E3 2016 trailer and videos:

Post edited by atirador on

Comments

• KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 1,842
    NieR-Automata_10-28-15_001.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2015/10/nier-automata-story-protagonist-detailed
    Story

The distant future.

Aliens suddenly invaded. And they dispatched weapons known as “Machine Life-Forms.” Before their overwhelming power, humanity fled to the moon.

In order to recapture Earth, mankind organized a resistance of combat-type android soldiers. Then to break the deadlock, mankind introduced the “Yorha” unit, new types of advanced android soldiers.

In the barren stretches of a land where humans do not exist, the Machine Life-Forms and Androids battle. This war is the key that opens the door to an unknown truth…

Yorha 2B

A combat android dispatched as a member of the infantry. Although she has the appearance of a woman, her actual gender is unknown. She mainly uses short-range sword attacks, with long-range “pod” attacks for support. Because she always wears goggles, little of her face is shown. What really lies beneath them?

Androids

Combat androids created by humanity after fleeing to the moon by the invasion of aliens. The “Yorha” android units have no names, but are rather referred to by their identification numbers. They are prohibited to feel emotion, but each model has their differences. Yorha 2B, for example, appears calm and composed.

Machine Life-Forms

The autonomous machine life-forms that invaded earth. They’re called this because they have the ability to repair and restore themselves, or possibly create new machines. No one knows how powerful they are. However, they are powerful enough to have caused mankind to flee Earth.

http://gematsu.com/2015/10/nier-automata-first-gameplay-trailer-screenshots
    The followup to 2010’s NieR is developed by Platinum Games and runs at 60 frames per second. Here are details on the game’s story and main character:

Story

Invaders from another world attack without warning, unleashing their secret weapon: the machines. In the face of this insurmountable threat, the human race is driven from the earth and takes refuge on the moon.

The humans develop an army of android soldiers to fight back against the mechanical horde, but succeed only in slowing its advance. To break the deadlock, a new breed of android infantry is sent into the fray: the YoRHa squad.

In the forsaken wasteland below, the war between the machines and the androids rages on. A war that is soon to unveil the long-forgotten truth of this world…

The world that you see in NieR: Automata is one where androids and mechanized weapons clash in ferocious combat in a barren and deserted wasteland. It’s set after the original game but the story is written in a way which means you don’t have to have played the first one.

The world/universe is still linked between the two NieR games though so if you have played the original, you will no doubt recognize some of the locations and characters who may or may not be returning. The locations in particular will look different as they’re now more like ruins after the alien invasion but there will also be areas where you get the sense of a very advanced civilization.

YoRHa No. 2, Model B, “2B”
    (designed by Akihiko Yoshida from CyDesignation)

2B is an all-purpose battle android, deployed as a member of the automated infantry squad, YoRHa. She is equipped with a sword for close quarters combat, and can attack from range using the “Pod” support system. Her eyes are obscured beneath her standard-issue military visor, which she rarely removes.

She’s not actually female, or maybe it’s more accurate to say she’s not actually human. Her name or serial number is 2B and she’s an android. In the world of NieR, there are strict rules meaning this kind of android is not allowed to have emotions. However, each different model has its own quirks and characteristics and 2B has a comparatively cold and level headed personality.

At the end of the E3 announcement trailer there were three words that popped up — “doll,” “human,” and “machine” so there were hints from the start…
    action gifs
    4tFr6Lu.gif

uXuqY8c.gif

OiXdgYz.gif
  • Rabbit2k7Rabbit2k7 bad idiot Joined: Posts: 4,821
    isnt P* just doing the combat?
  • atiradoratirador Fire and Ice Joined: Posts: 1,549
    edited October 2015
    Rabbit2k7 wrote: »
    isnt P* just doing the combat?

I've been reading about it and it seems that P* is indeed developing the whole game, not just the action/combat parts

http://gematsu.com/2015/10/nier-automata-first-gameplay-trailer-screenshots
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,119
    I'll admit I was NEVER interested in Nier before but this one by the god Platinum has me very excited. I'll be picking it up day 1 for sure. Hopefully it's light enough on story where I won't feel too lost jumping in.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • Rabbit2k7Rabbit2k7 bad idiot Joined: Posts: 4,821
    NieR 1 is pretty heavy on story. Its an action RPG.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,594
    Don't forget these games have amazing soundtracks too, even if the lyrics are a made up language.
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,836
    Platinum working on it is good especially since Cavia is no longer around. To be fair, Cavia did a great job on NIER. Can't say the same for whoever made D3, that game was atrocious.
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,082

I just came like fiddy times.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • WindalfrWindalfr Moe is cancer Joined: Posts: 1,781
    When Automata was first announced, it felt way too good to be true. The original Nier is in my top 10 favorite games of all time, and with it selling poorly on top of Cavia going under... a sequel was the LAST thing anyone could ever expect.

Nier was a nice, but weird gem of last generation that holds, imo, the most memorable OST of last generation. Combat was pretty shallow and the game looked really bad from a technical standpoint, but now it's being developed by my favorite studio Platinum Games (the KINGS of action games) with Akahiko Yoshida being involved (who also was involved on some of my other favorite games of all time) ... this still feels like a dream, lol. Definitely gonna be my most anticipated game in a long time.
    Drakengard 3 has such an amazing soundtrack too!

Here's the trailer and also the opening for the game, both in english and japanese:

• DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,253
    I've had the first Nier for a while never popped it in yet. 0.0
    atirador wrote: »

That and the story are pretty much the only good things about the game... somehow their second game for last gen looked and played worse than the game they made prior to it. Outside the Assassin's Creed series, I don't think I've played any game with such a shitty framerate and awful camera.
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,173
    edited October 2015
    Sony is killing it with all these exclusives.
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,880
    echelonNYK wrote: »
    Sony is killing it with all these exclusives.

joker-laugh-o.gif

Seriously though, very excited to see what Platinum brings to the table alongside the great universe and music Drakengard/NieR is known for.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • NAPNAP Joined: Posts: 1,812
    Drakengard has a really cool story but man is it hard to play. I never did finish it because it's so tedious. But I love the world they set up for it.
    Moonchilde wrote: »

That and the story are pretty much the only good things about the game... somehow their second game for last gen looked and played worse than the game they made prior to it. Outside the Assassin's Creed series, I don't think I've played any game with such a shitty framerate and awful camera.

The combat was bad and the framerate was even worse, but somehow the game captivated me and I even got the platinum trophy and bought all the story DLC

I wish I could find a copy of NieR at a decent price, or maybe Sony could release the game digitally for PS3 or a remaster for PS4 before this next one comes out
  • MegasizerMegasizer Joined: Posts: 145
    Looks like it plays well but the setting looks crap.
    SFV - Ryu, Vega, Juri.
    Learning Bison, Guile, Laura and Dhalsim

MAYFLASH V2 User
  • RodimusRodimus Im just 1 of the 5! Joined: Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Was waiting for more info on Neir and from that trailer i stand firm in my day-one purchase. P* is way too OP shit is not even fair in these gaming streets. Also that music in that trailer was to die for, OST will have huge shoes to fill but that shit is all types of hype.
    The combat was bad and the framerate was even worse, but somehow the game captivated me and I even got the platinum trophy and bought all the story DLC

I wish I could find a copy of NieR at a decent price, or maybe Sony could release the game digitally for PS3 or a remaster for PS4 before this next one comes out

Man, I tried. I even grinded out all the fucking weapons just to unlock the last chapter. The last chapter was actually good, if only the rest of the game had been like it. Then I had that stupid boss battle against the demon dragon with all the fucking pillars blocking the view on what's going on... frame rate tanking during integral moments, and lol... that final fucking boss. I mean, that's when I put it down. Ultimate troll to not let me skip the cutscene and then reloading the entire level over if you fail. That's like 2 minutes of waiting just to play that rhythm game which is super easy to fuck up. Maybe in 5 years I'll try to complete it, but I have no incentive really. Certain things about the story had me wanting more, like what the flower was and why Zero wanted to kill her sisters. Plus Three was pretty cool, with her little mopey self and scissors. Great design. Game was a huge mess though.
  • SonicabidSonicabid This is Jean he roundhouse kicks it Joined: Posts: 11,987
    Thread is making me want to start up Drakengard 3 tomorrow. I picked it up a few weeks ago but haven't played it yet. I loved the original Nier, very few games across all generations of gaming platforms have hit me so hard emotionally when playing them, the latter endings, dialogue and scenes will hit you right in the feels.

Love developers like Suda51 and Yoko Taro for making weird, yet really enjoyable games. FYI guys the original Nier has gone up in price quite a bit. I bought my copy a few months after release for like $10 sealed. I even picked up a copy for even less later on for my brother, but he's narrow-minded and completely disregarded the game because of its graphics(wish I was joking.) He ended up giving it to my nephew who ended up liking it, so it worked out in the end. B)
    Yup, story was really strong in the original Nier. Yoko Taro has a really distinct style/weirdness to the plot, setting and characters, best seen in Nier, Drakengard and Drakengard 3. It's why him working with P* is such a dream team - he'll be single handedly holding up the story/vision of the game.

If you want the basic idea, Nier is the story of a dude who is trying to cure his daughter of the Black Scrawl - a fantasy incurable disease.
    Then everything goes wrong. Ev. Ry. Thing.

Brofist.gif
    edited November 2015
    I bought my Nier three weeks ago from GS for $8.99 :coffee:

Everyone who enjoyed a JRPG at one point in their life owes it to themselves to play this game.

THE FEELS

Edit: The game's a lot pricier on amazon and ebay.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,545
    Yea I plan to really dig into it soon.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    NAP wrote: »
    Drakengard has a really cool story but man is it hard to play. I never did finish it because it's so tedious. But I love the world they set up for it.

I got a few diff endings for Drakengard, i wanted to get all of the, but once i found out i had already seen the canon ending and the fact that you need all weapons to get the true ending i just said fuck it.
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

DrellyFish wrote: »

I got a few diff endings for Drakengard, i wanted to get all of the, but once i found out i had already seen the canon ending and the fact that you need all weapons to get the true ending i just said fuck it.

All endings are canon in these games, its just not every ending is fully explored or will be. And not every ending leads to the same games either.
  • NAPNAP Joined: Posts: 1,812
    I love how the craziest ending to Drakengard is what led to Nier, like 7-8 years later.
  • DarkstalkerDarkstalker King of the Ring Joined: Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yoko...Taro...? Happy...ending...?
    "Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" - Gregory House
  • Cows_say_meeeowCows_say_meeeow Joined: Posts: 83
    Still playing Nier right now but man that trailer looks amazing. Cant wait until it comes out and the combat is giving me an MGR vibe which I'm digging for sure.
    That interview is setting us up for a fall man.

IIRC he's said that before. Yoko Taro's definitions on words are shaky, to say the least, and he has no qualms trolling the media at all lol
  • dreandrean Joined: Posts: 873
    So, judging from the setting of Nier 2
    I'm going to take it that the father didn't doom all of humanity by killing the androids and Shadowlord?
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,594
    Kurokun wrote: »
    [*] 2B’s skirt will begin to break after she takes a certain amount of damage. Beneath the skirt she wears a white leotard.

Yep, all I wanted to know.
    I've been playing Drakengard 3 the past few hours.

The game is weird as shit. I don't like it nearly as much as Nier so far, but it's pretty fun.
  • DarkstalkerDarkstalker King of the Ring Joined: Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gasaraki wrote: »

IIRC he's said that before. Yoko Taro's definitions on words are shaky, to say the least, and he has no qualms trolling the media at all lol

I think during an interview for Drakengard 3, he was all like, "Don't worry, this game isn't too depressing, it's possible to get a happy ending" and when asked the staff were like "LOL no it's unhappy as all hell but he thinks it's happy"

I was contemplating Googling Yoko Taro happy ending to find a source but then realised I might be walking into a trap...
    "Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" - Gregory House

All endings are canon in these games, its just not every ending is fully explored or will be. And not every ending leads to the same games either.

I thought there was one specific ending from D1 that leads to D2 that's what I meant by canon. All the endings are pretty damn weird though in an entertainin way

I thought there was one specific ending from D1 that leads to D2 that's what I meant by canon. All the endings are pretty damn weird though in an entertainin way

Yea but what he means is that all of them happen, they just don't choose to explore the ramifications of all of them. Like One ending in D1 leads to D2, but one ending in D1 also leads to Nier so both of them are cannon in the way that all of them are. Know what I mean?

Yea but what he means is that all of them happen, they just don't choose to explore the ramifications of all of them. Like One ending in D1 leads to D2, but one ending in D1 also leads to Nier so both of them are cannon in the way that all of them are. Know what I mean?

All ok i understand. Diverging paths/diff endings but none are non-canon just leads to a diff overall story route(atleast for the ones explored)
    edited November 2015
    No Spoilers: All the endings in Drakengard 3 "happen" in the story, they're all failed attempts at something
    edited April 2016
    NieR: Automata - new footage
    2B (CV: Yui Ishikawa)
    9S (CV: Natsuki Hanae)
    A2 (CV: Ayaka Suwa)

NieR: Automata - gameplay footage; part 1

NieR: Automata - gameplay footage; part 2

4-part gameplay vids (short versions)
    NieR: Automata - live gameplay

NieR: Automata - gameplay pt.2

NieR: Automata - gameplay pt.3

NieR: Automata - gameplay pt.4

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/nier-automata-new-trailer-gameplay-character-details
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/16/nier-automata-gets-new-gameplay-footage/
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/16/nier-automatas-latest-trailer-introduces-new-characters/

InsignificantBiodegradableDeer.gif
    Post edited by Kurokun on
    I am literally SHIVERING IN EXCITEMENT OVER WATCHING THIS NEW STUFF

BEST GOAT OF ALL GOATS EVER. There is NO WAY this will not be my most absolute favorite game.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,829
    pretty disappointed that it looks like the boy is just a palette swap, hopefully you can at least get some different weapons in this game. i bought the first Nier and have been pretty disappointed at the selection so far, actually downright pissed considering it had the balls to claim something like "50 unique weapons" when its all just one handed swords that play NEIRly the same haha so fucking funny.
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,872
    What is this. This isnt scalebound
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,829
    edited April 2016
    delete