Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

Star Trek: Discovery 2017 Thread

Comments

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 37,018 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Well I was suspicious about the twist. I guess I was right to be.
    Tyler is Voq after extensive plastic surgery
    Except Voq's skull and bony ridges would make him physically bigger than Tyler.
    Also Klingon anatomy nothing like a Human's, and that was prior to Discovery.
    With Discovery the Klingons are even more alien-like.

If Tyler really is Voq, there more in play than just a simple face lift.
    You need to fool Starfleet Medical that Tyler is just a mundane human and not a Klingon in Human Skin

As unless Discovery retcon something, Klingons were never known for medical technology

I was simplifying things.
    The doctor went into detail. Tyler's spine, arm, and leg bones were shortened. He was altered enough to pass a standard medical scan and brainwashing evaluation. The more extensive scan he ran showed the irregularities. He wanted to do additional testing but Tyler broke his neck.

Not saying it makes sense, Discovery has serious issues when it comes to technology. They seem far more capable than they should be.

lmfao this show went straight up dc reboot with 52 multiverse. by the end of the series its gonna do some sorta crazy retcon, and i for one cant wait to see how it all goes down. this is the only real way this series makes sense to me....that nuking the multiverses causes a crazy retcon to our original one.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • dodgers2213dodgers2213 Joined: Posts: 3,108
    Steam- Dodgers2213
    PS4-- Dodgers2213
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,939
    I thought they'd like it more, the Orville is awful. Their hopes for the twist in the mirror universe won't happen lol :rofl:
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,726
    edited January 14
    Who cares about Rich Evan's opinion?
    Post edited by ArtVandelay on
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,122
    the Orville is awful.
    Yeah if you can't stomach Seth MacFarlane's bad writing and terrible jokes, then the Orville isn't for you.
    If you think the Family Guy is amazing and can never do any wrong, and you sorta like the TOS watch Orville
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,695
    Some really nice reveals for the Terrain Empire, long live the Emperor!
    it's Michaels previous captain and she looks crazy af

Also wtf...
    Tyler confirmed Voc, Michael had 2 clear shots to murk but doesn't pull the trigger.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    the Orville is awful.
    Yeah if you can't stomach Seth MacFarlane's bad writing and terrible jokes, then the Orville isn't for you.
    If you think the Family Guy is amazing and can never do any wrong, and you sorta like the TOS watch Orville

i dont like family guy but enjoy orville.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,122
    maxx wrote: »
    the Orville is awful.

Do you like any of MacFarlane's other stuff?
    I consider most of Seth MacFarlane stuff to go from weak sauce to about average, with his best jokes often being written by other people.
  • dodgers2213dodgers2213 Joined: Posts: 3,108
    i love Orville. I only like Family Guy season 1
    Steam- Dodgers2213
    PS4-- Dodgers2213
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The King of Wakanda Joined: Posts: 10,081
    crucades wrote: »
    Some really nice reveals for the Terrain Empire, long live the Emperor!
    it's Michaels previous captain and she looks crazy af

Also wtf...
    Tyler confirmed Voc, Michael had 2 clear shots to murk but doesn't pull the trigger.

I guess....
    That Klingon D was the truth. L'Rell in lock up fiending for him too.
    CFN: Darc_Requiem (PS4)
    CFN: Dark_Requiem (PC)
    WAKANDA FOREVER!!!!
    ShoRyuKen Warriors Backup Forum
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
    the Orville is awful.

I consider most of Seth MacFarlane stuff to go from weak sauce to about average, with his best jokes often being written by other people.

i like american dad for the most part. mcfarlane takes a backseat in terms of writing on that show...cleaveland show was fun. im not a mcfarlane fanboy by anyyyyy stretch of the imagination.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    the Orville is awful.

i like american dad for the most part. mcfarlane takes a backseat in terms of writing on that show...cleaveland show was fun. im not a mcfarlane fanboy by anyyyyy stretch of the imagination.

That part I agree with, Seth MacFarlane stuff the best when he takes a back seat
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,939
    edited January 23
    Kinda disappointed that all my predictions came true.
    A plot twist like the RLM guys were suggesting would've been cooler.
    I just got caught up with the last few episodes from the season break.

FUCK.
    Kinda feels like they didn't even hide the "plot twists" up to this point. Kinda just put them in there to make us feel smart through so many obvious hints.
    I seriously have no fucking clue how this is going forward now though and what's gonna happen with Discovery, because it can't exist in the original timeline for obvious reasons.
    Kinda feels like they didn't even hide the "plot twists" up to this point. Kinda just put them in there to make us feel smart through so many obvious hints.
    I seriously have no fucking clue how this is going forward now though and what's gonna happen with Discovery, because it can't exist in the original timeline for obvious reasons.

this show gonna figure a way to retcon itself

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Got more love for Lorca now, dude is legit so badass he travels to new universes to check up on his side bitch, speaking of which, Michael nearly gagged on that Kelpian (lol) that was fairly brutal.

Tyler and Albino literally did the fusion dance holy shit, like they both got chopped up and blended into each other, I thought they just cropped Albino shorter and gave him Tylers skin or some shit, nope they both went mashing. I guess now there 2 personalities are meshed after whatever the hell their bitch did to them, maybe the 2 of them will create an interesting character?

What am missing is tho, How did Lorca get to the prime universe in the first place? Sure spore tech exists in both but he had nothing to do with that, unless Ava was the OG captain of Discovery on the mirror universe?

I think the spore drive is a reality warper.
    Found this,

its a interesting analyzation of the shuttle scene from the last episode

Spoiler Warring

But according to this Discovery is already better writing than all of Voyager
  • ZensoukenZensouken Ouroboros = Chips Ahoy! Joined: Posts: 1,335
    Damn, this shit just got juicy.
    Stridering since 1998; I play pragmatic and dirty. You will eat pringles and hate me for it.
    PSN IDs: "superschure" [USA] / "suupaashaa" [JPN]
    CFN IDs: "superschure" [USA] / "suupaashaa" [JPN]
    3DS FC: "1564-4856-0905"

i think they are basically gonna pull a flash. for some reason i feel like its gonna end up being like the speedforce from the flash comics.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:

i think they are basically gonna pull a flash. for some reason i feel like its gonna end up being like the speedforce from the flash comics.

I do agree, just substitute speed force for the spores.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The King of Wakanda Joined: Posts: 10,081
    Well.....
    RIP Lorca
    CFN: Darc_Requiem (PS4)
    CFN: Dark_Requiem (PC)
    WAKANDA FOREVER!!!!
    ShoRyuKen Warriors Backup Forum
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
  • ZensoukenZensouken Ouroboros = Chips Ahoy! Joined: Posts: 1,335
    Tiger Mom Philippa > Carol Brady Philippa
    Stridering since 1998; I play pragmatic and dirty. You will eat pringles and hate me for it.
    PSN IDs: "superschure" [USA] / "suupaashaa" [JPN]
    CFN IDs: "superschure" [USA] / "suupaashaa" [JPN]
    3DS FC: "1564-4856-0905"
    Paul Stants got home by "Lost Wood" his way though the Mycelial network.
    And the Chinese-Malaysian Woman Emperor with a Greek last name is going to Deus Ex Machina the Star Fleet Back?
    lmfao i have no idea wtf they are doin with this series anymore.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,479
    edited January 30
    maybe the Main universe Lorca will show up down the road. Assuming they visit a different universe at some point.
    And the former Empress will become the special adviser to starfleet?
    Show has zero morals, how they let the Emperor live and let's be real, a person who brought intergalactic holocaust, whom routed and executed all non human species because of her alternate university counterpart was super mom, is some special high guard bullshit.

RIP Lorca I guess? How they managed to cheese murk a man with more plot armour than Bill and Ted is impressive, ultimately dumb since the Klingons won the war and he was the only one with the balls to defeat them...Oh right, they spared the Emperor... I see where they are going with this insanity.

That was so dumb.
    I was hoping Lorca was some kinda Che Guevara that's fighting for a better future or some shit, then they make him a complete shibag as well and Michael has to choose between some pedophile mass murderer wanker and another genocidal bitch that looks like her old captain.
    Fucking retarded.

Somehow I thought Lorca would have some kind of justification for how he is, but nope he's just an asshole.
    That was so dumb.
    I was hoping Lorca was some kinda Che Guevara that's fighting for a better future or some shit, then they make him a complete shibag as well and Michael has to choose between some pedophile mass murderer wanker and another genocidal bitch that looks like her old captain.
    Fucking retarded.

Somehow I thought Lorca would have some kind of justification for how he is, but nope he's just an asshole.

No one from the Mirror universe, no one has any any sort of moral compass, Thinking Lorca would be a freedom fighter is just a Fool's errand.
    Lorca, Mirror Phippipa, Mirror Voq, Even Mirror Sarek are straight up evil, Mirror Sarek believed Michael only because he took a look into her mind and saw she was his foster daughter in another reality and the content of her character.

Mirror Sarek raised Mirror Spock
    Mirror Spock would school the Discovery Mirror cast what being a hard ass is
    Mirror-Mirror-mr-spock-8660706-500-333.jpg

He also make the whole Evil twin having a goatee beard standard fare
    Thats bullshit speculation, Mirror Lorca was in our universe, did show compassion (and it wasnt exactly feint or even light) he drove people to the limits or even death if it would take him, but had an actual proven good core, especially with the case of Tyler.

Taking everything into account of Lorca which obviously transcends both universes, we have a dude that was so brilliant and evasion, he led a one ship mission to evade an empire, transport himself to another universe to grab his bae and take her back, which was on the low, whilst simultaneously dealing with new universes and legitimately dealing with a new universe threat the klingon, dealing with it with consumate ease thanks to the spore drive, on his fucking own, learning his history and banging top starfleet fleet officers to maintain his cover, and throw dem bitches to the wind, all the time prime starfleet just a dude on the edge.

Take a breather for a sec boys, reread that, that dude came to our universe for a bitch, but integrated himself so perfectly that nobody knew jack shit but he also got to know the crew (maybe he dgaf) but he inspired Tilly a lot and gave a lot of bridge speeches, apart from some old women he banged 30 years ago at the academy, like am a fanboy for not saying the entire season 1 setup wasnt some bullshit. For Lorca it just might work if...
    he survives

Like with everything presented, we could be on some new Khan nemesis for the ages type shit just on how badass this guy was, what he accomplished.

The rest of S1 and indeed S2 and however they salvage the mess with whatever they have left is gonna be a big fucking mystery lol.

Second last episode with Mirror Sarek all he said was "yea i think this bitch is telling the truth" which is nothing, the mind meld wouldnt cross universes, was 2 different people, he was just attuned to her because it would have been like a master guitarist picking up and instrument he played years ago going, "hmm yea i think this is in tune."

this fuckin showwwwww.......

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    tenor.gif?itemid=5696388
    Yiu guys didn't see that comming lol?

A lot of things about this show could be seen coming, but what differs about this show is its execution.
    edited February 6

A lot of things about this show could be seen coming, but what differs about this show is its execution.

thisss. i thought she was gonna be an advisor. i didnt realize the whole crew didnt know she was evil captain. this also sets up the obviously incoming mutiny as well as ol captain gettin killed again lmfao

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file