Into The Badlands - Discussion Thread

Comments

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 34,990 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    how are we not gonna mention sunny's girlfriend is a automail mechanic. lol.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 26,697
    maxx wrote: »
    how are we not gonna mention sunny's girlfriend is a automail mechanic. lol.

Fucking Winry...
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's nice to see a show with an Asian lead that isn't mirroring The Green Hornet. Although this whole plantation "massa" feel is subconsciously a bit off putting. I was hoping to see real kingdoms.

Which begs the question, how the fuck do you outlaw guns and have everyone obey? I know this was done to prevent Gunkata hijinks and stick to traditional martial arts, but they might have to resort to some bullshit explanation to deal with this unrealistic scenario.
    Million wrote: »
    This dude activated DEVIL TRIGGER for a minute.. that guy wasn't ready for it.

There is some prime mutt hotness as well in the previous scene. A quick check of imdb reveals she was on The Tomorrow People on CW recently. Hopefully she's a regular.

I recognized her from that Gawd awful show as well. She and the other girls on the show were solid eye candy though.
    voodazz wrote: »
    Sunny can cut steel! Haki!

I'm sure he'll unlock his hidden D-lineage powers like the boy has later on in the series. They are from the same region after all.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,016
    It's nice to see a show with an Asian lead that isn't mirroring The Green Hornet. Although this whole plantation "massa" feel is subconsciously a bit off putting. I was hoping to see real kingdoms.
    I thought the plantation setting was interesting but yeah it could have been European feudalism just as easy without alienating anyone.
    Which begs the question, how the fuck do you outlaw guns and have everyone obey? I know this was done to prevent Gunkata hijinks and stick to traditional martial arts, but they might have to resort to some bullshit explanation to deal with this unrealistic scenario.
    Yeah, I had this thought too. They probably wont say anything at all about it. There doesn't seem to be a "Federal Government" that oversees the barons that would have the power to do something like that. That I caught anyway, I didn't finish the episode haha.

They probably wont mention guns again OR one of the barons is going to have a huge stash and get hammered by all sides.
    gl hf dd ka.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,430
    edited November 2015

Do you not watch anything without guns?
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,073 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    unrealistic scenario.

Did you see the combat nigga? :rofl:
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    RockBogart wrote: »
    unrealistic scenario.

Did you see the combat nigga? :rofl:

There's layers to the logic when it comes to world building. You can create a story with semi-superhuman fighters and Devil Trigger dudes and it still wouldn't cancel out the irrationality of shifty, conquest-thirsty barons not using conventional weaponry.

If the narrator didn't say they were banished and just eliminated the concept altogether I wouldn't be questioning the scenario. I would've pretended they never existed or the tech was lost.

Them having exaggerated choreography =\= going against human nature.

Do you not watch anything without guns?

Did I mention wanting to have guns? I actually like the concept and the pilot, I'm just questioning the execution.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    edited November 2015

Did I mention wanting to have guns? I actually like the concept and the pilot, I'm just questioning the execution.

You asked how they keep order without guns. The same way any other show/movie without guns does it. The head honcho is some OP dude and/or just has the respect. Or apparently as we have seen, maybe some supernatural crap.
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,016

You asked how they keep order without guns. The same way any other show/movie without guns does it. The head honcho is some OP dude and/or just has the respect. Or apparently as we have seen, maybe some supernatural crap.

No he asked how everyone unanimously agreed to go, "Okay! No guns for anyone. I promise!" and not have 1 person stash a whole fuckload of fire arms and rise up and merk the rest of the non-gun-having world.
    gl hf dd ka.
    edited November 2015
    Exodus. wrote: »

No he asked how everyone unanimously agreed to go, "Okay! No guns for anyone. I promise!" and not have 1 person stash a whole fuckload of fire arms and rise up and merk the rest of the non-gun-having world.

Ah misunderstood it. Well who knows... maybe they do have guns somewhere or the production of guns stopped a long time ago.
    Yeah I just find the notion of these guys in a lawless and unforgiving post-apocalypse having a longstanding "gentleman's agreement" regarding outlawing firearms. In any case, I already have high hopes for the show so it'll be interesting to see how the entire story progresses. The boy's ability might give us a clue as to how the world went back to the Dark Ages.

It's that time again!

GAT DAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 22,021
    The Widow is not to be fucked with.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,351
    edited November 2015
    IN THA FAAAAAACEEEEEEE!!! Like damn poor guy never saw it comin. I guess that's what happen when u get caught slippin in that world.
  • voodazzvoodazz WORST. RACIST. EVER. Joined: Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Widow don't give a fuck.

Called that stiletto kill at the end.
    www.voodazz.com
    "It's okay to lie to women. They're not people like us."
    -Peter Griffin
  • MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,204
    Straight ninja.

Just showed up in the bathroom lol
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,351
    "Mother said not to let u out of my sight" Oh please she knows she likes what she sees. She ain't foolin anyone
    edited November 2015
    Right lol

She was forcing herself not to drool
    edited November 2015
    Seriously, I need a gif of that 100 hit combo she did on that one guy.

Lady's about to wreck this nigga.

Well, you didn't have to kill the man....

• CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,258
    Momma taught her well!!
    That wasn't even 10 seconds.
    SFV: Laura & Akuma...TEAM "DAT AZZ" & MURDER-FACE
    Cold blooded Quinn
    Damn. It's like that Baron?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10

Lady's about to wreck this nigga.

Well, you didn't have to kill the man....

Yeah that poor guy suffered.
    I need Sunny to kill Quinn and take his place.

Sooooooooo, what's gonna happen in 5 minutes when he has no scar?

Man I was trying to see that kekkei genkai again
  • Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 731
    That hit was savage god damn.
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe SFV: Juri
  • C-SwordC-Sword Joined: Posts: 724
    The show is very anime-ish and actually much better than I thought it'd be when I first saw the trailer.

Oh damn, time for war! I like where this is going.
    they better fully fund this shit. 9 episodes or w/e it not enough.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 5,795

Seconded.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Not a terrible thing to waste Joined: Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So that is the thread were we post a bunch of non sequitur's? Is this show worth watching or is it white ppl karate?
    angelpalm wrote: »
    So that is the thread were we post a bunch of non sequitur's? Is this show worth watching or is it white ppl karate?

depends on if you like wuxia style fighting.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • angelpalmangelpalm Not a terrible thing to waste Joined: Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I like good choreography based on real techniques but I am guessing this is a bunch of slow wide punchy 80's stuff? I'll give it a try
    edited November 2015
    I like good choreography based on real techniques but I am guessing this is a bunch of slow wide punchy 80's stuff? I'll give it a try

do you know what wuxia is? cause if i said do you like wuxia and you think 80s american action....that really makes no sense. if your lookin for realistic action....this isnt the place.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Pretty sure most ppl on this site know about wuxia snowflake. But whatever fuckboi, akready said I would watch it, so you can go back to being a pretend karate movie expert.
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,433
    edited November 2015
    Not really feeling this show, its a teen drama script with R rated action.

When the action starts its great! That warehouse fight was insane.

Gifs
    into-the-badlands-fight-2.gif?w=650&h=365
    tumblr_ny99vnEMPe1qhc9d1o4_400.gif
    tumblr_ny99vnEMPe1qhc9d1o5_400.gif
    tumblr_ny99vnEMPe1qhc9d1o8_400.gif
    Pretty sure most ppl on this site know about wuxia snowflake. But whatever fuckboi, akready said I would watch it, so you can go back to being a pretend karate movie expert.

nigga you dont even know what fuckboi means....aignt no one tryin to sex you up. you come in here askin questions...someone answers, now you're bein a lil bitch about it. word? you wanted realistic action....this show isnt realistic lmfao. but sure insult me...cause your dumb ass is failing reading comprehension.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Not really feeling this show, its a teen drama script with R rated action.

When the action starts its great! That warehouse fight was insane.

Gifs
    into-the-badlands-fight-2.gif?w=650&h=365
    tumblr_ny99vnEMPe1qhc9d1o4_400.gif
    tumblr_ny99vnEMPe1qhc9d1o8_400.gif

Nice

@maxx shut up nerd.
    The Widow has proven herself to be quite formidable. I was expecting the Barons to be more like politicians based on Quinn being like a southern dandy in the pilot, but it's nice to see they can get their hands bloody. Quinn and his psycho progeny with the inferiority complex gotta go though.

The Widow going Berserker Barrage X on that henchman was so beastly. Dude had a bad day.

So far the choreography has been good and the world building allows for more suspension of disbelief in terms of the action. There definitely will be more sci-fi/fantasy elements we're going to see later on.

Another good thing is how they make sure to have at least 2 solid action scenes each ep.

Quinn is a badass too though. I'm expecting all the Barons to be pretty awesome fighters in their own right. Quinn's son is obviously the exception to this rule... Probably why he's trying to seed up the little blonde hussy.

This is a world ruled by strength. If you don't have it, you don't live very long.
    edited November 2015
    The Widow has proven herself to be quite formidable. I was expecting the Barons to be more like politicians based on Quinn being like a southern dandy in the pilot, but it's nice to see they can get their hands bloody. Quinn and his psycho progeny with the inferiority complex gotta go though.

The Widow going Berserker Barrage X on that henchman was so beastly. Dude had a bad day.

So far the choreography has been good and the world building allows for more suspension of disbelief in terms of the action. There definitely will be more sci-fi/fantasy elements we're going to see later on.

Another good thing is how they make sure to have at least 2 solid action scenes each ep.

Yeah it is cool to see that the head hancho's may very well be the most dangerous ones in a fight. I'd love to see a scene where someone calls out a Baron and be like " You wouldn't be shit without your Clippers. You're just a weak man/women guarded by strong men/women willing to fight for you" Baron be like

"Oh really? Give us some space boys/girls"

*Clippers back up*

"Alright then. You think I'm just a weak man/woman that hides behind strong men/women? Well here's your chance to prove it"

*Guy attacks*

*Baron slaughters him with ease*

"ANYONE ELSE THINK I'M A WEAK MAN/WOMAN SURROUNDED BY STRONG MEN/WOMEN?!"

"No Baron!"

"Good..."

Why do people always try that triangle choke shit? They KNOW they're gonna get picked up...

• voodazzvoodazz WORST. RACIST. EVER. Joined: Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Why do people always try that triangle choke shit? They KNOW they're gonna get picked up...

You can counter the slam if you grab onto their ankle before they pick you up. No, I ain't an expert, just saw it in a couple of mma matches.
    www.voodazz.com
    "It's okay to lie to women. They're not people like us."
    -Peter Griffin
    Wow Baron is off the chain, gives no fucks. Cheating on his wife right in the other room knowing full well that his wife knows. Guess when you have power like that you can do whatever