10k in cash for no reason, that is a sick ass head start in that game lol.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • HollowbladeHollowblade Joined: Posts: 1,593
    So heres my question. Every time i see gameplay of this fucking game its played like its pre generated cinematic bs.. What does this game look like when someone plays it normally.

Second are the planets fullt explorable? Like can i go on for what seems forever or is the playable area limited a la minecraft console where its a giant square?

Also i agree with you guys, the game needs more multiplayer playable enviorment. Maybe not run into players but i sure fucking hope i can invite my friends to go on a space adventure because if not.. Fuck this game and fuck the devs, how do you miss the most golden of golden opportunities.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,410
    So heres my question. Every time i see gameplay of this fucking game its played like its pre generated cinematic bs.. What does this game look like when someone plays it normally.

Second are the planets fullt explorable? Like can i go on for what seems forever or is the playable area limited a la minecraft console where its a giant square?

Also i agree with you guys, the game needs more multiplayer playable enviorment. Maybe not run into players but i sure fucking hope i can invite my friends to go on a space adventure because if not.. Fuck this game and fuck the devs, how do you miss the most golden of golden opportunities.

The fuck?
    Since the very beginning what you have seen from this game is in game graphics.
    No to mention that since e3 2015 they have shown people playing chunks of the game to show what the game.
    There are plentie of videos out there, you have to not be looking to not find them.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • HollowbladeHollowblade Joined: Posts: 1,593
    Cool thx for the tips guys. I gathered that you move at a snails pace in this game and that the play area is maybe a quarter mile worth of range with some underground. The only thing i have seen decently demoed is the space shit.

All these videos keep saying the same shit. Its all randomly generated... 18 trillion planets! Space!!! Our own periodic table! Minerals! Traders! Like is that all this game will have to offer? The overall concept seems hype but this just feels like a smoothed out minecraft that happens in space and instead of goung thru and having to create a new seed every time you want a new world its all already built. Oh yea and i forgot... Space.

Like the goal is to get to the center of the universe... Why? Is there an actual story to sorta follow? Whats at the center and why does no one know whars there?
    I really wana get hyped for this and outside of the concept of exploring space and universes its really hard to think anyone can play this formore than say 10 hours without falling asleep, specially with the movement speed they keep showing off.

Ps: thanks for being super nice and helpful guys srk at its finest.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Joined: Posts: 8,240
    Cool thx for the tips guys. I gathered that you move at a snails pace in this game and that the play area is maybe a quarter mile worth of range with some underground. The only thing i have seen decently demoed is the space shit.

All these videos keep saying the same shit. Its all randomly generated... 18 trillion planets! Space!!! Our own periodic table! Minerals! Traders! Like is that all this game will have to offer? The overall concept seems hype but this just feels like a smoothed out minecraft that happens in space and instead of goung thru and having to create a new seed every time you want a new world its all already built. Oh yea and i forgot... Space.

Like the goal is to get to the center of the universe... Why? Is there an actual story to sorta follow? Whats at the center and why does no one know whars there?
    I really wana get hyped for this and outside of the concept of exploring space and universes its really hard to think anyone can play this formore than say 10 hours without falling asleep, specially with the movement speed they keep showing off.

Ps: thanks for being super nice and helpful guys srk at its finest.

Here is a link to a reddit post where they did sort of a FAQ: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4didkh/what_do_you_do_in_no_mans_sky_and_other_questions/

To answer your question about the planets, no there is no box. If you wanted to walk from one end of a planet to another you could do so. To describe the size they were called planet sized planets in an earlier video about a year ago, expanding further they confirmed no gas giants, only biomes and terrain that would provide some type of enjoyable experience.

I honestly don't see how any of your other questions weren't answered by the 21 min video posted on IGN a few days ago.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "I postulated his possibilities and figured him out with the greatest of ease"- Smuggles
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk
    angelpalm wrote: »
    NickRocks wrote: »
    Manx wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind forming a genocide squad in this game. We destroy entire planets. Bitch.

:tup:

ill form a squad to stop you

Bitch please, probably be irl weeks before we would even run into anyone lol.

They need to add gas planets imo, and make them like giant storm clouds in space that you can fly into to grab rare gear at the risk of getting murked. Also want to see some large asteroid action.

Yea I was bummed about the no gas giants thing. They explained that at first they set the parameters to find life a diverse biome on planets to be about 10%. But in practice it made for a bad gameplay experience so they boosted it up. I would have no issue flying through a gas cloud avoiding crazy storms and diamond hail.

There are asteroids that you can mine, not sure what else you can do outside of that.

I wonder how the moons will be. Will they sometimes be the only place with elements and the planets being desolate? I want to say in a previous video they landed on a moon that had a similar biome to the planet they just left but I'm not sure.
    "I postulated his possibilities and figured him out with the greatest of ease"- Smuggles
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk
  • ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,608
    This is a game to keep an eye on. Hopefully someone makes an extended Lets Play so the game is easier to analyze before deciding if it should be purchased.
  • StarhammerStarhammer The failings of this world fills me with laughter. Joined: Posts: 19,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    odin wrote: »

Good luck finding your friends amongst 16 quintillion planets!

I know right? There's people I haven't seen for years on this one alone!

I'm hoping that there will be a way to at least send a message to your friends (Or foes) in the game. Chances are, there will be a way to launch some sort of space beacon with your planet's ID on it.if nothing else, shooting a text to your buddies online will let them know when they've at least run across some of your property. Of course, if these are the kind of friends you wouldn't let sleep on your sofa........................Keep 'em off your damn planet!!!

-Starhammer-
    Million wrote: »
    Personally, it warms my heart to see them all suffer for their poor choices. You like the Chris Brown types? How's that occasional domestic violence taste? It's fun learning how to "take a bump" like a WWE superstar, isn't it? Yeah get beat you worthless trash. Get shit on. I want to see you bitches crash and burn forever. It's like I can smell the fragrance of their ruined lives... it fuels the soul.
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?
    mIRC wrote: »
    Julia Stiles came flying out of the womb into the wall. The fuck are you talking about? The doctors had to scrape her off of the wall. Some people merely adopted the wall. She was born in it, molded by it. Pink Floyd made an album prophesizing her birth.

AV by Rick Ross.
  • ManxManx Rafaga <3's joo! Joined: Posts: 21,731 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind forming a genocide squad in this game. We destroy entire planets. Bitch.

Bitch please, probably be irl weeks before we would even run into anyone lol.

Not to mention all that bullshit he talkin' :coffee:

... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
  • StarhammerStarhammer The failings of this world fills me with laughter. Joined: Posts: 19,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

You Kakarot. You will be the first of my victims!!

-Starhammer-
    Personally, it warms my heart to see them all suffer for their poor choices. You like the Chris Brown types? How's that occasional domestic violence taste? It's fun learning how to "take a bump" like a WWE superstar, isn't it? Yeah get beat you worthless trash. Get shit on. I want to see you bitches crash and burn forever. It's like I can smell the fragrance of their ruined lives... it fuels the soul.
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?
    Julia Stiles came flying out of the womb into the wall. The fuck are you talking about? The doctors had to scrape her off of the wall. Some people merely adopted the wall. She was born in it, molded by it. Pink Floyd made an album prophesizing her birth.

AV by Rick Ross.

A video about the game's tech, demonstrating pretty clearly that the game is not strictly RANDOM. Very interesting the way they are doing it, if the game is successful, this kind of tech will probably spread.

The ign folks take one solar system and look at how different planets look the closer you are to the sun. Its also Friday so another video or article should be up today.
    edited April 2016
    Thinking of making the first post a "first planet showcase".

Pretty much everyone uploads a snap shot of their starting planet and list any species or elements found. Good to see what type of variety is in the starting planets.

I'll edit the first post with everyone's write but put it under spoiler so it doesn't fuvk this thread
    ShogunZ wrote: »
    Which leads us to said video.

A VERY good look at the procedural generation, explaining why it's not RANDOM and won't simply be the same shit after a week.

I just noticed what looked like floating islands at the end of the video... Oh my....
    Post edited by Plaid_Unicorn on
  • StoneDrumStoneDrum Joined: Posts: 1,096
    edited April 2016
    J-ride wrote: »
    This game is just such where you don't really HAVE to engage in a lot of combat if you don't want to. A game like this is really what you make it.

what else is there to do tho :|
    StoneDrum wrote: »
    what else is there to do tho :|

There is a lot of information in this thread about that very thing. I suggest you do some reading.
    New video on the lore of No Mans Sky

Gives a good look on what went into the comics that will be releasing, and how they approached putting a "story" in the game
  • The MartianThe Martian A Terrible Fate. Joined: Posts: 11,859
    Bruh...I haven't even bought Fallout 4. This game would end me.

You're telling me.

Being a video gamer is pain.
    "You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you."

• The MartianThe Martian A Terrible Fate. Joined: Posts: 11,859
    odin wrote: »
    Bruh...I haven't even bought Fallout 4. This game would end me.

You're telling me.

Being a video gamer is pain.

Cause you get every game, homie! lol

Almost every game. Almost.

Even if I didn't tho, Dark Souls, Fallout and whatever 2 or 3 fighting games I play at the time already take up so much of my time. There's so much shit I wanna play still. :rofl:
    "You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you."

Its official, game delayed until early August:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/27/sony-posts-new-no-mans-sky-release-date

Alot of shit on my plate right now anyway... Still wanted the game at the end of next month though. He is right about 1 thing, this game has a massive amount of buzz (both from fans and people wanting to see the game fail). They got really one shot at this and with the plans of this being a service with a bunch of shit added in the future, stumbling out the gate isn't a good look.
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,757 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Devs said on Twitter that they received death threats after they delayed the game. I think we can do better, yes? They want the game to be out too!
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,589
    Being a gamer is like being black...some of the negative stereotypes apply to a good chunk of the demographic, but with haters pointing it out all the time and being snobby about it it makes said demographic not want to admit they're right.

Anyways between SF5 and Overwatch no way in hell I have time for a time sink like this right now anyways I'm glad it got delayed, and I doubt this is the type of game to be inundated with enough DLC to get a GOTY edition anyways, I don't think I've heard any mention of DLC at all thankfully.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
    Its official, game delayed until early August:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/27/sony-posts-new-no-mans-sky-release-date

Alot of shit on my plate right now anyway... Still wanted the game at the end of next month though. He is right about 1 thing, this game has a massive amount of buzz (both from fans and people wanting to see the game fail). They got really one shot at this and with the plans of this being a service with a bunch of shit added in the future, stumbling out the gate isn't a good look.

"Excuse me? Waiter? I need a table flipping gif here."

table-flip.gif

Thanks.

Meh. This is most problematic for me. I guess I'll have to wait until the time comes to get my fix, but damn. Gonna be pacing like a crack puppy tho.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So there's a small chance we'll run into other players? Can we TELL other players where we are if we want to meet?
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • odinodin high on life Joined: Posts: 14,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    stay out of the west side :mad:
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

• GraphicGraphic Waifu Fighter V Joined: Posts: 612
    Now to find the McRib planet.
    Now i just hope that the game is released on august as they said before.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • angelpalmangelpalm Not a terrible thing to waste Joined: Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2016
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Brightside6382Brightside6382 It can't be helped Joined: Posts: 931
    So how many hours do you guys predict it will be before you start seeing similar biomes and planets that are recolored?
    So how many hours do you guys predict it will be before you start seeing similar biomes and planets that are recolored?

Depends on how you define similar. If you mean you land on a random planet and you look around and go "man I've seen all this before", then probably never. If you're talking about things that would exist on potentially many planets like forests or jungles in general then probably...still might take a while to find. In terms of "those art assets are all from this planet I've been to before" nah, that's not happening. It's not how the game works.
    What are you guys playing on? I have a collectors edition on smash from Amazon on ps4 but haven't found any PC deals yet.
    PS4 for me. Already bought and paid for. My vacation week had to be moved, but fortuitous for me it coincides with the new date for NMS so I'll be able to get more in than I would have had I been working that week. After the long lull with no no info/trailers, the hype is RETURNING. My body is so ready.
    man i cant get the limited edition off of amazon :sad:
    Never forget:
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

• caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just heard of this game last week and I will definitely buy. My plan is to completely decimate any life that I find and destroy entire planets.
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
    Just heard of this game last week and I will definitely buy. My plan is to completely decimate any life that I find and destroy entire planets.

Sorry, won't be able to do any of that.
    Almost time bruvs
    Never forget:

• caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2016

Sorry, won't be able to do any of that.

I thought you could kill life on the planets and excessively mine their resources? Is that not true?

Btw someone has already made it to the center of their Galaxy. It took him 30 or 40 hrs iirc. Oh and he has some leaked footage floating around.
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE