We need more SFV players!

2»

Comments

• FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,337
    Yeah man, PC route. You can use your current sticks and if you can't, there'll be a way without a converter.

Disabled the FB account. I imagine more shit popping up that's unavoidable when NWM is about to happen, so I'll skip that again and just save me the hype and eventual dissapointment. At least it's not work related these days. Hoping I can game with ya'll outside of drunken get togethers.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • GhrrkGhrrk Bun Bi Joined: Posts: 1,268
    The look of this game is inconsistent, and it bugs me. Gief, while interesting, has gross movement. Despite all the muscles he looks like he floats, like some Michelin man. I don't even have a stick for ps4. Still thinking about whether or not I will play this game.

Gief is really nasty and good in this game. People are getting grabbed.
    Face it straight!
  • BrentoBoxBrentoBox Drip Drip Drip Joined: Posts: 2,926
    I think my favorite part of SFV is V-Trigger gives everyone Sagat's time wizard ability. So everyone has like a secret upgrade, and you get a free super-long input window at the press of a button. It's how I'm reacting to jump-in's.
    "Upback is the new downback." - Airthrow

:dp: We da best.
    BrentoBox wrote: »
    I think my favorite part of SFV is V-Trigger gives everyone Sagat's time wizard ability. So everyone has like a secret upgrade, and you get a free super-long input window at the press of a button. It's how I'm reacting to jump-in's.

Thats definitely one of the better extra bonus' about V-Trigger. Plus its so easy to do! You can also use it off a poke to hit confirm damage and stuff like that.
    Face it straight!
    Can the V-Trigger activation cause a move to whiff as well?

Would the proper way to react to Brent's situation to be to double tap the input then, in case the first input is eaten?

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
    Femto wrote: »
    Can the V-Trigger activation cause a move to whiff as well?

Would the proper way to react to Brent's situation to be to double tap the input then, in case the first input is eaten?

I haven't figured this out personally, but its possible. Super freeze's in most fighters tend to do this right? V-Trigger works just like that, so it probably does eat inputs.
    Face it straight!
  • pockygiantpockygiant Joined: Posts: 400
    edited February 2016
    Ghrrk wrote: »

Thats definitely one of the better extra bonus' about V-Trigger. Plus its so easy to do! You can also use it off a poke to hit confirm damage and stuff like that.

This guy took full advantage of that with Necalli

twitch.tv/pockygiant
    antihero wrote: »

This guy took full advantage of that with Necalli

That v-trigger reaction time is maaaad scary in that context !
    Face it straight!
  • YangsingYangsing -> Joined: Posts: 541
    V
    Soon. At least Deadpool comes out this weekend to help the time go by.
    twitch.tv/pockygiant
    One week boys and girls. Hopefully game lobbies are part of the standard content, I don't see how they couldn't be, but part of me is worried it may be one of the "added soon after launch!" game modes =/
    Face it straight!
    One week boys and girls. Hopefully game lobbies are part of the standard content, I don't see how they couldn't be, but part of me is worried it may be one of the "added soon after launch!" game modes =/

Looks like 8-man lobbies will be added next month with the Alex patch, so thats kind of a bummer to have to wait. Just gotta remember that we're still getting the game early/ahead of the original scheduled release date. This is probably due to the nature that they're going to be adding to the game every month, so some things are just coming a little later.
    Face it straight!
  • mastermindmastermind BACON STRIPS Joined: Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    WHAT IS THIS THING
    -mastermind. NEXT TIME, WE EAT FIGHT STICKS.

SF2 code: t+ c(+) T-@+ r f(++) g@+ m? s->++ v+ M- n--:-- o+
    GGs at gameworks last night
    twitch.tv/pockygiant
  • DrDoomKillsDrDoomKills seattleMADE Joined: Posts: 522
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,407

gameworks has what games?
  • ISKoneISKone Joined: Posts: 31
    Hey guys I just got SFV and an arcade stick yesterday. I haven't played SF or any fighting games since PS1 but one day in and I'm loving it again, the stick makes all the difference.

If your looking to beat up on a newb find me on psn, same handle.
  • MechanicaMechanica elias the flyest Joined: Posts: 6,252
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »

gameworks has what games?

Every tuesday we bring a ton of setups and play SFV, guilty gear, and tons of other games show up too (melee, sm4sh, KI, blazblue, USF4 [less so since SFV release], etc).
    KOForever WHY IS 14 SO UGLY whyyyy is alex's neutral stance so ugly
    I see. What's the entry fee?
    ESPN2 @ Whole Foods pizza pit @ 7:00 PM. Wonder what people will say!!!
    edited August 2016
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    I see. What's the entry fee?

casuals are free and always present. Tourneys are usually 5 or 10 bucks. (Usually 10 I think.)
    Still Tuesdays? What about Fridays...
    Who's going to the Seattle Battlegrounds in 2 weeks? I heard it's only $20 to enter the tournament. I've never played SF5. Is it like SF2?
    Umm, sort of. It's more like SF2 than SF4 was. It's kinda like a cross between Alpha, SF4, SF2.
    I see...
  • BrentoBoxBrentoBox Drip Drip Drip Joined: Posts: 2,926
    You're not the same person as Brentiscool?
    Shout-outs to Warzard Akuma? :/

2»