Brook PS3/PS4 "Fightboard" PCB Thread

Comments

• DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 502
    Hey @Brook_Engineer , did you get in ps4 4.0 beta?
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,093
    Dubon wrote: »
    Hey @Brook_Engineer , did you get in ps4 4.0 beta?

@Dubon
    We didn't get it from Sony. Did you get it?
    Nope. :(
  • HiYaPewPewHiYaPewPew Joined: Posts: 35
    Tried searching but couldn't find the answer. I'm installing the fightboard into my hori real arcade pro 3 and was wondering if I could still use the original R3/L3/Home/Turbo buttons. I know it's possible if those buttons are on a separate pcb but these buttons are on the main rap3 pcb and was wondering if it was as simple as soldering some wires to the proper points.
  • KarurauatsuureiKarurauatsuurei Joined: Posts: 4
    I'm also looking for a PCB to replace my Hori RAP V3 SA's board (which is broken). Would this one or the UFB have lower latency and be better for PS4 usage?
    I'm also looking for a PCB to replace my Hori RAP V3 SA's board (which is broken). Would this one or the UFB have lower latency and be better for PS4 usage?
    @Karurauatsuurei

The UFB have lower latency than PS3/PS4 Fighting Board
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »
    @Karurauatsuurei

The UFB have lower latency than PS3/PS4 Fighting Board

Why is that? Couldnt ps3/4 fightboard firmware be improved like ufb fw was?

• LLLLLFiVEL5LLLLLLFiVEL5L ¡!¿?¡!PSN:LLLLLFiVEL5L¡!¿?¡! ¡!¿?¡!CFN: FiVEL_FiGHTER_5L¡!¿?¡! Joined: Posts: 168
    So I have a fighting board with a PAS breakout , been working perfectly until about 2 hours ago . I get a disconnection on my controller .., it tends to happens with secs .... Think it's because something isn't suppose to touch something ? The female USB slot on the breakout feels loose , maybe that's the reason?
  • VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,830
    HiYaPewPew wrote: »
    Tried searching but couldn't find the answer. I'm installing the fightboard into my hori real arcade pro 3 and was wondering if I could still use the original R3/L3/Home/Turbo buttons. I know it's possible if those buttons are on a separate pcb but these buttons are on the main rap3 pcb and was wondering if it was as simple as soldering some wires to the proper points.
    Yes, very simple
    So I have a fighting board with a PAS breakout , been working perfectly until about 2 hours ago . I get a disconnection on my controller .., it tends to happens with secs .... Think it's because something isn't suppose to touch something ? The female USB slot on the breakout feels loose , maybe that's the reason?

Could be, direct solder to the usb lines and do some troubleshooting
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • LLLLLFiVEL5LLLLLLFiVEL5L ¡!¿?¡!PSN:LLLLLFiVEL5L¡!¿?¡! ¡!¿?¡!CFN: FiVEL_FiGHTER_5L¡!¿?¡! Joined: Posts: 168
    I fixed the problem , I just put the Brook in a nice plastic incasement
  • HiYaPewPewHiYaPewPew Joined: Posts: 35
    Vicko wrote: »
    HiYaPewPew wrote: »
    Yes, very simple

Thanks!
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta & Crown Project Joined: Posts: 418
    Brook Fight Board running well on PS4 firmware 4.0 just tested for about 20mnts and no issue
    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
  • Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 367
    wazwuz wrote: »
    Brook Fight Board running well on PS4 firmware 4.0 just tested for about 20mnts and no issue

good to know that
  • NearaxelNearaxel Joined: Posts: 11
    I'm getting "error (in findusb) VIDPID unknown"
    Can anyone help me solve this problem when Trying to update?
    edited September 2016
    Its possible u have d- and d+ mixed up. Some usb cables have different color code. The best way to test is with a multimeter from the pins on the usb plug to the ends of the wire.

220px-USB.svg.png

Edit: thats assuming the stick doesnt work and never has since pcb install offcourse
    The stick works, my computer recognizes it when I plug the USB in. I still get error (in findusb) VIDPID unknown
    Ok, do you have acces to a second pc? Also make sure you have home and select pressed when plugging in the stick after the utility prompts you to do so.
    Tried on 2 PC's plus a Mac so far. Same message for all 3. Yes, I have the home + select button. Have also tried only the home button, and all three at the same time
    Nearaxel wrote: »
    Tried on 2 PC's plus a Mac so far. Same message for all 3. Yes, I have the home + select button. Have also tried only the home button, and all three at the same time

@Nearaxel @Dubon
    Please delete a file >> log.htm and try again.
    Nothing changed. Still the same error
    Nothing changed. Still the same error

@Nearaxel
    What kind of PC or Mac version to update on your Mac ?
    We will look and check..

• TortaTorta A piece of Cake Joined: Posts: 731

Strange..

is is a PS3/PS4 Fighting Board?

Are you sure that you have Share button wired and not Touchpad? as you call it "select" :P
    You can't enter update mode without share button + home button :(
    VAMOS
    MCCthulhu >> all

KOFXIII: Ash/King/Vice
  • James LameJames Lame When's Melty? Joined: Posts: 91
    I got the PCB but i need a USB cable to solder onto to it.
    Does it matter what kind of cable i get, figured as long as it's a 4pin connector it'll be fine right?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,241
    edited October 2016
    James Lame wrote: »
    I got the PCB but i need a USB cable to solder onto to it.
    Does it matter what kind of cable i get, figured as long as it's a 4pin connector it'll be fine right?

Pretty much, but be careful not all connectors sizes match up.
    I often buy long tracks of pin connectors and break off to the size I need.
    Post edited by Darksakul on
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 1,022
    edited October 2016
    just confirming. does this board need updating everytime there is a ps4 software update?

i decide to go to page 1 and fuckin read. what an amazing experience !!
    Hi All Guys.

We are fine with Sony's 4.01 firmware update today.
    No firmware update needed for Brook products

Best Regards.
    GOGO.Zippy
  • Project_6Project_6 Deadeye Joined: Posts: 22
    Good stuff
    My tactics are imperfect. They always have been. Thus, there is always room for improvement.
  • ShadowCeroShadowCero Joined: Posts: 4
    So I'm having a problem with my hitbox, the triggers are always on. When I plug it in and check it in windows, it's seen as a xbox 360 controller. The z axis starts in the middle like the x and y axis but when I press l2 it goes to 0 and stays there until I press other buttons a couple times or press r2. When it's in the middle pressing r2 makes the bar full until I press other buttons or l2. Sometimes the pressing other buttons doesn't work and it stays until I press the opposite trigger.

An example of this in action is when I play Blazblue and try to change my buttons, when it asks to input the new button it immediately gets put in as R2. I can only properly assign buttons while holding both L2 and R2 down and then assigning buttons.

http://imgur.com/a/HRZkc Here are some pictures, if they aren't satisfactory tell me what you need a better view on and I'll get it.
  • hashratehashrate Joined: Posts: 150
    @GOGO.Zippy Hey I wanted to say that I am having an issue with my Brook PS3/PS4 fightboard. I am getting the 8-minute timeout today after I updated to the new firmware. I purchased the PS3/PS4 fightboard with IST breakout from Focusattack and have been using it for a few months now. The last update I used for my Brook fightboard is: PS3PS4FightingBoard_V17_201609 and I downloaded that from the Brook website. I know that you posted here and tweeted that the new 4.01 PS4 patch does not affect your fightboards, but for some reason I am getting the 8-minute timeout.

Please let me know if you can help me. Thanks in advance.
    ShadowCero wrote: »
    So I'm having a problem with my hitbox, the triggers are always on. When I plug it in and check it in windows, it's seen as a xbox 360 controller. The z axis starts in the middle like the x and y axis but when I press l2 it goes to 0 and stays there until I press other buttons a couple times or press r2. When it's in the middle pressing r2 makes the bar full until I press other buttons or l2. Sometimes the pressing other buttons doesn't work and it stays until I press the opposite trigger.

An example of this in action is when I play Blazblue and try to change my buttons, when it asks to input the new button it immediately gets put in as R2. I can only properly assign buttons while holding both L2 and R2 down and then assigning buttons.

http://imgur.com/a/HRZkc Here are some pictures, if they aren't satisfactory tell me what you need a better view on and I'll get it.

I will answer this in the hitbox thread
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    hashrate wrote: »
    @GOGO.Zippy Hey I wanted to say that I am having an issue with my Brook PS3/PS4 fightboard. I am getting the 8-minute timeout today after I updated to the new firmware. I purchased the PS3/PS4 fightboard with IST breakout from Focusattack and have been using it for a few months now. The last update I used for my Brook fightboard is: PS3PS4FightingBoard_V17_201609 and I downloaded that from the Brook website. I know that you posted here and tweeted that the new 4.01 PS4 patch does not affect your fightboards, but for some reason I am getting the 8-minute timeout.

Please let me know if you can help me. Thanks in advance.

@hashrate
    We have two pieces PS3/PS4 fightboard with IST breakout to update PS3PS4FightingBoard_V17_201609. it's working fine on V4.01
    Maybe there is a bit hardware issue on your board, I suggested you to return and change it.
    it's not an IST board

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    @GOGO.Zippy So does that mean all of the PS3/PS4 fightboards with IST breakout from FocusAttack don't work? I bought it about 5 months ago and hope they would let me return it, but not really sure if that will work. It is on my order history under my focusattack account so I guess I can ask. What is the other PS3/PS4 fightboard with IST breakout that works and where can I get it?
  • TizTozBriBruTizTozBriBru Joined: Posts: 253
    If my stick is only gona get used for PS3 and rarely PS4 or PC, is this board worth getting for my Mayflash?
    @GOGO.Zippy So does that mean all of the PS3/PS4 fightboards with IST breakout from FocusAttack don't work? I bought it about 5 months ago and hope they would let me return it, but not really sure if that will work. It is on my order history under my focusattack account so I guess I can ask. What is the other PS3/PS4 fightboard with IST breakout that works and where can I get it?
    Get the Paradise breakout board. The IST one had its own set of issues.

If my stick is only gona get used for PS3 and rarely PS4 or PC, is this board worth getting for my Mayflash?

Yes

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    @Vicko unfortunately ParafiseArcadeShop no longer has their Brook PS3/PS4 fightboards in stock :(
    I contacted Brook on their website and they said they are working on finding a fix. I hope they can do something since I have a local KOFXIV tourny this weekend. Once focusattack is back up from maintenance I will contact them and see how I can proceed with them.
    I just looked and they all appear to be in stock. @SusanInParadise @armi0024

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    @Vicko unfortunately ParafiseArcadeShop no longer has their Brook PS3/PS4 fightboards in stock :(
    I contacted Brook on their website and they said they are working on finding a fix. I hope they can do something since I have a local KOFXIV tourny this weekend. Once focusattack is back up from maintenance I will contact them and see how I can proceed with them.

@hashrate
    Please order one for other distributors in US like Video Game New York.
    @Vicko maybe just the breakout is, but not the entire assembly: http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-console-joystick/1660-brook-ps3ps4-fighting-board-with-paradise-breakout-.html?search_query=Brook&results=20

@GOGO.Zippy thank you I will check out videogamesny.

And thanks both of you for your quick support! Much appreciated.
    Hi All
    No timeout issue on V4.05

Keep fighting!