NieR: Automata - Platinum's Take on all the Weirdness of NieR and Drakengard

Comments

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 19,981
    edited March 5
    chadouken! wrote: »
    After getting nioh pronunciation wrong,I have to ask.

How do you pronounce Nier?

Shit, how do you pronounce Nioh?

Neo.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • SonicabidSonicabid This is Jon he Does It Joined: Posts: 11,822
    Pre-ordered at EB and am just now seeing that you only get the t-shirt if you pre-ordered off the Squeenix website or if you're in the UK. EB/Gamestop get some lame-ass download code for some fluff item that you'll probably replace after 10 minutes of gameplay.

Shirt looked cool as hell too. Oh well.
    Up in Dublins fuckin' Christina Aguilera sniffing Celine Dion's asscrack fulla fuckin' aloe vera
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Crack is back! Joined: Posts: 24,133
    I got an e-mail from Amazon and I'm going to get the game on Thursday. I can wait an extra two days.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,184
    Man I got spoiled on who the final boss is from a friend. He didnt do it purposely, just was posting about the game and put that shit in there.

Fuck!
  • angelpalmangelpalm Pancakes are delicious yo Joined: Posts: 22,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Lol getting my copy Tuesday.
  • atiradoratirador Fire and Ice Joined: Posts: 1,474
    I got the platinum trophy last night

56h on my save

Game is amazing, P* did it again!
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 5,915
    Target has a Buy 2, Get 1 free deal going. Nier preorder is included for anyone interested.
    If anyone is interested, I made a small compilation of fanart for 2B and also some 9S and A2:

http://imgur.com/a/6TfaI?grid

Sample:

Qs0HWfv.jpg
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,307
    As.much as I wanted to support this game I have no.chocie but wait until it goes down at least 20 bucks, I have way too many games I need to finish first.
  • KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 1,685
    NieR: Automata – “Death is Your Beginning” Launch Trailer

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/nier-automata-launch-trailer
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 5,915
    As.much as I wanted to support this game I have no.chocie but wait until it goes down at least 20 bucks, I have way too many games I need to finish first.

Same here. Playing Horizon, have to finish FFXV, FF Type-0, and Uncharted 4. Not to mention I haven't touched Dishonored 2 yet. Don't think I'll get to Nier for about 6 months lol.
    CTG wrote: »

Same here. Playing Horizon, have to finish FFXV, FF Type-0, and Uncharted 4. Not to mention I haven't touched Dishonored 2 yet. Don't think I'll get to Nier for about 6 months lol.

Your loss, guys

I have a HUGE backlog and I was trying to finish GTA V for the first time. But I bought the JP version of Nier, played 56h in about 8 days, got the platinum and now I'm playing Horizon, wich looks AMAZING on my PS4 Pro and 4K TV.

Maybe someday I'll return to finish the story in GTA V
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,411
    I need to scoop this and Horizon up for my PS4. I have been focusing on my new custom built gaming PC for the past 2 months that I have neglected these 2 awesome games!!
    SFV: Laura & Akuma...TEAM "DAT AZZ" & MURDER-FACE
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,314
    Where them combo vids at :p
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,761 mod
    I've no money to pick this up since I have to pay medical bills. Go donate to my fundraiser so maybe I can enjoy 2B's pantsu with the rest of you guys.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• CHIEfyCHIEfy Joined: Posts: 994
    This game is such a treat. Just sliding around in the desert sand is silly fun.
    I actually died twice in the first level on Hard smh. I guess I'll be playing this on Normal, but I'll definitely try a Very Hard run the next time around.
    Horizon has me by the balls though. I'll be jumping back and forth between that and this. Two 50+ hour open-world RPGs. Jesus Christ...
    "Competitive Smash is all about no items and Final Destination."
    - Masahiro Sakurai
    edited March 8
    ^ Edit: Nevermind. I looked up how to do that lol.
    - Masahiro Sakurai
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,855
    edited March 8
    Not even sure if it's a spoiler to get her to look like that but anyway.
    There's an option to self destruct, only her skirt blows up then you can heal your health and play looking like that.
    edited March 8
    Nice GIF
    jwKYLWj.gif
  • angelpalmangelpalm Pancakes are delicious yo Joined: Posts: 22,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 8
    So um at the start you have to go through the whole fucking demo before you can even save once? Or did I miss a save spot somewhere?

I fucked around and died cause a nigga wanted to stop playing and save that shit lol. Fucking game making me start over from the beginning from a so called save spot lol. Fucking platinum.

Edit: yup you have to go through the entire demo before you reach a save lol. I just wanted to try it out and ended up wasting time on something I already beat for free XD
    angelpalm wrote: »
    So um at the start you have to go through the whole fucking demo before you can even save once? Or did I miss a save spot somewhere?

I fucked around and died cause a nigga wanted to stop playing and save that shit lol. Fucking game making me start over from the beginning from a so called save spot lol. Fucking platinum.

Edit: yup you have to go through the entire demo before you reach a save lol. I just wanted to try it out and ended up wasting time on something I already beat for free XD

Yes, don't forget that you have to MANUALLY save everytime, the game doesn't auto-save at all.

In any case, you can always pause the game and put your PS4 on Rest Mode, so you can always resume your game from the exact point you left off.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 7,930
    Anyone tried playing this with arcade stick? Got through the demo with a custom set up on the Hori Silent. Works great for me but had to play on normal to keep lock-on button available. It seems to have an articulated camera anyway but lock-on is useful for firing projectiles
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    angelpalm wrote: »

That's probably more of a Yoko Taro decision honestly, past games considered lol
    Just finished it. I am not 100% sure how I feel about it, the was some stuff I liked and some stuff I didn't really like at all but I think it was good. I definitely need a break from it, but I might not pick it up again. Which isn't to say that it's bad, just I'm fairly satisfied I guess
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,184
    Started the game up today. Couldnt do too much since my controller had to charge. But enjoying it so far!
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,855
    This game has a lot of endings. :o
  • KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 1,685
    I now has two copies of NieR:Automata due to Amazon coming through with delivery in a relatively, timely fashion, lol.

Picked-up a copy on Tuesday 2Bsday at a local game store, thinking possible later delivery by Amazon, like with some other games that released in the beginning of 2017.

Welp...
    It looks like the 2 copies of NieR:Automata will go well with the 2 copies of Nier that I have, lol.
    Tensho wrote: »

26 endings, one for each letter of the alphabet

To be fair, only A trough E are true endings, and maybe Y because you really have to work for it.

All the others are joke endings with basically just a few lines of text.
    atirador wrote: »

To be fair, only A trough E are true endings, and maybe Y because you really have to work for it.

In spoilers, what is Y?
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,411
    Debating on getting this for PS4 or PC, when comes out on Steam next week!!

Mhmmmm....Moooods!!! B)
    SFV: Laura & Akuma...TEAM "DAT AZZ" & MURDER-FACE
    edited March 10
    Only 4 hours in so far.
    Just finished the City Ruins Goliath battle. The carnival boss was amazing too!
    I have to admit, if it weren't for the art direction this game wouldn't look very good to me. Cutscenes and action look great, but running around in the sandbox leaves some to be desired. Maybe I'm spoiled by Horizon Zero Dawn - 30fps versus Automata's 60fps.

No other complaints right now. This is truly a gem. When I used self-destruct 9S's shorts came off as well. :lol:
    - Masahiro Sakurai
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,761 mod
    CHIEfy wrote: »
    Only 4 hours in so far.
    I have to admit, if it weren't for the art direction this game wouldn't look very good to me. Cutscenes and action look great, but running around in the sandbox leaves some to be desired. Maybe I'm spoiled by Horizon Zero Dawn - 30fps versus Automata's 60fps.

No other complaints right now. This is truly a gem. When I used self-destruct 9S's shorts came off as well. :lol:

It's not the framerate (because honestly, I would kill for 60fps Horizon). It's that Horizon and the Decima engine have what may be the most robust inverse kinematics solution of any game engine at the moment which allows them to run very fluid, elastic movement and interaction (for example, you don't have to stop, then start moving again, to do things on the move).
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

I'm starting the game. The manual save really fucked me over. I initially started on hard and I had to switch to normal knowing I can get one hit killed by bosses and I did not want to play through the shump section every time I died. Damn you Yoko Taro
    This game really hammers into you that it has no auto-save. Fucking nags you about it when the subject comes up. Having manual saves is kinda nostalgic so I don't mind.
    Same thing happened to me Hawkingbird. I switched back to hard after my first save point.

Also don't forget what I said about losing chipsets. If you lose a good set on hard, swallow your pride and retrieve it on easy
  • DarkstalkerDarkstalker King of the Ring Joined: Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 10
    So on route B now and
    LOL at the idea that 9S is the non-combat unit when he's a spear throwing machine exploding god
    "Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" - Gregory House
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    atirador wrote: »

In spoilers, what is Y?

Here it is:
    You have to complete the whole Emil side-quest, defeat Emil on its first form. Get all the weapons in the game to Level 4, find him again and fight the Emil heads on the desert (Level 99 Boss) and then let them explode, you can stop them from exploding, but then you'll be locked out of Ending Y for good on your save file
    CHIEfy wrote: »
    Only 4 hours in so far.

It's important to note that the game runs so much better on PS4 Pro, sadly.

Not only Pro has higher resolution (1080p vs 900p) but it also has better AA and also less drops on framerate
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,620
    Donguri combo video (spoiler alert)
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • KYO84KYO84 Riddle Solver Joined: Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 12
    Can't wait for PC release. Sucks ME: Andromeda comes out a few days after. :(

I know they discussed releasing some possible DLC, for those of you that have played the game, what kind of DLC would you like to see? Wonder if they can add a Bloody Palace type mode and maybe a Style combat ranking system, idk.
    "Better that we die on our feet than live on our knees!" Magneto
  • Disciple of RyuDisciple of Ryu The King of Iron Fist Joined: Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just finished route A. The story isn't even remotely in the same league as the first game. Seems like with this one they gave you less content in the main quest to make you replay it multiple times where as the first Nier was a complete game even if you only completed it just once. Game was pretty good though but I'll probably put it on the shelf for now and pick it up later when there is a game drought.
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,255
    Just finished route A. The story isn't even remotely in the same league as the first game. Seems like with this one they gave you less content in the main quest to make you replay it multiple times where as the first Nier was a complete game even if you only completed it just once. Game was pretty good though but I'll probably put it on the shelf for now and pick it up later when there is a game drought.
    Your choice but I'd recommend keep playing. Things change significantly more in terms of the next playthrough than they did in the first game. ESPECIALLY after you reach ending B.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    @Disciple of Ryu

Yeah, you are judging it too quickly. The game isn't even about what it makes you think is the point by the end of A. Same with the original Nier honestly. Not saying you'll like it, but it's in the same league easily

You didn't play half of the game at this point
  • StarhammerStarhammer The failings of this world fills me with laughter. Joined: Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    got it, playing it and...............

I'm lovin it. I was scared at first thinking,"how they gonna go in so many directions in one game?" Well, looks like they found a way to do it and make it work. It just seems to do everything well IMO. Nothing new, but it does all of these things we've seen before and it does them as well as anyone else has. The biggest difference is that no other game has done all of them at ONCE. Of course, there's the little matter of 2b's........................"B". :rofl: I'm going to enjoy watching the oceans of salt from the whining hordes who'll complain about this character. The makers of said game have already made it clear that they don't give a fuck, so let them beat their fists on the wall of money that'll stand between him and them. I hope the Emil mask becomes the new troll face just for them. in fact, I hope we can get the Emil head in the game.

-Starhammer-
    Million wrote: »
    Personally, it warms my heart to see them all suffer for their poor choices. You like the Chris Brown types? How's that occasional domestic violence taste? It's fun learning how to "take a bump" like a WWE superstar, isn't it? Yeah get beat you worthless trash. Get shit on. I want to see you bitches crash and burn forever. It's like I can smell the fragrance of their ruined lives... it fuels the soul.
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?
    mIRC wrote: »
    Julia Stiles came flying out of the womb into the wall. The fuck are you talking about? The doctors had to scrape her off of the wall. Some people merely adopted the wall. She was born in it, molded by it. Pink Floyd made an album prophesizing her birth.

AV by Rick Ross.