Brook PS3/PS4 "Fightboard" PCB Thread

jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfrazeJoined: Posts: 540
edited January 2016 in Tech Talk
Hey Everyone,

Brook just announced a new 40mm x 40mm Square PCB called the "Fight Board". Myself and few SRK tech talk members had some early access to the board and have been testing it for the past few weeks. With the help of our feedback they are ready for retail production and will be available through Brook's retail channels worldwide later this month (November 2015) at around $40 (US).

tUFSXnj.jpg

Features:
- Auto detects PS3 and PS4
- No 8 Minute Timeout on PS4
- SOCD Cleaner
- Firmware Updatable
- Optional Access to Turbo, Analog Controls (via firmware Update), TouchPad & Touchpad button, & LEDs.
- Common Ground

fD9AyRG.jpg

*One thing to note is that It requires soldering to access the inputs and does not come with screw terminals. So break out those irons...

As far as initial performance goes myself and @wazwuz have found the board to perform slightly faster or atleast equal to a FC4 pad hacked board. We will be testing further and with more detail when the retail firmware is available.

Brook via @gogo.zippy will be closely monitoring this thread throughout its initial release and as always will be available for questions and feedback.
Post edited by jonyfraze on
2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
custom cases & cabs • design • mods
www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook

Comments

• jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 540
    edited December 2015
    Confirmed Availability:

US:
    Paradise Arcade Shop
    Videogames New York
    Focus Attack (Coming In December)

SE Asia via Indonesia:
    ArcadeStick Indonesia

*Will Update this post as more vendors make this product available.
    www.jonyfraze.com

edited November 2015
    Latest Firmware V11 *Includes fix for PS4 3.11 Update.

www.jonyfraze.com

Reserved...
    www.jonyfraze.com

Tensho wrote: »
    Looks promising, sure hope they make a screw terminal version down the road.

stay tuned...

www.jonyfraze.com

• Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,739
    I'd buy a couple.

Please keep more stock than the 360 to PS4 converter had.

I may tri-mod some sticks now that this is an option.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,711
    Dreams do come true.

I really want to get my hands on one. It probably isn't possible but is there a way to turn Touch Pad button into Select when in PS3 mode in a future firmware update?
  • CptMuntaCptMunta 3 Green Bars Joined: Posts: 1,207
    This looks really promising. Anyone tried with a Vita TV yet? Need to make my dedicated Umvc3/remote play stick :-)
  • ThrowYouThrowYou Joined: Posts: 62
    edited November 2015
    @jonyfraze and @GOGO.Zippy

jonyfraze wrote: »

stay tuned...
    also interested in a screw in terminal(not all of us can solder :bawling: )
    Post edited by ThrowYou on
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,028
    ThrowYou wrote: »
    @jonyfraze and @GOGO.Zippy

Can you guys do an input lag test?
    jonyfraze wrote: »

stay tuned...
    also interested in a screw in terminal(not all of us can solder :bawling: )

@ThrowYou please look input lag testing

@wazwuz capture a video VS FC4
  • FreudlosPsyDFreudlosPsyD Joined: Posts: 30
    edited November 2015
    I like how there seems to be about anything you'd possibly need including L3/R3 on a small 40x40mm footprint.
    I take it M1/M2 are differential pairs, probably necessary once future firmware revisions enable analogue inputs?
    edit: Nevermind, The wiring diagram over at the ps4 third party hack options thread clearly shows a pair of motors attached; question answered.

Also: Forgive my ignorance, but what kind of games require a turbo mode/button in 2015?
    I like how there seems to be about anything you'd possibly need including L3/R3 on a small 40x40mm footprint.
    I take it M1/M2 are differential pairs, probably necessary once future firmware revisions enable analogue inputs?
    edit: Nevermind, The wiring diagram over at the ps4 third party hack options thread clearly shows a pair of motors attached; question answered.

Also: Forgive my ignorance, but what kind of games require a turbo mode/button in 2015?

@FreudlosPsyD
    Although It's difficult to maintain in future. But we can make a customize version on analogous inputs...
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,739
    I guess one other question that no one has asked.

Does this board have soldering points for a headset jack?
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • PaperTigrePaperTigre すごい!!!!! Joined: Posts: 2,200
    edited November 2015
    Dreams do come true.

I really want to get my hands on one. It probably isn't possible but is there a way to turn Touch Pad button into Select when in PS3 mode in a future firmware update?

This times a thousand, I personally have no use for the Share function, so having a button that is Select on PS3 and Touchpad button on PS4 would be wonderful

@Missing Person
    Not support headphone function
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I've been toying with the idea of making a PS4 arcade cabinet in the future, and would love to not have to buy a couple sticks just for their pcbs or do a difficult pad hack. This looks right up my alley.
  • Zx-toleZx-tole Joined: Posts: 619
    Does this have 5v for powered joysticks?
    Currently Playing-
    KOFXIV: King of Dinosaurs/Daimon/Maxima
  • xpulsexpulse Ice Ice Baby... Joined: Posts: 372
    Sign me up for 2
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when it gets struck by lightning?"
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,857
    edited November 2015
    Do PCB's need anything special to wire up the start + back/share buttons to act as a PS/home button or it's just simple wiring? :|
    @Zx-tole yes you can tap into the 5v for the LEDs.
    @tensho "start + select = home" isn't set up for a macro yet. It can be problematic on ps4 since the share menu will come up.
    www.jonyfraze.com

Good info, kind of wanted to avoid anything like a switch or another button but I guess I'll just find a nice place for a third 24mm while keeping it clean. B)
    CptMunta wrote: »
    This looks really promising. Anyone tried with a Vita TV yet? Need to make my dedicated Umvc3/remote play stick :-)

ill give it a whirl on my vitatv and let you know..

www.jonyfraze.com

• oldskoolgamingoldskoolgaming STMemory Joined: Posts: 105
    anyone from Singapore here and wants share shipping costs do contact me =)
  • AgiezeAgieze Joined: Posts: 271
    edited November 2015
    As soon as Brook announces this, the chinese company TimeHarvest proposes a clone something very similar (PS3/PS4/PC) for 48 bucks on alibaba and the 40 thieves ... is it only a coincidence?

*** "2015 New Arrival USB Encoder Adapter Arcade controller converting PCB support PS4 & PS3 & PC chip board for arcade game machine"

these chinese clones are starting to become very expensive. Considering we know thanks to the testers on the forum that the Brook board is more or less lagless, has no timeout etc, it seems far more worth the trouble than the clone, especially when the clone is more expensive and its reliability not yet proven.

Yet in 2015, a similar board (clone or not) shouldn't go over 20$ imho.
    Agieze wrote: »
    As soon as Brook announces this, the chinese company TimeHarvest proposes a clone something very similar (PS3/PS4/PC) for 48 bucks on alibaba and the 40 thieves ... is it only a coincidence?

*** "2015 New Arrival USB Encoder Adapter Arcade controller converting PCB support PS4 & PS3 & PC chip board for arcade game machine"

these chinese clones are starting to become very expensive. Considering we know thanks to the testers on the forum that the Brook board is more or less lagless, has no timeout etc, it seems far more worth the trouble than the clone, especially when the clone is more expensive and its reliability not yet proven.

@Agieze
    Thanks your info
    Please shared link on Alibaba to me..
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »

@Missing Person
    Not support headphone function

That's the only negative here, but that's no different than the FC4, and the positives far outweigh the negatives, so there's no chance that's going to be a deal breaker on the board.

@Agieze
    Thanks your info

http://timeharvest.net/2015-new-arrival-usb-encoder-adapter-arcade-controller-converting-pcb-support-ps4-ps3-pc-chip-board-for-arcade-game-machine-p-876.html

@Agieze
    Thanks your info

http://timeharvest.net/2015-new-arrival-usb-encoder-adapter-arcade-controller-converting-pcb-support-ps4-ps3-pc-chip-board-for-arcade-game-machine-p-876.html
    @Tensho
    It's not BROOK ...
  • SpoonzSpoonz Trinigamer Joined: Posts: 282 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Fantastic news. Can't wait to try the board out.
    Don't fight for victory, fight to improve yourself. Victory will follow
  • chaos3twochaos3two Joined: Posts: 14
    @jonyfraze @GOGO.Zippy Defo need an update on public availability as i have 4 TE1s & a hitbox i need all upgraded to PS4
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,141
    Zx-tole wrote: »

Looks like only 3.3v, which is fine for the Spark and Gamerfinger ones. Not so fine for the Sanwa Flash1.

ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
    @chaos3two as soon as we get the word I'll let y'all know..
    www.jonyfraze.com

• GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,503

Looks like only 3.3v, which is fine for the Spark and Gamerfinger ones. Not so fine for the Sanwa Flash1.

Of course theres a 5v source. From the usb.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
  • BraboChokeBraboChoke I take my food for thought with a pinch of salt Joined: Posts: 516
    In for later
  • KempoKempo Joined: Posts: 62
    Received an E-mail from Brook, they said they'll be available early December for $39.95 with $30 shipping to the UK. They said to E-mail them directly to place an order.
  • ArinexArinex Joined: Posts: 48
    This is great news.
  • YamatoYamato Joined: Posts: 88
    Kempo wrote: »
    Received an E-mail from Brook, they said they'll be available early December for $39.95 with $30 shipping to the UK. They said to E-mail them directly to place an order.

30$ for such a small PCB is a ripoff :(
    Registered bubble letter could be waaaay cheaper to Europe
    Any chance this PCB could be blocked via an update from Sony ? I suppose it's unlicensed so it's a risk, isn't it ?
    http://www.facebook.com/yamatodtc Facebook page with my work
    http://www.twitch.tv/yamato_fr FGC french community well known streaming
    I'm done with arcade stick modding and parts selling business, but still like to modd sometimes for friends and myself.
  • WinterMuteWinterMute Joined: Posts: 5
    Nice!

Any chance to buy in Video Games New York too?
    Yamato wrote: »
    Kempo wrote: »

30$ for such a small PCB is a ripoff :(
    Registered bubble letter could be waaaay cheaper to Europe
    Any chance this PCB could be blocked via an update from Sony ? I suppose it's unlicensed so it's a risk, isn't it ?

Brook is a subsidiary of ZeroPlus which has the official licenses to develop PCBs for the gaming industry. While this pcb may not be official sanctioned, they are using the same tech as their officially licensed boards. Plus it's firmware upgradable. To put things in hindsight the ps360+ was also never officially approved however firmware has always made it compatible.
    www.jonyfraze.com

• MegasizerMegasizer Joined: Posts: 145
    Sorry but that shipping cost can fk right off, bring it down pl0x!
    SFV - no main.

MAYFLASH V2 User
    Just wait and buy it on Paradisearcade or the other sites it will most likely sell on.
  • codykcodyk 2,6 P+K+G Joined: Posts: 227
    What about XInput drivers for PC? Some games (SFV beta) don't support directinput...

codyk wrote: »
    What about XInput drivers for PC? Some games (SFV beta) don't support directinput...

The ps4 pad is a d-input HID device. I wouldn't expect X-Input, that is whole different beast entirely.

Luckily for pc users their are a bunch of great tools like joy2key or even fantastic ps4 to X-Input translation software to solve these issues.

• codykcodyk 2,6 P+K+G Joined: Posts: 227
    Joy2key isn't always an option (sfv doesn't have 2p keyboard controls as far as I know)
    edited November 2015
    codyk wrote: »
    Joy2key isn't always an option (sfv doesn't have 2p keyboard controls as far as I know)

I'm straying slightly off topic here. But :-)

Have you tried x360ce? http://www.x360ce.com/ it's really robust. Inputmapper should work too.

Without these tools the standard ps4 controller plugged into a pc acts like a standard d-input controller but with crazy button mappings.

Software workarounds should work pretty easily.
    x360ce worked perfect for me for the SFV beta on all the sticks that didn't work.
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,141
    Gummo wrote: »

Of course theres a 5v source. From the usb.

Huh, never thought about stealing directly from USB itself. Always thought if you didn't get your power source from the pcb you had a chance for malfunctioning of some type.
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • ashran_yeashran_ye Joined: Posts: 12
    Hi,Tim cant connect to the forum.He sent me a message for you:

Dear customers
    We are sorry to say that some users have experienced problems with our PS4 Super Converters series after doing PlayStation’s 3.11 upgrade.
    The following two issues have been confirmed:
    1.) The Super Converter disconnects after 8 minutes
    2.) the Super Converter light go red and pressing a button does not trigger a response on the screen.
    We are terribly sorry for the inconveniences this may cause our customers. Our R&D team is working hard to fix this issue, and we will release a fix as soon as we have it ready. Thank you,
    The Brook Team