Brook PS3/PS4 "Fightboard" PCB Thread

Comments

• gekkekoegekkekoe Joined: Posts: 42
    I'm really interested in the prices in Europe once its available here. You can buy a FC4 here in Europe for around 50 euros and its officially licensed...
  • ashran_yeashran_ye Joined: Posts: 12
    More than 50 eur.
    then it doesn't really make sense to buy one of these, unless you require touch plink.
  • KempoKempo Joined: Posts: 62
    edited November 2015
    This is a far more elegant solution than a padhack, IMHO.

If these keep timing out after 8 minutes every time there's an update though, the FC4 will be the way to go.

Edit: @Darksakul Any reason for the "LOL"?
    Post edited by Kempo on
  • hlcwshlcws Joined: Posts: 108
    - SOCD Cleaner

Why is that not optional?
    VIPER TRISH X23
    GHOSTRIDER WESKER STRIDER
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,269
    Kempo wrote: »
    Edit: Darksakul Any reason for the "LOL"?

Why?
    This is a far more elegant solution than a padhack
    I tend to disagree with this statement, but its not nearly bad enough to warrant a Disagree flag. If anything it made me chuckle. Hence the LOL.

Also a pad hack does not have to look ugly, those with the skills to do so can make some really nice presentations with wiring.
    I seen Super wiring presentations where people spell out a word or do a design in wire that is also a functional part of the mod.

Seeing a sloppily done dead bug circuit would start being Ugly.
    Never pay double the retail price
  • blueNINEblueNINE Alex Smith Joined: Posts: 1,326
    Seems like a very good solution! Excellent that the touch button is an option on this. It would be awesome if we could somehow get auto-detection with other consoles, though it might require another PCB and/or be rather difficult.

Does the current version of the board work after the 3.11 update for the PS4?
    Please let me know if you need stick mods or repairs!
  • FearlessFearless Joined: Posts: 407
    Kempo wrote: »
    This is a far more elegant solution than a padhack, IMHO

It depends on who made the padhack... just go and see some of the excellent padhacks EJM does.

-And then you asked: What the Hell are you!?

Well, I shall say... I'm God's left hand... Devil's right arm...
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta Project Joined: Posts: 288
    blueNINE wrote: »
    Does the current version of the board work after the 3.11 update for the PS4?

it will have an update today, says zippy
    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
  • chaos3twochaos3two Joined: Posts: 14
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    The board will sell by @armi0024 / Paradise shop, @wazwuz / Arcadestick-indonesia and more ...

need a UK/EU distributor as well, importing from the US will be expensive as hell
  • chaos3twochaos3two Joined: Posts: 14
    gekkekoe wrote: »
    I'm really interested in the prices in Europe once its available here. You can buy a FC4 here in Europe for around 50 euros and its officially licensed...

where & what site are you buying from?, cause whenever i search google it refers me back to amazon.com or play-asia
  • kikimaru024kikimaru024 Mid-tier scrub Joined: Posts: 1,690
    edited November 2015
    ashran_ye wrote: »
    Hi,Tim cant connect to the forum.He sent me a message for you:

Dear customers
    We are sorry to say that some users have experienced problems with our PS4 Super Converters series after doing PlayStation’s 3.11 upgrade.
    The following two issues have been confirmed:
    1.) The Super Converter disconnects after 8 minutes
    2.) the Super Converter light go red and pressing a button does not trigger a response on the screen.
    We are terribly sorry for the inconveniences this may cause our customers. Our R&D team is working hard to fix this issue, and we will release a fix as soon as we have it ready. Thank you,
    The Brook Team

Is this for this Fight Board PCB, or a different converter?

*edit*
    Also, where would you solder the USB cable?
    Seimitsu & K-sticks > Sanwa JLF.
    This truth is not universally acknowledged.
    edited November 2015
    chaos3two wrote: »
    gekkekoe wrote: »

where & what site are you buying from?, cause whenever i search google it refers me back to amazon.com or play-asia

bought mines here http://www.nedgame.nl/playstation-4/hori-fighting-commander-4-controller/4893515413/ to mod my atrox
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Why?

Just wondering if I said something funny!
    Also a pad hack does not have to look ugly, those with the skills to do so can make some really nice presentations with wiring.
    I seen Super wiring presentations where people spell out a word or do a design in wire that is also a functional part of the mod.

Seeing a sloppily done dead bug circuit would start being Ugly.

I agree with that 100%, but this board is (allegedly) an inch and-a-half square, less than half the size of the FC4 PCB. it also auto-detects PS3 and PS4, meaning one less switch.

• DashumDashum Joined: Posts: 48
    This is incredibly cool, love how small it is. Now if only it had screw-in terminals for us technically-challenged folk =].
    Still lamenting over my lost account of 10+ years :'( .
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,621
    You guys oughta get these to etokki.com too, for East Asia. Laugh would have some use for these as well...
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 970
    Thanks @wazwuz testing experience
    The FB board is coming soon...
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 525
    good stuff @wazwuz ..
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
  • Behemoth88Behemoth88 Joined: Posts: 279
    Are there any updates on when and where we will be able to order one of these PCBs?
    Behemoth88 wrote: »
    Are there any updates on when and where we will be able to order one of these PCBs?

Please contact with Paradise Arcade Shop..
    These PCBs will release ship to Paradise next.week.
  • VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,829
    @EJM what's the underside look like?
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • Finest_KOFinest_KO Joined: Posts: 167
    Wow, looks like things are about to get very interesting.
  • RedSuiseiRedSuisei Joined: Posts: 8
    And I just bought an FC4 a week before this was announced... The more I see this the more I regret that I didn't wait.

Any plans on sending this to asia-based stores? Shipping from paradise to SEA would be really expensive.
    RedSuisei wrote: »
    And I just bought an FC4 a week before this was announced... The more I see this the more I regret that I didn't wait.

Any plans on sending this to asia-based stores? Shipping from paradise to SEA would be really expensive.

@RedSuisei
    U can contract with @wazwuz in indonesia
    @EJM ..... so clean - great work man.
    www.jonyfraze.com

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,712 mod
    We expect to start a presale this week.
    Do we still get chocolates if we order in bulk?

Also, pls. be sure to tell Bryan that we need to talk ASAP.

You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• tooltool Joined: Posts: 40
    What's gonna be the price? Any chance you have a dealer in Europe?
  • MegasizerMegasizer Joined: Posts: 144
    Send me one in a jiffy bag to the UK free postage please :D
    SFV - Ryu, Vega, Juri.
    Learning Bison, Guile, Laura and Dhalsim

MAYFLASH V2 User
  • -Tin--Tin- Joined: Posts: 130
    Posted this in the converter thread earlier:
    -Tin- wrote:
    Just got my 360 -> PS4 adapter, massively impressed with these.

For those of you in the UK, I'm currently in discussion about selling these (and the fightboard pcb's) over here in my soon to launch store, just waiting on a test fightboard before an order goes in. If anyone is interested but baulking at the cost+ shipping, keep an eye out or fire me a PM.
    I peaced out Sheng Long
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,339
    Pre-order starts tomorrow at Paradise Arcade Shop.
    Brook PS3/PS4 fighting board just came out!!
    It will release the distributor that offer pre-order service in following day as well! Keep watching!!
    Shipped them to Paradise Arcade Shop @armi0024 and Arcade Stick Indonesia @wazwuz today...
  • ThrowYouThrowYou Joined: Posts: 57
    We expect to start a presale this week. @EJM nice work! We will be releasing a similar type of board to make installation very easy, however we have a few "secrets" to incorporate!

Are you selling them with screw terminals?
  • armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,794
    edited November 2015
    They are up in the store
    http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-console-joystick/1630-brooke-ps3ps4-fighting-board.html

We are working on a few break out boards, and expect something in two weeks. They will add a bit of cost though
    www.paradisearcadeshop.com Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
    2015 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, OBS-MX buttons
    2014 Tech Talk Stick Mod of the Year, LVT3 TE2
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
    armi0024 wrote: »
    They are up in the store
    http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-console-joystick/1630-brooke-ps3ps4-fighting-board.html

We are working on a few break out boards, and expect something in two weeks. They will add a bit of cost though

Great news guys!

Can we also buy the breakout boards as a standalone purchase?

Please support PAS y'all!

www.jonyfraze.com

• armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,794
    edited November 2015
    Break out boards are coming soon... and yes they will be available for a discount if you DIY and we don't have to solder!

Protos arriving soon...
    The top row of 20 .100's is the same order as the PS360, the 20 pin break out with 2 rows of 10 is also PS360 format making this extremely easy as a drop in replacement. Also allows for easy integration of the kaimana mini :)

new%252520breakout.jpg

www.paradisearcadeshop.com Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
    2015 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, OBS-MX buttons
    2014 Tech Talk Stick Mod of the Year, LVT3 TE2
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
  • Redx508Redx508 Joined: Posts: 36
    I got a 360 TE-s will the breakout board be the best way to go for me? ill be removing the 360 pcb
  • FearlessFearless Joined: Posts: 407
    I need some of these boards for a couple of "cute" fightsticks I'm working on right now.

As soon as I get some money I will definitely buy two of them.

Congrats for the quick release @armi0024 !
    -And then you asked: What the Hell are you!?

Well, I shall say... I'm God's left hand... Devil's right arm...
  • SusanInParadiseSusanInParadise Joined: Posts: 99
    The break out board will help with install if you don't want to solder, however, it is laid out like the PS360 so it's not going to be as simple with random 360 pcbs.
  • MilkhamMilkham A Decent Breakfast Joined: Posts: 366
    is there an actual touchpad we can buy to wire up to this?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,269
    edited November 2015
    Milkham wrote: »
    is there an actual touchpad we can buy to wire up to this?

I know you can wire up the touch pad's Button to a push button, but I haven't seen the whole touch pad sold on its own

If you tear down a PS4 dual shock 4 game pad you see the touch pad sits on top of a tac-switch (a button basically).
    You can wire to that button input
    Never pay double the retail price
    @Milkham @Darksakul if you look at the first page the documentation shows an optional touchpad.. The model number is even included. I'm sure @GOGO.Zippy can point us in the right direction..
    www.jonyfraze.com

if you want touchpad function, please purchase a BROOK's touchpad to support.
  • ThrowYouThrowYou Joined: Posts: 57
    Awesome can we see the prototype of the touch pad are the dimensions the same as the ps4 pads?
    Just ordered a few from PAS, their shipping to the UK was almost half of what Brook's was so good job to them.