Star Trek: Discovery 2017 Thread

123457»

Comments

• crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,577
    Don’t forget....
    fast
    The episode said he was clocked at 80km/hr and he stated he could have made their days long trip in half an hour solo. Also he is 8foot tall and due to his cuck defensive anatomy probably has 5x the strength of a human lol, light bones and strong muscles and all that.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,831
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,900
    Don’t forget....
    fast
    Last person on Trek show that moves that fast was Data
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 1,012
    Such an amazing cliffhanger!
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "I love My Little Pony so much it hurts".
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,831
    edited November 13
    Just realized that Ash Tyler is Clem Fandango :rofl:

Awesome ep tonight. I need that Captain slow walk gif

So he was..
    raped + Stockholm Syndrome, never thought Star Trek would go there :open_mouth:

Post edited by The Furious One on
    edited November 13
    Furious the most shocking thing tonight was that its the first time since star trek began, 2 dudes kissed. We all know Kirk somewhere down the line took one for the team in the name of intergalactic unity. Like damn not even Sulu tier. Also we gonna ignore that Picard was fucking Riker? I dunno it seems both fitting for the correct climate of the western world be bitch made af like never before and also grating they had to plug it in.

On brighter news, Lorca might be one of the greatest characters of all time, seriously, 100% psychopath. They say all high achievers are psycho but maybe Lorca is the epitome of the psychopath. Incredibly driven, intelligent, displays high charisma and will do whatever it takes and will lie to anyone, just to meet his own simple directives.

I found his conversation with Stamets chilling AF when he told him that he was passing on his legion of merit or whatever so he would get it. I was like "damn, your expendable son, get your fuck buddy doc and get the fuck outta here". Thats some red herring shit to the extreme after how he treated his admiral side piece just 2 minutes ago lol. You knew this guy was acting 100% but at the same time he was dead ass serious with him. God damn. Cool man just one more jump huh, why you lying?

Burnham on the other hand, lol solo another Klingon overlord? Ok. Trash mary sue. DGAF she needs to go and get wrecked. Her bf is also trash, who gets PTSD from free pussy? "Ermagawd I was tortured! :crybaby: " Fuck you.

edited November 14
    Bruh, people are divided on the medal topic.

One theory is that Lorca is actually a really nice guy and sees the effort Stamets put into the jump, so he truly believes he deserves that medal more then himself.

I'm on the second ship doe. Lorca sees the medal trap. They are only baiting him with the medal to come back to base so they can take his ship away. He deliberately went against orders and even though it was the right thing to do in that situation, Starfleet won't let him pull that shit twice. His ship is going bye bye, as soon as they get their hands on him.

Talking about Lorca... he's slowly edging on Picard as my favorite captain. You know that when Lorca appears on screen, shit will go down! He's EXTREMELY authoritative and you know he's gonna get shit done. Same as Picard. When Picard would show up, he would drop a couple of speeches and walk away with the enemy's fleet, now under his control. If I were to rate captains, at the moment:

Picard > Lorca >>> Sisko >>>>>>>>>>>> Kirk >>>>>>>>>>>>> Archer > Janeway.

None of the other captains appear intimidating when walking into a room as much as Picard and Lorca. Both of them for different reasons. Picard, because he will counter argument you and always win. Lorca because he's decisive, crazy and has unknown goals in mind. Sisko has his moments where he gets shit done. Kirk usually makes things worst then they already are. Archer seems lost. Janeway, LuL!
    Post edited by FlameAngelZ on
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "I love My Little Pony so much it hurts".
    edited November 14
    Flame there cant be a debate, as soon as Lorca docks up hes going to jail bruh, thats why they are back in the fucking delta quandrant lol. Lorca is Captain America war criminal atm.

edit: my captain tier list is

Lorca (already trumped everything through cold calculation)
    Picard (goat emeritus)
    Kirk/Janeway (dat history and dat voyager run)
    Sisko (DS9 probably my favourite ST show atm but Sisko was fronting being a bad ass, had a son with him for years and couldnt stop him from becoming an annoying I love My Little Pony so much it hurts, he lacks basic man skills)
    Archer (did fuck all, was a cuck, had a dog, was generally just shit)

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 14
    your list is shit if sisko isnt in top two. also lol@ no janeway.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    Maxx mad af cause affirmative action doesnt translate to effectiveness. Whats your tier list then?

• po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,051
    Picard
    Sisko
    Lorca
    Kirk/Janeway

And if we're taking non-Star Trek commanders, John J. Sheridan is the baddest motherfucker ever.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    edited November 14
    Ya'll noticed when Lorca fixed his eyes right before the Klingon ship exploded? He wasn't gonna miss that for anything in the world. Fucking badass!

Fan theories atm.

Lorca is a heroic Captain and the last jump was a coincidence that it fucked up.
    S31 Lorca is evil. The triangle and line markings on his back confirm this. Triangle = 3, Line = 1, ergo: S31.
    Mirror Lorca using the last jump to go back to the mirror universe, where he's from. Hence his line "Time to go home". He was planning on stealing the spore drive this whole time.
    Mirror Lorca actually took the place of main timeline Lorca when his ship blew up and actually died in it, instead of escaping.
    Mirror Lorca actually jumping into the main timeline. So far we were in the mirror universe.
    Lorca actually jumping back in time so he can fix his errors and save the Buran (his old ship) from blowing up.
    Lorca is actually the Klingon spy and not Tyler.

We're reaching Dragon Ball level of theories. Yes I'm bringing DB back into this topic again :^)

Next episode in January... gonna be a long time, sigh.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

edited November 14
    Yeh I agree he knew it was a trap, I think he knew it was over and probably guessed Stamets didn't have much left in him (or caused him to fail) but had no idea they'd end up where they did.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Picard
    Sisko
    Lorca
    Kirk/Janeway

And if we're taking non-Star Trek commanders, John J. Sheridan is the baddest motherfucker ever.

This would be my list to but I have a feeling after a couple of season Lorca is going to move up the rankings
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,585
    I think the only thing that is clear now, is that Michael's boyfriend is a sleeper agent.
    That albino Klingon dude that had to "lose everything".
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
    We're reaching Dragon Ball level of theories. Yes I'm bringing DB back into this topic again
    Please leave DBZ out of here. It has nothing to do with Trek.

Anything Dragonball does now is OLD HAT in the realms of Western Media.
    I think the only thing that is clear now, is that Michael's boyfriend is a sleeper agent.
    That albino Klingon dude that had to "lose everything".

The times wouldnt match up, plus no klingon is gonna lose their piece over death, fuck outta here.

The theory is that the albino Klingons “mind” has been placed in Tyler and will eventually take over his host, probably after a word sequence or something.... basically turning Tyler into a sleeper agent without his knowledge.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

Oh ok, yea I like that actually pretty sweet move if it turns up. Tho how would albinos side piece already know the extent of the plan when she told him he would have to give it all up, and how does that enable albino to take his masters place as successor to rebuild the empire if hes just an expendable sleeper agent? Interesting but I dont see it happening, like it would really suck for em to go that far and just get murked for nothing lol.

crucades wrote: »
    Oh ok, yea I like that actually pretty sweet move if it turns up. Tho how would albinos side piece already know the extent of the plan when she told him he would have to give it all up, and how does that enable albino to take his masters place as successor to rebuild the empire if hes just an expendable sleeper agent? Interesting but I dont see it happening, like it would really suck for em to go that far and just get murked for nothing lol.

Plus if Tyler a sleeper agent, he would not have the flash backs and extreme PTSD symptoms
    Literally limiting the Star Trek INFINITE lore with your statement.

The extreme PTSD moments can be his human mind getting mixed with his Klingon memories? There's also the fact that when he's sleeping with L'Rell and getting raped as a human, in reality he's been banging her as Voq willingly. His human mind is remembering his Klingon actions and interpreting them all wrong. I didn't come up with this theory btw, it's just a very popular theory I keep reading on other forums and youtube videos.

Talking about youtube videos, here's one explaining the theory that Lorca is from the mirror universe.

Exclusive Zappa Player!

Literally limiting the Star Trek INFINITE lore with your statement.

The extreme PTSD moments can be his human mind getting mixed with his Klingon memories? There's also the fact that when he's sleeping with L'Rell and getting raped as a human, in reality he's been banging her as Voq willingly. His human mind is remembering his Klingon actions and interpreting them all wrong. I didn't come up with this theory btw, it's just a very popular theory I keep reading on other forums and youtube videos.

Talking about youtube videos, here's one explaining the theory that Lorca is from the mirror universe.

Except that is stupid, PTSD don't work that way.
    You can't have PTSD symptoms with out some actual traumatic event.

if his memories having sex with L'Rell as Voq, even if they are only remembered subconsciously wouldn't be apart of a PTSD Flash Back.
    Only way for having sex with L'Rell to be apart of a PTSD flashback would be from rape and not something consensual.

Torture, Repeated beatings, and rape would cause PTSD not what you are claiming which is partial Amnesia.
    Amnesia don't create PTSD symptoms.
    Not really sure why you are getting so butthurt over this, relax.

Also, I love how you are using real life examples of PTSD in a show where the theory is that this guy has a hidden Klingon host in his head waiting to take over his body. They could literally come up with any explanation at this point and nobody would bat an eye.

Also, I never said he didn’t get tortured or beat up. It’s possible his memories are mixed up.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

Not really sure why you are getting so butthurt over this, relax.

Also, I love how you are using real life examples of PTSD in a show where the theory is that this guy has a hidden Klingon host in his head waiting to take over his body. They could literally come up with any explanation at this point and nobody would bat an eye.

Also, I never said he didn’t get tortured or beat up. It’s possible his memories are mixed up.
    I don't know, Star Trek always tries to fit with in the realm of what scientifically possible or at least quasi-possible.
    Bruh.... you remember that episode of Voyager where Tuvok and Neelix merged into Tuvix? I don’t blame you if you don’t, it was awful...
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

Bruh.... you remember that episode of Voyager where Tuvok and Neelix merged into Tuvix? I don’t blame you if you don’t, it was awful...

That some bad straw grasping
    edited November 23
    Bruh this is the series that gave us people being mind controlled, possesed, body switched, body combined, hive minds, mind wipes but NO! A character misenterpreting inserted memories is where we draw the line!

In a show that pretty much popularized the mind control trope.

At this point is so obvious that Tyler is Voq that I’m hoping is a well crafted curve ball that will take everyone by surprise when it’s revealed that it’s BS.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

Bruh this is the series that gave us people being mind controlled, possesed, body switched, body combined, hive minds, mind wipes but NO! A character misenterpreting inserted memories is where we draw the line!

In a show that pretty much popularized the mind control trope.

At this point is so obvious that Tyler is Voq that I’m hoping is a well crafted curve ball that will take everyone by surprise when it’s revealed that it’s BS.

From the guy who keep on quoting BD in a Star Trek thread, I take what you have to say as Nonsense
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,896
    Thats dumb because he's completely right.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    edited 1:48AM
    My posts about Dragon Ball were just a tiny unrelated comparaison but for some reason that triggered the fuck out of you and now you’re holding a grudge against it.

If you believe that saying “just like in Dragon Ball” is a good reason to pull this shit, then you’re beyond fucked.

But please flag my posts and see if the mods agree or if it’s just you that’s over reacting.

At this point it feels like I’m being trolled.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

My posts about Dragon Ball were just a tiny unrelated comparaison but for some reason that triggered the fuck out of you and now you’re holding a grudge against it.

If you believe that saying “just like in Dragon Ball” is a good reason to pull this shit, then you’re beyond fucked.

But please flag my posts and see if the mods agree or if it’s just you that’s over reacting.

At this point it feels like I’m being trolled.

You being trolled? You are the troll
    For those of you who don't feel like reading the last couple of posts, here's a video re-enactment:

Exclusive Zappa Player!

123457»