Brook PS3/PS4 "Fightboard" PCB Thread

Comments

• jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 886
    edited May 1
    EDIT: [derp] nothing to see here. Keep on moving...
    Post edited by jopamo on
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,028
    So to clarify, is it possible right now for me to have the new socd with last input taking priority for the ps3ps4 fight board? And if so how?

@Principlesof98
    As this picture to enable new SOCD.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_xxppvd7h24NjlPMGR0eVgzT2M/view?usp=drivesdk
  • Principlesof98Principlesof98 Joined: Posts: 19
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »
    So to clarify, is it possible right now for me to have the new socd with last input taking priority for the ps3ps4 fight board? And if so how?

@Principlesof98

Forgive me as i am a pleb.... so i just solder a wire between these two points? Nothing else special? Also, if this is the case, could i wire those two points to a switch to turn the function on/off? And if so, is it safe to do so with power being supplied, or should i only switch while unplugged?

@Principlesof98

Forgive me as i am a pleb.... so i just solder a wire between these two points? Nothing else special? Also, if this is the case, could i wire those two points to a switch to turn the function on/off? And if so, is it safe to do so with power being supplied, or should i only switch while unplugged?

@Principlesof98
    When you solder a wire between these two pins, it will output new SOCD outputting.

New SOCD output, second command covers first command.
    ie:( ← + → = →),( → + ← = ←)
  • zeththedarkmagezeththedarkmage Standing Fierce all day Joined: Posts: 809
    Is anyone else having issues with the online updater for this board? I downloaded and extracted it but it when I run it it says "server disconnect".
    DLC 8/25/07
    JMS 2/07/09

"Only the good die young..."
  • Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 318
    edited May 4
    @zeththedarkmage
    problem still exists?
    @GOGO.Zippy Thanks so much! Perhaps put this info on the update history on the site so everyone would know? Either way, thanks for supporting us! Totally a lifetime customer for all my builds!

@AngryAtTheWorld
    The latest V2.0 is available to output new SOCD .

http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/PS4/
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 428
    Hmm latest that shows up for me is 1.9
  • Principlesof98Principlesof98 Joined: Posts: 19
    Got the 2.0 patch. New Socd is working flawlessly! There are tradeoffs for both settings. I plan on wiring to a toggle switch to flip between settings for char/games i believe to take advantage of each
  • AngryAtTheWorldAngryAtTheWorld Joined: Posts: 3
    edited May 6
    @GOGO.Zippy It's done. Thanks again! Working flawlessly for last input SOCD. I have not updated the firmware yet though, and am not getting timeouts. Was anything else in the firmware changed?

Pic of mod:

imgur.com/isCZoGy

Pic of my custom hitbox with the board installed, case by Tek-Innovations. I found that adding the foam tape as a cushion makes the whole thing a lot more comfortable.

imgur.com/5EUOLM7

Post edited by AngryAtTheWorld on
  • mk_palmk_pal Joined: Posts: 1
    hey brook engineer can u help me i think i fried my brand new pcb i bought it from istmall.co.kr i tried to mod my ist MDF arcade stick then i used the old usb cable and the pcb seems not workin even i change the usb is there anything i can do?? please help!!!
  • zeththedarkmagezeththedarkmage Standing Fierce all day Joined: Posts: 809
    @Brook_Engineer

yes i am still having the problem. Ive even disabled all my anti-virus software as suggested and it is still saying server disconnect.
    DLC 8/25/07
    JMS 2/07/09

"Only the good die young..."
    @Brook_Engineer

yes i am still having the problem. Ive even disabled all my anti-virus software as suggested and it is still saying server disconnect.

make sure your PC is connected to the internet properly
    or you may try another PC
  • carcosacarcosa Joined: Posts: 4
    edited May 11
    So, is this correct?:
    default firmware - disabled SOCD
    updated firmware - enabled SOCD

(sorry i haven't read the whole thread)
    Post edited by carcosa on
    carcosa wrote: »
    So, is this correct?:
    default firmware - disabled SOCD
    updated firmware - enabled SOCD

(sorry i haven't read the whole thread)

@carcosa
    No.. You can use a switch to select two types of SOCD
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I can't get anything to work/happen with my brook board. No sign of life plugging it into my mac or my ps4.

I wanted to at least plug it into the ps4 before updating to try and confirm the button wiring but not getting any recognition and it looks like brook didn't put any led's on the board
    P. Gorath wrote: »
    I can't get anything to work/happen with my brook board. No sign of life plugging it into my mac or my ps4.

I wanted to at least plug it into the ps4 before updating to try and confirm the button wiring but not getting any recognition and it looks like brook didn't put any led's on the board

@P. Gorath
    Please check USB wires as this link http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/58690501/
    P. Gorath wrote: »

@P. Gorath
    Please check USB wires as this link http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/58690501/

The usb cable is just plugged into the usb port of focusattack's daughterboard
  • bartrebartre Joined: Posts: 26
    hey all,
    So I finished a stick using the PS3/4 fightboard and it's working great via my PS3.
    but I plug it in to my PC and it attempts to install the drivers, but almost immediately fails with a message saying that the device has been unplugged.
    Any suggestions?
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 133
    bartre wrote: »
    hey all,
    So I finished a stick using the PS3/4 fightboard and it's working great via my PS3.
    but I plug it in to my PC and it attempts to install the drivers, but almost immediately fails with a message saying that the device has been unplugged.
    Any suggestions?

Could be your USB cable which is too long, or you'r going through any additional stuff (ex: mc cthulhu) adding noise in the data lines of the USB.
    PS3/PS4's USB have a stronger signal than PC's
    Try a direct and shorter USB cable or try pluggin the stick in a repeater/hub USB.
    Got the stick working with the ps4 (no help from brook support) but no matter what I do I cannot get the firmware updater to recognize the stick on my macbook.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 886
    edited May 16
    1. Which OS version are you running on that MacBook? Also, which MacBook (Retina 2015, 2016.. or even older)?
    2. Are you using a USB hub or form-factor adapter as a connection intermediary from the Brook board to the MacBook? If so, which one?
    3. Do you see the Brook Board show up in the Hardware > USB tab in the System Information app (/Applications/Utilities/System Information)? If no, go to step 4.
    4. Try resetting the Mac's NVRAM and (if needed, a.k.a. issue persists) SMC. Then try enumerating the Brook board via USB connection upon reboot, and go back to step 3.
  • MonkeyGovernorMonkeyGovernor Joined: Posts: 185
    edited May 20
    Hey noticed the App won't show a new version when i go to update. For the V1 PS3/PS4 board it says v1.8 is the latest in the upper left and doesn't seem to grab the newest version available. And for the PS3/PS4 with Audio board, it only displays v1.3.

So anyway to force the program to pull the latest version or manually download from the website? I've tried re-downloading the online app, but still the same thing.

Update: Solved my own issue. Did a network monitor to see where it was attempting to grab the file. So I logged onto your FTP Server manually and grabbed what I needed from your FTP to update it.

Probably just a regedit people can do to clear to pull a new upgrade text file, but I've got an alternate way now.
    Post edited by MonkeyGovernor on
  • memizexmemizex Joined: Posts: 3
    Hey Everyone,

I just put together my controller and I have a few odd things that I can't seem to figure out.

I purchased this kit. https://www.focusattack.com/ist-pre-installed-brook-ps3-ps4-fight-board-pcb-kit/

Connected to my PC, it shows up as "P3 Wired Gamepad V1.6"
    I can look at the test function within windows 10 and see my buttons respond to touch/press. All work.

If I plug into my PS3, I can navigate and select fine without any issue.

When I plug this into my PS4, nada.

I tried using the Manual method of switching modes? Not sure this applies, but no matter what I do right now, it's not working. Is there something I missed? I'm reading through lots of forums and I'm getting a little lost.
  • MonkeyGovernorMonkeyGovernor Joined: Posts: 185
    edited May 21
    memizex wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

I just put together my controller and I have a few odd things that I can't seem to figure out.

I purchased this kit. https://www.focusattack.com/ist-pre-installed-brook-ps3-ps4-fight-board-pcb-kit/

Connected to my PC, it shows up as "P3 Wired Gamepad V1.6"
    I can look at the test function within windows 10 and see my buttons respond to touch/press. All work.

If I plug into my PS3, I can navigate and select fine without any issue.

When I plug this into my PS4, nada.

I tried using the Manual method of switching modes? Not sure this applies, but no matter what I do right now, it's not working. Is there something I missed? I'm reading through lots of forums and I'm getting a little lost.

Try running the updater. Sounds like you should be at 2.0 for that board.

PC Version: http://www.brookaccessory.com/library/dl_file.php?dir=download&filename=4c//vQUv4su7c2iuuBKPYjMRfY+E9g&o_file=PS3PS4FightingBoard_online.zip

MAC Version: http://www.brookaccessory.com/library/dl_file.php?dir=download&filename=tJqvsAV5s5q7c2iuuBKKYjQcfY+E9g&o_file=PS3PS4FightBoard_Mac_online.zip

I can run the updater on my PC. It shows i'm on 2.0 and I can run the updater without any problems.
    When I hook this up to my mac, my mac can't see it when I attempt to trigger the updater function.

However, everytime I plug in, it still shows P3 Wired Gamepad 1.6...
    Figured it out. I had LED's plugged into the main 4 buttons causing them to show up as always pressed. Disconnected the LED's and then I was able to use the Manual method of setting the mode.
  • WHITE_4ND_N3RDYWHITE_4ND_N3RDY Joined: Posts: 95
    edited May 29
    @GOGO.Zippy

I have some questions about the ps3/ps4 touchpad. There does not seem to be a whole lot of information about how the actual touchpad works other than a instillation schematic. Does the touchpad have to be wired up to a spst switch? And if yes do u just have to hold the touch key and touch the corresponding corners of the touchpad to get the desired input (ex;touch key + touch pad right for right touchpad input?) Any information will be very helpful to me, thanks.
    WHITE 4ND N3RDY: Acidmods admin, Controllermax staff member. Cement Masons Local 555, representing the triple nickel.
  • WallachWallach Joined: Posts: 204
    Looks like PS4 just got a system software update this morning (4.70).
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 540
    the FB seems ok after the 4.70 update and testing. I dont think were gonna need a patch this round! (also tested the UFB and the PS4+ Audio - all working as well).
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
    @GOGO.Zippy

I have some questions about the ps3/ps4 touchpad. There does not seem to be a whole lot of information about how the actual touchpad works other than a instillation schematic. Does the touchpad have to be wired up to a spst switch? And if yes do u just have to hold the touch key and touch the corresponding corners of the touchpad to get the desired input (ex;touch key + touch pad right for right touchpad input?) Any information will be very helpful to me, thanks.

yes, you need to hold the touch key and touch the corresponding corners of the touchpad to get the desired input
  • ihopeidieihopeidie already dead Joined: Posts: 32
    edited June 1
    I've been getting random disconnects over the past few days, the board isn't new at all and I've tried updating it just to make sure.

It doesn't consistently happen (sometimes 10 mins, sometimes 30 mins, sometimes not at all for a long time), so I don't think its a 8 min timeout issue, and I can just hit the PS button and it instantly reconnects, I don't even need to plug it in again.

I should mention as well that when I use it in PS3 mode, it doesn't disconnect.

Any ideas?
  • XianTKXianTK I'm just some dude. Joined: Posts: 13
    Dropping in to say that I'm having the same problems as ihopeidie. My board has had no issues up until now, randomly disconnecting after long periods of time. It averaged about 30 minutes before the controller disconnects.

Unfortunately, I have to disconnect the usb. I've only been using my PS4 since i've been mainly playing Tekken 7.

Hopefully this isn't too big issue and we're just the unlucky ones.
  • lionhartlionhart Joined: Posts: 3
    @Brook_Engineer
    Can you please let me know if it is possible to use Brooks fighting board to connect with dual shock 2 , if i manually solder the wires of dual shock 2 controller with the brook PCB board , will the set-up work .. I don't want to use ps2 to ps4 convertor .
  • AkshenAkshen Joined: Posts: 63
    lionhart wrote: »
    @Brook_Engineer
    Can you please let me know if it is possible to use Brooks fighting board to connect with dual shock 2 , if i manually solder the wires of dual shock 2 controller with the brook PCB board , will the set-up work .. I don't want to use ps2 to ps4 convertor .

If the ps2 board is common ground then yes. You just have to wire accordingly.
  • afiedlerafiedler Joined: Posts: 2
    just curios, what are the m1 and m2 solder points on this board for? ive been searching for it and cant find any info. also, what is the best way to connect a few 3v leds to this board? just use usb positive and add some resistors, or is there a lower voltage point i can attach to?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,967
    edited June 10
    afiedler wrote: »
    just curios, what are the m1 and m2 solder points on this board for? ive been searching for it and cant find any info. also, what is the best way to connect a few 3v leds to this board? just use usb positive and add some resistors, or is there a lower voltage point i can attach to?

m1 and m2 are probability test points
    what is the best way to connect a few 3v leds to this board?

You have most likely fallen into the old trap. You have a led which says something like Vf = 3V.
    That is the forward voltage drop and not the required voltage for the LED.

You still need Ohms law of V = I R to find the resistance.
    Here is a LED resistor calculator that is helpful

https://www.digikey.com/en/resources/conversion-calculators/conversion-calculator-led-series-resistor

Off the bat I say use a 150 ohm resistor per LED if you are wiring the LEDs in series.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • afiedlerafiedler Joined: Posts: 2
    Darksakul wrote: »
    afiedler wrote: »

m1 and m2 are probability test points
    what is the best way to connect a few 3v leds to this board?

You have most likely fallen into the old trap. You have a led which says something like Vf = 3V.
    That is the forward voltage drop and not the required voltage for the LED.

You still need Ohms law of V = I R to find the resistance.
    Here is a LED resistor calculator that is helpful

https://www.digikey.com/en/resources/conversion-calculators/conversion-calculator-led-series-resistor

Off the bat I say use a 150 ohm resistor per LED if you are wiring the LEDs in series.

awesome, thank you!
  • [OCT]Wall-Garants[OCT]Wall-Garants Joined: Posts: 45
    I recently bought a Universal Brook and it only stays in HID Transfer mode,It normally updates but continues as HID Transfer,I left the buttons pressed and it does not appear as game controller.Can you help me with this?
    I recently bought a Universal Brook and it only stays in HID Transfer mode,It normally updates but continues as HID Transfer,I left the buttons pressed and it does not appear as game controller.Can you help me with this?

it's in update mode, that means the PS pin and SELECT pin are somehow shorted......
    you use the terminal block for wiring?
    try to dismantle the wires on the 2 pins to see if it still stays in HID Transfer
    or, you may try to find other wires to test
  • [OCT]Wall-Garants[OCT]Wall-Garants Joined: Posts: 45

it's in update mode, that means the PS pin and SELECT pin are somehow shorted......
    you use the terminal block for wiring?
    try to dismantle the wires on the 2 pins to see if it still stays in HID Transfer
    or, you may try to find other wires to test[/quote]

Thanks for the attention, she is not installed in control, I went to test before assembling and she is like that.
  • JpenJpen Joined: Posts: 13
    Hey guys, i recently bought a Custom PS4 Hitbox(http://arcadeforge.net/Arcade-Sticks/Custom-Hitbox-Arcade-Fight-Stick-for-Playstation-4-PS4-PS3-PC-or-xbox360::230.html) which contains a brook fighting board PS3/PS4 and i'm experiencing some trouble configuring it for SF5 on PC.

List of things i've observed:

-Comes up as p4 wired gamepad V1.6, listed as a Xbox peripheral
    -Directionals work in-game as do 3P,4P,START and SELECT as default when i load up the game.
    -Once i set all the punches and kicks in-game the directionals stop working.
    -2K registers as 1K(1K works as intended)

Things I've done thus far:
    -Updated firmware from the brook site.
    -Cursory check of the soldering job on the pcb and it seems fine.

If anyone could share any information/solutions that would be super.
    I would contact arcade forge. They installed it so they should fix it. 2k registering as 1k sounds like bad soldering/wireing job to me. Normally you could open it up and try to fix it yourself, but why go through the hassle of that and risking your waranty when its a new product you just bought?
    Dubon wrote: »
    I would contact arcade forge. They installed it so they should fix it. 2k registering as 1k sounds like bad soldering/wireing job to me. Normally you could open it up and try to fix it yourself, but why go through the hassle of that and risking your waranty when its a new product you just bought?

I did yesterday no reply as of yet, Just checking to see if this may be a software problem with this particular board. As the shipping time between them and I would be quite long(Aus to Germany) Looking at the 2K soldering job there isn't anything that immediately jumps out that looks off, could be faulty wires etc?
    edited July 5
    Jpen wrote: »

I did yesterday no reply as of yet, Just checking to see if this may be a software problem with this particular board. As the shipping time between them and I would be quite long(Aus to Germany) Looking at the 2K soldering job there isn't anything that immediately jumps out that looks off, could be faulty wires etc?

Not too sure why that would explain the directionals not working after i set the keys in-game. Sorry for the double post.
    Can u post a pic? Ive installed one of the pcbs before and its so tiny its very easy to mess it up and not notice.
    Sure, the wiring is abit of a cluster as the incasing is quite small. Thanks for looking at it mate.

http://imgur.com/a/PBXKW

Pics are a bit fuzzy, its too hard to make out if theres any shorts. Do you have a multimeter?
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,966

Quick question, are you able to test it out on a console?
    edited July 6
    Pics are a bit fuzzy, its too hard to make out if theres any shorts. Do you have a multimeter?

I don't have a multimeter, i could attempt to take higher fidelity pictures if you like.
    gahrling wrote: »

Quick question, are you able to test it out on a console?

Possibly at the end of the week I might be able to, going to a mates.

EDIT: Quick update I found the controller/joystick calibration tool on windows 10. All the button seem fine except 1K and 2K, whenever i press these button they register both 1k+2k simultaneously
    Pressing 1k=1k+2k
    Pressing 2k=1k+2k
    Post edited by Jpen on