Brook PS3/PS4 "Fightboard" PCB Thread

Comments

• Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 331
    Pr0sk_ wrote: »
    I'm trying to use my brook PS3/4/PC pcb on a Rasp Pi with recalbox, but many buttons are not recognised (R1, R2, L1, L2, select, start)

Everything works fine on the pc, I think it is because recalbox doesn't like ps4 controllers.

Recalbox sees the device as "Zeroplus PS4', is there anyway I make the pcb act as a PS3 controller, or even PC, but not PS4 ?

Sorry if this has already been asked, I've only seen the question for universal fighting board

you may try

Manual Mode:
    step 1 : Press button:
    1P for PS3
    2P for PS4
    3P for Xbox 360
    4P for Xbox One
    1K for Wii U - Pokken Tournament
    2K for Original Xbox

step 2 : While Pressing, connect fightstick to PC
  • thnikkthnikk Joined: Posts: 2
    Could an original DS4 touchpad be used with this board?
  • Explorer200Explorer200 Joined: Posts: 442
    Very very happy with the ps3/ps4 fightboard. Works exactly how I wanted it to on PC (auto shows up as an xinput device).

Having touch pad input = select when using it on pc and ps3 is the best which makes it so I don't even have to wire the "share" input.

My Hrap3 sa is ready to roll. Thanks Brook.
  • trillmahertrillmaher Joined: Posts: 50
    I just got two Brook fight boards in the mail. Brook w/ Audio and the regular Brook PS3/PS4 fighting board. I'm wondering, do I use the same update files for both? I assume they both need to be updated to the latest firmware since I just got them, but I'm having trouble finding info on updating the Brook w/ Audio.
  • noodallsnoodalls Joined: Posts: 408
    trillmaher wrote: »
    I just got two Brook fight boards in the mail. Brook w/ Audio and the regular Brook PS3/PS4 fighting board. I'm wondering, do I use the same update files for both? I assume they both need to be updated to the latest firmware since I just got them, but I'm having trouble finding info on updating the Brook w/ Audio.

http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/PS4/

Updated firmware only for PS3PS4 fighting board from what I can see here. I haven't seen a firmware for the PS4+ audio fighting board.
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,040

@trillmaher
    Brook PS4 fighting Board w/ Audio..
    Never to update any file while getting

It can work well on PS4...
  • trillmahertrillmaher Joined: Posts: 50
    edited April 2
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »

@trillmaher

I don't have to update the Brook w/ Audio?
    Post edited by trillmaher on
  • TortaTorta A piece of Cake Joined: Posts: 707
    Very very happy with the ps3/ps4 fightboard. Works exactly how I wanted it to on PC (auto shows up as an xinput device).

Having touch pad input = select when using it on pc and ps3 is the best which makes it so I don't even have to wire the "share" input.

you'd want to wire the share button if you want to update your pcb for ps4 firmware updates D:
    VAMOS
    MCCthulhu >> all

KOFXIII: Ash/King/Vice
  • steveyseesteveysee Joined: Posts: 16
    Hi all, Ive just finished wiring with the Focus Attack ps3/4 board breakout board. Having a lot of issues getting pc to recognise. When i first set it up it I managed to update with brook updater from their site, all went fine and worked for maybe 3-4 matches then nothing it cut off. Now its not recognised and brings error 'device descriptor request failed'. Ive tried all fixes from this webpage - http://troubleshooter.xyz/fix-usb-device-not-recognized-device-descriptor-request-failed/ as has seen that solve issues on here and elsewhere but no luck at all :( Anyone can offer advice please? Pics of wires below. Thanks in advance :)
    ss.jpg
    ssc.jpg
  • AfroAfro Joined: Posts: 13
    edited April 2
    Hi I recenly bought a PS4+ Audio Fighting Board for a HitBox style stick and was wondering how to activate the SOCD cleaner. I had bought it because I have no soldering experience and was wondering if there was a solderless way of activating it. It says somethign about the J15 to activate SOCD but I'm not sure what that means exactly.
    Thanks in advance.

• SunTzu81SunTzu81 Joined: Posts: 534
    @Afro I wonder if that was what the extra jumper in the bag with the breakout board was for. Try placing it over J15 to see if it works.
  • Pr0sk_Pr0sk_ Joined: Posts: 33
    edited April 3

you may try

Manual Mode:
    step 1 : Press button:
    1P for PS3
    2P for PS4
    3P for Xbox 360
    4P for Xbox One
    1K for Wii U - Pokken Tournament
    2K for Original Xbox

step 2 : While Pressing, connect fightstick to PC

Thanks for the tip and the quick reply. This seems to work because default button assignement changes when I press a button and wire the stick.

But :

- neither the pc or raspberry wants to recognise 4P/4K. And if I wire the stick with 1P or 3P, It messes up with Start/select, and 3K works only while going as Xbox360.

1491217825-boutons.png

This is to say that I don't think it's a wiring problem. Anyway I have a pre-installed PCB, I followed this picture si I'm not sure what could have gone wrong.

Also no matter what I input at startup, games recognise my stick as XboX, show me Xbox and not playstation buttons so It's certainly a driver problem. I'v updated the firmware but I'm not sure about what to do next. Saddly I don't have a playstation to try it on, only my pc.

Sorry if this is all a bit confused, it's pretty hard for me to explain this in english.

1488536877-twitt.png
  • kooliokoolkooliokool Joined: Posts: 55
    Is there anyway to wire it up so I could use the headset jack on a 360 madcatz TE with the PS4 audio board?
    kooliokool wrote: »
    Is there anyway to wire it up so I could use the headset jack on a 360 madcatz TE with the PS4 audio board?

@kooliokool
    Please see [ How to connect ] to describe headset pinouts

http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/09922855/
    Afro wrote: »
    Hi I recenly bought a PS4+ Audio Fighting Board for a HitBox style stick and was wondering how to activate the SOCD cleaner. I had bought it because I have no soldering experience and was wondering if there was a solderless way of activating it. It says somethign about the J15 to activate SOCD but I'm not sure what that means exactly.
    Thanks in advance.

Great ...
    steveysee wrote: »
    Hi all, Ive just finished wiring with the Focus Attack ps3/4 board breakout board. Having a lot of issues getting pc to recognise. When i first set it up it I managed to update with brook updater from their site, all went fine and worked for maybe 3-4 matches then nothing it cut off. Now its not recognised and brings error 'device descriptor request failed'. Ive tried all fixes from this webpage - http://troubleshooter.xyz/fix-usb-device-not-recognized-device-descriptor-request-failed/ as has seen that solve issues on here and elsewhere but no luck at all :( Anyone can offer advice please? Pics of wires below. Thanks in advance :)
    ss.jpg
    ssc.jpg

@steveysee
    Which pc os do you use with PS4 Fighting Board?
  • AmazingGooseAmazingGoose Joined: Posts: 2
    edited April 5
    Hi, new to the forum here, and just finished reading this thread. Lots of good info in here, but I've got a couple of questions for replacing the board in my custom stick (with regard to particular buttons and firmware updates, and LEDs).

1) Firmware updates: can Home/PS + Touchpad be a firmware update combination in a future firmware release?

I only have 3 "special" buttons on my stick (currently PS, Select, Start):

nx1F95g.jpg

To update this for PS4, I was planning to wire the buttons like this (to support firmware updates):

PS -> Home
    Select -> Share
    Start -> Options

But if Home+Touchpad was an alternative button combo for firmware updates, I could make better use of the "special" buttons to support Touchpad button too:

PS -> Home
    Select -> Touchpad
    Start -> Options

Would Home+Touchpad to trigger firmware update mode be possible in a future firmware release? I realise this would require Home+Share to update the firmware the first time, but then future updates could be Home+Touchpad.

2) LEDs: Do the LEDs do anything other than Blue=player 1, Red=player 2, Green=player 3?

Do any of these LEDs illuminate for player 4? Do the LEDs light up for any other function? Does the Turbo LED serve any other purpose (like being a white LED?)
    I'm wondering if getting an RGB LED is a good idea, and perhaps using the resulting 3 spare LEDs of my sticks for additional special buttons/LEDs, e.g. Turbo button, Turbo LED, etc.

3) This is what I think I have to do

I'm pretty happy that I "future-proofed" my sticks by making them ready to swap out the board:

2hETV5Y.jpg

So I'm just wondering whether or not to replace one of my LEDs with a momentary button switch for very occassionally use or exclusively used for firmware updates, like this:

LED1 -> Swap out for Blue
    LED2 -> Leave as Red
    LED3 -> Swap out for Green
    LED4 -> Swap out for a momentary switch for Share
    PS -> Home (PS4) / PS (PS3)
    Select -> Touchpad (PS4) / Select (PS3)
    Start -> Options (PS4) / Start (PS3)

After reading this entire thread, I think the above changes are the way to go, but was wondering if I'd missed any new functionality in firmware updates etc?

Oh yeah, are the buttons for XInput like the PS4+ board?
    zeroplus-brook-fighting%20board%20audio-connecting-2017xxxxHowToConnectTheKeys_En.jpg
    Post edited by AmazingGoose on
    edited April 5
    Thanks in advance.

Great ...
    Ok?
  • OUT51D3ROUT51D3R Joined: Posts: 21
    Thanks in advance.

I'm assuming the connection in question is meant to be for a switch. If you want it on semi-permanently without soldering, just open up an old desktop computer you don't use and pull out a jumper(http://static3.bigstockphoto.com/thumbs/2/9/6/large1500/6921268.jpg) and use it to connect the pins.
    OUT51D3R wrote: »
    Thanks in advance.

I'm assuming the connection in question is meant to be for a switch. If you want it on semi-permanently without soldering, just open up an old desktop computer you don't use and pull out a jumper(http://static3.bigstockphoto.com/thumbs/2/9/6/large1500/6921268.jpg) and use it to connect the pins.

Cool thank you I will give it a shot :)
  • kooliokoolkooliokool Joined: Posts: 55

@kooliokool

On the original Madcatz PCB the headphone pinout is SPK, SW, MIC, and AGND.
    I was wondering how should I wire this up to the Brook board so I can use the original headphone jack.
    The Brook PCB has HP_L, HP_R, HP_DET, MIC, and AGND.
    Thanks in advance.

Cool thank you I will give it a shot :)

@Afro
    We have offered another one jumper in box, please check.

When J15 closed, the SOCD will outputting last button status
    Ex::
    L + R = R
    R + L = L

@trillmaher

@trillmaher
    if need, we will release file on Brook website.
    But in this moment, you don't update any file while you got it.

Hi, new to the forum here, and just finished reading this thread. Lots of good info in here, but I've got a couple of questions for replacing the board in my custom stick (with regard to particular buttons and firmware updates, and LEDs).

1) Firmware updates: can Home/PS + Touchpad be a firmware update combination in a future firmware release?

I only have 3 "special" buttons on my stick (currently PS, Select, Start):

nx1F95g.jpg

To update this for PS4, I was planning to wire the buttons like this (to support firmware updates):

PS -> Home
    Select -> Share
    Start -> Options

But if Home+Touchpad was an alternative button combo for firmware updates, I could make better use of the "special" buttons to support Touchpad button too:

PS -> Home
    Select -> Touchpad
    Start -> Options

Would Home+Touchpad to trigger firmware update mode be possible in a future firmware release? I realise this would require Home+Share to update the firmware the first time, but then future updates could be Home+Touchpad.

2) LEDs: Do the LEDs do anything other than Blue=player 1, Red=player 2, Green=player 3?

Do any of these LEDs illuminate for player 4? Do the LEDs light up for any other function? Does the Turbo LED serve any other purpose (like being a white LED?)
    I'm wondering if getting an RGB LED is a good idea, and perhaps using the resulting 3 spare LEDs of my sticks for additional special buttons/LEDs, e.g. Turbo button, Turbo LED, etc.

3) This is what I think I have to do

I'm pretty happy that I "future-proofed" my sticks by making them ready to swap out the board:

2hETV5Y.jpg

So I'm just wondering whether or not to replace one of my LEDs with a momentary button switch for very occassionally use or exclusively used for firmware updates, like this:

LED2 -> Leave as Red

After reading this entire thread, I think the above changes are the way to go, but was wondering if I'd missed any new functionality in firmware updates etc?

Oh yeah, are the buttons for XInput like the PS4+ board?
    zeroplus-brook-fighting%20board%20audio-connecting-2017xxxxHowToConnectTheKeys_En.jpg

@AmazingGoose
    (1) Update firmware >> You must to have both of PS and SHARE (or SELECT)

(2) Player LED as this picture to describe http://www.brookaccessory.com/Archive/_eng/upload/zeroplus-brook-fighting board audio-connecting-2017xxxxJ2PlayerLEDGuide_En.jpg

Thanks in advance.

It worked thanks :)
  • AmazingGooseAmazingGoose Joined: Posts: 2
    @GOGO.Zippy, the LED reference you posted is for the PS4+ board, I was asking for the regular Fightboard: do the 3 LEDs illuminate for anything other than player 1,2,3?
  • steveyseesteveysee Joined: Posts: 16

@steveysee

Hi, Im on Windows 10

Is there anyway to wire it up I could use the headset jack on a 360 madcatz TE with the PS4 audio board?

@kooliokool

On the original Madcatz PCB the headphone pinout is SPK, SW, MIC, and AGND.
    I was wondering how should I wire this up to the Brook board so I can use the original headphone jack.
    The Brook PCB has HP_L, HP_R, HP_DET, MIC, and AGND.
    @GOGO.Zippy, the LED reference you posted is for the PS4+ board, I was asking for the regular Fightboard: do the 3 LEDs illuminate for anything other than player 1,2,3?

@kooliokool
    The forth LED is for Player 4.

@steveysee

Hi, Im on Windows 10

@steveysee

Hi, Im on Windows 10

@steveysee
    Can your board work on PS4 or PS3?
    Pleaae confirm it use the forced in PS4 mode on PC, is it ok?

=)

@trillmaher

no, you don't
    Thanks in advance.

On J15,short SOCD to GND, enable SOCD
  • DinmanDinman Joined: Posts: 1
    koman wrote: »
    koman wrote: »

I would be an instant customer if you add the ability to make L+R=Last Input.

I have been a hitbox player now for three years, and there are pros and cons to each style of inputs.

L+R=Last Input is nice with charge characters, but requires more precision with circle motions. For instance half circle forward or 360s would be a lot trickier. Another thing I notice is that doing something like walk forward c.MK into fireball will easily autocorrect into DP if you are not careful.

L+R=Neutral is much more shoto friendly, and allows for an easier time in the neutral with c.MK > fireball. However this mode can be annoying when you are being pressured, as it's sometimes easy to leave a finger lingering on a button, which takes away a block. On a fightstick this would never be an issue, and I don't find it an issue when using the other method above.

I have hitboxes that are modded for both, but I would love the feature to have each.

After evaluation and deliberation, decision has been made--we will maintain current SOCD setting as that of Hitbox.
    As you guys mentioned, toggle would be the best method for it.
    However, for some technical consideration, the current SOCD would be the ideal setting.

Brook has heard your voice.
    It will be taken into consideration if the board is going to have modification in the future.
    Thank you for all your opinion~~

Brook

Thank you for your consideration.

If you don't mind, I would like to appeal to that decision with a few reasons I think are vital.

PC players have no option to play in tournament easily right now. On PC Back+Forward=Forward. On Hitbox with a Brook board OR PS360+, Back+Forward=Nothing. With the PC community being so vast, there are hundreds and hundreds of keyboard players. It takes a long time to adjust to Back+Forward=Nothing, and for many that removes the option for competing in tournament.

Here is what I propose. Can you guys consider uploading a variation in your firmware? For instance, the standard firmware would be Back+Forward=Nothing. The alternative firmware would be Back+Forward=Last Input. You can even do Back+Forward=Forward for all we care, it's essentially the same thing. I realize this would be extra work for each firmware update, but Brook right now is the community's only real option. PC players would be grateful. I want to be a customer, and this feature is the only thing stopping me.

Thanks for your time.

@Brook_Engineer / @GOGO.Zippy - Please please please, make this possible.

Custom firmware SOCD(lastinput) - L+R=R and R+L=L

@koman
    We already changed it and tested in our office.

@GOGO.Zippy - Is there a chance we can get that Custom Firmware so we can play on it?
    Thanks

Is there a public release for this anywhere? been stalking the forum for awhile on an update for this and would it work for ps3/ps4 brooks
  • sachin_bharmoriasachin_bharmoria Joined: Posts: 5
    LED2 -> Leave as Red
    device descriptor request failed
  • darkdragon88darkdragon88 Joined: Posts: 39
    I have one of those focus attack fight boards that works mostly, and I want to try to make a hitbox out of it. How would one use that particular board to change the directional inputs to buttons? Sorry for the noob question here.
  • MonkeyGovernorMonkeyGovernor Joined: Posts: 187
    I have one of those focus attack fight boards that works mostly, and I want to try to make a hitbox out of it. How would one use that particular board to change the directional inputs to buttons? Sorry for the noob question here.

Do you have the screw terminal version or will you be soldering?

Basically if you look at the PCB, each terminal (or each soldering point) is labeled for each input (Up, Down, Left, Right). You're going to run a wire to one of the microswitches (example below) to each button. You'll then see one of the screw terminals or soldering points for Ground. Run that and daisy chain as well to each of the microswitches.

558.jpg
  • OUT51D3ROUT51D3R Joined: Posts: 21
    edited April 19

Are you talking about the "IST Pre Installed Fightboard"? It comes with an extra cable intended to go to Happ style joysticks(5 pin header to 4 signal wires and a daisy chained ground). Literally all you have to do is connect that to buttons instead of a Happ stick.

I did a hitbox this way, and it's easy. The terminals on that cable are .187 instead of the .110 used on buttons, so either replace them with .110s or just pinch them a bit with a pair of pliers once you've put them on the buttons so they don't slip off easily.
  • darkdragon88darkdragon88 Joined: Posts: 39

Do you have the screw terminal version or will you be soldering?

Basically if you look at the PCB, each terminal (or each soldering point) is labeled for each input (Up, Down, Left, Right). You're going to run a wire to one of the microswitches (example below) to each button. You'll then see one of the screw terminals or soldering points for Ground. Run that and daisy chain as well to each of the microswitches.

558.jpg

I would definitely do this if I didn't have the below!

Are you talking about the "IST Pre Installed Fightboard"? It comes with an extra cable intended to go to Happ style joysticks(5 pin header to 4 signal wires and a daisy chained ground). Literally all you have to do is connect that to buttons instead of a Happ stick.

I did a hitbox this way, and it's easy. The terminals on that cable are .187 instead of the .110 used on buttons, so either replace them with .110s or just pinch them a bit with a pair of pliers once you've put them on the buttons so they don't slip off easily.

Oh right I forgot about those! Thanks a bunch :)
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 242
    edited April 21
    nvm im dumb
    Post edited by Bubbledotjpg on
  • pennylanepennylane Joined: Posts: 382
    I started getting 8 minute timeouts today (on PS4) when I didn't get any on Wednesday. Is this happening to anybody else?
    Bay Area / USF4, SFV / PSN: Rufus_Gunderson
    edited April 29
    pennylane wrote: »
    I started getting 8 minute timeouts today (on PS4) when I didn't get any on Wednesday. Is this happening to anybody else?

@pennylane
    Please go Brook website to download the latest version to fix.

• jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 998
    edited April 29
    Are you on the latest firmware?
    jopamo wrote: »
    Are you on the latest firmware?

@jopamo
    The V1.8 is working fine
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 998
    I know, @GOGO.Zippy . It appears that you and I were replying to @pennylane at the same time, with the same answer. Looks like you beat me to it.
  • pennylanepennylane Joined: Posts: 382
    Thanks for the quick replies. I'm dumb. I thought I Had the January update (1.8) but I guess I didn't. Weird that 1.7 was working fine up until today. Oh well. Thanks!
    Bay Area / USF4, SFV / PSN: Rufus_Gunderson
  • AngryAtTheWorldAngryAtTheWorld Joined: Posts: 3
    edited April 29
    @GOGO.Zippy Could I also have a copy of the PS3/PS4 fight board firmware with the last input socd enabled? That is huge. I can't afford a new board right now but will buy one with the option available when I can, and his would bridge the gap and be very helpful.

If it could be made to select with a key combination in future updates that would be wonderful...
    @GOGO.Zippy Could I also have a copy of the PS3/PS4 fight board firmware with the last input socd enabled? That is huge. I can't afford a new board right now but will buy one with the option available when I can, and his would bridge the gap and be very helpful.

If it could be made to select with a key combination in future updates that would be wonderful...

@AngryAtTheWorld
    The latest version is on board.
    Please use a wire to enable/disable Two SOCD

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_xxppvd7h24NjlPMGR0eVgzT2M/view?usp=drivesdk
  • AngryAtTheWorldAngryAtTheWorld Joined: Posts: 3
    @GOGO.Zippy Thanks so much! Perhaps put this info on the update history on the site so everyone would know? Either way, thanks for supporting us! Totally a lifetime customer for all my builds!
    @GOGO.Zippy Thanks so much! Perhaps put this info on the update history on the site so everyone would know? Either way, thanks for supporting us! Totally a lifetime customer for all my builds!

@AngryAtTheWorld
    No problem..
    Add history on brook website
  • Principlesof98Principlesof98 Joined: Posts: 19
    So to clarify, is it possible right now for me to have the new socd with last input taking priority for the ps3ps4 fight board? And if so how?