The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: A SHADOW FALLS!

Comments

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,432
    Is there a capacity limit on threads here? It could be that the thread got some many posts it deleted itself. I've been to forums that had that kind of thing in place.

I noticed the off-topic and WTF buttons are gone. How is vasili gonna communicate with us now?

I guess I'll be stuck with 5 Off Topics and 12 WTF's forever. As long as they don't get rid of the LOL button I'm good. Daemos I concur with you Vasili's last post. That was definitely WTF worthy. Back to the topic, are we only expecting a Fan reveal or will be getting more info on the SFV's story presentation at Playstation Experience.
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2015
    I think we will only be getting the Fan reveal now. They will probably wanna save the big guns for a higher impact event like PSX. Whatever the case, the story stuff should be popping up in the coming 4 weeks.

Also @Darc Requiem if you check your profile you will notice the Off-topic and WTF counts have also been removed.
  • bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 1,888
    edited December 2015
    Shame about the thread being deleted. What happened?
    The thread reached an awesome level that was over 9000 and became so strong that it destroyed itself along with the spam bots in one blow.
    v7zKcMd.jpgHrmXq22.jpg
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
    Daemos wrote: »
    I think we will only be getting the Fan reveal now. They will probably wanna save the big guns for a higher impact event like PSX. Whatever the case, the story stuff should be popping up in the coming 4 weeks.

Also @Darc Requiem if you check your profile you will notice the Off-topic and WTF counts have also been removed.

Yeah but if you click your own name. They are still present. It's weird.
  • vasili10vasili10 Forever waits Joined: Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I can't WTF your last post @vasili10 so consider this my formal 'what the fuck' notification to you.

Oh ouch (from you too Darc Requiem).

So why the thread name change from New Challengers to New Generation, TC?

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,495

Pretty sure they aren't. At least I don't see them
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...

Pretty sure they aren't. At least I don't see them

If I was at home, I'd screen cap it. When I click my profile, they aren't there. When I click on my name in the upper right corner of my browser they are still present.
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    vasili10 wrote: »

I can't WTF your last post @vasili10 so consider this my formal 'what the fuck' notification to you.

I see someone noticed. Since you asked, It t's because I didn't like having 'The' in the thread title twice, it didn't have a nice ring to it. Removing the second 'the' from 'the new challengers' didn't feel right either so I went with 'new generation' instead.
  • YagamiFireYagamiFire Hobby: Resurrection Joined: Posts: 2,794
    vasili10 wrote: »

I see someone noticed. Since you asked, It t's because I didn't like having 'The' in the thread title twice, it didn't have a nice ring to it. Removing the second 'the' from 'the new challengers' didn't feel right either so I went with 'new generation' instead.

....you monster!
    "Punks jump up to get beat down"

I designed SFV Ed. Your argument is invalid.

Visit us at the Street Fighter story thread! Click here!
  • VolcanickVolcanick Rookie Magic Joined: Posts: 325
    I see there's a SFV exhibition for Saturday. Maybe story tidbits there?
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,664
    Volcanick wrote: »
    I see there's a SFV exhibition for Saturday. Maybe story tidbits there?

woah where's the exhibition ? link plz
    MbxMf2C.pngy

Does that show up? If not it starts at 12pm PST
    Well I glad my football team is playing on Monday Night this week. Looks like i'll be glued to Capcom Cup all day Sunday.
    Wow...I...

F.A.N.G. is...awful looking. It looks like they gave up halfway through designing him and just said "Fuck it". He looks like a poor mans Tao Pai Pai with far less personality. Even his entire visual style just looks...wrong for the game. Like a One Piece aesthetic suddenly jumped into the game but is totally limited to one character. Bizarre.

His fighting style looks...immaterial. Generic kung-fu from comedy films. The long sleeves are totally stupid and make him look like gender-swap Hsien-Ko. The long-sleeves work for Hsien-Ko because they reinforce her sort of cute look as if she's wearing something too large for her. With Fang it just looks awkward and dumb.

Basically, he looks like a bland rip-off of these guys...

kung-fu-hustle-tueurs-fung-hak-on_229a328be90500badd6ab4186d507177.jpg

And they were awesome with their music & claw-based martial arts. That's cool and unique. Fang? Not so much. I think everyone that frequents this thread knows that I've been very positive with the game and have loved the cast especially knowing my boy Urien is in which gives me 1 game with my 3 favorite characters from the 3 generations of SF (Vega, Charlie and Urien)...but this is a total miss for me. I had high-hopes for a new Shadaloo lord and, for me, this is a miss in every way. His look and fighting style are both terrible.

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Andyyyyyyy!! Joined: Posts: 6,081
    edited December 2015
    Holy shit, was I off or what? I did not expect him to look like this at all. Still ended up looking really creepy, though.

Why in the world would Lord Bison be associated with fucktards like this? Age must be getting to him, because Bison seems like the type to vaporize guys like this just for looking like that.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing his connection with Shadaloo and stuff. Looks like he took Sagat's place.

He also seems to have some type of Poison, so that's probably what Bison was referring to in that voice clip.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 1,635
    Yeah he doesn't look intimidating at all.
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin(?), Xiayu
  • JokeeBoiJokeeBoi Literally nobody. Joined: Posts: 1,535
    Yooooooo, was Birdie Job/affiliation thing always Kanzuki family freeloader? He Karin's bodyguard or something?
    The only thing I really know is that I don't know a damn thing.
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 411
    Fang is.. interesting to say the least lol.

Kinda feeling the hype more for the DLC characters though. Did not expect Alex to be that first silhouette.
    Rip sig.
    edited December 2015
    Yea I definitely thought of those guys from Kung Fu Hustle when I seen Fan... or Fun... I mean Fang... Fin Fang Foom?
    He has the Mercenary Tao style threads, a Kung Lao style hat, but his fighting style is just kung fu clownish. Out of all the Shadaloo lords I'm betting he's the boot-licker, one that is totally obedient to Bison to the point its saccharine. Why is his name an acronym, and what does it stand for, or like S.I.N will we ever know?

Although the new Shadaloo stage is looking pretty epic. I think there's a ninja fighting a sorcerer in the background, and the statues are just boss.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,485
    edited December 2015
    rayplay wrote: »
    I bet the last thread was deleted because we dug too deep into the unknown history of SF comics. Talking about SvC was fine, but when we pulled out the 3rd student of Goutetsu and Bison's master, well, it would seem someone wants these things to stay secret.
    Gill and Illuminati confirmed lol

*ducks out of corner, looks left and right* I...I actually like Fang. *goes back to corner*

edit:
    bakfromon wrote: »
    Out of all the Shadaloo lords I'm betting he's the boot-licker, one that is totally obedient to Bison to the point its saccharine. Why is his name an acronym, and what does it stand for, or like S.I.N will we ever know?

Although the new Shadaloo stage is looking pretty epic. I think there's a ninja fighting a sorcerer in the background, and the statues are just boss.
    From what I remember of the leaked audio, he absolutely is. He's the first Shadaloo member we've seen who is so devoted to Bison. He wants to be the highest member without taking over just so he can serve Bison better.

About the acronym, I've been speculating that he's not above experimenting on himself since he's so devoted to rising to the challenge, coupled with his bizarre appearance, claws and poison. I think he made a new project and applied it to himself.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes You dun fked it up Capcom. Again. Joined: Posts: 7,068
    Fuck you guys, Fang's awesome. Martial arts movies have a rich history of screwball kung fu masters, and I'm glad to see one here. His name and poison effects make me think he'll have a strong "snake" theme to his design, which is a pretty common trope on both sides of the Pacific. (Reptile, Hazama, Jafar, Cobra Commander)

He's a tribute to kung fu movies. I applaud him and hope to main either him or Dhalsim.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,495
    I dunno how about you guys, but I just can't help but think that F.A.N.G. is not human. His proportions are not typically human, his appearance is really weird, his name is stylized as an abbreviation, and his moves (poison projectiles and poison cloud) also come off as rather unusual

He is a freak-character that stands out from the more down-to-earth designs of SF cast, and he reminds me of the likes of Faust, Twelve, Necro, Arakune

Quite possibly he is a Shadaloo experiment, which explains his membership (shown potent as a fighter, basically a successful project) and, like it or not, Bison DOES need a Sagat replacement since Sagat chose a peaceful life
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,485
    edited December 2015
    The flapping is weird, but rewatching the trailer it looks like he's spreading the poison and fanning it into the airborne opponent. At first I thought he infected people with claw swipes, but looking back it is a launched projectile (smoke or a mist of some sort)
    Why would Bison hire this turd as his #2? Why would he authorize the construction of statues of his lackies whom he actually knows they will betray him (yes even FANG will betray Bison according to the leaked sound files)? And in his control room of all places!!!! SF is becoming a parody of itself. It's the difference between the firsy Evil Dead film and its comedy sequel Army of Darkness.

Seth is a masterpiece compared to FANG (whatever that stands for).

@Shockdingo SIN actually stands for Shadaloo Intimidatiom Network yet the heroes in SF4 were trying to see if the corporatiom has connections to Shadaloo. That's the level of stupid we could be dealing with again.
    He may be bizarre, but the guy's got an interest in dubious experimentation and is a fighter, could have caught his eye by presenting him with interesting results and he could have made a name for himself by killing, creating, or gathering resources for Shadaloo. Way too early to write off his competence.

Meh, a parody of itself? I disagree. Sure there's elements I'm not a fan of, but I don't see it heading in that direction.

edit:
    I dunno how about you guys, but I just can't help but think that F.A.N.G. is not human. His proportions are not typically human, his appearance is really weird, his name is stylized as an abbreviation, and his moves (poison projectiles and poison cloud) also come off as rather unusual

He is a freak-character that stands out from the more down-to-earth designs of SF cast, and he reminds me of the likes of Faust, Twelve, Necro, Arakune

Quite possibly he is a Shadaloo experiment, which explains his membership (shown potent as a fighter, basically a successful project) and, like it or not, Bison DOES need a Sagat replacement since Sagat chose a peaceful life

I don't think you're far off actually. In his write up, the mention he has a passion for the experiments of Shadaloo. Maybe he was a longtime researcher or someone important to Bison, but not a Shadaloo trooper (or a looooow one who's chief contributions came from elsewhere), and he finally made a scientific breakthrough, tested it upon himself, became this thing and applied the technique or treatments to Bison to push him into his strongest form? With his ambition, I really can see this guy taking on dangerous experimentation to push himself higher in performance so senpai can notice him. Heck, maybe that's where the experiment fetish comes from. "It did wonders for meeeeeeeee! Let's see what it can do for others!"
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Actually now that I see Fang and I think of those audio files...maybe Fang isn't as "ra-ra Bison!" as we think and is actually more like Bison's own personal Starscream. He seems like a duplicitous scumbag...

I think the proportions and his super are what's REALLY bothering me about him. The overall look I could be down with...but his design looks distinctly impossibly inhuman compared to everyone else and it is seriously irking me. It's like he's in an entire different art style.

YagamiFire wrote: »
    Actually now that I see Fang and I think of those audio files...maybe Fang isn't as "ra-ra Bison!" as we think and is actually more like Bison's own personal Starscream. He seems like a duplicitous scumbag...
    That could be. I didn't listen to all the audio files, the only ones I heard had him praising Bison more than any past Shadaloo character. Who knows? Maybe he is "ra-ra Bison is my king, my God!" at first, but over the course of the storyline he (Bison) gets, injured or something. This creates a moment like Adon and FANG feels that his hero wasn't that great afterall, or now he could do better and his obsession pushes him to now be number 1 for the sake of the purity of the vision of Shadaloo that Bison now has strayed from rather than a simple betrayal for the sake of a betrayal? (Could be interesting to see a guy so invested in Bison's vision that he feels his leader husbando straying from it an iota is call for revolt --kinda like super obsessed fans who turn on a pop star or film star if they have a misstep) Like I said, didn't hear the ones that showed he'd betray Bison, so I could be waaay waaaay off.

Then again we're probably already putting more thought into Fang and his character and potential for a story arc than Capcom will lol

Why would Bison hire this turd as his #2?

He is the Captian Ginyu of Street Fighter. I'm suprised his lackeys don't have ridiculous poses and play rock paper scissors.

He is the Captian Ginyu of Street Fighter. I'm suprised his lackeys don't have ridiculous poses and play rock paper scissors.

Well if his lackeys happen to be the characters in the background they seem to be just as wacky as any Ginyu Force.

Street Fighter needs its own Toku Sentai song

Skullo's not doing much these days, maybe he knows a guy lol

Though in SFxTekken, Sakura and Blanka mention a "Red Warrior Bokori Man" so....maybe it's time Sf introduced him? lol

• just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes You dun fked it up Capcom. Again. Joined: Posts: 7,068
    Man, Bison must have really not given a shit about Vega or Balrog if he just put Fan second in command. I would have guessed the new order goes Bison > Vega > Balrog > Fan.
    Man, Bison must have really not given a shit about Vega or Balrog if he just put Fan second in command. I would have guessed the new order goes Bison > Vega > Balrog > Fan.

To be totally fair, Vega is the top assassin and would give no damns about being in charge...and Balrog would have trouble wielding the patience to over-see making macaroni & cheese let alone running Shadaloo.

I think this might actually be one of the first times we've seen someone designated as being "in command" other than Bison...then again, it is self-proclaimed on Fang's part so who knows? Maybe he is taking over the SIN duties from Seth? That'd make sense.

• FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 10,513
    Balrog's just a brute. I don't think he even cares. Just tthe $$$$$ is all he wants. Vega......plans to overthrow bison one day. Hell knows when that will happen though.
  • LOVECYCLONELOVECYCLONE Joined: Posts: 163
    I wonder who is V's art director and character designer. Maybe this time there's not a distinct figure like it was in the nineties and in the recent past with Ikeno's IV initial direction.

F.A.N.G. seems interesting. His design has a bit of those Bondian Shadaloo henchmen from Akiman's pen.
    Ono talked about how the story will evolve as time goes on and says "The team has a pretty good idea what you guys expectation are". He says he hopes it doesn't take the full 5,6 or 7 years to fully see, but the fans will get what they want, pretty much what he said. Nothing really of note

Ah! Just as I had hoped for. This also gives me hope that DLC characters will help flesh out the story as time goes on, so people like Sakura, Akuma, etc are strategically coming out at certain times.
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,810
    I hope that Fang's only role in the story is to show up after taunting whoever the main good guy of the story is, talk big, then gets knocked out in one punch, and doesn't show up again.
    PSN: rayplay
    Best widowmaker in North Korea.
    "He's gonna switch to wireless mid greed sever."
  • johnson.carl96johnson.carl96 King of San Andreas Joined: Posts: 220
    JokeeBoi wrote: »
    Km just gonna bring up again that Birdie's job/affiliation was changed to Kanzuki family freeloader in the latest build. Wonder what the story is there.

Here's Karin's quote to Birdie - "Wake up! I still have 999 fights left to meet today's quota!"

I'm guessing he is Karin's training dummy. In exchange he gets to 'freeload' on the Kanzukis. Well, it's technically not freeloading if he's providing some sort of service to them.
    Eagle called it first: "Another gutter slob looking for a handout, no doubt..."

So I guess the Kanzuki family is a relevant faction now? Right now we are looking to see
    Shadowloo (Bison, Balrog, Vega, Fan)
    Illuminati (Urien, Nash)
    Kanzuki affiliates (Karin, Birdie, Mika)
    anti-Shadowloo squad (Guile, Chun, Cammy)

I feel Juri and Ibuki will find a place among these groups. No Mad Gear makes me :sad:
    So Birdie leaves Shadaloo because he was being used as a test dummy, only to end up as a training dummy for Karin. I guess she feeds him well enough, I can see why someone like Fang would scoff at him. I like the character development for him though, street punk with the flu, turned Shadaloo thug, turned freeloading personal punching bag for Karin Kanzuki. I'd love to see the interactions between these two as they're complete opposites of one another in terms of backgrounds.