Brook PS3/PS4 "Fightboard" PCB Thread

Comments

• Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 367
    wicket_TL wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I recently bought a PS3 Madcatz TE Round 1, and am considering modding it with this PCB. For simplicity, I'm looking at the IST pre-installed board (https://www.focusattack.com/ist-pre-installed-brook-ps3-ps4-fight-board-pcb-kit/)

I need some help before I commit and buy the stuff. Has anyone here installed this board in a PS3 TE (or a VS, as I hear they're similar). How do I need to connect the two boards to ensure I get all the functionality of the panel on the TE? Home, Turbo (I want to map this the touch pad button), the switches and LEDs?

Any help would be hot. Thanks!

the 2 boards are already soldered together.
    you just need to connect the board with the connector and wire
  • VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,830
    wicket_TL wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I recently bought a PS3 Madcatz TE Round 1, and am considering modding it with this PCB. For simplicity, I'm looking at the IST pre-installed board (https://www.focusattack.com/ist-pre-installed-brook-ps3-ps4-fight-board-pcb-kit/)

I need some help before I commit and buy the stuff. Has anyone here installed this board in a PS3 TE (or a VS, as I hear they're similar). How do I need to connect the two boards to ensure I get all the functionality of the panel on the TE? Home, Turbo (I want to map this the touch pad button), the switches and LEDs?

Any help would be hot. Thanks!

same thing minus KGND and the teardown

SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • str[e]akstr[e]ak Friendly Neighborhood Sneaker Ninja Joined: Posts: 2,885
    Anyone having issues with the most recent firmware update (V1.5)? I updated my PS3/PS4 board yesterday in my Omni stick, and now the stick movements lock after about 20-30 minutes (so I can't move). All other buttons work.

After my movements lock, if I force D-Pad mode (Options + D-Pad Up), everything works correctly again.
    I enter tournaments as Real Life Bonus Stage:
    Twitter: @eddyRLBS
    YouTube: akaRLBS
    Twitch: sneakerninja

• DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 503
    Haven't noticed this yet. Was this on pc or ps4. I only tested for a few games though
    Dubon wrote: »
    Haven't noticed this yet. Was this on pc or ps4. I only tested for a few games though

I'm on PS4. It happened a couple of times yesterday evening/night and earlier this morning.

Not sure what's going on, since I've never had this happen before. Seems like it's been okay for the past hour.

str[e]ak wrote: »
    Dubon wrote: »

I'm on PS4. It happened a couple of times yesterday evening/night and earlier this morning.

Not sure what's going on, since I've never had this happen before. Seems like it's been okay for the past hour.

so it's like an occasional situation?

Seems like the case, but it was a pretty regular situation when I had people over yesterday afternoon.

Everything appears to be okay for now, so I'll update if it happens again. Thanks!

• sasquachsasquach Joined: Posts: 371
    str[e]ak wrote: »

Seems like the case, but it was a pretty regular situation when I had people over yesterday afternoon.

Everything appears to be okay for now, so I'll update if it happens again. Thanks!

Did you accidentally switch the joystick to RS mode? To do this, you press Start+Right at the same time, just FYI.
    "I'm just nice" -Harry Potter
  • FalkentyneFalkentyne Joined: Posts: 576
    Yes that's probably what happened.
    It's been happening to many people. I don't like the idea of using "Start+joystick" for changing LS/RS because there are many games which require you to hold start and move the joystick around. Some applications even use "Start+controller" as a mouse emulation macro.

I told Zippy and Brook Enginner that I really disagree with Start being used as a combo key for LS/RS. If it is used, it should be held down for 5 seconds, JUST IN CASE other games require you to use start button+joystick.
  • TortaTorta A piece of Cake Joined: Posts: 732
    Falkentyne wrote: »
    It's been happening to many people. I don't like the idea of using "Start+joystick" for changing LS/RS because there are many games which require you to hold start and move the joystick around. Some applications even use "Start+controller" as a mouse emulation macro.

I told Zippy and Brook Enginner that I really disagree with Start being used as a combo key for LS/RS. If it is used, it should be held down for 5 seconds, JUST IN CASE other games require you to use start button+joystick.

That's actually a good idea! holding start+direction for 5 seconds instead of a single click :)
    VAMOS
    MCCthulhu >> all

KOFXIII: Ash/King/Vice
  • Davidov07Davidov07 Joined: Posts: 16
    Hi, I just bought and installed a ps3/ps4 brook pcb, and updated the firmware, it no longer times me out at the 8 minute mark, but the SOCD funcionality is gone, left+Right=left and up+down=down :(
    is it just me?
  • DaftMarCDaftMarC Joined: Posts: 105
    Davidov07 wrote: »
    Hi, I just bought and installed a ps3/ps4 brook pcb, and updated the firmware, it no longer times me out at the 8 minute mark, but the SOCD funcionality is gone, left+Right=left and up+down=down :(
    is it just me?
    You accidentally switched your joystick to LS mode where there is no SOCD functionality. Press Up and Start to get back into DP mode.
  • Davidov07Davidov07 Joined: Posts: 16
    edited June 2016
    DaftMarC wrote: »
    is it just me?
    You accidentally switched your joystick to LS mode where there is no SOCD functionality. Press Up and Start to get back into DP mode.

Thanks DaftMarC, I'll check it out once i get home, glad to know it was me and that the pcb is working just fine <3
    Hopefully the LS switching system will be addressed soon. Maybe by a delay before pressing.

The reason why "Select" isn't used instead of Start (which you think would be a much better choice) is because while this would work great in PS3 and Xbox mode (where select/back does nothing useful), this is the "Share" button on PS4, so pressing this brings up the most annoying menu in the world--the share menu.
  • mR_CaESaRmR_CaESaR Joined: Posts: 729
    I say as great as this feature is, I'd much prefer it not be in the firmware :)

I'm OK to have no switching on the PS4 fightboard. For the UFB, I'm OK with using the switch on any of the sticks I've modded with it.

In the time i've had a stick that had ls/dp/rs, for me personally, it's never been switched to anything else other than DP :)
    I personally agree. I don't like combo keys for using LS/DP/RS functionality since it is on the UFB as a switch option already. I just feel it causes more problems than its worth. After all, most people who cared about LS/DP/RS functionality on their previous unmodded controllers already have a toggle/SPDT or SP3T Switch they can solder or crimp anyway.
  • mR_CaESaRmR_CaESaR Joined: Posts: 729
    I can just see the EVO Grand Finals, someone is mashing their stick and pressing start in between rounds, when the round starts, they have no idea why the stick is no longer working but in reality, the START+Right has been triggered :)
  • spenzaliispenzalii Joined: Posts: 2,019
    armi0024 wrote: »
    Updated design... 54.95

59.95 gets you the USB and ribbon to do something like this:

The idea is a three way switching USB. So you can easily plug the 20 pin ribbon into a PS360, jump the usb and then in 15 minutes you have added PS4 to your PS360+ stick. We also added an extra USB port for "fun" in the second picture its shown connected to the Kaimana so you can program without opening the stick.

Default is the PS3/PS4 board, Joystick up = PS360+, Joystick down = aux usb port.

This is what happens when you leave the board for a months at a time. You come back and your mind explodes. That's pretty pimp, I must say
    And we build BALLER SHIT! (c) Matskat
    SICK!!!!!!!!!111111111111
    VAMOS
    MCCthulhu >> all

sasquach wrote: »
    [snip
    Falkentyne wrote: »

I considered that, but I didn't really think much of it. Probably could have happened when I was quickly switching between the pause screen in training mode and changing up the options in SFV.

Definitely agree with the holding down of the two buttons to switch input modes.

• StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 541 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    armi0024 wrote: »
    Updated design... 54.95
    13407115_1151633574897528_4403058861903526577_n.jpg?oh=de6e922da05b5d69db67683054ae0f54&oe=57DA105F

59.95 gets you the USB and ribbon to do something like this:

The idea is a three way switching USB. So you can easily plug the 20 pin ribbon into a PS360, jump the usb and then in 15 minutes you have added PS4 to your PS360+ stick. We also added an extra USB port for "fun" in the second picture its shown connected to the Kaimana so you can program without opening the stick.

Default is the PS3/PS4 board, Joystick up = PS360+, Joystick down = aux usb port.

Ok USB switching is the new standard. Anything less is 8 buttons.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,826
    Haha thank you, actually we are making a big push to make a lot of different devices compatible... stay tuned.

We just sent a board to @fundando so hopefully an install video will be done soon!
    www.paradisearcadeshop.com Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
    2015 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, OBS-MX buttons
    2014 Tech Talk Stick Mod of the Year, LVT3 TE2
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
    DaftMarC wrote: »
    is it just me?

Thanks DaftMarC, I'll check it out once i get home, glad to know it was me and that the pcb is working just fine <3

good to know it works
  • kenmastersXkenmastersX Stone Nguyen Joined: Posts: 3,271
    mR_CaESaR wrote: »
    I can just see the EVO Grand Finals, someone is mashing their stick and pressing start in between rounds, when the round starts, they have no idea why the stick is no longer working but in reality, the START+Right has been triggered :)

omfg I was wondering what was going on.

In Guilty Gear Revelator on ps4 since there is no select button, in training mode reset position requires you to pause the menu then press a button to confirm the change picking the option.

Problem with this is if you're trying to get the character in the corner, you have to hold the direction+press the button. In a bunch of cases I've held forward while pressing start and it would get rid of my inputs.

Glad I found this out but omg I would love to see a different input done, especially holding start would be way more desirable.
    Evo MvC3 top 32 choke artist. :(

Also, I'm not Richard Nguyen's brother!
    edited June 2016
    Send a PM to Zippy or Brook Engineer. It's already been worked on with the UFB board. Change requires holding Start+joystick direction for 3 seconds. And it must be the SAME direction held down at the same time as start. So don't worry. Holding start then pressing a joystick direction for 2 seconds and then switching to a diagonal or another direction does not trigger a LS/DP/RS switch. This works very well. Even trying to get Akuma in ST doesn't require such a combination.
  • el grecoel greco Lite Dash Joined: Posts: 369
    Quick (and dumb) question that I couldn't find on the brook site; how does the xinput work with this PCB, does it show up automatically as x360 / xinput and can you choose PS3 mode on Windows PC?

Thanks in advance.
    edited June 2016
    el greco wrote: »
    Quick (and dumb) question that I couldn't find on the brook site; how does the xinput work with this PCB, does it show up automatically as x360 / xinput and can you choose PS3 mode on Windows PC?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Fuck, wrong thread. the universal can.. iirc ps3ps4fighting board cannot
    VAMOS
    MCCthulhu >> all

• NoryiaNoryia Joined: Posts: 53
    edited June 2016
    el greco wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

It shows up as a 360 controller. If you hold 1P when plugging it in, it shows as a 'P3 wired controller'. If you hold 2p while plugging it in, it shows as a '6 axis 14 button device with hat switch'

additionally from the changelist for the v1.4 firmware.

V1.4-20160411
    1. Fix 8 minutes time out problem for PS4 V3.50
    2. Manual setting for different mode
    -- Press 1P and plug USB→PS3 mode
    -- Press 2P and plug USB→PS4 mode
    -- Press 3P and plug USB→XInput mode
  • el grecoel greco Lite Dash Joined: Posts: 369
    Thanks @noryia
  • coredumpcoredump Joined: Posts: 38
    Hello. I saw some comments about the player led wiring on this board and I have a little doubt.

It has leads for R, G, B. Does that mean that I can drive an RGB led/strip from it (so, it is a PWM signal), or just 3 different colored leds? I don't know how the Dual Shock works so that may be part of my confusion (I noticed it has different colors but never paid attention).

Segue question: what kind of leds are you all using on this case.
  • the_ninja_fartthe_ninja_fart Joined: Posts: 12
    hey.
    yesterday i installed a ps3/ps4 board i bought a couple of months ago in my stick, and upgraded the firmware to 1.51 right away (don't know what firmware was on it as i had it stored for quite some time).
    everything works fine but i got the 8 mins disconnect on ps4.
    any ideas on how to solve this?

thanks
    edited June 2016
    still got random disconnections on this board.
    i have another one on my other stick which i updated regularly and works just fine with the last update.

EDIT: actually, i'm not sure is only on ps4 i got the DC's, something strange happens on mame too, although my laptop does not send a disconnected pad message to be sure saddly.
    try reverting to previous firmwares?
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,095
    edited June 2016
    still got random disconnections on this board.
    i have another one on my other stick which i updated regularly and works just fine with the last update.

EDIT: actually, i'm not sure is only on ps4 i got the DC's, something strange happens on mame too, although my laptop does not send a disconnected pad message to be sure saddly.

@the_ninja_fart
    Please update the same V1.50 or V1.5.1 file again.
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,095
    Hi All
    PS4 have released new system V3.55
    Brook PS3/PS4 Fighting Board worked well on it.

Great..No timeout

GOGO.Zippy
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »
    @the_ninja_fart
    Please update the same V1.50 or V1.5.1 file again.
    hey, just tried that and upgraded my ps4 too.
    i still got random disconnecs, it's not every 8 minutes, first one occured at 11 mins actually.
    may be the unit has a problem?
    Try a powered USB hub or buy a new USB cable.
    Also might be worth checking your soldering to the usb points