Star Trek: Discovery 2017 Thread

Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!!Joined: Posts: 10,174 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
edited July 2016 in General Discussion
http://www.superherohype.com/news/357511-star-trek-tv-series-in-the-works-at-cbs-with-producer-alex-kurtzman

Star Trek TV Series in the Works at CBS with Producer Alex Kurtzman.
CBS is developing a new Star Trek TV series for 2017!

CBS Television Studios announced today it will launch a totally new Star Trek TV series in January 2017. The new series will blast off with a special preview broadcast on the CBS Television Network. The premiere episode and all subsequent first-run episodes will then be available exclusively in the United States on CBS All Access, the Network’s digital subscription video on demand and live streaming service.

The next chapter of the “Star Trek” franchise will also be distributed concurrently for television and multiple platforms around the world by CBS Studios International.

The new program will be the first original series developed specifically for U.S. audiences for CBS All Access, a cross-platform streaming service that brings viewers thousands of episodes from CBS’s current and past seasons on demand, plus the ability to stream their local CBS Television station live for $5.99 per month. CBS All Access already offers every episode of all previous “Star Trek” television series.

The brand-new Star Trek TV series will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations, while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966.

Alex Kurtzman will serve as executive producer for the new Star Trek TV series. Kurtzman co-wrote and produced the blockbuster films Star Trek (2009) with Roberto Orci, and Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) with Orci and Damon Lindelof. Both films were produced and directed by J.J. Abrams.

The new Star Trek TV series will be produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Kurtzman’s Secret Hideout. Kurtzman and Heather Kadin will serve as executive producers. Kurtzman is also an executive producer for the hit CBS television series “Scorpion” and “Limitless,” along with Kadin and Orci, and for “Hawaii Five-O” with Orci.

$6 to watch on a CBS/netlfix interface. I think theyre overestimating their audience.
Hopefully its good enough to check out the pilot.
Post edited by Dangerous J on
PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
-Jawaharlal Nehru

Comments

• regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I hope it takes after voyager and a more militaristic ferderation.
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ......i really wanna support a new trek show but not if its anything close to the enterprise mess.
    regulate wrote: »

and have them use the borg as a plot device and rating chaser for every season ender?
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,386
    maxx wrote: »
    ......i really wanna support a new trek show but not if its anything close to the enterprise mess.

and have them use the borg as a plot device and rating chaser for every season ender?

Who said it had to be Borg? >_>

Could just make a new crazier race from another galaxy... or hell, just push the series waaay further in the future than the previous shows (considering that especially right now, Star Trek Online is doing the majority of the storytelling of after what happened in the 'Prime' universe).
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

borg, federation schism, romulan fallout.. doesnt matter. I just want more space battles like the dominion war and less "planet" of the week.
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

Who said it had to be Borg? >_>

Could just make a new crazier race from another galaxy... or hell, just push the series waaay further in the future than the previous shows (considering that especially right now, Star Trek Online is doing the majority of the storytelling of after what happened in the 'Prime' universe).

when anyone says voyager all i can do is groan and think how the borg went from a cool idea to the most played out plot device that was involved in 80% of voyagers major plots.

i personally want something closer to a warlike feel like ds9 got to....but i know and understand they need to go back to the essence of star trek and do more adventures and scientific exploring shenanigans.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,589
    Didnt think Enterprise sucked that bad, it was the weakest entry for sure but meh, I think the deal with Star Trek is that its pretty campy without you knowing its camp. Like TNG was 100% cheese but was pretty bad ass at the same time.

Would defo like to see a new show chronologically like a century down the line with a new cast and a new alien menace to fight, but damn Ill be happy for anything I can get.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,318
    DS9 still the GOAT.

But if it can get to TNG level at least, we'll have something cool.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • dodgers2213dodgers2213 Joined: Posts: 3,028
    Needs to take place after Voyagers return to alpha quadrant and post-dominion war
    Steam- Dodgers2213
    PS4-- Dodgers2213
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,247
    Ask and you shall receive! I called it last week in either The Flash thread or the Superman VS Batman thread about that new Star Trek series coming soon!
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    Needs to take place after Voyagers return to alpha quadrant and post-dominion war

Yeah, unfortunately it sounds like just a new show, with a new story and cast. I'd really have liked to see a series taking place after the Dominion War, as well.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • Clear SkyClear Sky Wolf Shirt Joined: Posts: 3,301
    Hype. Now I have a reason to keep CBS Live outside of Survivor.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQA-KTzaPA
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
  • HotobuHotobu Simpsonized Joined: Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Xvideos wrote: »
    Well if you are a Voyager fan, you won't be seeing Kes any time soon.

Jesus Christ. How often can yout say a Star Trek alien actor looks better WITH the makeup?
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,845
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,174 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/366495-nicholas-meyer-star-trek

Nicholas Meyer, director of the Wrath of Khan and Undiscovered Country, will serve as writer and consulting producer on new ST series

PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Teaser............
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,845
    edited May 2016
  • ManxManx Something is wrong... Joined: Posts: 22,400 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This is awesome, but I still want my Star Trek Academy show.

:tup:
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
  • FalkentyneFalkentyne Joined: Posts: 576
    They really need to look at the Star Trek Renegades universe and expand that. Of Gods and Men was well done, with the limited budget and Renegades was very interesting, with all the old and new stars and showing a less "campy" federation.
    I've heard more about the tv show than the movie that is meant to be coming on in a month or two :rofl:

movies coming out so soon?? lawd

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    did the ship have sex with a bird of prey?

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Hello to Jason Isaacs, Captain Isaacs http://deadline.com/2017/03/star-trek-discovery-captain-jason-isaacs-cast-1202038246/
    Former Awake and Dig star Jason Isaacs has been cast in Star Trek: Discovery for CBS All Access as Captain Lorca, Captain of the Starship Discovery. It is a major role opposite lead Sonequa Martin- Green in the series, which eyes a debut in late summer or fall.

• crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,589
    Yea but at least he has a latino name...
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,602
    Fucking knew it.
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

New trailer.........
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    lmfaooooo they made the klingons look like some 1920's racist caricature of black people. wtf

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 1,026
    Looks good to me! I'm actually surprised by the graphics. They look pretty good... Then again I got used to shitty Star Trek CG, so yeah...

FUCKING STOP MAKING PREQUELS YOU FUCKS!!! I WANNA KNOW WTF HAPPENS WITH THE GAMMA QUADRANT!!!!

Oh yeah and of course all the hardcore ST nerds will absolutely hate this show.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "http://dontevenreply.com".
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,241
    Looks good to me! I'm actually surprised by the graphics. They look pretty good... Then again I got used to shitty Star Trek CG, so yeah...

FUCKING STOP MAKING PREQUELS YOU FUCKS!!! I WANNA KNOW WTF HAPPENS WITH THE GAMMA QUADRANT!!!!

Oh yeah and of course all the hardcore ST nerds will absolutely hate this show.

And we never will, Voyager ruined that for us
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • dodgers2213dodgers2213 Joined: Posts: 3,028
    edited May 18
    Hmm I'm confused, I guess they made another change during production and gave everyone a double dose of diversity for this show

Trailer was very Abrams

Klingons look shitty

Prequel is still a stupid idea

Won't watch
    Steam- Dodgers2213
    PS4-- Dodgers2213
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,602
    Part of the appeal of Star Trek was for me that the shows were always going forward (even though the quality kind of dropped).
    All this 10 years ago shit doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

Also the Klingons look like ass.
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,241
    edited May 18
    lmfaooooo they made the klingons look like some 1920's racist caricature of black people. wtf

[The following is satire]

Klingons always look like they are making fun of some sort of race

TOS Klingons, made fun of Asians
    KorYoung1.png

White folks in body paint
    TOS-day_of_the_dove_klingons.png

Movie Era Klingons, still made fun of Asians. FYI this character is named General Chang
    225px-General_Chang.JPG

TNG Era Klingons Switch over to making fun of Blacks
    worf.jpg

Michale Dorn, the actor who played Worf outside of Makeup
    dorn_amanda-sm.jpg

Often casting white guys with crazy eyes, still made fun of Asians when they have the chance
    maxresdefault.jpg

Kevlin Timeline New Trek Klingons
    086501e96af59360632c493a8fea20dd51aaf2e3ba7e53069e29ec3cc83469f7.jpg

Klingons over the years
    Klingon-Banner-1024x346.png

Star Trek Discover Klingons
    Klingonbar640.jpg

And there is this
    http://www.cracked.com/article_22894_5-secret-racist-messages-buried-in-your-favorite-pop-culture.html

Or we are all looking into everything too closely.
    Most of these comparisons are a stretch, even for shit Sarkeesian SJW standards. It made my head hurt to type up this satire.

Star Trek was the first show that had a Black Commissioned officer on TV. And she was a regular character on the show, not a one off and not a villain.
    It is a Show that allow had A Good Guy Russian Character during the cold war, and an Asian "driver", a Alien First Officer, and a Scottsmen as a Engineer.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,211
    I'm not going to lie. I'm not feeling what I've seen thus far of Discovery. I mean having a show the abbreviation STD seems odd. That said after taking a bit of time to think about things. I don't understand the "in your face diversity" complaints. Did people not watch a Star Trek before? Star Trek has a made point of having a diverse cast for 50 years.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file