The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: A SHADOW FALLS!

1254255257259260662

Comments

  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,296
    edited July 2016
    I actually just remembered. Juri never bothered to go and try to retrieve the original FSE.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm this alpha though.....
  • WikumWikum Joined: Posts: 3,019
    edited July 2016
    Some thoughts about the story mode (I'm guessing we don't have to put spoiler tags)

    - WTF was going on with Necalli. His character makes no sense at all. Bison nor the illuminati had anything to do with him being there.
    - Decapre having her actual moves was pretty awesome. Same for some of the other dolls.
    - I hope the dolls are released as one character like in MKX (if they become playable at all). They would have a base moveset (maybe their normals) but then each doll would have a different variation.
    - I thought the story made Nash look really weak.
    - Ed needs to be a playable character.
    - What was the point of Bison's alt costume if he doesn't wear it in story mode?
    - Rashid and Laura were very annoying
    - Urien is so much fun. I want to buy a PC just to play the hack. Hurry up and just bring him out please.
    - Juri doesn't seem finished to me? Not that she should be or anything I just really couldn't work out how to use her.
    - Please make some of the stages used in story mode available in the shop. Some of them were beautiful.





  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,296
    edited July 2016
    Possibly, I dunno. It was only hinted at in her prologue. Then nothing came of it in the story. Eh, but the eyepatch being gone is a nice touch. That I like.

    Actually, the prototype was shown being able to have the same colour as her natural eye colour...but here it's green. And her ki colour is a little different (their are traces of her pink and purple in her moves). Something's not adding up. It could have also been a way to de-power her. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,247
    dabob12345 wrote: »
    bakfromon wrote: »
    I actually just remembered. Juri never bothered to go and try to retrieve the original FSE.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm this alpha though.....

    I think FSE alpha is the prototype FSE she used in the beginning of the SSF4 Juri OVA that's prone to malfunction but none the less beat Chun with. This one was left in the hands of the now defunct S.I.N so it was probably easier to reacquire than trying to infiltrate Shadaloo again. Bison more than likely destroyed the complete one.

    Something cool I noticed about Juri in story mode that when ever you activate FSEα or use her critical she removes her eyepatch for the remainder of the match.
    xLa3JuK.jpg

    On a side note: It is rumored that Urien may go full SF3 when he uses his CA. This is based on speculations of course but it does seem like it is promising based on the PC datamining.

    It's probably just his Beach costume.
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dabob12345 wrote: »
    bakfromon wrote: »
    I actually just remembered. Juri never bothered to go and try to retrieve the original FSE.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm this alpha though.....

    I think FSE alpha is the prototype FSE she used in the beginning of the SSF4 Juri OVA that's prone to malfunction but none the less beat Chun with. This one was left in the hands of the now defunct S.I.N so it was probably easier to reacquire than trying to infiltrate Shadaloo again. Bison more than likely destroyed the complete one.

    Something cool I noticed about Juri in story mode that when ever you activate FSEα or use her critical she removes her eyepatch for the remainder of the match.
    xLa3JuK.jpg

    On a side note: It is rumored that Urien may go full SF3 when he uses his CA. This is based on speculations of course but it does seem like it is promising based on the PC datamining.

    It's probably just his Beach costume.

    Nope.

    It's his 3S costume and it's part of his base model underneath the clothes. Only the girls got beach costumes.
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,650
    dabob12345 wrote: »
    On a side note, has anyone found an explanation to how Juri drove Cammy and Decapre from Brazil to London? My head canon is currently on the idea that they literally drove through the Atlantic ocean.
    lol I was thinking with resources from Helen and/or Viper she has access to some sort of VTOL aircraft or at least to goaded Cammy into helping her steal one.
    Daemos wrote: »
    Oh bisons' coming back for sure. Like always he has a backup plan. Ed seems to be a candidate......I see a man of bison's stature, a man so arrogant that he "dies" without a huff about it? Not buying it. He'll be back. And I expect that to be either after the Illuminati arc or just near it's conclusion.

    He's probably going to possess Kolin's body and kill Gill with an icepick during sex.



    #BasicInstinct
    Doubt it, that's what they call "Thursday Surprise"...they're kinda kinky...gotta get full use outta those powers somehow..."RESURRECTION!"
    With the way Vega left in the end, you sorta get the impression he's done with everything. No snickering, no ominous message, no nothing. He just quietly exits the area.

    How did I miss this?! Yeah, I found that interesting, even a bit before that the cooperation between Cammy, Decapre and Juri seemed to be getting to him. When the girls were freed he also seemed to lose heart. I guess Juri's proclamations of him being a perv hurt! Nah I'm kidding. It was interesting. He kept the claw but soullessly tossed the mask as if it was it. The End. Balrog surprisingly got the better deal of the two. He immediately was making plans to meet people with that suit of his. I think Vega needed to redefine that beauty he saw in Cammy and having her divert from his view maybe got to him.

    There's themes of faith, hope, loss and resurgence in this entire script so I think one of the more downer themes started affecting him now.
    I kinda wanna see Urien take down Gill. Although that leaves to be good enough to take down Urien then? And don't say the hobo....
    I know people in the cast, Q is riding a unicycle with Alex on his shoulders to the final arena. Alex jumps off Q's shoulders and powerbombs an industrial can of Jersey-grade Fake Tanner onto him. Urien, unable to deal with being an orange muscle-abomination rather than a Bronze Captain of the BananaHammockBoat bursts into flame and becomes an ashen statue. Then everyone notices a cute, redheaded barista ominously laughing that soon her plans will come to fruition...everyone's confused. Ryu arrives a month late "finally having the answer"...credits roll.
    So I got to thinking about the next possible cinematic and someone ( @Shockdingo I believe) brought up the resurgence of Mad Gear in the wake of the NY attack. This could be a really good idea if done right, but I need the following characters:.
    Yup that was me. Ooh, I like your ideas! Honestly, Capcom needs to take advantage of the power vacuum and the global chaos that's going on. The heroes won, but NYC needs a lot of time to recover and in that time a LOT could happen. Also in nations where the moons didn't erupt there was still panic.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

    Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

    No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

    My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,296
    Shockdingo wrote: »
    dabob12345 wrote: »
    On a side note, has anyone found an explanation to how Juri drove Cammy and Decapre from Brazil to London? My head canon is currently on the idea that they literally drove through the Atlantic ocean.
    lol I was thinking with resources from Helen and/or Viper she has access to some sort of VTOL aircraft or at least to goaded Cammy into helping her steal one.
    Daemos wrote: »
    Oh bisons' coming back for sure. Like always he has a backup plan. Ed seems to be a candidate......I see a man of bison's stature, a man so arrogant that he "dies" without a huff about it? Not buying it. He'll be back. And I expect that to be either after the Illuminati arc or just near it's conclusion.

    He's probably going to possess Kolin's body and kill Gill with an icepick during sex.



    #BasicInstinct
    Doubt it, that's what they call "Thursday Surprise"...they're kinda kinky...gotta get full use outta those powers somehow..."RESURRECTION!"
    With the way Vega left in the end, you sorta get the impression he's done with everything. No snickering, no ominous message, no nothing. He just quietly exits the area.

    How did I miss this?! Yeah, I found that interesting, even a bit before that the cooperation between Cammy, Decapre and Juri seemed to be getting to him. When the girls were freed he also seemed to lose heart. I guess Juri's proclamations of him being a perv hurt! Nah I'm kidding. It was interesting. He kept the claw but soullessly tossed the mask as if it was it. The End. Balrog surprisingly got the better deal of the two. He immediately was making plans to meet people with that suit of his. I think Vega needed to redefine that beauty he saw in Cammy and having her divert from his view maybe got to him.

    There's themes of faith, hope, loss and resurgence in this entire script so I think one of the more downer themes started affecting him now.
    I kinda wanna see Urien take down Gill. Although that leaves to be good enough to take down Urien then? And don't say the hobo....
    I know people in the cast, Q is riding a unicycle with Alex on his shoulders to the final arena. Alex jumps off Q's shoulders and powerbombs an industrial can of Jersey-grade Fake Tanner onto him. Urien, unable to deal with being an orange muscle-abomination rather than a Bronze Captain of the BananaHammockBoat bursts into flame and becomes an ashen statue. Then everyone notices a cute, redheaded barista ominously laughing that soon her plans will come to fruition...everyone's confused. Ryu arrives a month late "finally having the answer"...credits roll.
    So I got to thinking about the next possible cinematic and someone ( @Shockdingo I believe) brought up the resurgence of Mad Gear in the wake of the NY attack. This could be a really good idea if done right, but I need the following characters:.
    Yup that was me. Ooh, I like your ideas! Honestly, Capcom needs to take advantage of the power vacuum and the global chaos that's going on. The heroes won, but NYC needs a lot of time to recover and in that time a LOT could happen. Also in nations where the moons didn't erupt there was still panic.

  • NPham2005NPham2005 Joined: Posts: 76
    mykka wrote: »
    Frágment wrote: »
    Is Juli really in the story mode? I don't remember seeing her, and that contradicts T. Hawk's ending in SSFIV...

    I think Juli's profile says she was brainwashed several times, indicating she probably was recaptured

    It's also possible T. Hawk's ending is now non-canon.
  • mikrosmikros Yo, Joe! Joined: Posts: 1,010
    edited July 2016
    As a Chun Li fan I’ve been busy criticizing her treatment in the story, but Cammy got fucked by Capcom just as bad or worse. In her first fight against Vega, when they’ve escaped from Brazil to England (got an airlift, I suppose?), we see her completely devoted to protect Decapre, completely focused on her task, and she just loses to Vega! In a fight where she’s giving all she’s got, to protect the driving point of her story, she loses to a guy that is just fighting for fun! How retarded is this? How useless does this paint her as a fighter?

    Then they fight again, the fight repeats and she loses again! What’s the point of this? Where did the writers get their license? It’s just retarded how Capcom shat on Cammy. She even loses/fails to win a fight offscreen against Azam in Act 1! She only beat dolls and Peter the policeman that was about to retire!
  • bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 2,000
    Was Nash supposed to defeat Bison according to the Illuminati prophecy? Helen/ Kolin says something to Gill that the one who defeated Bison wasn't the one according to their prophecy. She seemed pretty hell bent on having Nash be the one to defeat after he lost originally and deemed himself not strong enough to defeat him.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

    New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • cazettacazetta Joined: Posts: 141
    edited July 2016
    The Storymode of the game is, very very very unfortunately, very similiar to a nightmarish episode of the 90's cartoon show.

    Edit: just stop denying it guys. The sooner we accept it, the better we can say to Capcom what NOT to do in these stories.

    I don't want super hero SF team with dudes falling out of the sky from a helicopter, Kanzuki as the hero team leader (?) and etc, Street Fighter is not GI Joe and that's precisely the reason why the cartoon show was so fuking bad lol. I want SF2 animated movie standard, or - at the most - something like 2 Victory but canon.

    The story mode of the game IS an important step and they should continue to invest on it, but with a decent writer next time.
    Post edited by cazetta on
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,296
    Probably, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was the original idea before capcom changed things up. I'm still flabber gastered at necalli though.
  • IkeKimitaIkeKimita Joined: Posts: 6
    bakfromon wrote: »
    Was Nash supposed to defeat Bison according to the Illuminati prophecy? Helen/ Kolin says something to Gill that the one who defeated Bison wasn't the one according to their prophecy. She seemed pretty hell bent on having Nash be the one to defeat after he lost originally and deemed himself not strong enough to defeat him.

    That's what it seemed like but Gill calmed her down and made it seem like that Prophecy's are still true even if the details are slightly off. Kinda reminds me off the warrior prophet and how he predicted Necalli would fight Ryu and Dhalsim but he was wrong in the actual outcomes of the fight.
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2016
    bakfromon wrote: »
    Was Nash supposed to defeat Bison according to the Illuminati prophecy? Helen/ Kolin says something to Gill that the one who defeated Bison wasn't the one according to their prophecy. She seemed pretty hell bent on having Nash be the one to defeat after he lost originally and deemed himself not strong enough to defeat him.

    Yeah, Helen wanted to the realize the prophecy of Gill saving the day by forcing it. Nash was just a proxy for Gill's power IMO (therefore Gill would've stopped Bison), which was supposed to nullify Bison's psycho power. It didn't but Nash really had no choice but to try. He was dead anyway and it was the least he could do, knowing full well that he will die in every possible outcome.

    Although in the original prophecy, it isn't mentioned no character but Gill was specified or implied. Bison was referred to symbolically only.
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,523
    edited July 2016
    I will say, I wish instead of the various generic Shadaloo troopers we had to fight, that we'd just fought the last 3 Dolls instead.

    Xiayu and Jianyu could have easily replaced the fat and thin troopers at the bank. And skullmask trooper or Beret trooper could have been Noembelu instead.
  • TiberiousTiberious Oh noes! Teh FURRY! Joined: Posts: 1,067
    So, speaking of the ol' dual-hued OP boss of SF3, is the ending of the story mode still using the in-game engine, or was that a movie file? I really hope it's the former, since it means there's a Gill model in the game now (yep, I'm hoping for a playable version in this game, since they already have Urien).

    Also, since the subject is the prophecy, let's go through and see what happens in SF5's General Story (using Gill's Dreamcast-only ending in Double Impact):
    When the sun sets on the Soliton Mountain,
    the black moon will break into seven pieces,
    and fall on the people of "Ultania".
    Well, Shadaloo did have 7 Black Moons, and they did start to fall.
    Nothing can prevent this...
    Except for Rashid, apparently.
    Death and destruction will violate the land.
    Misery and suffering will assault the
    people...
    Only NYC got hit with an EMP from one of the Black Moons, and as noted above, Rashid stopped the descent program, so... a miss?
    Then, after 130 days of nothingness, a boy
    who controls the elements will be born to
    save the people...
    Helen/Kolin was quoting this part (though not verbatim) on a rooftop in Moscow during the story mode.
    Gill's already alive, and a grown-ass man, so it's pretty clear that he's not the boy the prophecy mentions.
    Perhaps Gill is meant to find the boy, and that's what motivates him in SF3?
    - From the "Book of Miraha 3.11" -
    Just the citation, so nothing too important.
    Obviously "3.11" is meant to be similar to, and evoke "John 3:16" from the New Testament, which was popular on signs in the mid-90s as a simple way to identify the holder as a Christian.
    I write about games. Current post about the PS3's hacking.
    http://one-step-back.blogspot.com/
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,414
    You know what would at least mitigate the "Chun-Li and Guile did nothing to destroy Bison/Shadaloo" debate? Well, remember how first Ibuki and then R. Mika fought Balrog in the Shadaloo base? It should have been so that before Ryu (perhaps even before Nash), Chun-Li and Guile, saying what they're supposed to say to Bison, fulfilling their story purposes, fought Bison and lost. Then Nash absorbs his Psycho Power somewhat and dies. Then it's Ryu's, who has found a new power within, one that is enough to finally put an end to a weakened Bison, turn to end what the others have started. This way, everyone actually does what they're supposed to do and it all makes sense.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,739
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    I will say, I wish instead of the various generic Shadaloo troopers we had to fight, that we'd just fought the last 3 Dolls instead.

    Xiayu and Jianyu could have easily replaced the fat and thin troopers at the bank. And skullmask trooper or Beret trooper could have been Noembelu instead.

    I hate fighting actual Cammy enough already. Trying to match their animations and learn which ones are new is way more fun than blue spandex waifu #10. Decapre and Juli were legitimately fun though and almost felt like full characters.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,980
    IkeKimita wrote: »
    People need to look up the definition of Mary Sue. A lot of you are tossing around the term and don't know what it means.

    "The prototypical Mary Sue is an original female character in a fanfic who obviously serves as an idealized version of the author mainly for the purpose of Wish Fulfillment. She's exotically beautiful, often having an unusual hair or eye color, and has a similarly cool and exotic name. She's exceptionally talented in an implausibly wide variety of areas, and may possess skills that are rare or nonexistent in the canon setting. She also lacks any realistic, or at least story-relevant, character flaws — either that or her "flaws" are obviously meant to be endearing."

    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue

    Sounds like Karin is a Mary Sue to me. Attractive. Had ALL the info that was needed. Gathered everyone. And didn't lose a SINGLE fight in story mode NOR did she break a sweat. If that isn't Mary Sue then you are delusional. I agree with the others. She was cringe worthy in the story. No flaws, no mistakes, just pure perfection. The only bad thing that happened to her was her satellite was shutdown but she didn't seem too upset about it PLUS it didn't deter how she gathered her info. So once again. She's a Mary Sue.

    You know she's been that way since Alpha 3, right?

    It's like you didn't pay attention. Her character story and Ken shows she holds regular parties and get together among the fighter community. She keeps tabs on anyone that's relevant and has an extensive intelligence network. Karin being able to gather people isn't stretch from what we know before cinematic story. Why would the satellite deter her from getting info? She used it to monitor the Black Moon and it detonated in New York not Japan. Communication on her end wouldn't be affected.

    Why is her not losing an issue considering who she fought. Is it beyond Karin's power to beat nameless Shadoloo goon [insert number] and FANG the ultimate jobber? Vega didn't lose to anyone neither. Hell, he shitted on Cammy three times and I don't see anyone bitching about him.

    It's getting ridiculous how many people are taking out their story frustrations out on Karin. She's not responsible for the poor treatment some the characters got.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2016
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    Agreed. Bison should have gone down fighting an entire gauntlet of heroes.

    This already happened in SF2 with Ryu, Ken, Cammy, Guile, and Chun-Li facing Bison. There is no point in it happening it again when clearly they only barely could stop that Bison. Only something like the power of nothingness can negate Bison's power and Ryu needed to be ready. Rose knew this. Bison knew this. Ryu understood this.

    Ryu Final x Final Bison was Street Fighter destiny, and has been building up for many years. It couldn't have happened any other way.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,879
    cazetta wrote: »
    The Storymode of the game is, very very very unfortunately, very similiar to a nightmarish episode of the 90's cartoon show.

    Edit: just stop denying it guys. The sooner we accept it, the better we can say to Capcom what NOT to do in these stories.

    I don't want super hero SF team with dudes falling out of the sky from a helicopter, Kanzuki as the hero team leader (?) and etc, Street Fighter is not GI Joe and that's precisely the reason why the cartoon show was so fuking bad lol. I want SF2 animated movie standard, or - at the most - something like 2 Victory but canon.

    The story mode of the game IS an important step and they should continue to invest on it, but with a decent writer next time.

    Actually, yes, after 29 years, Capcom actually made a great fighting game lore akin to Mortal Kombat. After watching the whole story mode from YouTube, Ed Boon should be proud.

    Now, the question remains, is there any doubt that a Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat will be created soon? This will be epic!
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    MrPyro wrote: »
    For the record, a lot of us are pissed that Cammy pointlessly keeps getting her ass handed to her by Vega.

    At least from what I've seen.

    Vega is a perverted sadist and he literally ENJOYS tormenting Cammy. His win quote and his history with the dolls explain this. He detests the dolls because they cannot feel, but Cammy, she is haunted by the past and Vega wants to bring back all that despair and fear. This is why he is stalking her, she is prey to him, not a mission.
  • MrPyroMrPyro Joined: Posts: 163
    No no, I mean why she never emerges victorious.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,739
    I'm pretty sure Hawkingbird jumped on the Karin bandwagon to cope with what they did to Alex; it's the other way Alex mains deal with the suffering (type A is Citrus Monkey).

    Giving him and Laura fights against Zangief and Mika at that ring would have been infinitely cooler than an offscreen fight which was likely interrupted anyway. It would have also given Alex, Laura, and Mika each a second battle participation. They're even wearing their damn tag costumes! I think there was originally a fight there but it was scrapped. In fact, I think there were several scrapped fights which would have added to the story.
  • bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 2,000
    Daemos wrote: »
    MrPyro wrote: »
    For the record, a lot of us are pissed that Cammy pointlessly keeps getting her ass handed to her by Vega.

    At least from what I've seen.

    Vega is a perverted sadist and he literally ENJOYS tormenting Cammy. His win quote and his history with the dolls explain this. He detests the dolls because they cannot feel, but Cammy, she is haunted by the past and Vega wants to bring back all that despair and fear. This is why he is stalking her, she is prey to him, not a mission.

    @Daemos basically called how the Cammy vs Vega fight would go in story mode back on page 11
    Daemos wrote: »
    Vega is one of the stronger Street Fighters. At the very least he is on par with Chun-Li. but that speaks for Chun-Li's strength rather than Vega's weakness. He would skewer Cammy alive.
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

    New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    MrPyro wrote: »
    Kind of off-subject, what happened to hot Ryu being story-related or the explanation for Bison's white hair?

    I mean, I figure Ryu's alt represents his training, and I'm sure Bison's body is simply wearing thin as he uses more Psycho Power.

    Unfortunately they didn't follow through with some of the ideas. Hot Ryu would've been great, and Bison's story mode outfit really would've been the cherry on top of his final battle with Ryu.

    I guess the explanation for Bison's aging was a little too on the nose to explain. We already know that Bison's psycho power degenerates the host body. We also know that the cloning process can have the side effect of accelerated aging (see Ed). We also know that it is a common Japanese Anime trope that whitening of hair = overwhelming power.

    Capcom's style of story telling is disjointed, and indirect. It isn't casual friendly to tell you the truth, because it requires you to be privy to a lot of details from past games to make complete sense. SF4, WW encyclopedia, and the new Shadaloo archives were a great step forward at making the lore accessible. But some people just want Capcom to spell shit out for them and that is just NOT their style.



  • MrPyroMrPyro Joined: Posts: 163
    Yep. I kind of wonder if members of this thread enjoy it more than most other players, and if so, how much more.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,879
    So... The Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat story would be Gill VS Shinnok
Sign In or Register to comment.