The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: A SHADOW FALLS!

DaemosDaemos God of FuckJoined: Posts: 8,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
edited June 2016 in Street Fighter V
The other thread was spontaneously deleted ( revenge will be mine @vasili10 ) so let us restart the discussion here!

Akuma didn't kill Bison, Zangief is gay, Q is David, Monitor cyborgs are real, and Poison is a man! GO!

Post edited by Daemos on
Memento mori.

Comments

• JokeeBoiJokeeBoi Literally nobody. Joined: Posts: 1,472
    Really hope we get a story trailer at CapCup. Bit of a pain to speculate on the games story when we have so little to work with.
    The only thing I really know is that I don't know a damn thing.
  • Chun-Li_ForeverChun-Li_Forever Chun-Li Fan Forever Joined: Posts: 686
    I think CapCup is gonna focus more on the reveal of fan than any kind of plot reveal.
    Chun-Li fan & main now & forever.

CHUN-LI FAN COMICS

CHUN-LI: THE GAUNTLET
    Chun-Li takes on Shadaloo... alone! Will she survive?

Cover Page

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30,
    31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60,
    61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90,

EVIL RYU V. CHUN-LI
    Chun-Li fights to break Ryu free from the Satsui no Hado

Pages
    01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

*Art by Sergio Briseño, Written and Produced by me

Please support @ https://patreon.com/treeink

I am an Actor, Writer, Filmmaker, and Street Fighter Fan

*edited April, 29, 2017 (Page 14 Preview: Chun-Li's fight to take down Shadaloo starts with a bang!)
  • DaemosDaemos God of Fuck Joined: Posts: 8,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    JokeeBoi wrote: »
    Really hope we get a story trailer at CapCup. Bit of a pain to speculate on the games story when we have so little to work with.

Well we have the history of events leading up to SFV and beyond to work with. It served us well for the last year. It's a shame that we lost the archive of discussions.
    Memento mori.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Official Urien of the Story Thread Joined: Posts: 2,572
    Heeeey!

Do you suppose we'll see stripped down generic versions of other character models in the game used to progress story mode? Sort of how there's generic Tarkata and Tekunin and such in Mortal Kombat 9-X? That'd be pretty cool. Just thought of it...
    "The governance of the ignorant has no bearing on me! I am reason itself!"

"Believe in me, not your gods, for I have transcended them all!"

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,454
    edited December 2015
    We'll probably see them in the Bengus skits if you mean non-playable characters.
    Wait, the previous thread was deleted!?

WHY!?

SO MUCH SF STORY KNOWLEDGE, DESTRYOYED :(

I'm going to assume that uncovering the truth of Chickenborg and other Shadaloo monitor cyborgs reflected so deeply on our detective skills that the NWO got nervous and pulled the plug just to be sure.

That AoA cover will be mine. As will the GI Joe vs Street Fighter cover featuring Snake-Eyes and Vega.

• DaemosDaemos God of Fuck Joined: Posts: 8,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2015
    YagamiFire wrote: »
    That AoA cover will be mine. As will the GI Joe vs Street Fighter cover featuring Snake-Eyes and Vega.

What about this glorious cover? Don't you care about Bison too?

4891291-sfu%232_coverd_incentive.jpg

Memento mori.
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,066
    I put in the original X-men cover to compare. Bison and the dolls. Birdie and Dan lol.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes mfw Capcom reveals something Joined: Posts: 6,670
    What happened? Could the deleter of the previous thread clarify so we can avoid it again?
    Can you be FGC without playing anymore?
  • bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 1,832
    Clearly one of the posters here is actually a monitor cyborg....... but whoooooooooooooooooooooooo?!!?!
    MGS-Characters-Skull-Face.jpg
    nFBCCYFK5UR8V.jpg

Nooooo they musn't know my secret....must post awesome cover comparison as a distraction
    Who rocks the Secret Wars cover art better Marvel or Capcom?
    jvcmmyekkkonza687jkr.jpg4863350-sfu1_coverd_homage.jpg
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
    bakfromon wrote: »
    Clearly one of the posters here is actually a monitor cyborg....... but whoooooooooooooooooooooooo?!!?!
    MGS-Characters-Skull-Face.jpg
    nFBCCYFK5UR8V.jpg

Nooooo they musn't know my secret....must post awesome cover comparison as a distraction
    Who rocks the Secret Wars cover art better Marvel or Capcom?
    jvcmmyekkkonza687jkr.jpg4863350-sfu1_coverd_homage.jpg

Secret Wars > Street Wars

SF Alpha > X-men Alpha

At least as far as I'm concerned with the covers.

And, yes, that Bison cover is pretty nice, Daemos...but...Snake-Eyes vs Vega is a fight I've LITERALLY enacted multiple times as a kid with my Snake-Eyes and Vega GI Joe figures (yes I own all the Street Fighter GI Joe action figures, dammit! and the Vega is GLORIOUS)

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Target confirmed! Joined: Posts: 5,399
    edited December 2015
    I thought Ryu hated spiders??

On a serious note, the other thread being deleted sucks. However, I'm confident that the consistent users will make this one even better than before.

Looking forward to seeing the great Fan at Capcom Cup. Only a few days to go!
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • EasilynEasilyn Inactive. Joined: Posts: 1,405
    bison should get what if costume dlc. What if ryu, what if cammy etc.
    Doa 5: Random Select.
    Ultra: Makoto/dudley/hugo/Oni/Cody/Guy/Honda/Poison.
    Mvc2: Random Select.
    Sf5: All the odd ones, no main
  • vasili10vasili10 Forever waits Joined: Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Daemos wrote: »
    The other thread was spontaneously deleted ( revenge will be mine @vasili10 ) so let us restart the discussion here!

Akuma didn't kill Bison, Zangief is gay, Q is David, Monitor cyborgs are real, and Poison is a man! GO!

ROFL revenge. Q's identity is known to no one, and it's certainly not David who's bald.
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,403
    Aw man, what, the old thread bit it? Have any of the mods said why? I really had a lot of posts that I dug from you guys. We...we all contributed and made something beautiful...

Agreed, I've been hoping for an iota of a trailer for story bits!
    I think CapCup is gonna focus more on the reveal of fan than any kind of plot reveal.

OMG!

Just realized that with the addition of Fan to the cast it becomes possible to create Street Fighter Fan fan-fiction! That's almost as wonderful as my pure love of the concept of Juli/Juni/Juri yuri! Just try saying it! It's delightful!

......you truly magnificent bastard lol <3

Pfft, I'm the only one who knows who Q is...my best friend's uncle's cyborg-nanny's neighbour's dog catcher's interpol representative's Rival works at Capcom and Nintendo and X-box and told me so in our annual, climactic battle to the death. (I got better...)
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,744 mod
    edited December 2015

Just realized that with the addition of Fan to the cast it becomes possible to create Street Fighter Fan fan-fiction!
    I approve of this pun.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    What happened? Could the deleter of the previous thread clarify so we can avoid it again?

Still trying to find out the what, who, and why. @d3v said he knows nothing about it.
    vasili10 wrote: »

ROFL revenge. Q's identity is known to no one, and it's certainly not David who's bald.

I was clearly joking.

http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
    edited December 2015
    Are we still doing win quotes? If so, I don't know if anybody came across this one.

Rashid to Zangief: "Grandp--wait, you're not him... You're Azam's friend, right? You look like my grandfather."

Lol so Gief is old enough to resemble Rashid's pappy, and he's another one of Azam's friend.

Also, anybody notice in the SFV India stage how Dhalsim's wife and son give a round of applause even if he loses?
    Although Karin butlers will start to act frantic if she loses on her stage.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,029
    Are we still doing win quotes? If so, I don't know if anybody came across this one.

Rashid to Zangief: "Grandp--wait, you're not him... You're Azam's friend, right? You look like my grandfather."

Lol so Gief is old enough to resemble Rashid's pappy, and he's another one of Azam's friend.

Also, anybody notice in the SFV India stage how Dhalsim's wife and son give a round of applause even if he loses?
    Although Karin butlers will start to act frantic if she loses on her stage.

Wait,who's Azam?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,454
    edited December 2015
    Dhalsim's wife only cried when he got hit or loses. If he was winning she would cheer.

I'm curious as to why his stage is called Apprentice Alley though.
  • AstyanaxAstyanax Joined: Posts: 4
    'The Dhalsim' business suit costume confirmed.
  • mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 978
    Wait,who's Azam?

Rashid's kidnapped friend. He's mentioned in one of Rashid's generic quotes.
  • GrieversGunbladeGrieversGunblade Joined: Posts: 131
    Shame about the thread being deleted. What happened?
    Ultra Street Fighter IV: Vega, Blanka, Decapre
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Dante, Zero, Wolverine
  • JokeeBoiJokeeBoi Literally nobody. Joined: Posts: 1,472
    Dhalsim's wife only cried when he got hit or loses. If he was winning she would cheer.

I think it's where Dhalsim teaches people his yoga. You can see some people in the background doing some yoga floats.
    The only thing I really know is that I don't know a damn thing.

I think it's where Dhalsim teaches people his yoga. You can see some people in the background doing some yoga floats.
    This is the most plausible reason, Dhalsim has been teaching people to float since Alpha 2

z3-dhalsim.gif~original

This is the most plausible reason, Dhalsim has been teaching people to float since Alpha 2

z3-dhalsim.gif~original

That's his Z3 stage.
    edited December 2015
    vasili10 wrote: »

z3-dhalsim.gif~original

That's his Z3 stage.

Damn, I pulled the same shit over on the Warriors Fate thread mistaking Guy's Alpha stage for his Alpha 2 stage. I confuse all the Alpha stages, they all seem to run together for me, especially Akuma's and Sagat's Z2 and Z3 stage. :pensive:

Either way, Dhalsim isn't unfamiliar to teaching his yoga to others. He may have successfully taught multiple students by the time SFV rolls around. He certainly has that "Master" vibe this time around in terms of looks.

• EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    Dhalsim becoming a full-on teacher would be great growth for him.

Dhalsim Yoga Pants DLC costume would be epic.

yoga-pants.jpg?w=650

Well Sim isn't the only character who may be tied to that stage so I dunno. I wonder if we'll see more stages or not. I'm expecting a new stage reveal with Fan which may pan out some storyline. We certainly haven't seen a shadowloo stage or anything yet.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • DoomCake196DoomCake196 AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO LIKES 360 INPUTS Joined: Posts: 13
    I bet everybody dies cause nobody was in street fighter 3
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,029
    Shame about the thread being deleted. What happened?

Probably a misclick while mods were deleting the spam bot threads, caught in the crossfire
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    Is there a capacity limit on threads here? It could be that the thread got some many posts it deleted itself. I've been to forums that had that kind of thing in place.

I noticed the off-topic and WTF buttons are gone. How is vasili gonna communicate with us now?

Try growing gills and fins; lungs and feathers haven't yielded any progress.